Verified:

Alin Game profile

Oct 17th 2014, 11:40:33

Checked the numbers today ... 27 members ?

Wtf , after 1 set of beating. Other took set after set of unfair beatings and didn`t even looked close to the edge of disbanding.

Laf also looks weak, taking into account TIE was sucked in.

Anyway, altough i don`t have any decision power, i suggest to the stronger side ( stronger at this point - because we all know things switch ), to leave them in peace to do whatever they want.

A prearrange fair war btw the war people in both sides should be good enough... for the community and for this game.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 17th 2014, 16:44:12

For your info we didn't gain a whole lot of ppl from TIE. A few at best as far as I can tell. We are down a little but it seems most other alliances are down some too?

H4xOr WaNgEr Game profile

Forum Moderator

Oct 17th 2014, 16:54:15

everyone seems down to me

Alin Game profile

Oct 17th 2014, 17:08:23

Originally posted by Requiem:
For your info we didn't gain a whole lot of ppl from TIE. A few at best as far as I can tell. We are down a little but it seems most other alliances are down some too?

I think i counted something close to 20 some tie country names last reset ( can`t remember exact - but close to that ).

Anyway - the point of the thread is not that ...

I am urging you "royalty", the blue blood of our EE, to sit more at that table and arrange a friendly war btw people from both sides that wish a war ( invite basically everyone on the server who wishes to).

Furthermore - to make things more interesting you can divide the players that subscribe into two random groups. A hat, some numbers. 1st pulled goes to side A , 2nd goes to side B.
Give to both sides, 3-4 war people from everywhere for the chats ...

When this server dies - at least you can say "we tried" ...

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 17th 2014, 18:41:34

I'll clerify with Red X on that.

crest23 Game profile

Oct 17th 2014, 21:03:38

Looks like all the PMSing these grown ass men have been doing is coming back to roost now. Maybe now, you can all at like men and figure out a way to reconcile and grow the game.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

Azz Kikr Game profile

Wiki Mod

Oct 17th 2014, 21:08:04

Originally posted by Alin:

I think i counted something close to 20 some tie country names last reset ( can`t remember exact - but close to that ).

i think i counted something close to 20 some evo country names with laf inspiration..
oh right, country name themes.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 17th 2014, 22:44:52

I think in all honesty it was like 10 or so.

elvesrus

Oct 18th 2014, 3:28:30

Originally posted by H4xOr WaNgEr:
everyone seems down to me

some are up or even from the looks of it, but too lazy to check prewar numbers from last set for specifics. LCN is definitely the same as last set from the time of this post with 25
Originally posted by crest23:
Elves is a douche on every server.

Duna Game profile

Oct 18th 2014, 6:37:21

25 top clans = 378 countries.

So huge drop. Probably its time to take bets when game will die.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Oct 18th 2014, 6:47:05

if this server put half as much time into helping recruit and train new players as they spent speculating and fluffing about the state of this server's userbase this server would be be in a much better position.

enjoy things for what they are and try to improve it or stfu. all you're doing with threads like this is making a bad situation worse

$0.02

PS. this server became fluffty because of the community that takes part in it and the near complete buy in to the politics of hate. that's why the #s have declined in the first place and why I don't give a fluff anymore.... people were legitimately here to have a good time like they used to when they were younger and they were driven off by all that.

Edited By: Pang on Oct 18th 2014, 6:57:19
See Original Post
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

Viceroy Game profile

Oct 18th 2014, 6:52:56

Originally posted by Pang:
this server became fluffty because of the community that takes part in it.
LIES! The internet only brings out the best in humanity.
And, Monsters, do not forget to specify, when time and place shall serve, that I am an ass.

Duna Game profile

Oct 18th 2014, 7:12:05

ofc Pang. Blame everyone except yourself. Thats how this game (and most of world also) works for everyone.

locket Game profile

Oct 18th 2014, 7:50:20

if this server put half as much time into helping recruit and train new players as they spent speculating and fluffing about the state of this server's userbase this server would be be in a much better position.

enjoy things for what they are and try to improve it or stfu. all you're doing with threads like this is making a bad situation worse

$0.02

PS. this server became fluffty because of the community that takes part in it and the near complete buy in to the politics of hate. that's why the #s have declined in the first place and why I don't give a fluff anymore.... people were legitimately here to have a good time like they used to when they were younger and they were driven off by all that.

Yah because the OLD politics had NO hate.. not like Arrow was run off the server... rampant cheating with clans like IX being founded and raised by cheats... PDM... MD.. Everyone cheated. Yah that was the reason for sure.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Oct 18th 2014, 8:22:30

OK.... thanks for reinforcing my PS point with examples while acting like it's countering me?

