Verified:

iScode Game profile

Aug 20th 2014, 15:11:27

Originally posted by VicRattlehead:
Originally posted by iScode:
VIC always wanted to shoot an M1 Garand, would have to be my favorite WWII gun.

Kicks like a mule. Classic thumbuster to load. Careful putting in the mag, you might lose digits.

If I ever got the opportunity I would have the owner get it ready for me, I am just not that experienced with guns to trust myself with something like that but boy would I enjoy it!
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

H4xOr WaNgEr Game profile

Forum Moderator

Aug 20th 2014, 15:12:17

PS: I agree that "because I have a right to" is a stupid reason to justify owning a gun.

Just because you have the right to do something doesn't mean you should exercise that right without a reason for doing so.

To pull an example I used in another thread: just because I have the right to protest doesn't mean I'm going to join every protest I see/hear about.

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Aug 20th 2014, 15:17:14

morality is an arbitrary set of rules designed by a culture done in part with the intention of balancing some kind of order along with some kind of freedom and group cohesiveness.

It also changes over time and in reaction to various things.

For example sexual promiscuity was considered perfectly normal in certain cultures and these tended to be ones that were unaffected by any kind of serious STD.

Slavery was considered moral throughout a larger portion of the world

The level of weaponization of a population has varied over time and place as well as the rational for various levels of armament. Study the history of china for example.

And littleitaly: the movie you are thinking about is called "the purge"
you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

MArs47 Game profile

Aug 20th 2014, 15:30:15

Originally posted by Taveren:
To those who own guns for protection - how many of you are CPR certified and trained to use an AED?

I'm a little late on the curve, but I have been trained in both CPR and the use of an AED. I wouldn't say certified cause I don't have a clue about when they expire or recerts etc...
#DKnights

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 20th 2014, 15:31:57

Originally posted by Trife:
also, another sign of penile overcompensation is big trucks, especially lifted ones

classic sign of SPS, small penis syndrome

I call people that think like you, "jeleaus I can't have one so you shouldn't either, libtards"
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

braden Game profile

Aug 20th 2014, 15:38:19

trife thinks mooslim is a race.

scode, i have never loaded a mag into a rifle, either. I, however, would ask that the gentleman (sorry, gentleperson) watch as i load it myself, to make sure it's all good. and then, as you said, the m1 garand is fluffing beautiful. i also very much enjoy the m-14 (looks, i've never physically held one, heh), or whichever they used in korea

(a quick wikipedia search actually shows that the m14 was not for korea, so.. i guess they used the garand for the police action?)
(and i apologize if this is derailing the thread.. not my intent, i assure you)

VicRattlehead Game profile

Aug 20th 2014, 15:50:51

I know a guy who has a sten gun and a tommy gun. The Thompson is beatiful, but too expensive to shoot regularly - .45 ain't cheap. The sten is kind of ugly, but amazing to fire. Sweet piece. 9mm full auto, recoil is practically nil. You can empty the whole mag (50 rounds) into a target the size of a teacup no problem because it is so easy to keep on target. I have fired ARs and AKs with "bump fire" and while it is really cool, it is a little tougher to keep hosing the same exact area.

Aside from the sten, my fave piece I have ever fired is an old black powder revolver, Union Cavalry issue. Shoots massive balls of lead, makes a big satisfying boom and large clouds of smoke. When fired in anything short of high noon sunlight it looks like you're holding a firebomb as it explodes. Neat effect. Not good for home defense as it takes too long to reload and isn't all that accurate, but it is pretty awesome anyway.

Trife Game profile

Aug 20th 2014, 16:05:23

I have fired ARs and AKs with "bump fire" and while it is really cool, it is a little tougher to keep hosing the same exact area.

well, duh. bump firing isn't meant to be accurate

it's something dumb that gun yokels do to try to showoff

Red X Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express & Team

Aug 20th 2014, 16:18:22

Originally posted by Pain:
several reasons of them being: fun to shoot, protection, and the main reason: because i have a right to.

i live in a nice neighborhood on a nice end of town, with a very small likelyhood of needing to use them. but i also have a permit to carry so one goes where i go.

