Verified:

mdevol Game profile

Aug 22nd 2014, 1:13:40

Discuss.

No, not you, Alin

Edited By: mdevol on Aug 22nd 2014, 1:16:07
Surely what a man does when he is caught off his guard is the best evidence as to what sort of man he is. - C.S. Lewis

VicRattlehead Game profile

Aug 22nd 2014, 1:26:11

Obviously they did, or else laf could've just taunted them from distance.

En4cer Game profile

Aug 22nd 2014, 1:29:06

Skill level of it's members in game no... Politically yes.

I would like to fight alliances in arranged wars to test this out. I've never been a fan of the one sides blindsiding (not that this set is one of those, it was politics at work and anyone in the loop knew what was going to happen). I have been one fair share of sides winning and losing these one sided events and would love to see things battled out on more even terms. (These have been my views for 10+ years)

Arsenal

Aug 22nd 2014, 1:33:44

Originally posted by En4cer:

I would like to fight alliances in arranged wars to test this out. I've never been a fan of the one sides blindsiding (not that this set is one of those, it was politics at work and anyone in the loop knew what was going to happen). I have been one fair share of sides winning and losing these one sided events and would love to see things battled out on more even terms. (These have been my views for 10+ years)

You are in the wrong alliance then.

Fuji Game profile

Aug 22nd 2014, 1:50:33

We need a friendly!

Heston Game profile

Aug 22nd 2014, 1:54:13

❤️️Nothing but❤️️💯❤️️❤️️🌺🌸🌹❤️❤️💯

Savage Game profile

Aug 22nd 2014, 1:55:07

Warring I think it would be close and fun. Netting, not so much.

maverickmd Game profile

Aug 22nd 2014, 2:11:58

The war is 192 countries vs 209 countries, less than 10 percent difference. And the LaF/SoF side FS'ed. So i guess you're definitely referring to past wars

Cable Game profile

Aug 22nd 2014, 2:22:01

Read his quote "not this one"

Side note not sure MD could out net LaF but mabye..... server needs more ways to gain land for real netting battles

Savage Game profile

Aug 22nd 2014, 2:22:04

MD entered at an ideal period. The fact that you have a 17 member advantage is just icing on the cake. MD had longer to prep, entered with turns and came in last. If you guys lost this war that would have been pretty pathetic. Based on circumstance it was over before it started. I give props to your leaders if they had an influence on sequencing and props to your membership for delivering but don't pretend like you had an even chance of losing. Things were stacked heavily in your favor.

En4cer Game profile

Aug 22nd 2014, 2:50:09

Aresnal, it could be true but after nearly 9 and a half years there I still hold out hope for LaF and this game :)

juice Game profile

Aug 22nd 2014, 3:01:05

Originally posted by Savage:
MD entered at an ideal period. The fact that you have a 17 member advantage is just icing on the cake. MD had longer to prep, entered with turns and came in last. If you guys lost this war that would have been pretty pathetic. Based on circumstance it was over before it started. I give props to your leaders if they had an influence on sequencing and props to your membership for delivering but don't pretend like you had an even chance of losing. Things were stacked heavily in your favor.

Agreed.

maverickmd Game profile

Aug 22nd 2014, 3:08:22

We had no longer to prep and started storing turns exactly the same time as your alliance.

maverickmd Game profile

Aug 22nd 2014, 3:09:26

Double your NW and better prepped when you FSed is a better description.

mdevol Game profile

Aug 22nd 2014, 3:21:12

Originally posted by Fuji:
We need a friendly!

Good luck with that...sof wont believe you even if you try that.
Surely what a man does when he is caught off his guard is the best evidence as to what sort of man he is. - C.S. Lewis

Alin Game profile

Aug 22nd 2014, 3:56:20

Originally posted by mdevol:
Discuss.

No, not you, Alin

You know what ?

fluff you! Seriously...

Boltar Game profile

Aug 22nd 2014, 4:04:24

it isnt so much that MD caught to LaF in the political aspect. its just u can only piss off so many people in a 3-4 yr period before eventually all the planets align and fck u up in every aspect

Suncrusher Game profile

Aug 22nd 2014, 4:11:11

I could've sworn the round started on August 8 for all of us...maybe qzjul gave us extra turns ;)

Boltar Game profile

Aug 22nd 2014, 4:15:32

Originally posted by Suncrusher:
I could've sworn the round started on August 8 for all of us...maybe qzjul gave us extra turns ;)

he means if everyone came in with 200-250 turns played and u guys game in with 350-400 played u was better ready etc.. but yes everyone gets same amount of turns..

