Verified:

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 29th 2014, 16:46:18

Thanks for the DR. Time to grab up some land!
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

blid

EE Patron

Aug 29th 2014, 16:53:35

lol why did you multi tap a guy you were getting so few acres from

looks like your production is gs'd into dust
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 29th 2014, 17:18:44

I wanted him to GS me. Production will be low for about 30 turns. I need turns to build up my CS anyways. And it's nothing res tech can't fix.. Im sure ill gain it back with all this land im about to get.

blid

EE Patron

Aug 29th 2014, 17:20:56

"i wanted to get attacked"
right. i look forward to seeing your strong finish
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

Furious999 Game profile

Aug 29th 2014, 17:33:30

Originally posted by Celphi:
And it's nothing res tech can't fix.

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear. Go to the bottom of the class. And 50 lines "I must do my arithmetic homework" by to-morrow.

VicRattlehead Game profile

Aug 29th 2014, 17:39:58

Yeah, I found out the hard way that GS are not very helpful.

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 29th 2014, 17:46:58

Originally posted by blid:
"i wanted to get attacked"
right. i look forward to seeing your strong finish

A strong finish? I just want top 10 haha.... I'm still new to game.

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 29th 2014, 17:50:14

I will admit though- i didnt think id be gaining back only 500 population back a turn. Not when I remember other scenarios in which I'd gain like 2k+ a turn from res tech or LGs.

Furious999 Game profile

Aug 29th 2014, 17:57:55

I have the feeling you are trying to defend your land now so that is one step in the right direction.

Quite a number of further steps required.

You might take a lesson from this experience if you cared to. Look at the list of people hitting this guy. See if any or all of them are people who have demonstrated the ability to win and/or finish top ten. And then ask yourself what is different between what they did in this particular scenario and what you did. What will help is to imagine how you would feel when checking in if you were the owner of this country. Then ask what feature of his news will have jumped up and grabbed his attention at the exact moment his anger and thirst for vengeance were at their peak.

There is a second lesson available. But that one requires an interest in arithmetic (the heart of the game).

blid

EE Patron

Aug 29th 2014, 18:07:19

I will admit though- i didnt think id be gaining back only 500 population back a turn. Not when I remember other scenarios in which I'd gain like 2k+ a turn from res tech or LGs.
the amt of pop u gain is based on amt of pop u have. tf if the attacker did enough gs it can take quite a few turns to regain full pop

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 29th 2014, 18:11:19

I understand your point. In previous sets- I noticed countries with high DR making huge landgrabs protected from DR. So, it was my strategy to attack a country 1/7th of my net multiple times with my troops purposely left at 4000 with hopes that I'd get GS'd. I knew he had 330+ turns from beginning. I saw him switch to Tyranny and I knew what his production was low (i cant say here because that would be giving out spy info).

I totally expected him to GS me. I made the mistake of using turns during his assault when I should have walled closer to death.

What I did not calculate was the length of time it would take to recover my civilian population. It's my calculation now that I must defend against further GS from him and go jet heavy to maximize the usefulness of my miscalculated blunder. Hopefully the turns and money I lose from regaining 80% of max population isn't greater than the what I gain from LGing under DR.

My tax rate is at 0% and i sufficient amount to use my turns. I using these turns to build CS, so my turns aren't completely in vein. If there's some other trick to regain my population back faster- I'm all ears.

I still can't mind the max population formula......

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 29th 2014, 18:12:14

the amt of pop u gain is based on amt of pop u have. tf if the attacker did enough gs it can take quite a few turns to regain full pop

Thank you- that's a big lesson message right there- perhaps the best way was to wall just before I hit 80% max population then...

blid

EE Patron

Aug 29th 2014, 18:12:55

lol your whole strategy of getting owned by GS is so u can lg under DR ... but if u abuse that mechanic u can get deleted.

Furious999 Game profile

Aug 29th 2014, 18:17:19

There is stuff on this all over the boards.

Spoon feeding is for babies.

