Verified:

ExTeeSea Game profile

Sep 14th 2014, 9:59:41

still kinda new here, is it possible that someone here would be kinda enough to take the time out of their day to tell me what this war is about ?

Furious999 Game profile

Sep 14th 2014, 10:56:04

Wars offer the opportunity for clanmates to co-operate together so as to kill off countries in the enemy clan. Some players enjoy building up a country so that it's economy functions very well (netgaining), success at that aspect of the game is measured by how high the player's country sits in the scores list at the end of the set. Other players enjoy the co-operative aspects of warring and success at that aspect of the game is measured by how many kills a clan achieves and by how active each member is.

The way to pursue either netgaining or warring is to join one of the major clans.

XiQter

Sep 14th 2014, 11:05:00

I dont think you would get a good answer from anyone playing atm, everyone has their perspective of things.

MD vs Laf and SoF goes back to a event where several of the established alliances had their site compromised by a player called Turtlecrawler who was then playing in LaF, he also was able to enter the gamecode via some agreement with Pangeaa about server, I dont know the details about that. Anyway, MD was in charge of the bandwagon who wanted LaF and LaF leadership in particular to take the fall for what LaF argued was a isolated players shinanigans. MD and SoF who were then allies disagreed on how to best deal with the situation. A list of demands was made public endorsed by the "anti-cheat" block, SoF did not support this. It created a schism that up til today still govern alot of the server politics indirectly. Wars were fought and it became a matter of endurance, LaF proved again that they were very able to war when needed and with SoF backing them they were able to turn the battle around and recovered. With the help of SoF and RD and to some extent rival they ran a very hard pacting policy that forced several alliances to be repeatedly crushed in wars that was ment to deter other alliances from standing up against the Laf,rd,sof,rival block. LaF took a passive role quite early and only entered wars to bail out SoF prettymuch (this is probably something the other side will tell differently). RD and SoF, the two alliances who historicly stood furthest away from each other now seemed like bff, this alone pissed off alot of people. They continued their "regin of terror" on the alliances of the losing block with LaFs silent approval. This is where I'm not sure exactly what took place but RD and LaF had a fallout, they became less and less friendly and LaF moved more and more towards neutral. (although they always still seemed to pick the SoF RD side when time came to choose). They were very successful with this until a few sets back RD had another cheating incident that lead to the alliance disbanding (to be blunt they got deleted by the administrators of the game). After this things looked very different for the up to that day so strong block. What you are seeing now is the aftermath.

MD vs RD goes waaaaay back to the old e2025 days

Untagged Hunter

Sep 14th 2014, 13:47:53

in conclusion, LAF/SOF needs RD to survive

bonus!

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Sep 14th 2014, 16:54:37

It might be easier to go back and read the past 419 pages of threads ...for this forum ;)

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

locket Game profile

Sep 14th 2014, 18:53:29

Originally posted by XiQter:
I dont think you would get a good answer from anyone playing atm, everyone has their perspective of things.

MD vs Laf and SoF goes back to a event where several of the established alliances had their site compromised by a player called Turtlecrawler who was then playing in LaF, he also was able to enter the gamecode via some agreement with Pangeaa about server, I dont know the details about that. Anyway, MD was in charge of the bandwagon who wanted LaF and LaF leadership in particular to take the fall for what LaF argued was a isolated players shinanigans. MD and SoF who were then allies disagreed on how to best deal with the situation. A list of demands was made public endorsed by the "anti-cheat" block, SoF did not support this. It created a schism that up til today still govern alot of the server politics indirectly. Wars were fought and it became a matter of endurance, LaF proved again that they were very able to war when needed and with SoF backing them they were able to turn the battle around and recovered. With the help of SoF and RD and to some extent rival they ran a very hard pacting policy that forced several alliances to be repeatedly crushed in wars that was ment to deter other alliances from standing up against the Laf,rd,sof,rival block. LaF took a passive role quite early and only entered wars to bail out SoF prettymuch (this is probably something the other side will tell differently). RD and SoF, the two alliances who historicly stood furthest away from each other now seemed like bff, this alone pissed off alot of people. They continued their "regin of terror" on the alliances of the losing block with LaFs silent approval. This is where I'm not sure exactly what took place but RD and LaF had a fallout, they became less and less friendly and LaF moved more and more towards neutral. (although they always still seemed to pick the SoF RD side when time came to choose). They were very successful with this until a few sets back RD had another cheating incident that lead to the alliance disbanding (to be blunt they got deleted by the administrators of the game). After this things looked very different for the up to that day so strong block. What you are seeing now is the aftermath.

