Verified:

VicRattlehead Game profile

Aug 27th 2014, 3:46:04

Like it says. Have one that never resets. Stocking would only be for wars, and daily ranks would be more important. People would have to have functional countries, and the "growth" phase would never end. Maybe have more strident humanitarians, stricter gdi to protect restarts/new player/etc. inevitably someone would have a mbr that got too big to be attacked and some war clan would have to prove it wasn't. I would definitely play this.

crisseller2011 Game profile

Aug 27th 2014, 3:47:46

Agrees to this

ericownsyou5 Game profile

Aug 27th 2014, 3:48:31

I had actually thought of something like this early on into E2025.

My thoughts are that without finishes and fresh starts (new sets) I would get pretty bored.

HavocMD

Aug 27th 2014, 3:57:04

Or if not "eternal" make the set a year long. I'd find that very very interesting.

Mr Fist

Developer

Aug 27th 2014, 4:22:26

where do i sign up?

MilitantOrgy Game profile

Aug 27th 2014, 10:32:31

I'd be down for that

mrford Game profile

Aug 27th 2014, 11:33:03

There is a new 2 bill bug, but it is much larger

Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

mrford Game profile

Aug 27th 2014, 11:44:39

9.2 quintillion bug!
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

SolidSnake Game profile

Aug 27th 2014, 11:57:02

There's this forum, it's called bugs and suggestions. Go fluff off there.

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Aug 27th 2014, 12:09:11

even if you played for a year you would never hit the "new" 2 bil bug.
Here's the problem with a long server.. the participation rate would drop very quickly as time progressed due to wars or netting being "ruined" etc. At some point you would have only 5-10 active people left and the barrier to entry would be too high.
If the game mechanics were changed for this server some how to mitigate this then yeah, could be neat.
you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

Rufus Game profile

Aug 27th 2014, 12:09:51

I thought that the idea's of "reset" was that every once in a while everyone is erhm.. reset and start on equal footing once again. You can take a break if you're bored/busy, come back next reset and start anew.

Eternal reset means that some (only one eventually) clan who started early will grow too big to be touched and will farm/kill into oblivion everyone else. They'll get bored eventually for lack of competition and quit. The new/late starters will get bored to be farmed/killed without standing the slightest chance to grow and they'll also quit. Besides, what's the goal of such a game? Who wins?

On the other hand longer resets (1 year, even 6 months long) sounds more realistic. Wars actually would have a meaning other than paying old/imagined debts. You mess with me, I destroy your game for a whole year instead just 60 days kind of meaning. Or winning TNW/ANW by killing everyone else.
I am John Galt.

archaic Game profile

Aug 27th 2014, 12:44:46

Yeah, the entry point for new players would be pretty bad. You either get in and get aggressive early or you get left behind quickly with no chance to catch up. Sounds like Africa.
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

Kalick Game profile

Aug 27th 2014, 12:54:20

Originally posted by Rufus:
Wars actually would have a meaning other than paying old/imagined debts. You mess with me, I destroy your game for a whole year instead just 60 days kind of meaning. Or winning TNW/ANW by killing everyone else.

Or the losing alliance would quit playing after a month and go back to another server. No reason to waste everybody's time being farmed for a year.

Rufus Game profile

Aug 27th 2014, 13:06:44

Yes. That's what I said too. Careful who/why you piss off if you don't want to play FFA/Candy crush/Solitaire for a whole year.
I am John Galt.

iccyh Game profile

Aug 27th 2014, 14:02:14

Anyone who has played Astro Empires can tell you why this is not necessarily a good idea: the incumbency advantage is too big and tends to discourage new players.

Aug 27th 2014, 14:37:58

Originally posted by SolidSnake:
There's this forum, it's called bugs and suggestions. Go fluff off there.

Still the diplomat I see, good to know some things never change. :)

http://www.earthempires.com/...d-sugs-32911?t=1408892302

Of course the entry point would be tougher after a while, but I think the dynamics could be tweaked enough to keep people from getting too big.

Savage Game profile

Aug 27th 2014, 15:17:03

Vic do you play primary?

Aug 27th 2014, 15:35:20

This is my first set back. I am going to be joining primary on the new set. I think I will be teching and looking for allies.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 27th 2014, 16:19:11

Last person standing game? Doesn't end until all other clans are dead. No restarts.

Aug 27th 2014, 16:24:45

Oh, that works for me too. :)

PraetorNLS Game profile

Aug 27th 2014, 16:33:17

I like last man standing game
Praetor - disqualified from the human race for being three laps ahead in the second round.

TAN Game profile

Aug 27th 2014, 16:42:00

We should all just play Neptune's Pride instead. A private 30+ player game.
FREEEEEDOM!!!

FUXX0R3D Game profile

Aug 27th 2014, 16:51:04

All you would have to do to keep it interesting, is have a 'server tax' that is dependent on the size of your NW. High NW countries struggle more and more to play turns against the high tax, while new countries breeze up the ranks allowing constant fresh activity in terms of war, and the netting goal fixed more on how long you could maintain a high NW, with the winner or current winning player being decided on highest avg NW (recorded at predetermined intervals,) for the year long set, or in an eternal server: the past X amount of time (1 month for example.)