Bottom line is that if this community is going to survive/thrive it'll take more cooperation and less division/complaining. Maybe even a little sportsmanship.

Didn't you all play sports as kids?

Edited By: Pang on Oct 18th 2014, 8:33:05
See Original Post
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

locket Game profile

Oct 18th 2014, 9:28:11

"and the near complete buy in to the politics of hate. "

The entire game has been politics of hate since the beginning. That was what I pointed out. If you wish to argue the game was always dying then go ahead but the politics of hate has not changed. The population just got too small to withstand it. If the game was to withstand it then countries would probably need to have half the population and less turns etc so that smaller clans could exist and actually do something instead of requiring so many members. Mind you no one wants to lead so..

bstrong86 Game profile

Oct 18th 2014, 11:18:38

I do believe most had fun hating each other while we were younger. Most here are grown ass adults now still acting 16. Other adults find this game now and are like wtf are you serious? Kids join and prpbably are met with such hostiliy that its not worth sticking around.

My son wanted to play this awhile back. I wouldn't let him. If the forums were cleaner, maybe. But not while adults are acting worse then him on a homework night.

I love this game, always have since i was a kid. Its jist a shame too see the state we are in.
The Death Knights

XI

Link Game profile

Oct 18th 2014, 11:42:33

i dont think many of these people played any sprts at all pang lol
Link.

I Am a meat popsicle.

Elders
ICN
NBK
PanLV
SALT
MaK
Valks
CwG

Kalick Game profile

Oct 18th 2014, 12:04:37

Originally posted by locket:
rampant cheating with clans like IX being founded and raised by cheats... PDM... MD.. Everyone cheated.

What? That is an odd list of clans to post when your claim is massive cheating. I didn't play for a number of years in the 00's, but my recollection tells me that one of those clans is not like the others...

You could have gone Elitez, RD, or as far back as RoCK, but you went PDM and MD to illustrate your point?

mdevol Game profile

Oct 18th 2014, 12:15:32

locket was RD, that's why.

He has been vocally bitter about this game ever since they got deleted this most recent time they got caught cheating.

Surely what a man does when he is caught off his guard is the best evidence as to what sort of man he is. - C.S. Lewis

mrford Game profile

Oct 18th 2014, 13:15:21

pretty sure xyle was the only one willing to run SoF. he took a step back recently because everyone on this server has an extremely wide set vagina, and that left what, 1 or 2 active heads? there you go. you got your wish, now you dont have a clan to hate along with a leader to hate. not to mention we have lost a lot of leaders to RL issues over the last 10-14 months and havnt replaced them with people as active or capable.

it has more to do with small leadership core, something SoF has had for more than a year, than recent events imo. no one wants to lead a clan in the environment this server has become. i dont blame them, i sure as fluff dont want to. but im sure you all will ignore these poins and blame SoF and LaF for their own downfall because it is clearly only our fault, so im not even sure why im posting this. this community is incapable of working together in a public fashion. any cooperation that has happened recently has been behind closd doors and membership is none the wiser. pubically start working together, or expect more leadership to fold and clans to dwindle. that is a simple truth. it can not be argued with, although im sure you will try
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 18th 2014, 13:40:04

Originally posted by Link:
i dont think many of these people played any sprts at all pang lol

Hey I played football, basketball, and baseball thank you very much!

mrford Game profile

Oct 18th 2014, 13:40:37

maybe i should clarify a bit as well. xyle was the one holding SoF together. he did most of the work, and was super active. he ran a metric fluffton of chats, did ALL SoF's recruiting, and helped in strats and advisor threads. no xyle, no 80 member SoF. granted, i disagreed with xyle quite a bit, but he was the leader, and he was keeping SoF alive, so he got the final say. nothing wrong with that imo. unless one of you wants to do the job, you are going to deal with a small, and hopefully slow growing, SoF.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

EL Rapy

Oct 18th 2014, 13:54:37

we are actually 25++ active last set

Furious999 Game profile

Oct 18th 2014, 14:18:49

I don't really know what clan websites are like now but when I played previously people worked to make them lively. I suspect that has more to do with the question of whether the environment is conducive to keeping people playing than anything to do with clan politics.

I doubt young people are going to be attracted to the game, the people who swell our ranks are like me, coming back to a game they used to enjoy years ago.

I am still playing after a few sets because I enjoy the game and, in Alliance, because I have found a few people to hang out with whom I like.