I will say, though, that it is the change made some months ago linking production to the relationship between actual population and maximum population which is one of the things which needs to concern you (and which rendered your idea out of date). It is the unoriginality of your idea which caused that particular change to be made.

PS The notion that the idea could lead to deletion is laughable.

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 29th 2014, 18:20:26

It's not abuse dude. If I lose the production from it (130k food to 25k food a turn) I think it's a fair trade. Abuse would be like coordinating someone to do it to you while minimizing the damages. Everyone on here is like an EE policeman. Instead of helping new players by giving advice some of you are looking for ways to cause people to quit.

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 29th 2014, 18:22:01

I know the new rule is your production drops after you reach below 80% your max population.

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 29th 2014, 18:24:37

(1-0.95*Taxrate)*(24*Res+12*Land)*ResTech*GvtPOP*BioFactor

It also seems like buying res tech will have the opposite effect. Since it will INCREASE my max population.

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 29th 2014, 18:31:52

And i figured out the math-.

You can only gain back .03% of your current population a turn.

Furious999 Game profile

Aug 29th 2014, 18:33:33

Well, maybe you can come off the bottom of the class. More work to do if you want to recover completely though.

Gotta warn you, once you crack the method to follow the work in game is tedious.

Edited By: Furious999 on Aug 29th 2014, 18:41:52
See Original Post

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 29th 2014, 18:40:31

Ok I figured it out.

CURRENT_POP((1.03)^TURNS_NEEDED)

When CURRENT_POP = (0.80)((1-0.95*Taxrate)*(24*Res+12*Land)*ResTech*GvtPOP*BioFactor )) = then recovery is complete.

In my situtation- that's about 50 more turns. Provided there's no cap to the .03% population return.

Furious999 Game profile

Aug 29th 2014, 18:44:10

If you have loads of assets, or you are a casher, you won't worry yourself about production meanwhile.

If you are concerned about production meanwhile either do some more thinking or look for the existing stuff on this.

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 29th 2014, 19:18:05

Farmer. But here's the math-

130k food for 100 turns (lost) = about 1/2 billion cash- aka 2 mil net.

So I have to make full use of my DR to make up for that 1/2 bill cash i missed out on.

blid

EE Patron

Aug 29th 2014, 19:29:09

lol why did you multi tap a guy you were getting so few acres from
2014-08-29 13:29:02 PS DeathFromAbove (#19) CUMMINGONKILLSFACE (#126) 73A (182A)
2014-08-29 13:29:02 PS DeathFromAbove (#19) CUMMINGONKILLSFACE (#126) 75A (187A)

same question to ebert lol.

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 29th 2014, 19:34:21

There's little risk involved - and eventually you run out of targets. So if you tap and grow to outside humanitarian range it's worth it.

blid

EE Patron

Aug 29th 2014, 19:35:52

lol. theres a high risk and no reward. it's 180 acres. please. don't try to explain it, i already know it's bad.

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 29th 2014, 20:55:10

If you're going to dbl tap someone- it's best to do it to someone at the bottom of food chain. And after you attack 50 different countries you eventually either have to attack people your net or double tap the lowest net.

To me, the later is the better choice. Tapping those 1/2 your net risks huge retals. Whereas the most a lowbie net can do is special attacks which I will soon see if they are worth their trouble.

I'm almost at full production again. Time will tell if the tradeoff was worth it.

blid

EE Patron

Aug 29th 2014, 21:09:15

ive played this server every set for years now. here's some stuff

1) double tapping is never *necessary*
2) double tapping can sometimes *pay off* if you can get a lot of land from a guy, and he doesn't roast you for it
3) double tapping for a paltry 180 acres opens yourself up to major risk for *negligible* benefits. that 180 acres isnt going to make much difference in your final score. it is bad idea
4) your "tradeoff" isn't much of a tradeoff. it's almost entirely bad

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 29th 2014, 21:17:43

I'm 10 turns from max production with 85 DR. You're saying that my 100 turns lost wasnt worth that?

