Verified:

Neil30 Game profile

Aug 26th 2014, 17:06:29

My question is just because I've been messing around this set and just dont get the math for advancing.

This is a tournament-style server. Countries on this server are split up into several different games: game A, B, and C. Game A is the upper level of tournament. Only the top 50% of players in game A stay in game A after the reset is complete. The bottom 50% are randomly assigned to the lower level games, B and C. Similarly, the top 25% of players in games B and C move up to game A at the end of the round. New countries will be assigned to the lower level games. All games share the same public market.

There are currently 69 countries in game A the Tournament server.

There are currently 170 countries in game B the Tournament server.

There are currently 169 countries in game C the Tournament server.

If this is the case why is game A under 1/2 the size of games B and C? Will the top 40ish countries go up or just the top 17? Did the number or people playing tourney just go up x5?

Cuz I've made a lot of people in the top 55 angry, and I MIGHT be able to make top 17 (doubtful) but Im not sure if I should try and netgain (lame) or just keep being a troll (lame).

Armadillo Game profile

Aug 28th 2014, 1:23:41

either 34 or 35 from A will have the option of staying, from b and c the top 42 will have the option of moving up. A potentially will be up to 115 next set, however not everyone does chose to move up, most likely around 85-90 will be there. Tourny is currently growing each set causing the lower levels to have a higher proportion then A. Just a handful of sets ago it was only ~35-40 people in A.

Furious999 Game profile

Aug 28th 2014, 9:35:25

If you want to stay in the lower reaches just make the mistake I and a number of others have made - change your country name = relegation. :(

Nice that tourney is growing. :)

I have NOT understood anything whatsoever that has gone on in "B" (or rather not gone on) this set. Has everyone stocked from turn one? Sometimes the echoing silence has been downright eerie.

Furious999 Game profile

Aug 28th 2014, 15:33:15

Maybe if it grows (quite) a bit more there will be a "D", "E" and "F" promoting into "B" and "C".

VicRattlehead Game profile

Aug 29th 2014, 18:26:47

Man, tourney was AWESOME when the ladder went up to like QPR, you had to win (as in #1 finish) consecutive sets to go from level 8 to game A as fast as possible, and game A was a frigging brutal dogfight. It wasn't fun to stay there more than a few sets in a row, because you couldn't be reckless AT ALL.

Aug 29th 2014, 18:28:05

I think the sweet spot for fun in those games was the level 3/4 area. Enough players in each game to make it interesting, I high enough number of good players making it back to A or who got bumped through bad luck, and just a smattering of n00bs made it a great environment.

Furious999 Game profile

Aug 29th 2014, 18:57:51

I played in A at the turn of the millenium. Won a few :) It was indeed good fun. You could orchestrate gang bangs in those days and had the task of filling alliy slots. I always played techer and worked harder at filling my research allies slots early on than at anything else. Fooling me into giving a leach was the one thing I would wreck a set for, wow it made me mad.

The ganging up was prtty innocent in those days, although sometimes a bunch of 1a clanmates would all start together and then the co-operative play did spoil things a bit. I gather this must have got much worse after I stopped playing, hence the way things are arranged now.

Aug 29th 2014, 19:24:34

In SoF we arranged "friendlies" in tourney, split up into a few teams and all started at the bottom, then tried to kill each other while advancing, and fighting whoever ended up in the same game with us. It was great fun.

silentwolf Game profile

Aug 30th 2014, 0:46:56

i would have been on the receiving end of those groupie hits back in those echelon/swirvey days. i thought we couldnt have any allies also back then ? maybe my memory is failing me. :/

Iron Mike Tyson

Aug 30th 2014, 15:33:55