I am not sure whether there is any lesson in that, perhaps not. But if there is it is just to have fun and look to have a bit of a laugh while playing.

And we should be tolerant of what other people get fun out of. We have a bit more than our fair share of people who like to post in a somewhat poisonous fashion. But they enjoy that and while I don't particularly enjoy reading the stuff they write I am glad they are here playing their countries so I am also glad they get to post what pleases them. The same with the arid politics. Same old wars against same old opponents larded with bitterness stored up from events long ago seems to me a drag. But the people going in for it like that sort of thing. As with the posters I am glad they are here and I am glad they get to do what they like. The fact that what they like is not for me doesn't matter. They would think the stuff I like pretty dull no doubt.

Trife Game profile

Oct 18th 2014, 14:28:55

Originally posted by mrford:
maybe i should clarify a bit as well. xyle was the one holding SoF together. he did most of the work, and was super active. he ran a metric fluffton of chats, did ALL SoF's recruiting, and helped in strats and advisor threads.

don't forget he was rage's puppeteer at the time and running warchats for them as well!

mrford Game profile

Oct 18th 2014, 14:30:53

if you choose to see that in a negative light, instead of seeing it as a leader helping an ally with chats and training, that is your choice.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Trife Game profile

Oct 18th 2014, 14:35:24

Originally posted by mrford:
if you choose to see that in a negative light, instead of seeing it as a leader helping an ally with chats and training, that is your choice.

i was trying to show that he was doing even a lot more things than you mentioned!

i hadn't even considered that the alliance that he was running was pacted with the alliance he was leading warchats against! ;)

Hawkster Game profile

Oct 18th 2014, 16:10:56

$0.02

While all this is true and valid. At same time I do not see where it is up to the players to be recruiting and effectively advertising to try and bring more players to the game. If they do great .. but you should not be expecting this to happen. If it is not happening naturally from the players then the owners need to be looking into why and trying to fix it so that it does happen naturally.

Besides this is a common trend with most games anyway, playerbase typically declines after reaching its peak.

JOE DANGER

Oct 18th 2014, 16:55:03

JOIN THE MIGHTY CLAN DANGER. IN SPITE OF THE GLORIOUS CO-EXPLOSION EXPERIENCE WITH OMA WE ARE BOTH AT 100% MEMBERSHIP RETENTION THIS SET! EVEN GOGY IS BACK FOR ANOTHER ROUND OF IN GAME MESSAGE MOCKING (SEE OUR COUNTRY NAME LIST THIS SET!)

OLD EXPLOSIONS NEVER DIE
THEY JUST EXPLODE SOME MORE!

HA!

JOE DANGER
EXPLODED OUT ON EXPLOSIONS BUT ALWAYS READY FOR MORE

locket Game profile

Oct 18th 2014, 20:39:42

Originally posted by mdevol:
locket was RD, that's why.

He has been vocally bitter about this game ever since they got deleted this most recent time they got caught cheating.

hahaha wow. I was in RD for a few sets in Earth Empires. I hated the old RD and I didnt get along with every current RDer.

I listed those to show that every clan cheated. Not just some. PDM was picked because they were often considered clean and anti cheat and yet they still had cheaters and played politics hatefully.

You people can be so fluffing childish sometimes. Pang isnt wrong about that. I wonder if any of you will ever grow up.

major Game profile

Oct 18th 2014, 23:10:57

fluff it, lets finish it against these flufftards.... sometimes the host must die

tellarion Game profile

Oct 19th 2014, 7:59:41

Sov did lots of great things for Sof, nobody disagrees with that. The issue that people(myself included) have with Sov is his FA work. If he wants to continue recruiting and take care of Sof internally, nobody would give a fluff. We just didn't want him throwing his alliance at us set after set. Do I think he should quit the game completely? Of course not. Do I think he should actually step back from the FA side of things and let guys like aponic and warrior handle it? Definitely.

King_Cobra1 Game profile

Oct 19th 2014, 13:49:37

Clans size comes and go. The entire player base is very small compared to before.

Plus like some said the game is more polarized then ever before. Your either with us or against us which is sort of how the game always was but, with the member base before wasn't seen so, extreme.

Everybody knows everybody almost in the game and everybody has an opinion of everybody whether justified or not. That is part of the issue with the game now of days.

Like every main leader that has played a long time Xyle made friends and enemies. Just like Makinso did on the other end of the spectrum.