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 22nd 2014, 4:20:52

Originally posted by Alin:
Discuss.

No, not you, Alin

You know what ?

fluff you! Seriously...

Well, you turn most threads into pissing contests, people will tire....
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

ericownsyou5 Game profile

Aug 22nd 2014, 4:27:32

Originally posted by Boltar:
Originally posted by Suncrusher:

he means if everyone came in with 200-250 turns played and u guys game in with 350-400 played u was better ready etc.. but yes everyone gets same amount of turns..

Well... they FS'd. lol.

Syko_Killa Game profile

Aug 22nd 2014, 4:29:54

It's still a fun war, winning or losing. I hit everyday, and no matter how many times you kill me, I am a zombie and I just come back to life.
Do as I say, not as I do.

Heston Game profile

Aug 22nd 2014, 4:43:39

Discuss.

No, not you, Alin

You know what ?

fluff you! Seriously...

^Some more proof^
Alin is md cannon fodder.
Lol.
❤️️Nothing but❤️️💯❤️️❤️️🌺🌸🌹❤️❤️💯

Alin Game profile

Aug 22nd 2014, 4:54:14

Originally posted by KoHeartsGPA:
Discuss.

No, not you, Alin

You know what ?

fluff you! Seriously...

fluff you too.

flgatorboy89 Game profile

Aug 22nd 2014, 4:58:50

Discuss.

No, not you, Alin

You know what ?

fluff you! Seriously...

fluff you too.

fluff everybody!!
Jon
ZT, SoL

<jon> off to bed fluffbeater :p
<mrford> i dont beat fluffs
<mrford> i eat them
<mrford> gosh
<jon> well, fluffeater
<Kat> oookay....

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 22nd 2014, 5:14:34

Originally posted by flgatorboy89:
Discuss.

No, not you, Alin

You know what ?

fluff you! Seriously...

fluff you too.

fluff everybody!!

Agreed LOL flufffest 2014 :-)
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Boltar Game profile

Aug 22nd 2014, 5:19:45

fluffest 2014 or flufffest 2014?

locket Game profile

Aug 22nd 2014, 6:37:01

Originally posted by maverickmd:

The war is 192 countries vs 209 countries, less than 10 percent difference. And the LaF/SoF side FS'ed. So i guess you're definitely referring to past wars

Funny because MD FSd too.

Alin Game profile

Aug 22nd 2014, 7:11:57

Prearranged wars is the key for this server. As long as people understand that it will be fine. As long as they don`t, some people in one side will hate some people in the other side and the circle will never end.

People need to move on! That`s why i like my current alliance - because every 2 resets people move on, and old grudges are left behind ( maybe not all of them, but a vast majority)

Edited By: Alin on Aug 22nd 2014, 7:14:54

mdevol Game profile

Aug 22nd 2014, 7:29:36

Originally posted by locket:
Originally posted by maverickmd:

Funny because MD FSd too.

so did evo, so did pdm, so did sol...

dude, you knew what he was saying.

SoF/LaF/RAGE took the initial FS and could have hit whoever they wanted, they chose fluffty targets. they chose to leave MD wide open despite only being down ~15-20 members

Which is compounded by multiple SoF countries making less than 50 hits in the war to this point. For a clan that "cannot survive without war" it looks like they are lacking in that war thing....this is a reflection of leadership, i would say.

Edited By: mdevol on Aug 22nd 2014, 7:34:14

PaoLo Game profile

Aug 22nd 2014, 7:50:58

bonus

Hawkster Game profile

Aug 22nd 2014, 7:53:25

Originally posted by Savage:

I agree with most of this .. with one major difference. I disagree with heavily stacked in their favor. Yes they had an advantage but they could still have messed it up and lost that advantage and thus the war. MD did not do this and instead have done well.

As to original OP question, I can not discuss as its only been one set that I have seen. I have gotten some vague ideas, but those can not be confirmed or denied in my mind til I have seen more.

iNouda Game profile

Aug 22nd 2014, 8:07:53

Death to netters!

