Verified:

aponic Game profile

Aug 17th 2014, 15:13:39

Dear Ivan,

You called my personal cell phone number that is only listed in the SOF site and is made available only to SOF members. When we spoke, I assumed it was as old comrades who had played together for many years. I answered and spoke genuinely with you but your intentions were to record me without my knowledge and to post it on the boards for the entire community. To all of you in MD, SOL, and other alliances that have had bad relations with SOF in the past, you have accused SOF of being petty. I say to you now, with spit on my face, that you are as sly and underhanded as what you accuse SOF of. There are few leaders in the entire game that remain honorable. The war declaration posted by Ivan shows that he, like most leaders still playing, will burn any bridge simply to slight the other side. There is no comradery left even among old freinds. I will be quitting at the end of this set. It is clear that the feud among the remaining alliances in this game will continue under petty, short-sighted leaders on all sides.

If you don't value the friendships you have made in this game over the long, long time that we have all played, then you really do not have any reason to continue playing either.

Ivan: you owe me a personal apology.

Best,
aponic
SOF
Cerevisi

mrford Game profile

Aug 17th 2014, 15:16:46

nevermind

Edited By: mrford on Aug 17th 2014, 16:15:39
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Ivan Game profile

Aug 17th 2014, 15:31:45

Not sure how you can remember that ford since you werent there and i said on irc its still standing right nere next to me feel free to come fetch it tho

Alin Game profile

Aug 17th 2014, 15:33:23

to be honest i did not see anything wrong with that convo. Something to be that bad in order to receive such things.

Just a convo btw two friends that now are enemies.

Ivan Game profile

Aug 17th 2014, 15:34:39

As for our conversation it was a conversation between old comrades if you actually listened to the conversation its been LARGELY edited and this " It is clear that the feud among the remaining alliances in this game will continue under petty, short-sighted leaders on all sides." is the only reason I came back to play this set and will be leaving again soon

that is all

/Ivan

Taveren Game profile

Aug 17th 2014, 16:00:04

I've removed the conversation as per your wishes though it did cast you in an incredibly positive light. Most of MD was pleasantly surprised with your kind and friendly tone during the conversation. I apologize for the misuse of the material.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Skype: som3thingclassy

Alin Game profile

Aug 17th 2014, 16:15:07

people in md hold you in high regards aponic - just as you know. No one spits on you.

<- not even this spiter

mrford Game profile

Aug 17th 2014, 16:16:13

i think it was more the fact that the convo was unknowingly recorded and used for political gain, than the actual content.

it is illegal in some countries for a reason

regardless, apo is a good person, and one of the most honorable left in the game. shame this was done to him and he feels this way about it.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Alin Game profile

Aug 17th 2014, 16:23:21

ford this is a game where some bad stuff happend. when you put yourself a telephone number to wall or whatever other reason - you take a risk. When you tell people in this game details about yourself you take risks ( you know that already).

I have been my self called @ 4 am from unknown "outside of my country" numbers. More than once.

aponic is overreacting a little in my opinion.

mrford Game profile

Aug 17th 2014, 16:36:00

I understand your point, but there is a certain trust you put in people with that number, and people you feel are friends. Apo feels that trust was violated, not by the call itself, but the recording and use of said recording.

I have had people call my number without permission a few times, one even cussed out my wife. Granted, that isn't what happened here, but he feels a line was crossed and a betrayal was made.

Not the call, but the aftermath of the call. Right or wrong it's how he feels.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Boltar Game profile

Aug 17th 2014, 16:43:51

50/50 - a little over reacting, but also shouldnt record without knowledge. 2 wrongs dont make a right, apologize and have a chat about old times for old times sake and be well again

GodHead Dibs Game profile

Aug 17th 2014, 17:32:17

Originally posted by aponic:
Dear Ivan,

You called my personal cell phone number that is only listed in the SOF site and is made available only to SOF members. When we spoke, I assumed it was as old comrades who had played together for many years. I answered and spoke genuinely with you but your intentions were to record me without my knowledge and to post it on the boards for the entire community. To all of you in MD, SOL, and other alliances that have had bad relations with SOF in the past, you have accused SOF of being petty. I say to you now, with spit on my face, that you are as sly and underhanded as what you accuse SOF of. There are few leaders in the entire game that remain honorable. The war declaration posted by Ivan shows that he, like most leaders still playing, will burn any bridge simply to slight the other side. There is no comradery left even among old freinds. I will be quitting at the end of this set. It is clear that the feud among the remaining alliances in this game will continue under petty, short-sighted leaders on all sides.

