Verified:

TAN Game profile

Aug 20th 2014, 2:32:49

No politics in this thread, please.

I just want to know, to those who own firearms, why do you own them? Do you collect them? Are they fun to fire at the range? You seriously feel you need protection? All of the above? Do any of you who own weapons live in "nice" neighborhoods with low crime?

Let me hear it. I don't own a firearm myself so I'm interested to know what the appeal about them is.

Once again, please no politics in this thread. Just share your stories.
FREEEEEDOM!!!

Pain Game profile

Aug 20th 2014, 2:36:53

several reasons of them being: fun to shoot, protection, and the main reason: because i have a right to.

i live in a nice neighborhood on a nice end of town, with a very small likelyhood of needing to use them. but i also have a permit to carry so one goes where i go.

Your mother is a nice woman

TAN Game profile

Aug 20th 2014, 2:41:46

What compels you to get a firearm just because you can, though? You can, so you did? Is it that simple?
FREEEEEDOM!!!

Trife Game profile

Aug 20th 2014, 2:45:15

the only legitimate reason for owning firearms is to compensate for being under equipped in the manhood department

that said i have a few firearms

mrford Game profile

Aug 20th 2014, 2:50:02

how bout them pirates, fluff
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

mdevol Game profile

Aug 20th 2014, 2:50:30

Several reasons: fun to shoot at the range/out on my buddys farm, i hunt with them, protection. i also live in a relatively safe neighborhood but all it takes is 1 nutjob and i would rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

I have personally taught family members and a decent number of interested friends gun safety.

The first thing about owning a gun is knowing how to use it safely and respecting what the thing is capable of doing.
Surely what a man does when he is caught off his guard is the best evidence as to what sort of man he is. - C.S. Lewis

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 20th 2014, 2:53:11

Trife, give all criminals firearms (oh wait, most of the already possess them) then tell the good folks they cannot have them, then see what happens.

Summary; PROTECTION FROM BAD PEOPLE WITH GUNS, and some hunting of course, I love deer and quail, yum!!
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

TAN Game profile

Aug 20th 2014, 2:54:43

I shot an AK-47 in Cambodia. It was pretty amusing I must say, although $50 for just a magazine's worth was a bit much.
FREEEEEDOM!!!

VicRattlehead Game profile

Aug 20th 2014, 2:57:12

TAN, I am sure you saw the story I directed at iScode on the other thread. With that in mind, protection of my children is #1 in my mind with firearms. Second of all, they are fun to shoot. My folks own a nice farm in VA with a gun range, and we have people out a couple times a year and put a few thousand rounds downrange. Everyone has a blast, and we blast a lot of fluff. Third, if SHTF those with guns will make the rules and make it through.

Aug 20th 2014, 2:59:56

"An armed society is a polite society" -Robert Heinlein

Pain Game profile

Aug 20th 2014, 3:06:41

Originally posted by TAN:
What compels you to get a firearm just because you can, though? You can, so you did? Is it that simple?

because i wanted to.

its better to have it and not need it, then need it and not have it.
Your mother is a nice woman

MArs47 Game profile

Aug 20th 2014, 3:40:04

Originally posted by Pain:
its better to have it and not need it, then need it and not have it.

I dont need a gun. I have never needed a gun. And, in all likelihood, I will never need a gun. However, should I ever need a gun, I had better have a gun. Therefore, I have a gun. And if the Government ever says you can't have a gun, that's when you need a gun.

I've been watching the fluff going down in Iraq, and when ISIS took over the part I was in I felt like it was a year of my life wasted. Watching that whole ordeal unfold, and then watching the beheadings/executions of men, women, and children, all the while they're saying, "You're next America, we're coming."

Meanwhile my 9 month old daughter is watching Frozen in the background...

Do I seriously think I need a gun for my protection? No. Does it help me sleep at night? Yes.
#DKnights

Aug 20th 2014, 3:40:40

This is sort of relevant. I thought about making a fresh topic, but I don't want to be "that guy" lol This guy, Jack Donovan, is a philosophical writer and focuses mostly on masculinity in the modern era. This is his latest essay. Probably his best one ever is "Violence is Golden," which is linked in the piece. FTR, Donovan is a homosexual. He rejects the term "gay" because he hates the connotation of the garish queen, and calls himself an "androphile." I only mention this because the go to response of left wing folk to Jack is "Republican retard!" and that is clearly not the case.

http://www.radixjournal.com/.../who-will-swing-the-blade

Aug 20th 2014, 3:47:44

To the above posts:

I am in auto finance. That means, when you buy a car at a dealership, I am the guy who tries to sell you the extended warranty (although we're not supposed to call it that), GAP insurance, and whatnot. Let me tell you, the "have it and not need it/need it and not have it" close is the best one I've got. The reason for this is simple - the first car I financed, I totaled and owed $3k to the bank after my insurance payout. Who budgets for that? Nobody. A few extra dollars a month to "not have to worry" about that expense is easy to justify.

