Verified:

TAN Game profile

Sep 26th 2014, 16:35:40

FREEEEEDOM!!!

mrford Game profile

Sep 26th 2014, 17:05:59

"California Gov. Jerry Brown signed legislation on Thursday prohibiting state agencies from selling or displaying items bearing the Confederate flag."

state agencies. regardless, california is a fluffed up state anyways with its regulations and fluff. they arnt as free as the rest of us!

on a side note, i dont see the flag as a symbol of racism. i find it funny when those outside the south attribute it to racism when i, as a southerner, dont. but like in any group of people, there are the bad apples who are racist that fly that flag. to each their own though. labeling a flag because of a minority is just as bad as what you are accusing me of for flying the flag occasionally. A symbol only has power if you let it. I dont support slavery, i dont have cotton fields that need tending, i dont have my jim crow law book all southerners are issued at birth. i threw that away a long time ago.

im from the south, im proud to be from the south. I can admit that the south had some fluffed up ideals, along with the rest of the country, and held on to them for far too long. But imo that is the past. im not going to be ashamed of where i am from because of the past. I am aware of it, but i hold southern culture and family heritage above southern past prejudices as i can differentiate between the two. Im not ready to condemn an entire region because of mistakes from a long time ago that i wasnt even a part of. if you dont see it that way, im sorry, but the south isnt all slavery and racists. I like it here. Im going to fly the Navy Jack when i feel like it. I see it as the Rebel Flag, a flag of southern pride and heritage. ALL of it, not just slavery and racism. that is all you see it as, and that is sad. it makes me sad.

i always fly the stars and stripes, and sometimes ill add a rotation between a jolly roger, the Confederate Navy Jack, NC flag, or a Gadsden. And this is only on my boat or when im tailgating or camping. The american flag is always above all though. You use your symbols for whatever you want to use them for, and ill use mine.

Edited By: mrford on Sep 26th 2014, 17:26:06
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

mdevol Game profile

Sep 26th 2014, 17:21:29

Is this ban constitutional? Furthermore, it is only imposed upon state agencies. Citizens can still buy/sell/fly the flag all they want, as they should be able to.

Do I agree with what the confederation stood for? No. We all have the same rights and they should be protected just the same for everybody. Which is why this was not imposed upon the people, only state agencies.
Surely what a man does when he is caught off his guard is the best evidence as to what sort of man he is. - C.S. Lewis

GodHead Dibs Game profile

Sep 26th 2014, 17:24:11

pffft. California is facing a "mega-drought"... ain't going to be anybody left there to enforce the ban 10 years from now. they can feel free to pass any dang stupid liberal laws that they want to.
Dibs Ludicrous was here.

Akula Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 26th 2014, 17:33:02

+1 mrford, agreed

oppression, my arse ...
=============================
"Astra inclinant, sed non obligant"

SOL http://sol.ghqnet.com/
=============================

Atryn Game profile

Sep 26th 2014, 17:39:54

Yes, totally constitutional. The Governor has control over policies for State Agencies. In fact, he didn't need a "law" to do it. Obama could do the same for federal agencies with an executive order, he doesn't need Congress.

If it were a law on the use by private citizens, that would be on shaky constitutional grounds (well, not really shaky, it would simply be unconstitutional).

I assume there is some other reason they went the legislative route, probably political theater.

After the whole Scotland independence vote, there WILL be more movements worldwide for secession. There is a region in Spain already planning a referendum that the central government has declared illegal.

California has a very strong movement to split the state in half. I wouldn't be surprised if this is just one more way to discourage the "rebel" (to use mrford's language) movement.