If you don't value the friendships you have made in this game over the long, long time that we have all played, then you really do not have any reason to continue playing either.

Ivan: you owe me a personal apology.

Best,
aponic

take a number and wait until it's called just like the rest of us, Mr. Disillusioned One.
Dibs Ludicrous was here.

Ivan Game profile

Aug 17th 2014, 17:58:03

Aponic is right, I should have let him know before that the conversation would be recorded
my sincerest apology aponic ive tried to call you a few times to apologize in person but I understand if you dont want to talk to me either way I wish you the best of luck in the future in game and outside of the game

And if you ever do wanna chat, drop me a call

Ivan
Head of War
Moral Decay

Syko_Killa Game profile

Aug 17th 2014, 18:38:01

Well I have to say that sometimes you must record people in order to show all parties what was said. I recorded a meeting I had recently, because it had legal implications. The thing about recording people is that it is only illegal to use inside a courtroom unless at least one of the parties involved new they were being recorded. In this case Ivan new about it so their was no wrong legally, but yes it is pretty F'ed up to record a supposed friend and than post the conversation.

Ivan I think you need to do a live video chat and record yourself apologizing to aponic and post it on here for all too see. That would suffice, and if aponic still leaves the game after that, than he is just a big baby.
Do as I say, not as I do.

Trife Game profile

Aug 17th 2014, 18:39:27

the judge judy in me wonders what the recording laws are where ivan and aponic live.

Hardy Game profile

Aug 17th 2014, 18:54:36

Originally posted by Boltar:
50/50 - a little over reacting, but also shouldnt record without knowledge. 2 wrongs dont make a right, apologize and have a chat about old times for old times sake and be well again

*kicks boltard.. <3 you

Ivan Game profile

Aug 17th 2014, 19:08:28

Trife that doesnt really matter as I wasnt the one who recorded the conversation nor was I the one who posted the conversation and dont think its illegal anywhere to talk on a phone

GodHead Dibs Game profile

Aug 17th 2014, 19:20:50

Originally posted by Trife:
the judge judy in me wonders what the recording laws are where ivan and aponic live.

the Judge Judy in me wonders if she broadcasts her power struggles with the hammering of the gavel on the internets, or if i have to pay real money to see her struggle with it in private.
Dibs Ludicrous was here.

iccyh Game profile

Aug 17th 2014, 19:22:15

aponic: did you know you're the person I've known longest online?

I think I may have mentioned this once before, but it has been over 15 years since we were in DDF together or something like that. It has always been damn cool to be able to catch up with you when I've popped my head back into earth every so often, and if this is the end for you here, I wish you all the best as you're damn awesome and deserve the best.

aponic Game profile

Aug 17th 2014, 19:24:32

Thanks for the apology Ivan. I was just upset when I saw that I had been recorded.

See you all on the battlefield.
SOF
Cerevisi

aponic Game profile

Aug 17th 2014, 19:26:00

Hope to catch up with you soon clappy~

You are arguably the longest friend I have had in the game as well :)
SOF
Cerevisi

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Aug 17th 2014, 19:32:02

wow I've met both apo and icky irl but many years apart.. it's part of the circle of ummm something:P
you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

Ruthie

Aug 17th 2014, 20:35:23

circle of no lives?

lol
just kidding :P

~Ruthless~
Ragnaroks EEVIL Lady

hplar29 Game profile

Aug 17th 2014, 22:56:45

hi

ddog Game profile

Aug 17th 2014, 23:09:10

lets all be honest....No one could understand what Ivan was saying half the time and aponic sounded like someone we want to be friends with.

RLenga MD Game profile

Aug 17th 2014, 23:16:07

The call was done all in good fun, and actually you gained alot of respect from md from that conversation. But with this post and running to your mommy this afternoon.......

Taveren Game profile

Aug 17th 2014, 23:57:29

I can certainly empathize with how making a personal conversation public might upset someone, but I hardly see how this comes close to qualifying as defamation or false light. Federal (US) law requires that one participant in the conversation consent to recording and we can assume Ivan did. The conversation was also edited to avoid revealing any personal information including something as small as Aponic's first name. It's an international call. There were hardly any damages. What legal precedent is there?

And what makes the sharing of this conversation significantly different than sharing private logs or private messages?