The real question is in what direction will the game go from here.

ssewellusmc

Oct 19th 2014, 14:19:11

Originally posted by tellarion:
Sov did lots of great things for Sof, nobody disagrees with that. The issue that people(myself included) have with Sov is his FA work. If he wants to continue recruiting and take care of Sof internally, nobody would give a fluff. We just didn't want him throwing his alliance at us set after set. Do I think he should quit the game completely? Of course not. Do I think he should actually step back from the FA side of things and let guys like aponic and warrior handle it? Definitely.

So tella has the right to tell other alliances who can or cannot be FA? This right here is the problem with EE.

iccyh Game profile

Oct 19th 2014, 14:30:23

While I'm not in agreement with what Pang is saying, blaming him or any of the other EE staff for earth dying is hilarious considering that this game would have been dead years ago without them. Thank the admins and staff, don't ever blame them.

Anyway, alliances and the alliance community were toxic almost from the beginning. We've always been a horrible bunch of assholes and expecting us to change at this point is probably wishful thinking. In the past, we managed to entertain and retain people despite that because the alliances themselves were vibrant and there was stuff happening to draw people into them, be it spam on the boards or politics and intrigue or fighting wars. Being horrible assholes to each other is honestly a large part of the appeal provided we're able to fight in ways that are constructive rather than destructive.

It seems to me that as the number of people coming into the community dried up, attrition changed the game dramatically for alliances. Forcing an opponent out of the game became as viable a strategy as trying to recruit and outgrow them when considering long term victory, and the internal activity declines dried up the boards and made it difficult to retain new people.

Pang is certainly right that if we actually want to make a difference, every single post here is worthless and our time would be better spent trying to recruit other people in, but it would honestly be hard to hell to retain them given the age of the game and the tiredness of the community. There isn't anything exciting happening here.

All that said, I really wonder what some people in this community would do if new people showed up. It wouldn't take many for the new players to completely outnumber all of the old ones, and the balance of power people invested years in would be thrown in the air in a second. A vibrant 100 member alliance could rule this server with an iron fist if they put in only a relatively minimal amount of effort.

It'd be hilarious to see, too bad I doubt it'll happen.

Alin Game profile

Oct 19th 2014, 14:43:56

$0.02

Make a situation worse? The worst thing to happen on this server, were the "day 7" in spite wars ( followed by mass farming ). Playing farms for 1 month, and repeat next set, makes you leave ... You should have fixed that, a long time ago ( as owner ).

Now things moved forward, and it is a small step.

I asked for a prearranged war even after day 29, i don`t speak for no one except than my self.

bstrong86 Game profile

Oct 19th 2014, 21:43:08

The day 7 wars are a players problem, not the owners to change
The Death Knights

XI

Alin Game profile

Oct 19th 2014, 21:54:33

owner can block special attacks ( or "insert" better idea) to avoid early wars when some folks decide to war early, set after set ... after set.

bstrong86 Game profile

Oct 19th 2014, 22:59:32

Thats not there problem. If your getting hit earlier and earlier then look to diplomacy between the alliamces not a mechanics change
The Death Knights

XI

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 20th 2014, 1:44:14

You can't blame players for using a 7 day war to their advantage, if it gives them an edge. In a competitive game any advantage will be utlized. It is up to the developers to control what kind of advantages can be gained in the game. The line is blurry but I feel like if something negativity impacts the game they have a duty to do something.

That of course is just one mans opinion.

Viceroy Game profile

Oct 20th 2014, 3:59:41

Originally posted by ssewellusmc:

So tella has the right to tell other alliances who can or cannot be FA? This right here is the problem with EE.
Tella has the right to work or not work with whomever he deems fit. If Sof wants Sov to be their voice, that is their prerogative, just as it is every other clan's prerogative to engage him and his FA team in conversation or ignore them.

What Tella is suggesting would have been an appropriate compromise here is analogous to Howard Dean, circa 2004. He was not an appropriate voice for the Democratic Party and was thusly rejected in the primaries. The American People would tune him out ("YEAH!!!") just as many FA teams would not take Sov seriously. However, Dean was an excellent fit as Chair of the DNC and has received a lot of credit for many of the party's successes in 2006 and 2008.
And, Monsters, do not forget to specify, when time and place shall serve, that I am an ass.

tellarion Game profile

Oct 20th 2014, 4:18:02

Originally posted by ssewellusmc:

Or you could step back for a second and read what I said. Anyone can do whatever position their alliance deems fit for them, but don't blame everyone else if your policies backfire. Sov can be FA if ya'll want, but many people on this server don't like his way of doing things, and that lead to many many sets of war. I can't say that all the events of the last few years were his fault, but what goes around comes around. Turnabout is fair play. Yada yada yada.

tellarion Game profile

Oct 20th 2014, 4:21:51

Originally posted by iccyh:
While I'm not in agreement with what Pang is saying, blaming him or any of the other EE staff for earth dying is hilarious considering that this game would have been dead years ago without them. Thank the admins and staff, don't ever blame them.