Me 2
My attitude is that of a Hulk smash
Mixed with Tony Montana snortin' bags of his coke stash
http://nbkffa.ghqnet.com

braden Game profile

Aug 20th 2014, 16:32:32

I have fired ARs and AKs with "bump fire" and while it is really cool, it is a little tougher to keep hosing the same exact area.

i had no idea what it was, so i googled it.. and, again i stress i didn't know what it was until just now, but fluff does it ever sound like fun! ;p

Trife Game profile

Aug 20th 2014, 16:40:47

don't get me wrong, it's fun..

but talking about bump firing not being accurate is like getting a big old ford truck (lets say F450) or a high end sports car and then complaining about the subpar MPG it gets.

braden Game profile

Aug 20th 2014, 17:02:48

but wrong is my favourite kind of trife :(

mrford Game profile

Aug 20th 2014, 17:06:30

The M1 has a clip, not a mag. It is basically one step up from a loading strip. A magazine has to have an integral feed system. Like a spring.

In Korea they used the M1 and the BAR and other WWII surplus. We are still using some WWII munitions to this day.

My SOCOM is pretty much a modern carbine, semi-automatic version of an M14 and I love it.

Edited By: mrford on Aug 20th 2014, 17:08:33
See Original Post
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

braden Game profile

Aug 20th 2014, 17:28:17

meh, i assumed they were synonymous.

clip is bolt action, like a springfield from ww1? or does you answering this not really answer my question? ;p

mrford Game profile

Aug 20th 2014, 17:33:20

No

Some guns have built in magazines that are loaded one round at a time, a lot of bolt action and lever action guns without external mags are like this

Some guns have internal magazines that are loaded with clips or loading strip so you can reload rapidly

Some guns have no internal magazine and are loaded when an external magazine is inserted.

It is mainly symantics, but when trying to describe an action the terminology actually matters.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

braden Game profile

Aug 20th 2014, 17:46:30

to save me the google search, which of these does the winchester repeating rifle fit?

mrford Game profile

Aug 20th 2014, 17:49:18

If you are talking about the 1873, it has a tube mag below the barrel loaded one round at a time by hand. Much like a Moss 500 or similar shotgun really, 15 or 16 rounds or something like that. No clip involved.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

braden Game profile

Aug 20th 2014, 18:04:29

if seventy three is the one that won the west, then yes sir, it's the nicest fluffing gun ever :P

(rifle that is, the colt peacemaker is the nicest of any gun)

Trife Game profile

Aug 20th 2014, 18:08:46

basically, braden, 99.98% of guns have magazines. there are a few models that have actual clips, but they're far outnumbered by guns with magazines.

so err on the side of caution and call everything magazines. winchesters would be called tube-fed

mrford Game profile

Aug 20th 2014, 18:11:43

Tube mag. The bullets are stacked nose to tail under the barrel.

Racking the lever action would eject the old shell and grab one from the type and slam it home. There is a spring in the tube mag keeping the rounds pressed against the action.

It is exactly how any classic action shotgun operates.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

TAN Game profile

Aug 20th 2014, 18:14:49

look let's just make this simple:

clip - the thingy you put into a gun to make it go pew pew

gat - literally any gun

nine - a nine millimeter pistol or whatever the fluff the measurements are, or any pistol really

tech - a TEC-9, or any gun
FREEEEEDOM!!!

Trife Game profile

Aug 20th 2014, 18:22:31

or if you're in the media:

you can refer to anything as an assault rifle or AK47

pistol? AK47

scary looking 10/22? assault rifle

shotgun? assault rifle

muzzle loader? AK47

TAN Game profile

Aug 20th 2014, 18:24:36

pffft I am in the media. we just say gun for everything. :P
FREEEEEDOM!!!

braden Game profile

Aug 20th 2014, 18:30:30

i thought gat was tupac black talk for gatling gun and he doesn't understand hyperbole (or he understands it perfectly well, i'm not yet decided on that) so his hand rifles were also gatlings because he was so skilled at firing at black people?

also, trife, black isn't a race. and i'm paraphrasing him, so..

archaic Game profile

Aug 20th 2014, 18:40:38

I hunt, I shoot competitively (badly), I travel extensively to bad neighborhoods for my job, several reasons. Many of the guns I own have been passed down through my family. I enjoy taking the boys out to the farm and shooting up a case of clay targets. I live in a nice neighborhood, yet there have been 3 daytime break-ins in the last last 6 months. As long as I and 80M of my neighbors have them, my government will hopefully refrain from becoming a police state.