Laf pacted in ways to get RD fluffed basically. Laf didn't help RD in wars. Laf expected RD to help them in their wars. Laf actively tried to get RD killed at least once or twice... yep. I could go on but that is the very basic version. It was interesting seeing those logs. Laf were literally the worst allies I ever saw.

Syko_Killa Game profile

Sep 14th 2014, 19:21:56

Originally posted by locket:
Originally posted by XiQter:

Laf pacted in ways to get RD fluffed basically. Laf didn't help RD in wars. Laf expected RD to help them in their wars. Laf actively tried to get RD killed at least once or twice... yep. I could go on but that is the very basic version. It was interesting seeing those logs. Laf were literally the worst allies I ever saw.

I am playing in Laf this set, I will say that it is a different LaF than what it used to be. Locket is right though, both LaF and SoF are guilty of using RD to watch it's flank than threw them under the bus for the whole scandal that involved 2 people. I enjoyed my time in RD more than any other clan i've played in, I had lot's of fun with that group.
Do as I say, not as I do.

locket Game profile

Sep 14th 2014, 20:55:50

Well Ingle is a very different person than Eugene so that doesnt surprise me. Laf was different with both Hanlong and especially Son Goku too.

Furious999 Game profile

Sep 14th 2014, 21:34:44

Living in the past is dull.

The future beckons. :)

GodHead Dibs Game profile

Sep 15th 2014, 17:03:33

Originally posted by ExTeeSea:
still kinda new here, is it possible that someone here would be kinda enough to take the time out of their day to tell me what this war is about ?

war is what the leaders use to make sure that their minions are still alive and capable of following simple orders.
Dibs Ludicrous was here.

Hawkster Game profile

Sep 15th 2014, 17:33:08

I really could not answer this question, it is a freaking game for crying out loud. Either play it and have fun .. or .. if you dont have fun and are hating other players, I would think it is time to move onto a new game.

iNouda Game profile

Sep 15th 2014, 20:30:41

DEATH TO NETTERS!

ericownsyou5 Game profile

Sep 15th 2014, 22:03:59

I agree with locket and syko, except I would like to add that SoF never threw RD under the bus, only Eug, SS and some other heads in LaF.

Which ties into Candy suiciding on Neo's top country to some extent. Leading Neo to switch from a neutral party into MD's block, through the good people at EVO.

Interesting game, really.

macmd Game profile

Sep 15th 2014, 22:41:31

can't tell if this thread is just straight trolling.

mdevol Game profile

Sep 15th 2014, 23:13:42

Originally posted by ericownsyou5:
I agree with locket and syko, except I would like to add that SoF never threw RD under the bus.

This is correct. SoF never threw RD under the bus, in fact SoF welcomed them into SoF and some of the colors took them up on that offer.

Why would LaF not? RD was activly conspiring to dethrone the LaF leadership, as evidenced by the snippits of logs we got to see before the colors in charge wiped their site clean so no more would be exposed.

Unfortunately for them, there were people that talked and they had an internal power struggle and threw each other under the bus more than LaF or SoF did...

As for the current war, it is the fallout of a long abused reign of power by SoF and company and the rest of the server finally got on the same page to rise up and do something about it. That pretty much sums it up.

The rest of the banter is mostly just political posturing that SoF has routinely dominated for years until recently they have lost that edge as well as the edge they had in war prep and war activity and strategy. The rest of the server has caught up and some have passed them.

I think that sums it up.
Surely what a man does when he is caught off his guard is the best evidence as to what sort of man he is. - C.S. Lewis

Sep 16th 2014, 0:19:19

^^^ what you saw in those logs was after SEVERAL tumultuous resets and a lot of BS.

We didn't really have issues until Eug took the reigns, pacted MD and tried to leave us high and dry. The fallout after that is what you saw in the logs.

You're phrasing it backwards like people were conspiring to take down LaF prior, which was not the case.

