Verified:

GodHead Dibs Game profile

Aug 31st 2014, 18:47:12

RiteAid carded me when I attempted to purchase pipe cleaners. I failed to produce valid identification and was denied the ability to purchase pipe cleaners. i just don't feel like taking the time and effort to replace my expired driver's license just so's i can buy some pipe cleaners. course, i might get a bit upset if my tobacco and alcohol providers start carding me. well, least RiteAid doesn't card me when i buy rubber cement. or maybe they did and i just forgot about it.
Dibs Ludicrous was here.

Erian Game profile

Aug 31st 2014, 19:41:59

Pipe cleaners need carding? Wow... when I was a kid we used to use them to build fancy stick men and animals and stuff. Didn't know we were using breaking the law by using adult-only items ;)

Marshal Game profile

Aug 31st 2014, 19:52:38

try mail order?
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

braden Game profile

Aug 31st 2014, 19:56:49

rubber cement was the catalyst for the greatest night of my life. until cinemax after dark started. then it went seriously downhill.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 31st 2014, 20:45:56

Dibs do you live in the ghetto?

flgatorboy89 Game profile

Aug 31st 2014, 21:11:34

Dibs lives in his own universe
Jon
ZT, SoL

<jon> off to bed fluffbeater :p
<mrford> i dont beat fluffs
<mrford> i eat them
<mrford> gosh
<jon> well, fluffeater
<Kat> oookay....

Aug 31st 2014, 21:19:12

Originally posted by Requiem:
Dibs do you live in the ghetto?

eh? isn't that where Jews and Black people used to live together? thought that they replaced that antiquated term with something more politically correct. like, um, Equal Opportunity Housing, or Homeless Assisted Living Organizations.

i dunno, but i did find a replacement for the alarms on my Windows Phone 8 which is currently experiencing charging problems. the Chinese seem to have developed an alarm clock that doesn't require any electricity to be able to run for 30 hours. totally amazing.
Dibs Ludicrous was here.

Aug 31st 2014, 21:29:39

oh, and it only takes about 15 seconds to recharge the um, kinetic potential energy that is required to be discharged to make it go tick, tick, tick. doesn't even require an internet connection to ask permission as to whether or not it can keep on ticking. well, maybe it's using some kinda Zen Buddhism telecommunications kinda dealy-bob. i also don't recall having to press "Yes" for any kinda EULA. i just wound the dang thing up and it started ticking. maybe it's some kinda ne Open Source dealy-bob. Apple is going to pay them billions for this technology!!!!
Dibs Ludicrous was here.

jjterrico Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 1st 2014, 3:33:18

Think of what they can do with that technology...have one main solar/wind powered cell that powers your house with a 1 hour charge!! Lmao think of the military advancement...

Pretty cool either way!!

And what kind of special pipe cleaner do you need that has to be id'd? Thats lame!!!

Prospect

Sep 1st 2014, 6:13:28

I got carded at wal-greens a few weeks ago just for a bottle of nyquil because it has alcohol in it. I'm almost thirty wtf?

mdevol Game profile

Sep 1st 2014, 6:53:41

it is the law to be able to provide valid identification to purchase tobacco or whatever listed paraphernalia state by state. It is what it is. perhaps grow some facial hair and look older than 18. ;)

other than that, renew your license. You need it for so many things.

being carded for NyQuil is not just about the alcohol in it, it is about what you can do with NyQuil. Consider yourself lucky you were not added to a state registry like you are in Michigan for buying some OTC drugs.
Surely what a man does when he is caught off his guard is the best evidence as to what sort of man he is. - C.S. Lewis

flgatorboy89 Game profile

Sep 1st 2014, 9:33:34

Have the same list here Mdevol
Jon
ZT, SoL

<jon> off to bed fluffbeater :p
<mrford> i dont beat fluffs
<mrford> i eat them
<mrford> gosh
<jon> well, fluffeater
<Kat> oookay....

Shinigami Game profile

Sep 1st 2014, 14:05:12

Also, it's typically not that the cashier thinks you are that young or that you are up to no good. It's because they think you are undercover and that if they don't card you, they are out looking for a job te next day. In the US that's controlled at both a federal and a state level so in some states they also could find themselves in handcuffs getting a ride to the local jail as soon as they hit the payment key.

And all of that is on top of fines for the person and the business.

Sep 1st 2014, 15:01:05

the cash register was the one who required the ID. no reason to renew my license because i don't have a car and probably won't ever own again. I'm currently split on whether to get an NJ Photo ID or a US Passport. and how many things do i really need an ID for, if i only had to show it once in the last 3 years? plus, I'm fairly certain that it's up to the state to prove that I'm guilty of being me, and not me who has to prove that I'm innocent of being someone else.

guess it's time to say "Goodnight Gracie" to the internet because my phone seems to have quit charging entirely. 46% battery left and then It's Cya Bye Bye.
Dibs Ludicrous was here.

Sep 1st 2014, 17:57:54

hmm, maybe not. i still have my PSPs which may or may not be able to connect to the internet because they might be limited to wireless b. oh goodie, i can go back to pestering the admins about broadening the support for devices that can't do the blessed holy capture config. well, maybe.... das batteries might be toast.
Dibs Ludicrous was here.

Sep 1st 2014, 19:44:41

dang. those Chinese cooks can yell really, really loud when somebody shows up to get Chinese Food on Labor Day.
Dibs Ludicrous was here.

jjterrico Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 2nd 2014, 2:32:02

Lmao I bet they are gonna serve the "special" chow mein now...

