I say not.

Discuss.
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

Buch Game profile

Aug 12th 2014, 20:38:51

Not

Never get out of your car (unless on fire) that's the rules they tell you that at pit meetings before race

Black suit black dirt night time a lot of dort tracks are not well light it was his own fault for getting out of his car and walking down the track

flgatorboy89 Game profile

Aug 12th 2014, 20:41:00

Non intentional.
Jon
ZT, SoL

<jon> off to bed fluffbeater :p
<mrford> i dont beat fluffs
<mrford> i eat them
<mrford> gosh
<jon> well, fluffeater
<Kat> oookay....

ninong Game profile

Aug 12th 2014, 20:50:27

non intentional but he prolly wanted to scare the guy as well
ninong, formerly Johnny Demonic
IX

Trife Game profile

Aug 12th 2014, 20:54:31

if only that redneck race car fellow had a gun, then he could've defended himself!

hawkeyee Game profile

Aug 12th 2014, 20:59:41

No idea. I wouldn't put it past Stewart to have tried to swerve toward him just to scare him but lost control and clip him. Either way it'll never been proven one way or another, and Stewart will continue making millions.
Minister
The Omega
Omega Retal Policy/Contacts: http://tinyurl.com/owpvakm (Earth Wiki)
Apply: http://tinyurl.com/mydc8by (Boxcar)

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 12th 2014, 21:30:58

Originally posted by hawkeyee:
Stewart will continue making millions.

Libtard detected!

Since when is making money a crime?, you sure make it seem as so..
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

mrford Game profile

Aug 12th 2014, 23:02:54

It was unintentional. What is the motive? If Tony was going to snap and kill someone he would of done it in much more intense conflicts he had had in the past.

The track was dimly lit, the victim was in a black safety suit, and the track was muddier than usual. Some whiteness say that Tony gunned it right before he hit the kid, and i agree. If anyone here knows anything about Sprint cars, you steer with the back wheels as much as the front. It is entirely possible he tried to avoid the kid at the last minute but it was too late and the track was to slick.

I will accept that it is possible that tony was trying to scare the kid, but it just doesn't seem likely. Tony Sprint races all the time, this wasn't even a major confrontation, and i dont think they have any past beef.

Another point, the kid shouldn't of gotten out of the car, period. I know a lot of drivers do it, but that doesn't make it safe. Once you exit your car, you immediately void every single safety feature the sanctioning body has required to keep the driver safe. Once you step out onto that track you take your life into your own hands.

It was a poor decision under poor circumstances that ended in a freak tragedy. No criminal charges should be filed, but i suspect a civil suit will be settled out of court.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

mrford Game profile

Aug 12th 2014, 23:10:32

In addition, Tony was born in Indiana and cut his teeth in open wheeled dirt track racing working his way up to the Indy Car series, coming close to winning a championship there before transitioning over to NASCAR.

i dont claim him as a redneck!

edit: but he is a good person. he owns a dirt track called Eldora i believe and every year has massive charity races there where popular drivers all race in the same heats. He is a good person, but does have a temper.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eldora_Speedway

has raised millions for charity

Edited By: mrford on Aug 12th 2014, 23:13:55
See Original Post
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

mdevol Game profile

Aug 12th 2014, 23:15:16

No idea. I wouldn't put it past Stewart to have tried to swerve toward him just to scare him but lost control and clip him. Either way it'll never been proven one way or another, and Stewart will continue making millions.

It will be hilarious when you come posting about how hillary should be president in a couple years as if her and her husbands hands are clean...
Surely what a man does when he is caught off his guard is the best evidence as to what sort of man he is. - C.S. Lewis

Makolyte Game profile

Aug 12th 2014, 23:24:16

Oh fluff, I forgot that happened. Can't we just let it go already? The guy needs to be left alone so he can turn left really fast.
--------------------------------------------
Alliance: VP of Death Knights
FFA: XI warrior

braden Game profile

Aug 12th 2014, 23:26:52

invest in cattle futures!

mrford Game profile

Aug 12th 2014, 23:30:51

Originally posted by Makolyte:
Oh fluff, I forgot that happened. Can't we just let it go already? The guy needs to be left alone so he can turn left really fast.

i think he needs to make a decision if he wants to stay in the Sprint Cup series with the big boys, or retire, run the teams he owns, and race dirt track for fun. This is the 2nd year in a row an incident on the dirt track has affected him in the top NASCAR series. Last year a nasty broken leg from a dirt track crash sidelined him for the last half of the season.