I agree with the rest of your post ;)

mdevol Game profile

Sep 16th 2014, 1:59:31

The differences we see are that I saw eugene trying to keep LaF out of the server wars because he knew his player base was notvone to war set after set after set like RD and SoF were and he wanted to avoid what LaF is in the middle of currently. It wasnt as much a backhanded move to RD as it was a move to preserve LaF and quite frankly, SoF was closer to LaF than RD was...that coupled with the bitterness between the 2 clans allowed the wedge to easily be driven in by those that wanted it there.

The RD side will see it as eug leaving them hung out to dry,even SoF went as far as to say that when they found out LaF had pacted MD. I see it as Eugene doing what was best for LaF's future and for the game's.

I could be wrong though, he xould have just hated RD that much he was tryig to fluff them over all he could
Surely what a man does when he is caught off his guard is the best evidence as to what sort of man he is. - C.S. Lewis

Sep 16th 2014, 4:47:09

Originally posted by mdevol:
The differences we see are that I saw eugene trying to keep LaF out of the server wars because he knew his player base was notvone to war set after set after set like RD and SoF were and he wanted to avoid what LaF is in the middle of currently. It wasnt as much a backhanded move to RD as it was a move to preserve LaF and quite frankly, SoF was closer to LaF than RD was...that coupled with the bitterness between the 2 clans allowed the wedge to easily be driven in by those that wanted it there.

The RD side will see it as eug leaving them hung out to dry,even SoF went as far as to say that when they found out LaF had pacted MD. I see it as Eugene doing what was best for LaF's future and for the game's.

I could be wrong though, he xould have just hated RD that much he was tryig to fluff them over all he could

It's interesting seeing both sides, for sure. You definitely could be right, we just saw it differently.

BILL_DANGER Game profile

Sep 16th 2014, 7:47:24

IN CONCLUSION:

THUNDER!
THUNDER!
THUNDERHORSE!!!!

En4cer Game profile

Sep 16th 2014, 10:07:07

Bonus

iNouda Game profile

Sep 16th 2014, 11:41:21

Originally posted by BILL_DANGER:
IN CONCLUSION:

THUNDER!
THUNDER!
THUNDERHORSE!!!!

You seem to have logged in from the wrong account.

crest23 Game profile

Sep 16th 2014, 12:21:07

Nabbed!
The Nigerian Nightmare.

BILL_DANGER Game profile

Sep 16th 2014, 14:30:30

Originally posted by iNouda:
Originally posted by BILL_DANGER:
IN CONCLUSION:

THUNDER!
THUNDER!
THUNDERHORSE!!!!

You seem to have logged in from the wrong account.

OR I'M JUST MESSING WITH YOU. :)

..OR.. I AM THUNDERHORSE, BUT AM NOW TRYING TO DISTRACT YOU FROM THAT BY PRETENDING THAT I'M MESSING WITH YOU..

ONLY THE REAL THUNDERHORSE AND I KNOW THE TRUTH. MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA

HA!
BILL
SPINNER OF CRANIUMS

Lightening Horse

Sep 16th 2014, 14:49:40

Nope, no thunderhorse here , nub!

JOE DANGER

Sep 16th 2014, 15:32:22

THUNDER THUNDER THUNDERHORSE!!

locket Game profile

Sep 17th 2014, 2:51:48

Originally posted by mdevol:

Except you forget and did not see a majority of Laf actively trying to fluff us so... yah. Just going to say that Laf was not just trying to preserve themselves.

Boltar Game profile

Sep 17th 2014, 2:54:45

i say bring back Reigndeerz or LaF means nothing to me

TAN Game profile

Sep 17th 2014, 3:36:18

Paradigm has had beef with LaF and SoF since way before the Turtlecrawler incident. I don't know about the other alliances' reasonings to be honest, but Paradigm has always been treated like crap by LaF and SoF since almost the beginning of EE (not E2025). We've warred both alliances many times since then and only recently I'm told have relations with SoF and LaF improved somewhat.

From the perspective of the alliances' who began the war (MD, SOL, EVO, PDM), it's about finally overturning the status quo. LaF and SoF have pretty much been dictating what happens on the server because their large alliance sizes and strong player base.

I'd like to say my "side" is winning, but we should all be honest with ourselves. There are no winners in this war. We're all losers. By that, I mean this war will probably drag on multiple sets. Most of us are netting alliances and get war burnout. SoF and SOL are really the only alliances in this war (maybe Rage too) that don't mind warring set after set. So to make our point, this server war might continue for months. For SoF, this will be fun, and they won't mind. For LaF, it could get grinding, but they stick to their guns and are renowned to bring more vets back to fight, and thus expand even larger than before.

