Verified:

Alin Game profile

Oct 20th 2014, 11:50:39

Neah i don`t expect anything. I already mentioned a couple of times that, people should be grateful to admins for keeping this game on.

But admins have the power. If they notice early wars decimate the numbers on the server, they could do something. I have no idea how hard or easy is to change the game code, or how much time will take, i am just saying.

Games like this are based on rivalry which slowly degenerates into hating. All the on line games are somehow the same thing. Only the owners/admins can change the rules of engagement in order to reduce the aftermath damage.

bstrong86 Game profile

Oct 20th 2014, 11:56:04

Thats what i dont like about this, the player base is much to be desired. Not the admins fault everyone has so much hate. Not there fault wars wage early.

Then people cry foul and demand a game changing mechanic be instituted.

Then they do make changes and everyone yells atthem for making the change to try and help....because they don't like the change that was made
The Death Knights

XI

bstrong86 Game profile

Oct 20th 2014, 11:57:56

Thenpeople get upset when pang says, but this is just a hobby...

Shouldnt us playing consider this a hobby as well....?
The Death Knights

XI

TeckMing Game profile

Oct 20th 2014, 13:44:38

mrford Game profile

Oct 20th 2014, 13:50:47

Prototypical should the governing body or the people fix the problems, debate. As old as civilization itself.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

tellarion Game profile

Oct 20th 2014, 13:53:07

Alin, early wars are a symptom, not the cause.

Alin Game profile

Oct 20th 2014, 13:59:45

Originally posted by tellarion:
Alin, early wars are a symptom, not the cause.

i see early wars to be one of the cause of mass fleeing.

iccyh Game profile

Oct 20th 2014, 14:05:13

Having situations where the admins intervene in the server political dynamics is bad news for us and for them. For them, it is a huge headache where nothing they do is ever right and no one is ever happy (like now, but worse) and the players have to react to admins making judgment calls in situations where the lines aren't always going to be black and white.

The simpler it is for everyone, the better.

mrford: Comparing the admins to lawmakers seems inaccurate to me. Probably a better comparison would be to say that the rules the admins make are similar to the laws of physics.

PaoLo Game profile

Oct 21st 2014, 9:34:20

Bring United Nations for peace. :P

Hel_TKS Game profile

Oct 21st 2014, 10:00:21

Or exchange program where we switch sides.

I will join LAF next set. (and drag down their Avg.NW)

d20 Game profile

Oct 21st 2014, 10:45:56

bonus

Atryn Game profile

Oct 21st 2014, 12:20:05

Originally posted by bstrong86:

My son wanted to play this awhile back. I wouldn't let him. If the forums were cleaner, maybe. But not while adults are acting worse then him on a homework night.

+1 on that, btw. I now play at least 3 other online games with my son. I won't let him come here.

Academus Game profile

Oct 21st 2014, 12:57:27

$0.02

archaic Game profile

Oct 21st 2014, 13:55:00

Gamblers Ruin, google it. Essentially in a non-gambling setting, the smaller a population becomes the more prone it is to cross the 0-line (i.e. extinction), however ALL populations (and all gamblers stakes) eventually cross the 0-line and become extinct.

Pang, I'd love to recruit and I have tried, but its not an easy sell.

"OK, so you have this game where a few hundred lonely guys sit around doing basic arithmatic and trying to out-do one anothers 'countries'. Once and a while, instead of trying to outdo the country, you get together with a bunch of 'friends' and just kill the country instead. I know, it sounds boring, but trust me, its not about the game its about the community - we've all been playing together for 8-10-12+ years and we are VERY welcoming of outsiders."

"Uh, yeah - I think I'll play WOT instead, thanks though."
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

Azz Kikr Game profile

Wiki Mod

Oct 21st 2014, 13:58:22

cmon over, hel, you can't possibly be worse than tob ;)

dagga X

Oct 22nd 2014, 11:23:14

pang makes himself feel better by ignoring the following facts about his failed stewardship of this game;

1. Blamed the community for exploiting flaws in the game like early first strikes and no restart bonuses instead of getting off his ass and making meaningful changes to war
2. Did nothing to stop gangbang wars
3. Acted unprofessionally and joined flame wars on AT, eroding his standing
4. Introduced no new initiatives like war rankings or other enticements for fair wars

Once the server became small enough that a gangbang first strike could wipe out pretty much every opponent, should have been the wake up call for the admins to legislate against the cancerous tactics of OOP wars and stacked numbers.

