Verified:

mrcuban Game profile

Aug 10th 2014, 23:01:31

Is it better facist farmer with 10% increase in food or Demo with 0% market comissions. Does it work out to be the same?

What do people recommend?

Marshal Game profile

Aug 11th 2014, 0:43:27

and demo has 10% tech bonus.

if you are going strictly farmer aka no oil rigs then scales favor demo.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

mrcuban Game profile

Aug 11th 2014, 1:15:33

Would total land factor into that at all. I suppose with thetech bonus itdoesnt matter demo with additional 10% tech and nomarket coms would favor demo. Thanks

Xninja Game profile

Aug 11th 2014, 1:21:43

I think it could be debated. Last I knew Fash had a population disadvantage further increasing your food production. Market prices is another factor to consider. I am sure he is right though.... 9/10 times Demo pure farmer would beat a Fash.

Be cool to know 100% though at raw power.

Example, I think a F Farmer from turn 0-500 would out produce a D Farmer in the same turn range.
Overlord of Chaos
http://lords.ghqnet.com<--CLICK ME; JOIN CHAOS
Aim:baerninja
MSN/Email:

VicRattlehead Game profile

Aug 11th 2014, 1:48:57

Grabbing or all-x? If you are going to grab a lot having the extra turns to build will help a fascist overcome the tech/tax disadvantage. Depends on the server.

Xinhuan Game profile

Aug 11th 2014, 2:51:14

The population disadvantage is actually significant. It makes Demo waaaaaaaay better than Fasc, especially if you resell a bit of stuff on the market. Demos also have the advantage to be able to sell down.

Dansteve902 Game profile

Aug 19th 2014, 12:15:36

Furious999 Game profile

Aug 19th 2014, 12:50:08

Try both and report back.

Mac1248 Game profile

Aug 20th 2014, 5:26:20

Fascist need less food and have 2 turns per battle to their advantage but the democratic government management form has market commission breaks and tech advantages but disadvantages because of 3 turns per battle move...they differ in turns and bonuses such that you could use less farms and more buildings but buildings are vulnerable to tank artillery attacks...all in all a farmer that uses a democratic government fairs better in odds than a fascist government type because only of building vulnerability...a fascist needs buildings more than a farmer...the farmer needs to retaliate less, the fascist needs to have emergency operating capital an food on hand and looses power more when tech and other buildings are destroyed or captured...Democratic farming is more strategic than fascist farmers because only of vulnerable buildings needed to engage in battle...!!! :) LOL

currydubs Game profile

Aug 20th 2014, 6:13:38

^ Impeccable logic

Furious999 Game profile

Aug 20th 2014, 9:12:38

I suspect the decisive factors may have little or nothing to do with the intrinsic nature of the two governments but rather are to do with the player. By which I mean that a player with as much time to devote to the game as they like and the temperament to spend long hours over it can camp the market and make good use of the democracy's nil commission. Similarly some players have a good feel for market trading while others are better suited to finding good landgrab targets or the diplomatic aspects of the game.