Verified:

timmie Game profile

Aug 20th 2014, 9:04:20

Would it be HPC? Which is basically activity?

Pontius Pirate

EE Patron

Aug 20th 2014, 9:42:32

Current war status - LaF/SoF/Rage/xSx getting pwned

Reasons - much worse country builds, poor war strategy (ABs), MD (and to some extent SOL) doing really well in every aspect
Originally posted by Cerberus:

This guy is destroying the U.S. Dollars position as the preferred exchange for international trade. The Chinese Ruan is going to replace it soon, then the U.S. will not have control of the IMF

timmie Game profile

Aug 20th 2014, 9:51:48

so it all comes down to HPC then? bad country builds means less hpc. Lack of activity means low hpc. Poor war strategy comes down to lower hpc. High HPC means pawn others?

iScode Game profile

Aug 20th 2014, 10:05:54

HPM rather than HPC...

I have unfortunately not been around much so I cant comment on country builds but I would say smikke has it accurate on the poor war strategy MD doing well from what I can tell on the stats, AB's was not the way to fs (dont like to say I told you so :P)
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

Alin Game profile

Aug 20th 2014, 10:11:38

coudn't imagine a server war will be so fast decided. Against the odds and not in favor of the side that got the FS ...
Sof was basically nullified, because of an almost 5k FS and secondary because poor country builds.

Hawkster Game profile

Aug 20th 2014, 10:23:42

meh I disagree and agree with you iScode .. for an early war you might as well do AB's as killing them this early in the set is pointless. The restarts of small country is guess what, pretty much a small country and about the same size. I will agree that it was poor war strategy, but for other reasons than AB being the FS.

However this war is far from over yet. No surprise since restarting small country is pretty easily done :P

MilitantOrgy Game profile

Aug 20th 2014, 10:38:42

It depends on the strat you're playing. C/Is smaller restart is a hassle. Techer strat restarts are a bit easier to recover from at the start, but restarting as a techer with 2K acres, to get it back to decent war ability, a lot of time will be wasted on getting more land, as the ones winning will be outgrowing, and start farming restarts of the losing side.

Alin Game profile

Aug 20th 2014, 10:43:30

Originally posted by Hawkster:

However this war is far from over yet. No surprise since restarting small country is pretty easily done :P

In the present form this war is over, done, kaput, finished.

iScode Game profile

Aug 20th 2014, 11:09:39

the only way this war isnt over is if the winning side decided to just drop there performance for a week, which is highly unlikely.
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

iScode Game profile

Aug 20th 2014, 11:09:55

i wonder if its even worth coming out of vacation, but of course I will be :P
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

iNouda Game profile

Aug 20th 2014, 11:28:00

Originally posted by iScode:
i wonder if its even worth coming out of vacation, but of course I will be :P

Send me a pact scoder. I'll send you some *secret FA*

Hawkster Game profile

Aug 20th 2014, 11:29:56

Of course it is, you have to join the fun of killing.

Besides restarts here are aweome, almost like you got free several hundred turns already played. So no big deal if your killed :p

En4cer Game profile

Aug 21st 2014, 1:09:30

From a LaF perspective we FS too early. However sheer numbers on the opposing side had us beaten regardless.

Going into the what coulda/woulda happened LaF still would have beaten either combination of SoL/Pdm or SoL/Evo... The third alliance I think was probably a bit much for us though.

Our plans (unbeknow to me as the reasons why) got moved forward also meaning our countries weren't up to the high mark we set for ourselves.

The above is all my own opinion and thoughts and does not represent anyone else's or LaFs in any way :)

Kalick Game profile

Aug 21st 2014, 1:11:22

Originally posted by En4cer:
From a LaF perspective we FS too early. However sheer numbers on the opposing side had us beaten regardless.

Going into the what coulda/woulda happened LaF still would have beaten either combination of SoL/Pdm or SoL/Evo... The third alliance I think was probably a bit much for us though.

Our plans (unbeknow to me as the reasons why) got moved forward also meaning our countries weren't up to the high mark we set for ourselves.

The above is all my own opinion and thoughts and does not represent anyone else's or LaFs in any way :)

Aren't the country numbers something like 195 vs 210? With the 195 side getting the FS and choosing the timetable, I'm not sure it is as lopsided as people are making it out to be.

bstrong86 Game profile

Aug 21st 2014, 1:13:24

Add 16 to that 195 xsx has been hitting us..for what its worth
The Death Knights

XI

bstrong86 Game profile

Aug 21st 2014, 1:14:16

I think the choice to AB fs was a bad move. Left ppl able to hitright away...
The Death Knights

XI

Kalick Game profile

Aug 21st 2014, 1:14:31

Originally posted by bstrong86:
Add 16 to that 195 xsx has been hitting us..for what its worth

xSx is included in that number.

bstrong86 Game profile

Aug 21st 2014, 1:15:19

Ahh k nvm :)
The Death Knights

XI

En4cer Game profile

Aug 21st 2014, 2:01:17

The LaF SoF part is out numbered about 170-135- also LaF/SoF only FS about 75 members of that other side leaving another 90+ to finish war prepping and FS countries they were already out producing ( from the strategic side of things it's a no brained who would win that).

