Verified:

LATC Game profile

Sep 12th 2014, 20:48:54

EE already has mibbit/IRC channels setup for each server, why not embed each server's chat into the game? Like add an iframe for primary chat at the bottom when you're in your primary country. It'll help new players learn the game easier and promote more social interactions - which will hopefully lead to retention and growth of players. Plus with the recent change in logout bonus it is the next logical step.

It's a really simple addition that could go a long way.

Edited By: LATC on Sep 12th 2014, 23:12:26
Originally posted by Xinhuan:
Are you guys stupid or what?

blid

EE Patron

Sep 12th 2014, 20:58:44

This is Good IDea
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

LATC Game profile

Sep 12th 2014, 21:16:01

And it's a quick addition.

blid

EE Patron

Sep 12th 2014, 21:27:51

I've never used the Express IRC channel for anything before but I'm just imagining if there was a link for it in game that made a chat pane come up and take the bottom 25% of your screen, how incredibly active that room would be. Ppl are always hanging around in Express
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

Marshal Game profile

Sep 12th 2014, 21:29:35

they hang around in express cause they need to.

and yes ingame chat is good idea but it should be also possible to disable.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

midevil.chaos Game profile

Sep 13th 2014, 1:33:23

How would that work? I'm asking, because the way the layout has been created may not make this possible.

LATC Game profile

Sep 13th 2014, 2:31:34

Have the frame with mibbit chat at the bottom be 1px tall. Clicking on a "Chat" button resizes the chat frame to like 25% or like 400px - possible as seen here:

http://stackoverflow.com/...-frameset-with-javascript

Have a button to minimize the chat back to 1px height. Easy.

midevil.chaos Game profile

Sep 13th 2014, 3:33:47

I have trouble visualizing that lol. Too tired - brain gonna exploded lol. I know of something called olark, and I guess the principle would be the same, minus the chat going only to one person. I suppose the idea would pretty much be the same, except for how it's coded and the ultimate end result.

Viceroy Game profile

Sep 13th 2014, 4:11:27

Won't this make coordination, both deliberate and unintentional, more likely on solo servers?
And, Monsters, do not forget to specify, when time and place shall serve, that I am an ass.

LATC Game profile

Sep 13th 2014, 5:23:38

Originally posted by Viceroy:
Won't this make coordination, both deliberate and unintentional, more likely on solo servers?

Would it matter if the game is shut down otherwise due to no new players + existing players leaving? Let's get over this strict policing of the game and just let people play, otherwise this game is dead within 2 yrs.

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Sep 23rd 2014, 21:34:05

it's kindof a tricky proposition for mobile; and i don't really like the idea of iframes...

I have definitely considered doing this via socketio or something like that; it might be a bit gross to just shove a mibbit thing in the bottom corner though
Finally did the signature thing.

LATC Game profile

Sep 23rd 2014, 21:42:23

Well you could always just not implement it into mobile for the time being, use mibbit in an iframe for web version to see how it's received, and then decide from there if it's worth pursuing further.