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 29th 2014, 21:21:09

So you're telling me you wouldn't trade 100 turns to have 85 DR?

blid

EE Patron

Aug 29th 2014, 21:29:20

Uh, of course not.

edfjr Game profile

Aug 29th 2014, 22:17:59

It's better to have 0 dr and not be attacked at all. There's also ways around the lowered production if you think about it. You're doing things that are counter productive. You could've recovered in much less than 100 turns as a farmer.

blid

EE Patron

Aug 29th 2014, 22:20:47

Originally posted by edfjr:
It's better to have 0 dr and not be attacked at all.
Exactly

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 29th 2014, 22:24:07

How? I lowered my tax rate to 0% and sold all my res tech. How is that counter poductive? I will admit- I know nothing about farmers.

THinking.....

How else could I raise my production? (Building Res would have only raised my max population %) Using bioterrism on myself would have killed more civilians....

I thought up mostly everything I could...

Only others I could think of is dropping land or buying agri tech- which doesn't help me long term. And the max you can gain back is .03% civilians at a time. So PS'ing doesn't help any. I'm really interested on what I'm missing.....

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 29th 2014, 22:25:30

Exactly

This is almost impossible to achieve if your land goal is 20k+.

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 29th 2014, 22:27:18

For the next 10 attacks im going to get about 10k land with little recourse.

blid

EE Patron

Aug 29th 2014, 22:47:11

Exactly

http://www.eestats.com/express/oldcountry/564/105

blid

EE Patron

Aug 29th 2014, 22:48:41

How? I lowered my tax rate to 0% and sold all my res tech. How is that counter poductive? I will admit- I know nothing about farmers.

THinking.....

How else could I raise my production? (Building Res would have only raised my max population %) Using bioterrism on myself would have killed more civilians....

I thought up mostly everything I could...

Only others I could think of is dropping land or buying agri tech- which doesn't help me long term. And the max you can gain back is .03% civilians at a time. So PS'ing doesn't help any. I'm really interested on what I'm missing.....
I think if you crank up your tax rate, your current pop will be closer to your max pop but I haven't really been GS'd before to play with this

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 29th 2014, 23:05:06

Exactly

http://www.eestats.com/express/oldcountry/564/105

Kind of a poor example don't you think? This person double and triple tapped another player and neither did special attacks on him. He just got lucky.

As for your tax hike idea, that's a clever idea. I never even considered it. I wonder if it works....

blid

EE Patron

Aug 29th 2014, 23:07:53

That's me. The guys I multitapped were known players that were safe to multitap. here's antoher one of my countries
http://www.eestats.com/express/oldcountry/372/68

edfjr Game profile

Aug 29th 2014, 23:09:18

lol it works, it's one of the things I was referring to. Stupid blid helping noobs. What are you thinking? It's gonna bite you in the ass.

blid

EE Patron

Aug 29th 2014, 23:11:24

fluff

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 29th 2014, 23:28:36

Those are nice ass countries btw; but, I don't think that would happen in 2014. Too many players stock turns nowadays and retal late in the set.

blid

EE Patron

Aug 29th 2014, 23:30:35

the Republic is from 2014

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 30th 2014, 1:39:05

Another advantage of 85 DR is you save money by not having to maintain turrets for 24 hrs

blid

EE Patron

Aug 30th 2014, 3:38:14

24 hours?

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Aug 30th 2014, 3:44:43

all i can say is, celphi count yourself lucky that im not an active in game mod anymore.
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

blid

EE Patron

Aug 30th 2014, 3:45:27

Hahaha! See what I told you Celphi, intentionally getting DR and then abusing it in some way... it's not good!

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 30th 2014, 3:45:29

Originally posted by Warster:
all i can say is, celphi count yourself lucky that im not an active in game mod anymore.

why is that?

blid

EE Patron

Aug 30th 2014, 3:48:50

it's like i told u bro.

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 30th 2014, 3:50:07

So let me get this straight- intentionally leaving your troops down and attacking someone multiple times and hoping someone to attack you is abusing DR? Wow, how does that compare to someone coordinating DR with another player? You guys really need to post something up explaining what's allowable and what's not- because your explaination is completely vague. Even the veteran player Furious999 thought it was legal.