What folks are saying here about guns is the same exact thing. Sure, the GAP company makes money (otherwise they wouldn't be in business) and most people never file a claim. That doesn't make the people who do file claims somehow part of a vast insurance company plot!

In fact, I just had a major repair to my car (2010 Ford Fusion, 43k miles) that was covered by my extended warranty. $0 out of pocket was WAY better than the several thousand it would have been otherwise.

All that I mean by this (and I know I'm rambling, I have been drinking) is that "not likely" is not nearly the same as "not possible," and given that gun ownership is a very rational choice.

Jayr Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 20th 2014, 3:50:17

Edited By: Jayr on Oct 31st 2020, 14:50:09
wasn't me...

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 20th 2014, 3:56:45

Don't mess with my right to bare arms, or else... http://i.imgur.com/uQg4I.jpg
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

damondusk Game profile

Aug 20th 2014, 4:10:46

loaded question much?

Taveren Game profile

Aug 20th 2014, 4:21:49

They're fun. Why do people buy sports cars?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Skype: som3thingclassy

Taveren Game profile

Aug 20th 2014, 4:23:47

To those who own guns for protection - how many of you are CPR certified and trained to use an AED?

Aug 20th 2014, 4:29:02

I say frankly I don't know what your acronym speak means. I don't need any permits in my state for what I do with my guns. I do drill my children with Jeff Cooper's four laws of gun safety. I do practice shooting. I do go out of my way to ensure that others follow all safety rules on my family's range.

We did have an incident not that long ago, a guy gave his wife an M1 Garand without telling us that she was inexperienced, and without telling her the necessary rules of the range. I was *slightly* downrange of the muzzle for a round. The shockwave was... unpleasant. Actually, I am lucky I didn't fluff myself. It was terrifying.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 20th 2014, 4:37:55

The only gun I own is a shotgun I use for quail hunting, for deer I'll use my bro in-law's rifle.

Sports cars, now your talking, I've been into racing since I was a kid, my dad built formula 2s in Argentina, we went to race track every week, then I raced go karts when we moved to Southern California, now I just have a mustang with nothing special on it and I'm building a 1970 2 door Datsun 510 thats my pride and joy :-)
(•_•)

Taveren Game profile

Aug 20th 2014, 4:50:05

I own a shotgun (for fun) and am hardly anti firearm in any way shape or form but I still find the protection argument pretty hilarious. If a person owns a gun for protection he is potentially willing to take a life to protect himself and his loved ones but if he isn't CPR certified (or AED trained) he can't save his loved ones (or a bystander) from cardiac arrest or help if someone stops breathing. If you live in the country it becomes even more important as help is even further away.

The idea that people know more about fire arm ownership than CPR is pretty terrifying.

Edited By: Taveren on Aug 20th 2014, 4:57:57
See Original Post

Taveren Game profile

Aug 20th 2014, 4:53:18

Originally posted by KoHeartsGPA:
The only gun I own is a shotgun I use for quail hunting, for deer I'll use my bro in-law's rifle.

Sports cars, now your talking, I've been into racing since I was a kid, my dad built formula 2s in Argentina, we went to race track every week, then I raced go karts when we moved to Southern California, now I just have a mustang with nothing special on it and I'm building a 1970 2 door Datsun 510 thats my pride and joy :-)

I vaguely compare fire arms to sports cars because both are fun, but can be incredibly dangerous if used improperly.

BlueCow

Aug 20th 2014, 4:56:30

Cpr and aed trained due tp previous job. Own three shotguns used for duck hunting
The mrs. Owns one of them also
Slagpit
Mar 31st 2024, 15:13:02

If you sincerely believe that the game admins are lying to you then you should obviously quit the game.

Heston Game profile

Aug 20th 2014, 4:57:38

I have guns cause they are superior to archery and swords and fluff. I have some for shooting peoples and some for shooting gods creatures. I have not bagged a human but animals are tasty.
❤️️Nothing but❤️️💯❤️️❤️️🌺🌸🌹❤️❤️💯

Aug 20th 2014, 5:00:32

OOOOOOOOOOOOOhhhhhhhhhhhhh, CPR lol (I told you I've been drinking) I have been CPR certified year in and year out since I first got my "emergency preparedness" boy scout merit badge... 21? 22? years ago.

mdevol Game profile

Aug 20th 2014, 5:09:03

I am CPR certified and do know how to use and AED.