Rage was outnumbered and FS comprehensively also... Again a no brainer. I am less sure of the numbers involved on this side of things.

Kalick Game profile

Aug 21st 2014, 2:09:22

Originally posted by En4cer:
The LaF SoF part is out numbered about 170-135- also LaF/SoF only FS about 75 members of that other side leaving another 90+ to finish war prepping and FS countries they were already out producing ( from the strategic side of things it's a no brained who would win that).

Rage was outnumbered and FS comprehensively also... Again a no brainer. I am less sure of the numbers involved on this side of things.

It's all one war at this point. I'm not sure what dividing line you are using to divide it into parts. The 170 hitting SoF/LaF are also hitting Rage/xSx.

En4cer Game profile

Aug 21st 2014, 3:26:48

That's because the war is done and dusted already :)

With the advantages that SoF/LaF afforded MD et al this set all MD had to do when they declared on LaF was help finish off the last of our breakers and they could collectively move on and help with others :)

Been a long time since I've been on the receiving end of this and I can still appreciate the work that has gone into it.

Edited By: En4cer on Aug 21st 2014, 3:30:33
See Original Post

mdevol Game profile

Aug 21st 2014, 4:14:54

Your biggest problem was SoF jumping the gun and forcing you guys to hit as early as you did. (For the 2nd straight reset)

LaF was nowhere near full turns and their country builds were just as shaky, they only got 11 kills in the 72 hours on SoL.

SoL got 20 kills and outhit LaF by 500 hits in that same time frame despite having 15 less members. Any damage that SoF and RAGE did was negated by SoL's ability to efficiently kill LaF and ruin whatever productions and unused stock/cash they had.

I hope LaF has learned something over the last 2 resets. I surely have.
Surely what a man does when he is caught off his guard is the best evidence as to what sort of man he is. - C.S. Lewis

VicRattlehead Game profile

Aug 21st 2014, 5:01:27

How did laf and sof get so cozy? I don't remember it being that way. In fact when I left I think sof and md were the new server bully coalition.

Mr Fist

Developer

Aug 21st 2014, 5:14:18

war never changes. unless its in earth empires(2025)

locket Game profile

Aug 21st 2014, 6:05:17

Originally posted by Alin:
coudn't imagine a server war will be so fast decided. Against the odds and not in favor of the side that got the FS ...
Sof was basically nullified, because of an almost 5k FS and secondary because poor country builds.

Are you SERIOUSLY trying to play out some bullfluff about how you were at a disadvantage Alin? Jesus. Im not in any of those clans and I told Ershow who agreed that it was going to be extremely one sided and.. shocker. It was!

En4cer Game profile

Aug 21st 2014, 6:06:19

Vic that only lasted that one set... (if we are thinking of the same point in time)

I believe we in LaF had intended to stockpile another 100 turns before we had intended to war so our shaky builds were down to that .. Most as per our spy ops would have shown were only just finished converting as we went to full red and those that did have their turns saved were at 120/60 for the FS.

Alin Game profile

Aug 21st 2014, 6:09:51

Originally posted by locket:

Are you SERIOUSLY trying to play out some bullfluff about how you were at a disadvantage Alin? Jesus. Im not in any of those clans and I told Ershow who agreed that it was going to be extremely one sided and.. shocker. It was!

i didn't say a word about being in disadvantage you troll.

Usually a alliance/group of alliances that gets the FS stay on top until there is a swift in the activity or something. One side is 195 players and the other has around 210 players. The 195 one partially got the FS.

Why, are you saying that you are in disadvantage ?

Edited By: Alin on Aug 21st 2014, 6:14:13

locket Game profile

Aug 21st 2014, 6:20:09

Originally posted by locket:

i didn't say a word about being in disadvantage you troll.

Usually a alliance/group of alliances that gets the FS stay on top until there is a swift in the activity or something. One side is 195 players and the other has around 210 players. The 195 one partially got the FS.

Why, are you saying that you are in disadvantage ?

I specifically stated I was not in any of those alliances. Im not warring. It was very clear why one side had the advantage and considering both sides got FSs that is very much nullified.

But yah Im the troll. Not the one who goes around spewing biased stuff everywhere.

Alin Game profile

Aug 21st 2014, 6:23:09

I specifically stated I was not in any of those alliances. Im not warring. It was very clear why one side had the advantage and considering both sides got FSs that is very much nullified.

But yah Im the troll. Not the one who goes around spewing biased stuff everywhere.

Fine - the side you are cheering for. The side you are advocating for than... Is that better?

When one side had 50 turns saved, the other one had 120 ( 40 ) or something. So yea, one side partially got the FS. They choose to do it.

locket Game profile

Aug 21st 2014, 6:27:00

Im cheering for no one. I could really care less. Laf and Sof deserve it. Sol and MD deserve it too. Id have been fine with either being owned.