Makolyte Game profile

Sep 2nd 2014, 13:38:24

Originally posted by GodHead Dibs:
the cash register was the one who required the ID. no reason to renew my license because i don't have a car and probably won't ever own again. I'm currently split on whether to get an NJ Photo ID or a US Passport. and how many things do i really need an ID for, if i only had to show it once in the last 3 years? plus, I'm fairly certain that it's up to the state to prove that I'm guilty of being me, and not me who has to prove that I'm innocent of being someone else.

guess it's time to say "Goodnight Gracie" to the internet because my phone seems to have quit charging entirely. 46% battery left and then It's Cya Bye Bye.

In Michigan you can get your state ID for like $10. Just go into the SoS and take a picture. It's very simple. Prob the same in NJ. Good luck getting a US passport without a valid ID. You'll also need your birth certificate for that, which you'll also need a valid ID for. Good luckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk!
--------------------------------------------
Alliance: VP of Death Knights
FFA: XI warrior
--------------------------------------------

Ruthie

Sep 2nd 2014, 17:04:07

I don't think I have ever used a pipe cleaner to clean a pipe. Mostly was just arts and crafts with the kiddies.

My daughter works retail and she has to card anyone who buys tobacco products, no matter how old they are or if she knows for a fact they are over 18/21, I forget what the age limit is now. She could get suspended or fired if she doesn't, and they actually send in secret shoppers to catch anyone not carding people.

So before getting pissed off at the clerk for carding you, remember they are just trying to do a job and don't have a whole lot of choice.

Edited By: Ruthie on Sep 3rd 2014, 15:15:10
See Original Post
~Ruthless~
Ragnaroks EEVIL Lady

mrford Game profile

Sep 2nd 2014, 17:13:10

you are supposed to be carded for anything if you appear to be under 35 in most establishments. maybe thats just round where i live.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Marshal Game profile

Sep 2nd 2014, 19:46:36

in here needs to show ids if tries to buy tobacco (or tobacco related products) or alcohol if salesperson asks those due he/she thinks that buyer isn't old enuf and that applies to some computer games too (like gtas etc).
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

VicRattlehead Game profile

Sep 2nd 2014, 20:02:03

Virginia law states persons under the age of 40 must be carded and present valid ID with exceptions for "regular customers" and "personal acquaintances."

Red X Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express & Team

Sep 2nd 2014, 22:07:35

Originally posted by VicRattlehead:
Virginia law states persons under the age of 40 must be carded and present valid ID with exceptions for "regular customers" and "personal acquaintances."

haha at the last two. When I worked at food lion, they wanted us to card everyone that did not appear to be over 40, I enjoyed pissing many people off.
My attitude is that of a Hulk smash
Mixed with Tony Montana snortin' bags of his coke stash
http://nbkffa.ghqnet.com

Garry Owen Game profile

Sep 2nd 2014, 22:24:50

Originally posted by GodHead Dibs:
how many things do i really need an ID for, if i only had to show it once in the last 3 years?

Wow. Do you never have to cash a check or withdraw money from the bank or show the nice policeman who you are once you quit walking down the center of the street?

Get an ID. Actually, I would suggest the drivers license. Who knows when you might want to rent a car and drive off somewhere..... At least would be nice to have the option, dont you think?

Sep 4th 2014, 13:29:45

don't need ID to deposit checks.
don't need ID to use an ATM.
don't need ID to buy alcohol or tobacco.
don't need ID to write a check to pay my bills.

might need ID if i was to try and scam somebody, but i wouldn't be using my own ID.

hmmm, PSP TOO SLOW!
maybe need ID to buy small tablet.
Dibs Ludicrous was here.

Sep 4th 2014, 16:20:08

dang. i'll be needing a valid ID in the future because my Visa/Debit card got compromised by some pathetic retailer(I SAID RETAILER) got hacked and they had to reissue my debit card. except, i can't change my PIN number because i don't have a phone number. i can use the 7 year old invalid phone number to select a PIN, but it ain't mine anymore. Hip Hip Hoorah FOR FINANCIAL INSECURITY!
Dibs Ludicrous was here.

Sep 4th 2014, 16:31:06

oh, and I probably have a fair amount of federally registered proof of who I am. i don't remember it, but i probably got finger-printed during my time in the USAF. thought it was just part of the physical... and a seperate recent finger-printing which removed me from all investigations that the FBI has finger-print evidence for. i don't need to provide any more evidence to prove who i am.
Dibs Ludicrous was here.

Trife Game profile

Sep 4th 2014, 17:50:30

Originally posted by Red X:
Originally posted by VicRattlehead:

haha at the last two. When I worked at food lion, they wanted us to card everyone that did not appear to be over 40, I enjoyed pissing many people off.

we refer to that place as the fluffty kitty around these here parts

braden Game profile

Sep 4th 2014, 18:27:38

TRIFE FOLLOWES HORACE GREELYS ADVICE

Sep 4th 2014, 20:45:52

hmm, i'm actually responible for the production of binding construction documents from the PSD for the last 16 years. huh. go figure.

bah, due to unscheduled and unethical layoffs in the department. i'm headed south before they run out of bozos who have the authority to fire me.
Dibs Ludicrous was here.

Collzaboration Game profile

Sep 4th 2014, 22:41:46

Originally posted by Shinigami:
Also, it's typically not that the cashier thinks you are that young or that you are up to no good. It's because they think you are undercover and that if they don't card you, they are out looking for a job te next day. In the US that's controlled at both a federal and a state level so in some states they also could find themselves in handcuffs getting a ride to the local jail as soon as they hit the payment key.

And all of that is on top of fines for the person and the business.

Yep and some states like here in Missouri its law to card anyone that does not look over 35. In some cases the shop requires id for all ages. I was with my 65+ year old father once when he got carded for smokes.