Verified:

Marshal Game profile

Jul 24th 2014, 10:28:37

2 earthquakes which destroy ~600 buildings total inside 10 turns after 1st rebuild isn't nice and bit against normal luck.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

zerozerozero Game profile

Jul 28th 2014, 3:40:50

call the second one an aftershock then :p

Boltar Game profile

Jul 28th 2014, 16:18:27

Originally posted by zerozerozero:
call the second one an aftershock then :p

+ infinity.. best answer i ever heard... and u responded to him in language he can understand and would have spoke if it had not happened to him

Marshal Game profile

Jul 28th 2014, 20:43:45

i have gotten enuf earthquakes past few days to demolish 1k buildings.

juice Game profile

Jul 29th 2014, 14:59:29

I've got 16% luck and had two earthquakes within 20 turns that destroyed 279 buildings. Apparently the 16% luck can be "bad" luck?

Marshal Game profile

Jul 29th 2014, 16:07:22

investing luck you get more positive booms and less neg booms and more land on explores etc, it doesn't prevent all neg happenings (unless gets it to 100% but that's not possible outside test server).

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 29th 2014, 22:01:26

I've noticed one thing about this game, if you have a building rate higher than 65 BPT, you get an increased number of earthquakes, what is your BPT?
I don't need anger management, people need to stop pissing me off!

juice Game profile

Jul 29th 2014, 22:32:12

I'm a dict with 35 bpt and if 16% luck means less neg happenings, and 2 earthquakes = these less happenings, then how many earthquakes should i get with 0 luck? 5? 6?

Marshal Game profile

Jul 30th 2014, 11:15:45

i got 100 bpt and ~15 bpt and even those with ~15 bpt have gotten earthquakes lately (small 1s due not that much buildings).

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 4th 2014, 19:06:12

I had 2 in 166 turns of batch exploring lol
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

midevil.chaos Game profile

Aug 13th 2014, 22:30:51

Speak about bad luck :(

blid

EE Patron

Aug 17th 2014, 14:05:20

Earthquakes late game can be terrible. There's times it's not even worth rebuilding, you can lose thousands...
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

cyref Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 26th 2014, 16:39:21

I posted this a few days ago on the page 5 of the Primary Talk thread for the current set, which ends in about 8 days:

http://www.earthempires.com/...359-thread-32194/5#595434

Originally posted by cyref:
Three days ago I hit the cash button for 10 turns and got two quakes.
I was so disgusted I just stopped playing turns.

The next day I rebuilt the land, and on the fifth cashing turn after that got another quake.

Can't we at least get quakes disabled for the 2nd half of a set?

The powers-that-be should take a look at that page. There's a lot of players there in contention for top ranks, getting hit by earthquakes multiple times with huge, expensive losses..
Now you might say it's fair, because everyone has the same risk. But if you think about it, it's not. Random does not necessarily equal fair. And if it happens to you, it's really demoralizing.

You have skilled players that have worked hard at competing for a good final rank for nearly two months and it doesn't make sense that the final standings will depend on who suffers the least amount of earthquakes during the endgame. In a past era, prior to escalating building costs, quakes were nowhere near as harmful in the late game as they are now.

Please, if you insist on keeping quakes part of the game (I don't know why) could you at least deactivate them in the second half of a set?
👽

Xinhuan Game profile

Aug 26th 2014, 17:39:44

I'm not going to repeat myself, so I'll just link to what I posted before about earthquakes.

http://www.earthempires.com/forum/post/385379/perm (in 2012)
http://www.earthempires.com/forum/post/483813/perm (in 2013)

crest23 Game profile

Aug 26th 2014, 18:41:18

I pucker up these days when running turns cause I don't want an earthquake to occur.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

crest23 Game profile

Aug 26th 2014, 18:41:21

The Nigerian Nightmare.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 26th 2014, 19:12:34

Perhaps EE is responsible for the Napa quakes...

,,l,, (-_-)
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Marshal Game profile

Aug 26th 2014, 19:42:26

i got today few eqs in ffa, no biggies total only ~3-400 buildings but still got bit angry since i needed to calc what's half of x when y has been reducted and then how much building a needs to be built more that both a and b have same amount (as a casher, farmer and techer have easier since only 2 type of buildings to be built unless quake hits on cs's too).

Trife Game profile

Aug 26th 2014, 20:06:09

if you are going to stop EQ's from happening the second half of the set, you also need to disable the booms as well

heck, since we're hating on the RNG, might as well cease missile generation the second half of the reset

blid

EE Patron

Aug 26th 2014, 20:58:06

trife, it's not just that it's random, it's that earthquakes are just a random negative (with no positive offset) which cost 1m networth each late set on big countries. it's a stupid "feature" that adds nothing of value. there is no reason for earthquakes to exist in this game period
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

blid

EE Patron

Aug 26th 2014, 20:59:02

beautiful little strawman, but seriously, don't do it again.

LATC Game profile

Aug 30th 2014, 0:54:10

Another problem is that it doesn't affect everyone vying for a top spot equally and it compounds. For example in the past few days in primary blid's lost 3000 bldgs. to EQ's, I've only lost 800. That's a pretty huge difference in the last 2 weeks of a reset given how tight top 10's NW's are to each other.

Booms/Unbooms affect 1 turn whereas after an EQ you have to either rebuild it and lose out on X # of turns cashing/teching or leave them unbuilt which affects EVERY turn until the end of the reset.
Originally posted by Xinhuan:
Are you guys stupid or what?

blid

EE Patron

Aug 30th 2014, 1:12:21

things are getting pretty real on the ground here and it's only so long until tensions boil over

the people are going to rise up and rebel.

blid

EE Patron

Sep 5th 2014, 2:36:20

HEADS WILL ROLL

Xinhuan Game profile

Sep 5th 2014, 3:54:17

Originally posted by blid:
HEADS WILL ROLL

More like buildings will roll.

Marshal Game profile

Sep 5th 2014, 15:00:45

Originally posted by Xinhuan:
Originally posted by blid:
HEADS WILL ROLL

More like buildings will roll.

correction: blid's buildings will roll. :P

cyref Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 8th 2014, 0:34:33

Three quakes within about 30 turns with 8 days left on the team server

I hope the game devs don't change a thing. I really enjoy spending my time meticulously employing various strategies over three fourths of a set trying to gain an edge on the competition, and then having completely meaningless random events negate my efforts. It's a nice break from driving railroad spikes into my sinuses.

what?
👽

blid

EE Patron

Sep 8th 2014, 1:38:10

Yeah!!! YEAH!!! Grab the pitchforks!