Edited By: Taveren on Aug 18th 2014, 0:08:27. Reason: Some expanded info
See Original Post
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Skype: som3thingclassy

Eric172 Game profile

Aug 18th 2014, 0:04:02

Was anything important said in the call?

RLenga MD Game profile

Aug 18th 2014, 0:10:18

only that SOF countries builds were "fruit salads" ?

Goofy Game profile

Aug 18th 2014, 1:11:03

Not sure of the legality of it, but it was still pretty lousy to do. Glad to see all are happy with the apologies and we can all have fun again.

*bonus*

MauricXe Game profile

Aug 18th 2014, 3:30:25

who cares about the legal issues lol.....let's keep the light where it belongs...trust/betrayal/etc.

Jayr Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 18th 2014, 3:52:50

BIG BOOTY JUDY
BIG BOOTY JUDY
BIG BOOTY JUDY
wasn't me...

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 18th 2014, 3:58:36

Originally posted by Jayr:
BIG BOOTY JUDY
BIG BOOTY JUDY
BIG BOOTY JUDY

I haven't seen it :-(
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Boltar Game profile

Aug 18th 2014, 5:00:01

Originally posted by martian:
wow I've met both apo and icky irl but many years apart.. it's part of the circle of ummm something:P

im gunna go with circle jerk ;)

and hello Hard-on (Hardy)

locket Game profile

Aug 18th 2014, 6:05:26

Lame move guys.

bertz Game profile

Aug 18th 2014, 9:25:36

Still not a good idea to record calls. Good thing he accepted the apology

Bombay Game profile

Aug 18th 2014, 12:58:30

I didn't see the need for this phone conversation , Sorry Aponic that isn't cool.

Trife Game profile

Aug 18th 2014, 14:40:36

Originally posted by Ivan:

dont think its illegal anywhere to talk on a phone

i never claimed that it was.. however in some parts of the world, recording telephone conversations is illegal

Ivan Game profile

Aug 18th 2014, 18:38:57

Like i said i personally wasnt recording it so it still doesnt affect me, and in some parts of the world its illegal to climb a flagpole and pee from it and in other parts its legal to shoot arrows on scottish people from the citywall

A part of china has a new law where its illegal to ride the bus if you have a beard

that is all

Suncrusher Game profile

Aug 18th 2014, 18:46:49

you guys all missed the main points from the video

1. ivan and aponic seem like classy fellows
2. i've been pronouncing ivan wrong all this time
3. we've all been pronouncing moral decay wrong too

Kalick Game profile

Aug 18th 2014, 18:49:58

Originally posted by Suncrusher:

Maybe Ivan has been pronouncing his name wrong this whole time.

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Aug 18th 2014, 20:42:33

Originally posted by Kalick:

Maybe Ivan has been pronouncing his name wrong this whole time.

This

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

Boltar Game profile

Aug 18th 2014, 21:02:15

yea, it kinda sounded like he said evane. which is almost like Egon (RiP harold ramis)

Trife Game profile

Aug 18th 2014, 21:11:54

ivans that pronounce
Originally posted by Ivan:

Like i said i personally wasnt recording it so it still doesnt affect me, and in some parts of the world its illegal to climb a flagpole and pee from it and in other parts its legal to shoot arrows on scottish people from the citywall

A part of china has a new law where its illegal to ride the bus if you have a beard

that is all

yeah but those places aren't important

remember the only places that matter are the united states

maybe canada on a good day

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Aug 18th 2014, 21:13:04

Q: why is Ivan in MD and not SoF to begin with?

I haven't been paying much attention lately.
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

mdevol Game profile

Aug 18th 2014, 22:12:37

Originally posted by Pang:
Q: why is Ivan in MD and not SoF to begin with?

I haven't been paying much attention lately.

I hope you are prepared to shut this thread down with questions like that....it is going to get ugly soon.
Surely what a man does when he is caught off his guard is the best evidence as to what sort of man he is. - C.S. Lewis

mrford Game profile

Aug 18th 2014, 22:14:18

Ivan and SoF split on not so good terms a long time ago
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Boltar Game profile

Aug 18th 2014, 22:35:47

2 yrs ago roughly pang.. been a yr since i was in sof myself.. u been spending too much time with the gf in the graveyard..

Alin Game profile

Aug 18th 2014, 23:21:36

Q2: Why is Boltar everywhere else and not in Sof too? HA!

locket Game profile

Aug 19th 2014, 0:14:31

Ivan is not classy