It isnt like he will be fired, he owns the car he drives, but it isnt exactly fair to his fans that he keeps missing races due to dirt track incidents. In other sports there are contractual obligations preventing moonlighting in lesser leagues. Has never been the case in Motorsport,where the risk for injury is clearly there.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

braden Game profile

Aug 12th 2014, 23:41:43

would you want the contractual obligation to be with the team or with nascar itself?

if richard petty, for example, wanted to do this with his drivers would he be allowed to now?

mrford Game profile

Aug 12th 2014, 23:44:31

i didnt mean there needed to be a requirement, more making an example.

i think if a pattern of conflict between the series arises, like Tony, than a decision might need to be made.

really it all comes down to money. If you can afford to let someone else drive your car for X number of races a year and your sponsors are on with it, then no harm no foul. but i guarantee you last year Tony's sponsors were not happy a 2nd rate driver was driving the car they paid millions to advertise on.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

hawkeyee Game profile

Aug 13th 2014, 0:08:26

Originally posted by KoHeartsGPA:
Stewart will continue making millions.

Libtard detected!

Since when is making money a crime?, you sure make it seem as so..

Making money isn't a crime. When did I say it was? I just stated a fact. You made an inference that wasn't there.
Minister
The Omega

hawkeyee Game profile

Aug 13th 2014, 0:09:21

Originally posted by mdevol:

It will be hilarious when you come posting about how hillary should be president in a couple years as if her and her husbands hands are clean...

Huh? Where the hell are you guys getting this from?
Minister
The Omega

Trife Game profile

Aug 13th 2014, 0:35:21

they're slightly herpyderpy hawkeyee, pay no mind to them

Arkuss Game profile

Aug 13th 2014, 0:45:28

Intended to spray mud at him with the back tire not to run him over. The young kid shouldn't have gotten out of his car but putting all the blame on him isn't fair. Tony Stewart is a professional driver and has been in NASCAR for what 10-15+ years now? He could have easily avoided him if he chose to. Two people with road rage and the outcome was fatal. Tony Steward should have been an adult and just drove by not try to side swipe the dirt road onto him after taking the him out of the race to begin with. If Stewart doesn't receive harsh penalties then it goes to further prove that celebs can get away with a whole lot more than other people. If Tony Stewart was just another 20 yr old kid that ended up killing someone on the track his career would have probably ended right there and then. Also, shame on Tony Stewart for wanting to race the very next day in NASCAR. "Business as usual" You just killed someone you pos.

elvesrus

Aug 13th 2014, 1:30:04

if he was just another 20 year old kid he'd probably be devastated and never want to drive again at all. the "business as usual" was just in case he could mentally cope with the incident well enough to race, and was the rest of managements call from what I've read. as is he's missing at least one more nascar race in addition to pulling out of the sprint car race he was scheduled for, and who knows if/when he'll drive competitively again.
Originally posted by crest23:
Elves is a douche on every server.

mrford Game profile

Aug 13th 2014, 1:30:35

i dont understand why you are so filled with hatred and convinced Tony was trying to showboat.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Buch Game profile

Aug 13th 2014, 3:05:14

Because he understands nothing of dirt track racing........