TAN Game profile

Aug 27th 2014, 17:24:45

Then what's the point if everyone hits a ceiling?

What MIGHT be able to level the playing field for new players competing with bigger ones is cross-server FA (one-way only, into the eternal server - FFA not allowed to send FA). However, in order to receive the cross-server FA, your country has to pay a tax FIRST before the package goes through (if you can't afford it, it doesn't go through). This tax increases with the size of your country.

If you're a $500m NW country, then at that point the taxes for being FAed become so high that you'll end up paying more than you'll be receiving.
FREEEEEDOM!!!

FUXX0R3D Game profile

Aug 27th 2014, 17:33:28

Well the point would be that certain players would seek to drag these high net mofos down ruining their chances at being number 1 for the month, and they'd have the economically lush country to do it with versus a weighed down, taxed out giant :)

Aug 27th 2014, 18:35:44

Right, I can see the competition being more for stuff like "hours spent at #1" rather than "finishing first," sort of like leading the most laps in a race being worth extra points in the Sprint Cup standings.

Marshal Game profile

Aug 27th 2014, 19:38:51

suggested during mehul's era and during joltomac's era and once during ee-era before vic and only way it might work is last man/alliance standing since as netting server it'd need alot changes for example to exploration rates.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Taveren Game profile

Aug 27th 2014, 19:44:16

Worst game design suggestion ever.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Skype: som3thingclassy

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 27th 2014, 20:01:36

Originally posted by Taveren:

Worst post ever.

Aug 27th 2014, 20:02:56

Originally posted by Requiem:

Worst post ever.

This.

TAN Game profile

Aug 27th 2014, 20:05:06

Originally posted by VicRattlehead:
Originally posted by Requiem:

Worst post ever.

This.

This.
FREEEEEDOM!!!

Schilling Game profile

Aug 28th 2014, 0:20:54

I like the idea. I came up with a few checks and balances in the process that would help create a maintainable balance for the long term.

Here's my suggestions to control a few things:

-Mimic the basic settings of Primary Server, except (yeah, sorry guys, no clans):
60(60) turn max.
1 turn/ 45 min.
Must declare war to use special attacks.
Only one on one declare war allowed.

-Introduce three global stats/events that all countries are susceptible to:

-Fallout/radiation/contamination:
A level that represents how many nukes/chems have gone off globally showing an effect across ALL countries (only successful attacks). As levels get higher, population begins to die off each turn run (much like Bio-terrorism Op). The only 'cure' would be time without nukes/chems going off lowering the levels. Medical tech could be tied in to lower the amount of casualties per turn.

-Global/local unrest:
Event generator controlled by the number of special attacks utilized on the server (GS, BR, AB, missiles, etc.). As global unrest rises, forces refuse to go into battle and desert their countries, labor-strikes and tax rebate demands increase accordingly.

-Global land cap:
Max amount of available land on the server. Once the land is used/claimed, explore rates fall to 0 for everyone, forcing land-grabs to take place if someone wishes to gain land. Eliminate ghost acres.
Introduction of global land events such as, new open territory discovered, or when a country is destroyed the land becomes available and will open the explore option once again where the rates will follow the same system they do now (keeps large countries from swallowing up all the new land and gives an edge to smaller countries).

Another idea along these lines was to have a 'random reset' where when the fallout/rad and unrest levels get too high, you get a nuclear winter situation and the game is just done. You have no idea when it's going to happen, even though you can track the levels.

Aug 28th 2014, 0:36:01

The nuclear winter scenario invalidates the idea but other than that.... awesome! Total acre must always be tied to total countries. More peopl= mkre acre, and the kne who joined to create them gets an advantage to exploring them on an exponential progression.

Schilling Game profile

Aug 28th 2014, 0:58:21

When I wrote that part, I was thinking 'eternal' might not work, but 'random ending' server might be interesting..I'd give it a shot either way, personally.

I didn't want to get too detailed on any one global stat/event, but my feeling is that there would be plenty of land to go around if we had a few ways to open up new land such as the above listed events and:
-re-releasing nuked/chemed acres back into the explore pool after a certain amount of time (real time).
-acres dropped by any country go back into the explore pool.
-possible land market at some point?

I'm just trying to get the wheels turning. :P

Riddler Game profile

Aug 28th 2014, 1:57:04

10k turn protection?

crisseller2011 Game profile

Aug 28th 2014, 4:20:12

Selling land can be a good land market? Hey russia sold alaska to the americans way back .. so that can be a good idea for this server

Syko_Killa Game profile

Aug 28th 2014, 4:38:33

well they havnt even finished the bots. what makes anyone here think that the admins have time to create another server? I want to see those bots implemented, that is why I cant leave this game. I must play it with the bots. Only than will I be able to leave this game forever. So the sooner the admins do this the sooner I will be gone;)
Do as I say, not as I do.

Aug 28th 2014, 4:56:19

All the more reason for them to try this first. Anything to keep players interested.

Marshal Game profile

Aug 28th 2014, 14:17:58

syko: you have played with bots. they were called rd bots. :P
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....