Personally, I am hoping we see a revival of the movement for TX to secede. I'm fully supportive of them going away.

mrford Game profile

Sep 26th 2014, 17:41:21

lol like we would let that oil go!
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Trife Game profile

Sep 26th 2014, 18:13:41

it's like the swastika in the sense that the majority of people aren't going to view that as a taoist/hindu/buddhist symbol. most will view it as a symbol of rascism due to the nazi's. a bunch of jackasses ruined an old symbol that was used to represent eternity, the element of earth, or vishnu.

instead of alot of folks seeing the confederate flag as a symbol of southern pride/heritage, most will see it as a racist symbol? why? because a bunch of jackasses ruined the symbol by having it serve as 'a potent symbol of slavery and white supremacy, which has caused it to be very popular among white supremacists in the 20th and 21st centuries'

don't get me wrong, if you fly it for southern pride/heritage, go for it, more power to you. i think the context of the flag is very important. but just realize that i think a good number of people will see the confederate flag as being racist, and you should understand why they might be irked. don't be upset at the people who might consider it racist, be irked by the racist jackasses who used it as symbol of hatred/racist and caused folks to start seeing it in a negative light.

my solution? instead of flying the confederate flag for southern pride/heritage, why not fly this one?

http://myimages.bravenet.com/.../1stxNationalx13xStar.png

displays your pride/heritage without having people think you're a racist/white surpremist. win/win!

mrford Game profile

Sep 26th 2014, 18:20:51

Because that isn't the rebel flag. The rebel flag that southern military units have flown in WWII. The rebel flag that we are proud of. Notice I don't call it the Confederate flag. You all have empowered that one flag with the racism connotations, not me.

You want me to fly some other flag that has no meaning to me because the one I like offends you or reminds you of a time our country isn't proud of? Lol no thanks. You don't seem to understand the sole reason I fly it if that is your suggested solution.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Azz Kikr Game profile

Wiki Mod

Sep 26th 2014, 18:35:24

to be fair ford, some southern states have done a pretty bang-up job of associating the rebel/confederate flag with racism :P

Trife Game profile

Sep 26th 2014, 18:37:37

it was just a suggestion, you're welcome to fly whatever flags you want to fly fordy, that's your first amendment right.

but it's other folk's 1st amendment right to associate said flag to racist groups, whether right or wrong.

i merely presented a solution that i think would've resolved some of the issues around the rebel flag, if you dont think it'd a good idea you don't need to :)

fly whichever flag you want bruh, that's what MURICA is all about!

Edited By: Trife on Sep 26th 2014, 18:40:56

mrford Game profile

Sep 26th 2014, 18:39:54

Originally posted by Azz Kikr:
to be fair ford, some southern states have done a pretty bang-up job of associating the rebel/confederate flag with racism :P

And I understand that, but their actions don't change the meaning of the flag to me. You allowing it to change your view of the flag is letting the turrists win!

There are dozens of flags that were used by the south during that time. You all don't object or probably even recognize any of them except the Navy Jack. It is a sad reality that sensationalism and a few bad apples are being allowed to destroy the freedom of expression around here.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

mrford Game profile

Sep 26th 2014, 18:41:42

Originally posted by Trife:
it was just a suggestion, you're welcome to fly whatever flags you want to fly fordy, that's your first amendment right.

but it's other folk's 1st amendment right to associate said flag to racist groups, whether right or wrong.

i merely presented a solution that i think would've resolved some of the issues around the rebel flag, if you dont think it'd a good idea you don't need to :)

fly whichever flag you want bruh

I agree, however there is a difference in the 1st ammendment right to associate with racism, and passing legislation banning expression because of perceived racism.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Trife Game profile

Sep 26th 2014, 18:47:34

Originally posted by mrford:
and passing legislation banning expression because of perceived racism.

the government has not infringed at all upon your rights as a citizen to fly whatever flag you'd like, regardless of potential racist connotations.

if they do infringe upon your first amendment rights, let me know and i'll be there fighting with you for your right to display it, and i'm sure the ACLU would be as well.

Trife Game profile

Sep 26th 2014, 18:49:28

oh, and i need to give props to TAN for such a wonderful troll subject and title :P i wish i could come close to the level of trolliness he displayed in the OP

mrford Game profile

Sep 26th 2014, 18:54:49

I didn't say my rights had been infringed upon, I was simply pointing something out.

Apparently it isn't kosher for government agencies in California to fly the rebel flag anymore, because it is a racist flag. A government official making a statment like that in my opinion is worse than my flying my flag on my boat. That is judgmental as fluff. They might as well ban every single confederate used flag then right? No. It is simply because of California and their tendency to rule their subjects with an iron fist.