Anyway, alliances and the alliance community were toxic almost from the beginning. We've always been a horrible bunch of assholes and expecting us to change at this point is probably wishful thinking. In the past, we managed to entertain and retain people despite that because the alliances themselves were vibrant and there was stuff happening to draw people into them, be it spam on the boards or politics and intrigue or fighting wars. Being horrible assholes to each other is honestly a large part of the appeal provided we're able to fight in ways that are constructive rather than destructive.

It seems to me that as the number of people coming into the community dried up, attrition changed the game dramatically for alliances. Forcing an opponent out of the game became as viable a strategy as trying to recruit and outgrow them when considering long term victory, and the internal activity declines dried up the boards and made it difficult to retain new people.

Pang is certainly right that if we actually want to make a difference, every single post here is worthless and our time would be better spent trying to recruit other people in, but it would honestly be hard to hell to retain them given the age of the game and the tiredness of the community. There isn't anything exciting happening here.

All that said, I really wonder what some people in this community would do if new people showed up. It wouldn't take many for the new players to completely outnumber all of the old ones, and the balance of power people invested years in would be thrown in the air in a second. A vibrant 100 member alliance could rule this server with an iron fist if they put in only a relatively minimal amount of effort.

It'd be hilarious to see, too bad I doubt it'll happen.

Pretty much this. I think that this level of vitriol has always been around, but it was a small trickle in a much larger stream compared to now. The more people leave, the more intensified it becomes, and it sorta feeds off itself. People are constantly bringing up stuff from YEARS ago as if it had any relevance, and nobody ever lets anything go. Maybe it's because we're all the stubborn people left from a much larger community...you'd have to be to stick with this game :)

davhere Game profile

Oct 20th 2014, 4:43:41

i have tried getting people to try game as other games shut down and they looking for good gaming . its the bs that drives them away not the boring text game. i know a few that did untagged on this sever and when they would retal from being farmed they were killed off not only by clan they retaled but sometimes 2 other clans and get told this alliance sever you need to be in one so they made thier own 2 country clan in one.. guess what same thing.. sometimes it is us killing the game. i also know a couple that quit after only 3 sets due the same old war things.

iccyh Game profile

Oct 20th 2014, 5:05:02

tellarion: We were always this bad on AT and the like, all of the nice stuff was reserved for what we said to our alliance mates rather than anything we ever said to the idiots who'd dare to compete with us etc etc. Problem is: as the game declines the main forum remains active and the friendly ones are dead or dying.

Everyone currently playing should hopefully realize that we're mostly irrelevant to a real solution though; we'll be almost entirely washed out if there's any influx of new players at this point.

I'm all for this :P

Duna Game profile

Oct 20th 2014, 8:42:14

Admins is gods of this game. They can do all they want.
Dont like early wars? Block attacks for first X weeks. Or change reset length, so it will be less and early wars will be mid wars;)
Dont like agression on forums? Ban agressive people from forum. Easy solution.

The real problem is admins, who dont consider this project as something improtant. They made it as hobby and was supporting it on enthusiasm, though now they are more or less lost interest to their hobby.

iccyh Game profile

Oct 20th 2014, 9:36:30

Sure, the admins could do that but just because they could doesn't mean they should.

Neither of those things would solve the real issue, which is that the game needs to find a new audience. Instead, they'd just alienate everyone who still remains. I mean, look at the way some quarters view the staff already: can you imagine if the admins started actively interfering in politically related topics like when to war and applying more aggressive bans on AT?

The best changes the admins can make are ones that don't require them to babysit.

Alin Game profile

Oct 20th 2014, 9:57:55

Originally posted by bstrong86:
Thats not there problem. If your getting hit earlier and earlier then look to diplomacy between the alliamces not a mechanics change

you kinda ask to much from regular people that play a random internet game.

70 years ago, 80 000 000 people died because of an war. Or we can call it : a diplomacy fail. Since that - hundred of thousands die every year because of diplomacy fail all around the globe.

bstrong86 Game profile

Oct 20th 2014, 11:12:30

You expect to muxh from a couple of guys who did all a favor and kept a game alive. Dont like early wars? Dont be apart of tthem
The Death Knights

XI