Academus Game profile

Aug 22nd 2014, 8:49:27

SoF have sucked at warring for the past 2 years, they get humped, call in LaF with FA or to hit. RAGE camne back last set with their "expeiernced" player ready to kick butt - so they hit MD when MD had been warring and killing SoF again.

this reset - nobody to bail out SoF :( and they are getting massacred. RAGE's "experiend" players cant handle a real war. All in all a good set for the good guys. Thanks SOL, Evo and the rest. Its graat playing with you guys

Kalick Game profile

Aug 22nd 2014, 12:42:28

MD obviously had a lot of things go our way this set. We were not FSed and we got to choose our own timetable to enter the war. However, we entered the war 27 hours from when LaF/SoF FSed, so claiming we were able to both store turns and gain massive NW through all of our extra turns is a little farfetched. SoF/LaF chose the timetable for this war and we were very fortunate our builds were optimized for the same time.

Aside from not being FSed, we haven't really been targeted all that much, aside from SoF on the first couple days after our entry. We are not under heavy fire, and that obviously makes our performance look good.

What has really been impressive this set is the alliances that got FSed, and are still crushing it. SoL has the highest HPM. PDM and Evo aren't what you would traditionally think of as war alliances, and they are both putting out impressive numbers after taking large FSes. They aren't here to mess around.

And TPA/ICN/DK have teamed up to play with the big boys. Despite being smaller, these three alliances have decided to make an impact on server politics. Without them, this war definitely could have swung a different way. We all know how hard it is to coordinate multiple alliances in a war and they are doing a great job of it. I think RAGE should take them more seriously in the future.

Even SoF/LaF/Rage are continuing to fight on even when things look grim. So kudos to them for that.

MD had a lot of fortunate things happen this set, but a lot of that is predicated on the support our allies have given us. They are the ones who deserve the props.

Riddler Game profile

Aug 22nd 2014, 12:56:35

Originally posted by Academus:
SoF have sucked at warring for the past 2 years, they get humped, call in LaF with FA or to hit. RAGE camne back last set with their "expeiernced" player ready to kick butt - so they hit MD when MD had been warring and killing SoF again.

this reset - nobody to bail out SoF :( and they are getting massacred. RAGE's "experiend" players cant handle a real war. All in all a good set for the good guys. Thanks SOL, Evo and the rest. Its graat playing with you guys

Love how you are calling our Vets experienced. Old School Ragers have some experience yes but the game and its mechanics have changed so much since they all played. And can't handle a real war? what the fluff crack pipe are you smoking Aca? You know damn well we are hanging in here whether we are losing or not, Rage has the more countries hitting them than anyone else does. AND WE KEEP COMING BACK! I am not complaining, Hell Ragers aren't on here complaining at all. and honestly Rage was holding their own against 4 tags when MD who had been building more decided to come in and start farming us. therefore we CAN handle a real war douchebag. We aren't complaining we are fighting, win lose or draw....We are here to stay

Riddler Game profile

Aug 22nd 2014, 12:56:47

oh and Aca, learn to spell

Davedc23 Game profile

Aug 22nd 2014, 13:19:57

Originally posted by Kalick:
MD obviously had a lot of things go our way this set. We were not FSed and we got to choose our own timetable to enter the war. However, we entered the war 27 hours from when LaF/SoF FSed, so claiming we were able to both store turns and gain massive NW through all of our extra turns is a little farfetched. SoF/LaF chose the timetable for this war and we were very fortunate our builds were optimized for the same time.

Aside from not being FSed, we haven't really been targeted all that much, aside from SoF on the first couple days after our entry. We are not under heavy fire, and that obviously makes our performance look good.

What has really been impressive this set is the alliances that got FSed, and are still crushing it. SoL has the highest HPM. PDM and Evo aren't what you would traditionally think of as war alliances, and they are both putting out impressive numbers after taking large FSes. They aren't here to mess around.

And TPA/ICN/DK have teamed up to play with the big boys. Despite being smaller, these three alliances have decided to make an impact on server politics. Without them, this war definitely could have swung a different way. We all know how hard it is to coordinate multiple alliances in a war and they are doing a great job of it. I think RAGE should take them more seriously in the future.

Even SoF/LaF/Rage are continuing to fight on even when things look grim. So kudos to them for that.

MD had a lot of fortunate things happen this set, but a lot of that is predicated on the support our allies have given us. They are the ones who deserve the props.

+1

NukEvil Game profile

Aug 22nd 2014, 13:22:09

Originally posted by Academus:

I still remember when SoF FSed Evo OOP and were begging their allies to protect them when they were getting stomped. By Evo.