Do you southern haters object to states that issue Sons of Confederate Soldiers vanity license plates? They have the square confederate Battle Flag incorporated into their symbol people proud of their ancestors are all racists as well right?

Swagger of a Chupacabra

Trife Game profile

Sep 26th 2014, 19:05:38

i can't answer that since i'm not a southern hater

perhaps one will come by and can answer it for you

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 26th 2014, 19:16:48

Crapafornia being Crapafornia, doesn't surprise me one bit, the flag doesn't bother me, hell I've seen black men flying that flag for crying out loud, all it is is libtards implementing more legislation and flexing their big government muscles, they don't care about your feelings, they use them to keep expanding and taking more and more of our liberties, it's liberalism 101.
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Atryn Game profile

Sep 26th 2014, 20:03:46

Apparently it isn't kosher for government agencies in California to fly the rebel flag anymore, because it is a racist flag. A government official making a statment like that in my opinion is worse than my flying my flag on my boat. That is judgmental as fluff. They might as well ban every single confederate used flag then right? No. It is simply because of California and their tendency to rule their subjects with an iron fist.

Do you southern haters object to states that issue Sons of Confederate Soldiers vanity license plates? They have the square confederate Battle Flag incorporated into their symbol people proud of their ancestors are all racists as well right?

The article quoted "a government official" who "said that" but the legislation passed 66-1 and was also signed by the governor. All 67 of those people were officials elected by and representing the public in that entire state.

I grew up and still live in Georgia and I think anyone dumb enough to use the Confederate Battle Flag gets whatever they deserve in perception.

As for using the term "Confederate", the Confederacy kinda started that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/...ederate_States_of_America

And its associate with racism is throughout history since the CSA, not just during the Civil War.

"In Georgia the Confederate battle flag was reintroduced in 1956, just two years after the Supreme Court decision Brown v Board of Education. It was considered by many to be a protest against school desegregation.[31] It was also raised at the University of Mississippi (Ole Miss) during protests against integration of schools."

mrford Game profile

Sep 26th 2014, 20:30:57

it is funny that you are preaching more hatred than me and you are the one against the flag.

you have your meanings and viewpoint, i have mine. you ave your associations with racism, i have mine with southern and military pride along with rebelliousness. that's america jack. we are allowed to do that, the whole having different viewpoints thing. the best part about all of this is if you all stopped associating it with racism, and ignore all the racists groups, the symbol would lose its power in that connotation. you are ironically standing in your own way. focusing on the negatives of the flag, instead of the heritage, and the units that used it in WWII. You go straight to racist. kinda like a racist person would no? rush to judgment?

Edited By: mrford on Sep 26th 2014, 20:43:01
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Atryn Game profile

Sep 26th 2014, 21:38:31

LOL... you get so personal so fast.

I never said I associated it with racism. I referred to perception.

I think anyone who doesn't consider the consequences of their actions or how those actions will be perceived and then complains about the result to have done something "dumb". That statement is broader than this Confederate Flag discussion. I could say the same thing about a guy who hangs around a park giving candy out to little kids. His intent doesn't matter as much as the public perception of his actions - and yes, I'd call him "dumb" for doing so, regardless of what he "felt he meant" by his actions.

The quote above about racism was from wikipedia. I didn't write the entry so they aren't "my associations".

My only "judgement" of you is that if you expect the world to honor your view and are then upset about what their real perceptions are when the evidence of public perception is staring you in the face, then you are being dumb. ;)

TAN Game profile

Sep 26th 2014, 21:51:54

Originally posted by Atryn:

My only "judgement" of you is that if you expect the world to honor your view and are then upset about what their real perceptions are when the evidence of public perception is staring you in the face, then you are being dumb. ;)

oh snap SHOTS FIRED (hands up, don't shoot)!!

FREEEEEDOM!!!