So basically almost everyone is going to have a few more ruined sets, especially if SoF and LaF gun after MD in retribution (because MD's allies will by principle defend them, even if they'd prefer not to).

Although I agree that this war was necessary in order to disrupt SoF/LaF dominance (with Rage filling in as RD's role as a satellite state since their departure), I'm not sure much will change without prolonged multi-set wars or an attitude shift by LaF and SoF.

DISCLAIMER: I just recently unretired and am not 100% caught up to speed with the politics. So this is someone's take who has had a history with fighting LaF and SoF, but is not sure what has happened in the last year or so.
FREEEEEDOM!!!

h3x Game profile

Sep 17th 2014, 3:47:58

VicRattlehead Game profile

Sep 17th 2014, 3:52:21

I remember that pdm was a netting tag with a decent size, until sof decided to give them a thorough rogering every set for a while, 3/4 of their players left and they turned into a half assed war tag. That was really fluffty.

TAN Game profile

Sep 17th 2014, 3:54:51

I also want to add one more thing. I don't "hate" LaF or SoF. I hate how they play sometimes. I hate how I used to get bullied. I hate how I was treated as their plaything. I come back to this game with a lot of animosity and then learned that those were bygone days, and I am reconciling that. Given that, I don't see the point in continuing this war. We, I am told, have had good relations with SoF (and improved relations with LaF) recently. I don't want to start all over again with the bad blood, but I also realize that if it's not us getting bullied, then maybe someone else is getting bullied in our stead. And I'm not sure I can accept that. I only hope that LaF and SoF realize that things can't continue as they are, and we can all sit down and talk and end this war. I hope that we can find a way to move forward so that there ARE no dominant cabals running things on this server. I don't want MD/SOL/PDM/EVO running things. I don't want LaF/SoF/RAGE running things. I wish for the older days when alliances had a reason to fight rather than server dominant authorities regulating gameplay, necessitating a "rebellion" of sorts from disgruntled alliances.

Although I'm by no means the oldest player here, I feel like a dinosaur when yearning for the old days because it seems no one else does. I just wish things were different and we could drop the east vs. west divide. I've wished this for so long that I feel like a fool for it.
FREEEEEDOM!!!

VicRattlehead Game profile

Sep 17th 2014, 4:02:16

Eh, things were only different in the old days because after RoCKfamily got pwned and SoF formed, it took too many disparate personalities working together to dominate the server. More players = more tags = harder to dictate terms.

hplar29 Game profile

Sep 17th 2014, 4:03:37

boltar sof

Syko_Killa Game profile

Sep 17th 2014, 4:12:23

TAN I yearn for the old days too, but those days are gone, those characters just a memory, we are all that's left. we are stuck at around 500 players. Get used to it. Everyone wants to play games that have visual graphics. Those spoiled little brats.
Do as I say, not as I do.

Alin Game profile

Sep 17th 2014, 7:47:29

SoF and SOL are really the only alliances in this war (maybe Rage too) that don't mind warring set after set

Wikipedia:

The Moral Decay alliance started to play in the alliance server for the first time in reset ending in November 1998. The alliance was formed by several MUD players from the popular Moral Decay MUD Official site. Early in MDs life they rose to the top by excellent war performance.

Moral Decay traditionally favors war over netgaining.

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Sep 17th 2014, 8:43:06

Originally posted by Alin:
SoF and SOL are really the only alliances in this war (maybe Rage too) that don't mind warring set after set

Wikipedia:

The Moral Decay alliance started to play in the alliance server for the first time in reset ending in November 1998. The alliance was formed by several MUD players from the popular Moral Decay MUD Official site. Early in MDs life they rose to the top by excellent war performance.

Nouda is going sooo mad! He is dirty netter!

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

Suicidal Game profile

Sep 17th 2014, 13:35:36

This war is good, m'kay ~bonus~

MauricXe Game profile

Sep 17th 2014, 14:08:01

Wikipedia:

what does that say about MD of today? you might be right but your basis for belief is weak.

Alin Game profile

Sep 17th 2014, 14:41:18

MD of today is loaded with "sharp" warriors that occasionally net.

They were forced to become that...