It is embarrasing the community has had to finally make an 'agreement' not to war early and exploit this gaping game flaw, instead of the admins removing the thumb from their butts for 5 years (well, im not talking about netting - plenty of 'formula tweaking' going on there).

Ruthie

Oct 22nd 2014, 14:43:54

Originally posted by Atryn:

My son wanted to play this awhile back. I wouldn't let him. If the forums were cleaner, maybe. But not while adults are acting worse then him on a homework night.

+1 on that, btw. I now play at least 3 other online games with my son. I won't let him come here.

My son plays but all he does is play his country, he rarely visits AT, he doesn't get involved in politics, and occasionally he posts on Boxcar.

Its a shame that there are so many haters, we have a community with a lot of potential. But then, its the internet so what can you expect.

~Ruthless~
Ragnaroks EEVIL Lady

Heston Game profile

Oct 22nd 2014, 20:52:47

Make the boards rated G and the community will grow. I wont allow my kids to play here. This place is smut filled. You cant set low standards then hope for success. Owners cant blame patrons for the environment here. They have full control of what can and can not go in this service they provide us. They do exercise that right to an extent. Perhaps they are to soft to govern. In any case this game needs an enema.
❤️️Nothing but❤️️💯❤️️❤️️🌺🌸🌹❤️❤️💯

Trife Game profile

Oct 22nd 2014, 20:56:09

Originally posted by Heston:
Make the boards rated G and the community will grow. I wont allow my kids to play here. This place is smut filled.

ahahahahahahahahaha

ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

this coming from heston

oh holy fluffballs, ahahahahahahahaha

mrford Game profile

Oct 22nd 2014, 21:01:48

Trife is, without a shadow of a doubt, a jive turkey.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Furious999 Game profile

Oct 22nd 2014, 21:03:06

[quote poster=Ruthie; 33667; 611441][quote poster=Atryn; 33667; 611221]

But then, its the internet so what can you expect.

You, and your son Ruthie, can expect good manners, courtesy and consideration. We, who meet each other through the internet, are human beings.

VicRattlehead Game profile

Oct 22nd 2014, 21:21:05

Make the boards rated G and the community will grow. I wont allow my kids to play here. This place is smut filled. You cant set low standards then hope for success. Owners cant blame patrons for the environment here. They have full control of what can and can not go in this service they provide us. They do exercise that right to an extent. Perhaps they are to soft to govern. In any case this game needs an enema.

Actually, I agree with this. How many of the country names on Team server are about buttplugs and six degrees of penetration and whatever other crazy ish? My 9 year old ought to be your target audience, instead I am not going to show him the game for many years, and it will probably be gone.

Ruthie

Oct 22nd 2014, 21:45:11

[quote poster=Furious999; 33667; 611527][quote poster=Ruthie; 33667; 611441]
Originally posted by Atryn:

But then, its the internet so what can you expect.

You, and your son Ruthie, can expect good manners, courtesy and consideration. We, who meet each other through the internet, are human beings.

I must be on the wrong internet ;P
~Ruthless~
Ragnaroks EEVIL Lady

archaic Game profile

Oct 22nd 2014, 23:09:07

Originally posted by Trife:
Make the boards rated G and the community will grow. I wont allow my kids to play here. This place is smut filled.

ahahahahahahahahaha

this coming from heston

Trife did not just win the internet, he now gets to rename it.
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

Taveren Game profile

Oct 23rd 2014, 0:04:05

This is some low quality bait, even for Alin.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Skype: som3thingclassy

Heston Game profile

Oct 23rd 2014, 0:20:32

Originally posted by Trife:

ahahahahahahahahaha

this coming from heston

😃
❤️️Nothing but❤️️💯❤️️❤️️🌺🌸🌹❤️❤️💯