Verified:

Xinhuan Game profile

Sep 30th 2014, 18:23:07

1374 defends on a single country!

My mistake was not recognizing immediately it was BRs (instead of walling mostly GSes), and was sitting on 250 pop (with 17 turns to wall) rather than 500 pop. :(

crest23 Game profile

Sep 30th 2014, 18:31:15

What country? Why do people like talking to themselves these days? Self aggrandizing, much?
The Nigerian Nightmare.

Xinhuan Game profile

Sep 30th 2014, 18:37:37

<3 crest. #1146

Talking to yourself is a technique. I would like to educate you to its usefulness:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rubber_duck_debugging

Rubber duck debugging, rubber ducking, and the rubber duckie test are informal terms used in software engineering to refer to a method of debugging code. The name is a reference to a story in the book The Pragmatic Programmer in which a programmer would carry around a rubber duck and debug his code by forcing himself to explain it, line-by-line, to the duck. The practice is also known as "teddy bear debugging" for similar reasons, most notably an anecdote in The Practice of Programming.

Many programmers have had the experience of explaining a programming problem to someone else, possibly even to someone who knows nothing about programming, and then hitting upon the solution in the process of explaining the problem. In describing what the code is supposed to do and observing what it actually does, any incongruity between these two becomes apparent. By using an inanimate object, such as a rubber duck, the programmer can try to accomplish this without having to involve another person.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Sep 30th 2014, 18:50:24

100% on Xin's post, except I always try to involve others so they have a window into my methodology and corresponding (in)sanity

I also don't own any ducks.
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 30th 2014, 19:10:46

Originally posted by Pang:
100% on Xin's post, except I always try to involve others so they have a window into my methodology and corresponding (in)sanity

You're a red diaper doper baby, your methodology and corresponding (in)sanity are tarnished by constant leftist propaganda, in other words, FUBAR.

/me runs
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Sep 30th 2014, 19:23:41

KoH's so dumb he can't stray beyond a single line of thought.
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

Trife Game profile

Sep 30th 2014, 19:29:44

what kind of terrible person doesn't own any ducks?!?

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 30th 2014, 19:29:47

Oh Pang!, you got me good....
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Xinhuan Game profile

Sep 30th 2014, 19:51:05

Well, I own 4 murloc (different colors) and a zergling/baneling transformable plushies!

crest23 Game profile

Sep 30th 2014, 20:36:56

What problem is your statement meant to solve?

Originally posted by Xinhuan:
1374 defends on a single country!

My mistake was not recognizing immediately it was BRs (instead of walling mostly GSes), and was sitting on 250 pop (with 17 turns to wall) rather than 500 pop. :(

That we go work out which country you ran? That we try to guess how you did? That we figure out why you walled against BR instead of GS?,.....etc,.....

FYI, I just rubberducked you into telling me which country you ran so I can figure if I farmed you good before you died. I'll let you figure out if indeed I did. That's me talking to myself by the way, in other words self aggrandizing,...much. Hehe.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

mrford Game profile

Sep 30th 2014, 20:40:50

Is crest complaining about something again?
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Xinhuan Game profile

Oct 1st 2014, 2:56:42

Yeah, it seems like crest sounds very salty, or is sour a better word? I'm just having fun!

flgatorboy89 Game profile

Oct 1st 2014, 3:49:04

Awesome job , nice show!
Jon
ZT, SoL

<jon> off to bed fluffbeater :p
<mrford> i dont beat fluffs
<mrford> i eat them
<mrford> gosh
<jon> well, fluffeater
<Kat> oookay....

Quaxbi

Oct 1st 2014, 3:51:46

Originally posted by Trife:

Xinhuan Game profile

Oct 1st 2014, 4:47:26

Originally posted by Quaxbi:
Originally posted by Trife:

Exactly! Toilet ducks are cool as fluff!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXRcIuwKQq4

Edited By: Xinhuan on Oct 1st 2014, 4:49:34
See Original Post

VicRattlehead Game profile

Oct 1st 2014, 4:56:30

Hooray for ducks!

ericownsyou5 Game profile

Oct 1st 2014, 13:07:01

This may be the most 'fun' part about warring @ Xin. Love walling.

macmd Game profile

Oct 1st 2014, 13:40:12

You had a good run. Very nice! We mostly had you as an offline target, but finally pulled you because we didn't think it was worth it to just keep letting you rack up defends.

LittleItaly Game profile

Game Moderator
Alliance & FFA

Oct 1st 2014, 13:41:05

It's not like this country walled a rush or anything.
LittleItaly
SOL Vet
-Discord: LittleItaly#2905
-IRC: irc.scourge.se #sol
-Apply today @ http://sol.ghqnet.com for Alliance

iNouda Game profile

Oct 1st 2014, 13:42:20

Awwww yisss another dead Laffer.

Durin Game profile

Oct 1st 2014, 14:08:37

Originally posted by Xinhuan:
Well, I own 4 murloc (different colors) and a zergling/baneling transformable plushies!

starcraft 2 ftw i play to little of that theses days :(

crest23 Game profile

Oct 1st 2014, 16:04:06

Originally posted by LittleItaly:
It's not like this country walled a rush or anything.

Like I said,
Originally posted by crest23:
Self aggrandizing, much?
The Nigerian Nightmare.

Furious999 Game profile

Oct 1st 2014, 16:59:19

You don't seem to show up in the EESTATS top ten list.

Don Gollum has a handsome lead there. I was catching him at one point but have now sadly fallen back.

Oceana Game profile

Oct 1st 2014, 17:01:25

Nice Job !

Xinhuan Game profile

Oct 1st 2014, 17:14:52

Originally posted by macmd:
You had a good run. Very nice! We mostly had you as an offline target, but finally pulled you because we didn't think it was worth it to just keep letting you rack up defends.

The restart bonuses seem a bit.... I don't know whether it is balanced. Currently, you gain 20% + 0.06% per defend of your previous country for your next restart, so it takes 1250 defends to cap out at the 95% restart cap.

So the weird part is that while my country is dead, it effectively didn't do much. My restart has 95% of everything the original had, and due to the restart bonuses, it actually has more cash on hand on the restart than the dead country. So to kill any stockpile, I would have to be killed again. The restart also has 600 more acres than the dead one, because it is the last week of the reset.

It just feels... strange. Not just that, the new BR formula makes it so that I lost no CSes when I get BRed, the only CSes I lost was due to CMs, so something like 450 CS dropped to like 410 after some CMs, it pretty much only took 3 turns to rebuild all the farms destroyed in some 20 hits. I'm also uncertain whether the BR nerf was "too much", I still have a ridiculous 90+ BPT, and it'll only take 11 turns to build up all the empty acres, fully functional country even before 15 turns OOP.

On the other hand, killing off most of the population though, completely killed production of any kind, even if most of the farms were still standing, so there's that at least.

95% seems like a very high % to cap at, although it is normally very difficult to even reach that.

Personally, I don't know if the restart bonuses actually achieved the goal of prolonging wars, although it is perceived to have done so.

Xinhuan Game profile

Oct 1st 2014, 17:15:26

Originally posted by Furious999:
You don't seem to show up in the EESTATS top ten list.

Don Gollum has a handsome lead there. I was catching him at one point but have now sadly fallen back.

That list is "faulty". It only shows countries that are still alive.

VicRattlehead Game profile

Oct 1st 2014, 18:23:48

I bet the bonuses increase restart rate. I was floored when I restarted and had all that tech on hand, it made it pretty easy to be ready to rock again, made it less aggravating that my carefully crafted tyr tech died in between the time I got the alert and logged in.