I am also a good shot.
Surely what a man does when he is caught off his guard is the best evidence as to what sort of man he is. - C.S. Lewis

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 20th 2014, 5:17:03

Originally posted by Taveren:
Originally posted by KoHeartsGPA:

I vaguely compare fire arms to sports cars because both are fun, but can be incredibly dangerous if used improperly.

+10
(•_•)

Heston Game profile

Aug 20th 2014, 5:24:52

The idea that people know more about fire arm ownership than CPR is pretty terrifying.

Roflmfao!

/me prays for humanity
❤️️Nothing but❤️️💯❤️️❤️️🌺🌸🌹❤️❤️💯

ericownsyou5 Game profile

Aug 20th 2014, 5:37:21

We all know the CPR rarely works, right? That being said, I am trained and educated.

I own a shotgun and a pistol. I keep a shotgun for home protection, I find it boring taking it to a gun range. I would probably pump a shot into my wall as a warning if my home alarm went off and someone was intruding. I'm not looking for reasons to shoot someone, just protect my family.

Pistol is for fun, stored in a safe.

Aug 20th 2014, 5:43:58

Let me post this here so people can tell me what a terrible father I am.

http://www.fredericksburgparent.net/...one/1883-nice-shootin-tex

Mr Fist

Developer

Aug 20th 2014, 6:13:21

didnt read all the posts. but i own a .32 Winchester, Glock 17, .12G Remmy, and a bushmaster carbon 15.

i live in a fluffty neighborhood. Have pulled my gun once on an intruder in my garage. pretty good story

Today i was working on the blazer out back and some fluff head is on a bike scoutin out fluff to break it. (i have an alley way)

Some dude on a bike with a black beard, gross t and a backpack. white dude, real fluffing scummy looking.

Where i live most of us have guns, loaded and ready to.

if you live in the US its a right to bare arms. Where i live i wanna protect my family from the fluffs that are out there.

Mr Fist

Developer

Aug 20th 2014, 6:17:14

I own a shotgun (for fun) and am hardly anti firearm in any way shape or form but I still find the protection argument pretty hilarious. If a person owns a gun for protection he is potentially willing to take a life to protect himself and his loved ones but if he isn't CPR certified (or AED trained) he can't save his loved ones (or a bystander) from cardiac arrest or help if someone stops breathing. If you live in the country it becomes even more important as help is even further away.

i have to disagree, as a fire medic, most scenes i encounter I see CPR being done by a bystander, I guess its all about where you live, but here in Minneapolis id say roughly more than 75% of the time CPR is being done by a bystander, correctly aswell. we have community ed programs that teach CPR for free though, im not liberal but i support the idea of free CPR classes.

Schilling Game profile

Aug 20th 2014, 6:47:22

For me, 90% of it is hunting related. I do have one handgun, but I rarely take it out. I have just a few guns, really. Not a gun nut, just the stuff I need to make clean kills.

I prefer medium caliber rifles that have some good range capabilities to them. If you're hunting moose, deer or bear you need something heavy duty. I have two shotguns, one 12ga pump and Huglu double barrel breach loader that my dad bought me in Turkey, each suited for ducks, quail, grouse or turkey. While these things can second as home defense, definitely not my primary purpose.

On the other hand I have a few historic firearms that have been passed down. I saw a reference above to 'being like sports cars,' above and I think it's a bit like that. Fun to work on, look at and go 'ohhhh' but that's about it. They stay hung up on the wall. Since they're on the expensive side about the closest I get to most of the old stuff is at any gun shows that come to town.

iScode Game profile

Aug 20th 2014, 10:18:42

several reasons of them being: fun to shoot, protection, and the main reason: because i have a right to.

i live in a nice neighborhood on a nice end of town, with a very small likelyhood of needing to use them. but i also have a permit to carry so one goes where i go.

So if you were allowed to rape and murder people (say in the name of religion) you would do so? This is why I worry about people owning guns...

On a side note, I was always under the impression most people these days know how to do CPR? though I do not know what AED stands for, could be something different here.

VIC always wanted to shoot an M1 Garand, would have to be my favorite WWII gun.

I don't any guns, I will be buying my first shotgun at the end of this year/early next year for duck hunting season.
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

SAM_DANGER Game profile

Aug 20th 2014, 10:25:49

Originally posted by iScode:

So if you were allowed to rape and murder people (say in the name of religion) you would do so? This is why I worry about people owning guns...

On a side note, I was always under the impression most people these days know how to do CPR? though I do not know what AED stands for, could be something different here.

I don't any guns, I will be buying my first shotgun at the end of this year/early next year for duck hunting season.