TAN Game profile

Sep 17th 2014, 17:34:36

I don't know which MD you're in Alin, but as long as I've been running PDM, we've been FDPs with MD. And MD almost always tried to avoid war. PDM is a netting alliance, and we've warred more than MD has.

But if you're insinuating that MD wouldn't mind, along with SoF and SOL, to keep warring, then that's interesting and I didn't know that.
FREEEEEDOM!!!

Makolyte Game profile

Sep 18th 2014, 3:04:02

To answer the topic, because you're a doo doo head.
--------------------------------------------
Alliance: VP of Death Knights
FFA: XI warrior
--------------------------------------------

DStone Rocks Game profile

Sep 18th 2014, 3:33:45

what war?

iNouda Game profile

Sep 18th 2014, 10:22:04

Originally posted by galleri:

Wikipedia:

Nouda is going sooo mad! He is dirty netter!

If I was a dirty netter I wouldn't have stayed with iMag from 2006 until 2013 :P Oh and, DEATH TO NETTERS! Oh wai...

maverickmd Game profile

Sep 18th 2014, 19:42:34

There is a fundamental difference between excelling at war and being war mongers. MD has always taken a balanced approach to player development. We believe that sound understanding of the game (via netting) can be applied to developing sound war countries. Better players make better warriors basically. Variety is the spice of life and keeps things interesting as well.

The biggest difference is that MD is not seeking to control the server or have one block win or lose. MD is always willing to pact small alliances, and support/cultivate their success on the alliance server. We don't farm them, we treat them with respect. We try our best to be fair and rational to all alliances. I am sure there is some grey area to debate about everything, but at the end of the day that is what we are about. Fairness on the server and balance. Not cheating and not irrational war mongering.

major Game profile

Sep 19th 2014, 0:20:59

locket Game profile

Sep 19th 2014, 0:52:26

Originally posted by maverickmd:
There is a fundamental difference between excelling at war and being war mongers. MD has always taken a balanced approach to player development. We believe that sound understanding of the game (via netting) can be applied to developing sound war countries. Better players make better warriors basically. Variety is the spice of life and keeps things interesting as well.

The biggest difference is that MD is not seeking to control the server or have one block win or lose. MD is always willing to pact small alliances, and support/cultivate their success on the alliance server. We don't farm them, we treat them with respect. We try our best to be fair and rational to all alliances. I am sure there is some grey area to debate about everything, but at the end of the day that is what we are about. Fairness on the server and balance. Not cheating and not irrational war mongering.

... hahahahahahahahahahahahahah

Give me more humor!

Boltar Game profile

Sep 19th 2014, 2:31:11

Originally posted by hplar29:
boltar sof

havent been for over a year. whomever u are

Alin Game profile

Sep 19th 2014, 5:06:54

Give me more humor!

"said the defender of Hanlong, RD & other questionable players/group of players"

locket Game profile

Sep 19th 2014, 5:52:05

Give me more humor!

"said the defender of Hanlong, RD & other questionable players/group of players"

Where do I defend Hanlong or other people that actually cheated? I say that Laf was different under him and it was. It was better than under Eugene. At least it stood by its allies then.

Do I defend the majority of RD in the last year? Yep. What Copper did was fluff but most people weren't doing it.

You have defended cheaters in the past also. How is that going?

Oh and why do you ever bother matching wits with anyone when you never win? Or does constantly being wrong not bother you like it never bothered Dagga?

Alin Game profile

Sep 19th 2014, 6:12:33

lol - now you give me humor.

I never defended a "questionable player" with knowledge about his actions. I never played in an alliance with questionable leaders. Never win? - I don`t think the side i was in lost to many wars in the last 12-18 months.

Where do I defend Hanlong or other people that actually cheated? I say that Laf was different under him and it was. It was better than under Eugene. At least it stood by its allies then.

Laughable really. You fail to see beyond the games politics - Eugene DID not used ill gain advantages, and did not had the mentality of "wining at all costs". Of course Hanlong stood by RD and Sov ... Birds of a feather flock together ...

You can`t compare Hanlong with Eugene or any other alliance leader here. Because those birds don`t fly together. But you will always fail to see that, and you can`t make the difference btw cheaters and non cheaters, but you only sort them politically and by how they served your interest.

Edited By: Alin on Sep 19th 2014, 6:19:46