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Sep 26th 2014, 21:55:41

abortions for some; miniature confederate flags for others
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

Sep 26th 2014, 22:04:11

meh, one of these days, I'll quit respecting the rights of gay liberal assturds the ability to speak their minds and demand that they engage in procreative sex instead of their usual act of assisted masturbation. then, i would state lookie here you narcissistic individuals who simply enjoy getting off, why can't y'all juzt go fluff a duck? why do you deserve extra rights simply because you need assisted masturbation just to get the heck off?
Dibs Ludicrous was here.

mrford Game profile

Sep 26th 2014, 22:20:13

I think anyone who doesn't consider the consequences of their actions or how those actions will be perceived and then complains about the result to have done something "dumb". That statement is broader than this Confederate Flag discussion. I could say the same thing about a guy who hangs around a park giving candy out to little kids. His intent doesn't matter as much as the public perception of his actions - and yes, I'd call him "dumb" for doing so, regardless of what he "felt he meant" by his actions.

The quote above about racism was from wikipedia. I didn't write the entry so they aren't "my associations".

Ah, so battling ignorance is dumb. Trying to change "public perception" is pointless. Trying to take back a prideful symbol that was ruined in the opposition civil rights movement by tatds isnt even worth it. We need to all conform out of fear of being judged! Clearly these are the acts of the "dumb"

Solid lesson you just taught me. I shall apply it to everyday life immediately!
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Sep 26th 2014, 22:25:22

Ah, so battling ignorance is dumb. Trying to change "public perception" is pointless. Trying to take back a prideful symbol that was ruined in the opposition civil rights movement by tatds isnt even worth it. We need to all conform out of fear of being judged! Clearly these are the acts of the "dumb"

bah. they won't ever understand that they are responsible for controlling their own emotions. they'll always flip out and blame it on somebody else using verbal dialog that just plain pissed them off.
Dibs Ludicrous was here.

TAN Game profile

Sep 26th 2014, 22:50:55

Who is "they"?
FREEEEEDOM!!!

Heston Game profile

Sep 27th 2014, 2:47:44

Cali banned it because it is offensive enouth that it would lead to violence. From my prospective the confederate flag, french or english flag should not be flown on any government buildings in the usa. In fact one should be careful what flags to display. It not a freedom of speech issue, its a respect and honor issue that is TAKEN with force.

US Veteran Cuts Down Mexican and American Flags w…: http://youtu.be/f3HVaC_czx4

For every action, there is a reaction. The only law the vet broke was stealing the american flag.
❤️️Nothing but❤️️💯❤️️❤️️🌺🌸🌹❤️❤️💯

TAN Game profile

Sep 27th 2014, 2:52:34

Did Heston just disagree with ford? wtf?
FREEEEEDOM!!!

mrford Game profile

Sep 27th 2014, 3:14:10

I don't think we were arguing the same point. I don't think governments should fly any flag but their own. This is different than military units having a unit battle flag.

My point was on the stigma surrounding the flag.

Edited By: mrford on Sep 27th 2014, 3:16:30
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Heston Game profile

Sep 27th 2014, 3:17:34

Btw.. i fly my flag union down.

flgatorboy89 Game profile

Sep 27th 2014, 3:30:06

Having a confederate soldier and its flag tattooed on me, I vsee no racism in it.....I see southern brothers and fathers fighting on there land for their rights at the time
Jon
ZT, SoL

<jon> off to bed fluffbeater :p
<mrford> i dont beat fluffs
<mrford> i eat them
<mrford> gosh
<jon> well, fluffeater
<Kat> oookay....

Atryn Game profile

Sep 27th 2014, 4:02:26

Originally posted by flgatorboy89:
Having a confederate soldier and its flag tattooed on me, I vsee no racism in it.....I see southern brothers and fathers fighting on there land for their rights at the time

which rights would those have been?

Atryn Game profile

Sep 27th 2014, 4:06:16

I'm sure you flying the flag on your boat is "battling ignorance". Just like the guys who fly it out of the back of their oversized pickup trucks. Rebel Yell!

I know Germans who are "proud of their heritage", that doesn't mean they fly the Nazi flag.

Godwin'd!

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 27th 2014, 4:18:01

Really, you compare Nazis to confederates?, you are flufftarded, sir!
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

Heston Game profile

Sep 27th 2014, 4:27:53

Slavery and extermination/world domination are pretty much the same fluffin thing. You would have to kill me....