En4cer Game profile

Aug 21st 2014, 6:31:06

I like ur impartiality Locket :)

It's what I try and do when I post :)

Alin Game profile

Aug 21st 2014, 6:37:44

you guys are trying to much to push the idea that someone had an advantage. We were better prepared in therms of country builds but that is not an advantage you can push on.

195 vs 210 looks pretty damn close in numbers. I can remember some other past scenarios when .... whatever.

En4cer Game profile

Aug 21st 2014, 6:44:44

Not taking anything away mate. This is by far and away LaFs poorest war in a long while and we can see and are pointing out our deficiencies :)

We have been beaten.

Atryn Game profile

Aug 21st 2014, 12:39:22

It all depends how you define "advantage". MD had an advantage -- nobody FS'd them and they got to set their own timetable. Whether that was due to their own FA work, their allies actions or luck in the decisions LaF/SoF made for their FS, it still gave MD an advantage to come in fully prepped against already warring alliances.

I am pretty sure that is a position any alliance would love to be in and I'm sure MD is loving it.

(I'm not active this set, and I've only visited the MD site a couple times)

Bombay Game profile

Aug 21st 2014, 13:11:36

Numbers were basically even.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 21st 2014, 16:30:58

Originally posted by Bombay:
Numbers were basically even.

Its either even or not. Also I don't care good job.

Raging Budda Game profile

Aug 21st 2014, 23:15:31

Meanwhile...RAGE is being hit by half the server.
Your base is mine!

maverickmd Game profile

Aug 21st 2014, 23:20:27

Rage chose war. War didnt choose them

Arsenal

Aug 22nd 2014, 1:36:06

I do see quiet a few RAGE members complaining about there predicament. I do recall some n00b named Robyn is now running things over there.

Might have something to do with it?

tellarion Game profile

Aug 22nd 2014, 2:19:29

I really really didn't understand Sof/Lafs decision making on this set. Why would Sof, who was the most war prepped of their entire side, spend all their turns ABing Evo when MD, who was the most war prepped on the entire server bar none, was just waiting for it and already storing up turns? And then Rage hitting PDM....well I guess when you are unpacted with 6-7 alliances, all of whom were war prepping, there's no clear choice to to hit.

Donny Game profile

Aug 22nd 2014, 6:21:56

fluffs
ICQ-105967052

Dear Asians who say they're not ninjas just because they're Asian,
That's exactly what a ninja would say.

Academus Game profile

Aug 22nd 2014, 8:50:42

1-0

bertz Game profile

Aug 22nd 2014, 9:08:55

Originally posted by tellarion:
I really really didn't understand Sof/Lafs decision making on this set. Why would Sof, who was the most war prepped of their entire side, spend all their turns ABing Evo when MD, who was the most war prepped on the entire server bar none, was just waiting for it and already storing up turns? And then Rage hitting PDM....well I guess when you are unpacted with 6-7 alliances, all of whom were war prepping, there's no clear choice to to hit.

They decided to do that to have an escape goat. lol
They know what was coming.

ebola Game profile

Aug 22nd 2014, 9:22:46

I really really didn't understand Sof/Lafs decision making on this set. Why would Sof, who was the most war prepped of their entire side, spend all their turns ABing Evo when MD was the most war prepped on the entire server

SoF/Laf/Rage block already knew they would be outgunned. SoF attacking MD directly c(w)ould have aggravated that by activating more of MDs FDPs that are currently netgaining. I assume that is why Evo was chosen.

mdevol Game profile

Aug 22nd 2014, 9:39:02

Originally posted by ebola:
I really really didn't understand Sof/Lafs decision making on this set. Why would Sof, who was the most war prepped of their entire side, spend all their turns ABing Evo when MD was the most war prepped on the entire server

SoF/Laf/Rage block already knew they would be outgunned. SoF attacking MD directly c(w)ould have aggravated that by activating more of MDs FDPs that are currently netgaining. I assume that is why Evo was chosen.

and leaving MD untouched was a better option?

not untouched, sorry. they had their suiciders hit them first, just like they did to SoL.
Surely what a man does when he is caught off his guard is the best evidence as to what sort of man he is. - C.S. Lewis

MADMARK Game profile

Aug 22nd 2014, 11:19:28

😁

Hawkster Game profile

Aug 23rd 2014, 8:06:24

Originally posted by mdevol:

not untouched, sorry. they had their suiciders hit them first, just like they did to SoL.

Not going to say this is incorrect, as I just cant be bothered to go actually investigate this. However the ones suiciding that I seen, were hitting SoL and Rage (think was also LaF too). I remembering thinking well at least they are not favoring one side over another as they were suiciding on both sides.

En4cer Game profile

Aug 23rd 2014, 10:16:08

Yeah I'm pretty sure I saw a few of our LaF countries suicided b4 the war mate. The love was shared around

FailDiegoFail Game profile

Aug 23rd 2014, 12:39:12

Originally posted by ebola:

thats basically what happened yes. didnt matter in the end i dont think but yeah

Hardy Game profile

Aug 24th 2014, 2:28:25

SoL, hit with the sof rage n lag side to make things interesting