They don't know how to turn a sprint car quickly to do so you have to hammer the gas they are not like your car at home or a NASCAR you steer with the accelerator

Guy shouldn't have been on the track its 100% his fault

He would be 100% alive if is ass stayed in the car where by rules he has to stay

mrford Game profile

Aug 13th 2014, 3:10:39

exactly
Swagger of a Chupacabra

iScode Game profile

Aug 13th 2014, 6:06:37

well as someone who attends sprint care regularly here in NZ (not sure if you guys knew it but NZ is quite good at it, not me personally, i cant drive for fluff on the roads let a lone a track) I completely agree, not his fault, he shouldnt be charged the kid should not of got out of the car.
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

Makolyte Game profile

Aug 13th 2014, 11:13:59

Originally posted by Buch:

He would be 100% alive if is ass stayed in the car where by rules he has to stay

I admittedly am ignorant about racing, so I will defer to people who know about it. In this case its been said that getting out of your car is against the rules (and common sense?) because it's extremely dangerous to do so. Therefore, since the kid put himself in danger I would have to agree that Tony is innocent. Racing is inherently dangerous, and when you make the choice to participate you are accepting those risks.

If I were Tony I would be very shook up right now. I would take off some time, but I would not quit racing. He should not have to give up his career just because a guy endangered himself and ended up dead.

Alliance: VP of Death Knights
FFA: XI warrior

braden Game profile

Aug 13th 2014, 12:42:10

the comparison i enjoyed most was if it were archery buddy would've stepped in front of the arrow

Akula Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 13th 2014, 12:44:47

They don't know how to turn a sprint car quickly to do so you have to hammer the gas they are not like your car at home or a NASCAR you steer with the accelerator

direct drive
=============================
"Astra inclinant, sed non obligant"

SOL http://sol.ghqnet.com/
=============================

archaic Game profile

Aug 13th 2014, 16:58:09

One does not simply walk onto a dirt track.
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

Taveren Game profile

Aug 13th 2014, 23:27:37

NEVER EXIT YOUR VEHICLE WHEN THERE ARE CARS ON THE TRACK! RULE #1
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Skype: som3thingclassy

Angel1 Game profile

Aug 14th 2014, 0:18:49

This is why Nascar Drivers throw their helmets at other people's cars when they're angry. Let the helmet get hit by the car...while you stay well away.

I saw in my local paper that Tony Stewart might get charged on recklessness grounds or that a prosecutor might want to let a jury decide. If the other evidence and videos are consistent with the evidence and video that the public has access to right now, then the recklessness and negligence was on Kevin Ward Jr.'s part. I don't see charges in the evidence the public has.
-Angel1

iScode Game profile

Aug 14th 2014, 5:25:38

I dont see how they could let a jury decide unless they were all sprint car drivers, otherwise they have no knowledge of what its like to drive a sprint car...
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

mrford Game profile

Aug 14th 2014, 15:06:26

That is what expert witnesses are for. You cant get a panel of experts for every trial in the United states bro.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

elvesrus

Aug 14th 2014, 15:58:49

Apple vs Samsung in the 9th district under judge Koh is why juries should be real peers in the profession
Originally posted by crest23:
Elves is a douche on every server.

mrford Game profile

Aug 14th 2014, 16:10:15

It would be ideal, but not practical. Have you ever seen jury selection? It would be almost impossible in some cases where the pool of experts is so small that unbiased opinions are impossible.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Suni Game profile

Aug 15th 2014, 11:41:40

Redneck race fellow? Oh Scode, you know better than that ;)

Stewart has pulled out of the Michigan race this weekend, just an update ;)

GodHead Dibs Game profile

Aug 15th 2014, 16:04:21

um, don't run around a racetrack shooting your mouth off at the other idiots who are still in their cars trying to win a race, moron dead beat hippie liberal mouthed deadmeat, err, deadbeat driver.
Dibs Ludicrous was here.

ddog Game profile

Aug 15th 2014, 18:54:42

That was intense, just watched it....

Bombay Game profile

Aug 15th 2014, 19:13:15

Personal opinion, based on the facts and what other experts out there say on how you operate those cars and the vision you have, not to mention the driver infront of him saying he barely saw the guy and got lucky he missed him.

All that being said, I think it was just a accident, guy ran into stewarts oncoming car.