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 27th 2014, 4:33:56

/facepalm
(•_•)

mrford Game profile

Sep 27th 2014, 4:38:20

I'm sure you flying the flag on your boat is "battling ignorance". Just like the guys who fly it out of the back of their oversized pickup trucks. Rebel Yell!

I know Germans who are "proud of their heritage", that doesn't mean they fly the Nazi flag.

Godwin'd!

Bro, why you keep drinkin that hatoraide?

You say that me complaining about or trying to change the perception is dumb, then when I say I try to combat ignorance, like yours, you belittle it to me flying my flag on my boat and make a stereotype about jacked up trucks. Do you see the hypocrisy here?

Come on man, you are better than that. If you gon hate, hate with mad skillz or style. Boring.

Edited By: mrford on Sep 27th 2014, 4:44:42
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Heston Game profile

Sep 27th 2014, 5:09:08

Originally posted by KoHeartsGPA:
hell I've seen black men flying that flag for crying out loud.

I seen clauton bigsby also, funny fluff
http://youtu.be/FqUA-vRcwRM

mdevol Game profile

Sep 27th 2014, 5:22:09

Fun Fact: The first legally owned slave in America was a black man owned by a black man.

That is all.
Surely what a man does when he is caught off his guard is the best evidence as to what sort of man he is. - C.S. Lewis

Heston Game profile

Sep 27th 2014, 5:36:14

Originally posted by flgatorboy89:

which rights would those have been?

The ability to have humans as property and treat them like livestock. Some other fluff too, but mainly that. You could get a nambla or isis tattoo with that logic. Maybe one of jihad john.... lol. you could wow people with how deep that is when someone asks.
Im fluffing dizzy now.

Garry Owen Game profile

Sep 29th 2014, 3:26:24

Well I am also a proud southerner who understands the actual history. Which indeed featured hardscrabble southerns who fought for freedom for themselves to govern their state as they saw fit without interference from a bunch of yankees who were intent on profit and that hurt the south then tough luck. And was also started by a cabal of wealthy men whose wealth and status was tied to chattel slavery, which was threatened by Abe Lincoln and that pesky new republican party.

I have also re-enacted to 'fight' under several of the southern flags as a means of honoring the men who fought the real war so long ago. While spending many years of my military service in the Army of Northern Occupation (have you ever notice how many Army bases are in the old south?) in the service of the federal flag.

So while I am proud of my southern heritage and honor the memory of men who fought well and honorably on both sides of that war, I am afraid that the Confederate Battle Flag was hijacked long ago by the most dishonorable people of the south. The cloud of racism, hatred and lawlessness that has been perpetrated under that flag for the past 100 years has forever stained it. No matter what ideals of history, honor or heritage that the person displaying the flag has in mind, the immediate and almost universal connotation is of the racism of more recent times.

So I do not fly or display the battle flag. When I have the need or desire to show pride in my heritage I fly a First National flag. That speaks of the heritage, without the racism.

mrford Game profile

Sep 29th 2014, 10:03:57

you let the turrists win. communist!
Swagger of a Chupacabra

melvin85 Game profile

Sep 29th 2014, 10:09:46

for

Trife Game profile

Sep 29th 2014, 15:09:55

Originally posted by Garry Owen:
When I have the need or desire to show pride in my heritage I fly a First National flag. That speaks of the heritage, without the racism.

what a sensible and reasonable idea!

Atryn Game profile

Sep 29th 2014, 19:29:49

+1 GO, well said.

macmd Game profile

Sep 30th 2014, 0:05:30

Political theater like this is ridiculous. We should all remember this as the day that California moved past its deep Confederate roots by banning replica confederate money from being sold in the gift shop, unless it is for historical or educational purposes. (I didn't think it had the confederate flag on it...is that not the case?)

Oct 1st 2014, 18:45:48

Originally posted by TAN:
Who is "they"?

they be the people who feel the need to hide behind a censor because they experience extreme difficulties with experiencing reality. think most of them have their faith misplaced in some kind of messiah popping up out of the ground, or falling out of the sky just to save their sorry worthless offended asses.
Dibs Ludicrous was here.