Seriously? Equating simply owning a gun to raping or murdering someone????? The latter is immoral because you're directly and intentionally causing harm to someone else.

Anyway, back on topic, I own guns mainly for hunting, with self defense being a secondary concern.

And yeah, they're fun to shoot.

iScode Game profile

Aug 20th 2014, 10:32:23

it was similar to vics response in the last thread, I thought thats what we do sensationalise things on here.

But yes, saying you own a gun simply because it is your right to do so, would be the same as raping someone and then saying it was ok to do so because it was legal. You should not own a gun simply because its your right to do so, that is fluffing insane, just like rape and murder.
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

braden Game profile

Aug 20th 2014, 12:12:57

do you buy cereal or food from a grocery store? buying cereal or food from a grocery store just because it is your right to do so, would be the same as raping someone and then saying it was ok to do so because it was legal. You should not buy cereal or food from a grocery store simply because its your right to do so, that is fluffing insane, just like rape and murder.

iScode Game profile

Aug 20th 2014, 13:05:32

exactly, I buy food and cereal to survive.
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

BlueCow

Aug 20th 2014, 13:36:48

Originally posted by braden:
do you buy cereal or food from a grocery store? buying cereal or food from a grocery store just because it is your right to do so, would be the same as raping someone and then saying it was ok to do so because it was legal. You should not buy cereal or food from a grocery store simply because its your right to do so, that is fluffing insane, just like rape and murder.

+100000
Slagpit
Mar 31st 2024, 15:13:02

If you sincerely believe that the game admins are lying to you then you should obviously quit the game.

LittleItaly Game profile

Game Moderator
Alliance, FFA, & Cooperation

Aug 20th 2014, 13:55:44

if rape and murder were legal, then they would be an accepted thing in society, thusly it wouldnt be a wrong thing to do within your rights.

but since our current upbringing say rape/murder are wrong, then they are wrong to do.

Just as currently media is trying to "educate" (mold) our younglings that we need more gun control (repressing our rights), which eventually if left uncontrolled, will make owning a gun illegal all together since society will say its wrong.
LittleItaly
SOL Vet
-Discord: LittleItaly#2905
-IRC: irc.scourge.se #sol
-Apply today @ http://sol.ghqnet.com for Alliance

LittleItaly Game profile

Game Moderator
Alliance, FFA, & Cooperation

Aug 20th 2014, 13:59:38

And recently, there was a movie that came out that said murdering ppl was legal in a night or two? i ddin't see it, but... that is an example of something we consider wrong all together in every day life morally right and legal... and accepted as the norm in that society.
LittleItaly
SOL Vet
-Discord: LittleItaly#2905
-IRC: irc.scourge.se #sol
-Apply today @ http://sol.ghqnet.com for Alliance

Buch Game profile

Aug 20th 2014, 14:09:45

Back to original post hunting ,trapping and self defense concealed carry...... And where I live I can't remember the last time there was break in/ robbery and I don't think there has ever been a murder in my town one 5-6 years ago in the county I live in........ And around here I can think of a single person that doesn't own a firearm...... Except maybe the people that have drug charges but I doubt they care that its illegal to have a gun just a guess

H4xOr WaNgEr Game profile

Forum Moderator

Aug 20th 2014, 14:46:27

I own 3 rifles and I have them because

a) I grew up in a rural area where one wants to have a gun for practical reasons
b) I inherited some of them

so in summary: for practical reasons and for sentiment.

braden Game profile

Aug 20th 2014, 14:55:16

you still live in canada, h4? out bc way, if i recall? originally from ontario? (i met you in toronto!).. but where did you grow up rurally that had you with rifles?

iscode: grow your own.

Trife Game profile

Aug 20th 2014, 15:00:40

also, another sign of penile overcompensation is big trucks, especially lifted ones

classic sign of SPS, small penis syndrome

Aug 20th 2014, 15:06:36

Originally posted by iScode:

Kicks like a mule. Classic thumbuster to load. Careful putting in the mag, you might lose digits.

braden Game profile

Aug 20th 2014, 15:07:07

trife masterbates to small penis humiliation videos

Trife Game profile

Aug 20th 2014, 15:09:18

trife masterbates to small penis humiliation videos

sounds like you have alot of fire arms, a lifted truck and voted for romney!

H4xOr WaNgEr Game profile

Forum Moderator

Aug 20th 2014, 15:10:15

you still live in canada, h4? out bc way, if i recall? originally from ontario? (i met you in toronto!).. but where did you grow up rurally that had you with rifles?

iscode: grow your own.

I'm back in Toronto now Braden, moved back in January.

I grew up on a tobacco farm in rural southern Ontario, in Brant County (Burford township, Harley to be specific if you feel like google mapping it or something :P).