Verified:

h2orich Game profile

Oct 13th 2014, 4:19:32

Are we gonna do something about this useless tech?

Marshal Game profile

Oct 13th 2014, 14:28:44

its not useless, it reduces military losses etc (not that losing for example 50k jets less matters much).
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

LATC Game profile

Oct 13th 2014, 14:43:19

"Medical technology is used by your country's hospitals to treat wounded soldiers defending your country from attack, reducing losses suffered by your forces while defending. Medical technology also helps your doctors develop cures for bioterror attacks. "

It only reduces losses when you defend against an attack.
Originally posted by Xinhuan:
Are you guys stupid or what?

Marshal Game profile

Oct 13th 2014, 19:08:21

50k turrets then, still insignificant.

LATC Game profile

Oct 13th 2014, 21:01:47

Which is what h2o is saying, it's pretty much a useless tech
Are you guys stupid or what?

Marshal Game profile

Oct 13th 2014, 21:21:10

not totally useless.

VicRattlehead Game profile

Oct 13th 2014, 22:54:17

It matters in tag wars.

midevil.chaos Game profile

Oct 14th 2014, 0:29:29

*facepalm*

Xinhuan Game profile

Oct 14th 2014, 3:10:11

h2orich Game profile

Oct 14th 2014, 6:00:50

whats that blank message from Xinhuan supposed to mean?

Originally posted by Marshal:
its not useless, it reduces military losses etc (not that losing for example 50k jets less matters much).

if it helps to reduce military losses from making an attack then its useful.

It is completely useless is ALL servers except maybe team or 1a. Yes you may have reduced military losses from this tech during KRs, but remember KRs already put you in DR. When you're deep DR from KRs, your military losses are already at like 10% of what it should be. having 20% of this tech will only make you lose 8% instead of 10% if you're getting KRed. How is this useful?

crest23 Game profile

Oct 14th 2014, 14:10:32

It makes it take more resources and a longer time to kill you.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

Xinhuan Game profile

Oct 14th 2014, 16:09:52

It means I typed something witty, then decided it wasn't worth it.

Marshal Game profile

Oct 14th 2014, 19:12:11

its always worth it to make witty post.

Viceroy Game profile

Oct 14th 2014, 23:54:28

always post.

Fixed it for you :-D
And, Monsters, do not forget to specify, when time and place shall serve, that I am an ass.

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 15th 2014, 20:57:01

DR is my medical tech.

If they wanted to instantly make MED TECH useful, they could make it so that an attacker would be penalized up to -33% attack gains, when attacked; but, that would probably change the dynamics of the game too much.

Maybe implement that idea and remove DR all together.

Edited By: Celphi on Oct 15th 2014, 21:00:54
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

Frybert Game profile

Oct 15th 2014, 21:16:28

Originally posted by Celphi:
DR is my medical tech.

If they wanted to instantly make MED TECH useful, they could make it so that an attacker would be penalized up to -33% attack gains, when attacked; but, that would probably change the dynamics of the game too much.

DR is around for a very important reason, medical tech would not replace DR. And with warster around on express now, I would watch yourself with the DR.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 15th 2014, 21:26:09

It means I typed something witty, then decided it wasn't worth it.

its always worth it to make witty post.

Staying on topic, it also helps you when you get hit by bioterrorism ;-)
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 15th 2014, 21:41:20

Originally posted by Frybert:
DR is my medical tech.

DR is around for a very important reason, medical tech would not replace DR. And with warster around on express now, I would watch yourself with the DR.

Uhm, what is your message implying? I can't retal those while at war with another country?

The whole DR thing is stupid on EXPRESS. Basically, if you have a strategy to top-feed players, then you better hope nobody wars you, because if they do, then that's assumed as cheating. I guess you technically could get anyone deleted who is an aggressive LGer by provoking them to war you.

Country A - aggressive LGer
Country B - instigator

Country A LGs C, D, E, F, G, H...
Country B LGs A x3.
Country A LGs B x2
Country B commits GS x20.
Country A can no longer LG any country now because everyone will accuse him of using DR as a shield, thus effectively destroying Country A.

Edited By: Celphi on Oct 15th 2014, 21:43:47

Frybert Game profile

Oct 15th 2014, 22:44:44

Originally posted by Frybert:
DR is my medical tech.

Uhm, what is your message implying? I can't retal those while at war with another country?