Why do I collect minerals, old books, and chess sets? Why does Jay Leno have so many cars? Why does my wife have so many pairs of shoes? Why don't we all live in cities and ride the bus from our planned communities to the dog park?

fluff, I don't know - we're Americans, we like doing fluff other people don't think we need to do. Sometimes its awesome like landing on the moon or inventing the assembly line, sometimes it sucks like giving the indians smallpox or invading vietnam.

Like Trife, I also have limited manly endowment.
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

braden Game profile

Aug 20th 2014, 18:55:05

they should've grown an immunity if they wanted to survive. i call it weak will.

braden Game profile

Aug 20th 2014, 18:56:04

Originally posted by archaic:
Why does my wife have so many pairs of shoes?

our hope is because she looks good in stilettos?

VicRattlehead Game profile

Aug 20th 2014, 18:56:58

Ford, I screw up the clip/mag thing pretty much all the time.

Eh, it's pretty freaking fun. I don't know about "dumb gun yokels," but the folks who come out for our shooting days tend to be upper middle class people who have large quantities of disposable income to spend on blowing stuff up. Since the idea of the shooting day is to have fun shooting stuff, the bump fire weapons were perfect. :) Shooting it definitely gives you the Kool-Ade man grin.

Jayr Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 20th 2014, 20:22:40

If rape and murder were legal, i'd sure as fluff HOPE that owning firearms were illegal, it would probably be best if they were...fluffing idiot ichode
wasn't me...

Pain Game profile

Aug 20th 2014, 22:09:00

it was similar to vics response in the last thread, I thought thats what we do sensationalise things on here.

But yes, saying you own a gun simply because it is your right to do so, would be the same as raping someone and then saying it was ok to do so because it was legal. You should not own a gun simply because its your right to do so, that is fluffing insane, just like rape and murder.

leave it to you to say something completely fluffing stupid.

how many people are affected by me owning a gun? how many people would be affected by me raping and killing someone? the fact that you even consider that comparison reasonable has me questioning wtf kind of morals you have.

Your mother is a nice woman

Uncle James Game profile

Aug 20th 2014, 22:46:16

It seems that are very few people left in this world that really understand what it going on. In the Constitution of the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA it stats and I quote> All persons are part of the un organized militia and as such will be ready to be called to action by the Governor of said state to appear ready and armed to defend said state from any and all evil activity that the Governor sees fit to squash> Of course now that we have the National Guard that does not happen much anymore. But as a matter of fact the Militia is on the border in TEXAS. 13 different units of Militia are patrolling and stopping illegals and drug dealers from crossing into TEXAS as I am making this post. So if you live in America and are over 18 you should be armed by law and ready to be activated. But I would not worry to much as No one seems to give a fluff about anything anymore> They are letting this country go down the toilet a little bit more every day. So the smart people who understand are now fully armed and ready for when the fluff hits the fan and it is coming in our life time.

archaic Game profile

Aug 20th 2014, 23:25:08

And the flufftards are here . . .
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

iScode Game profile

Aug 21st 2014, 1:52:38

Originally posted by Pain:
it was similar to vics response in the last thread, I thought thats what we do sensationalise things on here.

But yes, saying you own a gun simply because it is your right to do so, would be the same as raping someone and then saying it was ok to do so because it was legal. You should not own a gun simply because its your right to do so, that is fluffing insane, just like rape and murder.

leave it to you to say something completely fluffing stupid.

how many people are affected by me owning a gun? how many people would be affected by me raping and killing someone? the fact that you even consider that comparison reasonable has me questioning wtf kind of morals you have.

MERICA, fluff YEAH!!!
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

ssewellusmc

Aug 21st 2014, 1:59:20

Gun ownership protects ones rights to his/her own individual liberties.

Edited By: ssewellusmc on Aug 21st 2014, 2:08:25
See Original Post

Heston Game profile

Aug 21st 2014, 2:05:59

❤️️Nothing but❤️️💯❤️️❤️️🌺🌸🌹❤️❤️💯