Think that was a little bit more than 2 years ago tho.
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

iNouda Game profile

Aug 22nd 2014, 13:33:34

Originally posted by Riddler:

Love how you are calling our Vets experienced. Old School Ragers have some experience yes but the game and its mechanics have changed so much since they all played. And can't handle a real war? what the fluff crack pipe are you smoking Aca? You know damn well we are hanging in here whether we are losing or not, Rage has the more countries hitting them than anyone else does. AND WE KEEP COMING BACK! I am not complaining, Hell Ragers aren't on here complaining at all. and honestly Rage was holding their own against 4 tags when MD who had been building more decided to come in and start farming us. therefore we CAN handle a real war douchebag. We aren't complaining we are fighting, win lose or draw....We are here to stay

Well you should talk to all your guys whining about it then because they're giving off that impression.This is as close to a fair war as it gets outside of arranged wars. The number of members on each side are relatively even even though the stats may vary. So let's have fun warring.

Oh and...DEATH TO NETTERS! BRING BACK DAGGA!!

H4xOr WaNgEr Game profile

Forum Moderator

Aug 22nd 2014, 13:59:44

one reset doesn't prove much and never has. One observation doesn't make a trend.

Bombay Game profile

Aug 22nd 2014, 14:10:25

I like fluff

Pride Game profile

Aug 22nd 2014, 14:43:29

Everything Kalick said was spot on. We've been fortunate this set. That being said MD stepped up to the plate and hit a home run.

I would like to add that if Laf had gone through all of what MD has these past two years, Laf would probably be out of this game. (That's my opinion anyways)

NukEvil Game profile

Aug 22nd 2014, 15:34:48

Meh, not to start the "my current/former alliance has had it worse than your alliance" bandwagon, but check out Evo's history. Evo has been shat upon by other alliances since basically their formation (do not read any further if you do not wish to read about old, old history). They've reached the pinnacle of server potential, only to be suddenly crushed by alliances with questionable tactics (pact-breaking, hacking, etc). They've spent years close to the bottom, only to resurrect themselves time and time again. They once went a solid year of winning ANW non-stop, before being suicided and then subsequently slaughtered. Yes, some of their more questionable former members have been implicated in cheating, but those members are (hopefully) long gone or are playing clean these days.

I haven't played there or in any other alliance for several years now, but from what I'm seeing right now, they seem to be doing pretty well for themselves, at least politically. And, I see they've been winning ANW and TNW recently. Unfortunately, going by past history, I'm just wondering when the hammer will once again fall.
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

tellarion Game profile

Aug 22nd 2014, 15:52:56

Last set was the first netting set we lost avgnw since that one MASSIVE pre-nerf trading set almost two years ago. And even then, we were a close second :)

Hawkster Game profile

Aug 22nd 2014, 16:08:41

Originally posted by iNouda:

Well you should talk to all your guys whining about it then because they're giving off that impression.This is as close to a fair war as it gets outside of arranged wars. The number of members on each side are relatively even even though the stats may vary. So let's have fun warring.

Meh I am one of those supposed whiners. I was bored and decided to have some fun, which was perceived as whining. But anyway just glad that for most part all the clans are fighting.

Edited By: Hawkster on Aug 22nd 2014, 16:14:08
See Original Post

Hawkster Game profile

Aug 22nd 2014, 16:08:54

Agreed, what Kalick stated above sounds pretty spot on imho. Kudos to that alliance. War is only fun if both sides are hitting, so I for one appreciate it.

En4cer Game profile

Aug 22nd 2014, 21:17:50

Kalick for the most part you are pretty well spot on... However that extra 27 hours is 100 turns... That 100 turns (later that LaF was planning to FS) was actually 4-500m cash or close to 2m nw each that over 50 members of the alliance went without which has laws to our subsequent slaughter lol :)

Alin I would fully support the LaF leader that goes down that path... And realistically from what I can see it needs to be LaF or SoF that comes across like that that would see it happen :)

Taveren Game profile

Aug 22nd 2014, 21:25:38

This thread is a joke and a huge pissing contest.

FREE DAGGA!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Skype: som3thingclassy

Boltar Game profile

Aug 22nd 2014, 21:58:41

Kalick for the most part you are pretty well spot on... However that extra 27 hours is 100 turns... That 100 turns (later that LaF was planning to FS) was actually 4-500m cash or close to 2m nw each that over 50 members of the alliance went without which has laws to our subsequent slaughter lol :)

Alin I would fully support the LaF leader that goes down that path... And realistically from what I can see it needs to be LaF or SoF that comes across like that that would see it happen :)

the only way a LaF leader will do that is if u lose a couple of times and cant stack the odds in ur favor.. this i know from talking personally with a former Don of laf about the LaF way of life. u do not lose or put anything to chance to lose.. and will anything it takes not to lose.