The whole DR thing is stupid on EXPRESS. Basically, if you have a strategy to top-feed players, then you better hope nobody wars you, because if they do, then that's assumed as cheating. I guess you technically could get anyone deleted who is an aggressive LGer by provoking them to war you.

Country B - instigator

Country B LGs A x3.
Country A LGs B x2
Country A can no longer LG any country now because everyone will accuse him of using DR as a shield, thus effectively destroying Country A.

I am not implying anything about you, Celphi. I just recall that a few sets ago, your strat of provoking people into putting you into DR was something he considered DR abuse. I don't know if he still feels that way, just saying you might want to be careful about it.

h2orich Game profile

Oct 16th 2014, 3:12:07

Country B - instigator

Country B LGs A x3.
Country A LGs B x2

Country A can still continue to LG at a reasonable jet:turret ratio. If he goes to 90% jets and topfeed, its deletable, if he continues his 40% jets , 60% turrets ratio then he should not be deleted. However, all these is up to the mods discretion to decide.

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 16th 2014, 4:15:55

Originally posted by h2orich:

Country B - instigator

Country B LGs A x3.
Country A LGs B x2

Country A can still continue to LG at a reasonable jet:turret ratio. If he goes to 90% jets and topfeed, its deletable, if he continues his 40% jets , 60% turrets ratio then he should not be deleted. However, all these is up to the mods discretion to decide.

So it's the <40% jets which sets off the alarm bells. So, how about grabbing .95 of net? (Which is where you gain the most from LG'ing anyways).

40%*150%(PS) > 60%.

Viceroy Game profile

Oct 16th 2014, 4:25:03

So if they started with 90% jets, its either buy up to a respectable percentage of turrets or be deleted?
And, Monsters, do not forget to specify, when time and place shall serve, that I am an ass.

h2orich Game profile

Oct 16th 2014, 4:28:21

like I said, its up to the mods to decide. I have asked this question several times "whats the cut-off point before you can define that as abusing dr" but have not received any firm answers.

In express, bottomfeeding is the way to win it normally. So if you were bottom feeding and you got DR kicked in and you started mid-feeding or top feeding or started matching nw, then you should get deleted.

Anyway, we are talking way off topic now.

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 16th 2014, 4:29:03

Originally posted by Viceroy:
So if they started with 90% jets, its either buy up to a respectable percentage of turrets or be deleted?

Yup. Apparently.

So, basically a country with 90% jets runs a high risk of getting deleted; because, as soon as you go to war with someone, you CANNOT LG any country w/o being accused of exploiting DR.

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 16th 2014, 4:35:12

Indeed off the topic, but nothing is going to happen with MED TECH- so I hijacked the OP discussion!!

Besides, I brought up a MED TECH suggestion back in August- and I'm sure I wasn't the 1st. I had some people agree with the adjustment, but nothing happened.

http://earthempires.com/...l-tech-32515?t=1409425769

Xinhuan Game profile

Oct 16th 2014, 7:00:53

Originally posted by Viceroy:

No. It's deletable if the mods feel you abused the DR mechanic. It's not dependent on any amount of turrets.

Sometimes it's clear whether it is intentional or not. If it isn't clear, be prepared to be deleted.

The rules are there to prevent abuse because it has resulted in top finishes that were unjustified. If it isn't abuse, you won't be deleted. If you knowingly plan for it to take advantage of it, then that qualifies as abuse.

Viceroy Game profile

Oct 17th 2014, 3:39:11

Does abuse imply two coordinating parties, or is it still abuse if it is just one player takes advantage of the situation they find themselves in?

Xinhuan Game profile

Oct 17th 2014, 4:28:14

That's the ambiguous part, and is up to moderator discretion.

http://www.earthempires.com/...b-2014-23176?t=1391920095
In the case of a grey area (like dr abuse or other things) we reserve the right to make judgement.

Yes it's arbitrary.

Furious999 Game profile

Oct 18th 2014, 10:42:11

I did not know Medical is only applied to defensive losses. That does diminish it quite a bit.

I also did not know that dr applies to military losses as well as to land, bushels, cash etc. I imagine that can only be true for lg attacks not ABs etc.

Bioterrorism can be quite powerful but if the main gain from Medical is to counter that one form of attack I have to agree it is way underpowered.

Xinhuan Game profile

Oct 18th 2014, 11:03:06

Originally posted by Furious999:
I also did not know that dr applies to military losses as well as to land, bushels, cash etc. I imagine that can only be true for lg attacks not ABs etc.

DR penalties only applies to SS and PS.