Verified:

PimpThang

Aug 27th 2010, 19:47:23

I am shocked! SOL is really winning this thing. I though the member and land advantage would turn things to LAFs side (who i am still rooting for) but it seems SOL is serious about winning this war. Congrats SOL for a great war performance so far. LAF, you got some work to do. Don't let me down.

Makinso Game profile

Aug 27th 2010, 19:55:10

This war is far from over yet PimpThang. But thank you for the compliment

Me and SOLs other 5 leaders have really gone over SOLs issues since last set and did everything to improve. So far it's showing and we're glad to see it does. I'm very happy with SOLs current performance though as are most of us.

Makinso,
-SOL Commander

SolidSnake Game profile

Aug 27th 2010, 19:56:04

land advantage doesnt mean anything when laf's land was all farmer/casher, which are strats seriously lacking in a war this early

while sol is almost 100% techer prep'ing for war all reset, a 10k techer outproduces a 14k farmer quite easily.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Aug 27th 2010, 20:10:54

ya, this war was definitely to sol's advantage... blindsiding someone at a time of their choosing against an opponent who was focused on other things at the time.

I didn't even know we had outstanding issues with SoL... I was under the impression we were still friends (which was the last thing Maki said to me re: LaF+SoL)

we'll see how it turns out
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

AxAlar Game profile

Aug 27th 2010, 20:11:11

LaF knew it was going to war this set. If they all chose to go farmer and casher heavy, thats a strategic flaw.

Members advantage should have this won easy, but it looks like LaF is having a bit of trouble coordinating strikes back at SoL, at least not to the point I expected.
-AxA
Mercenary for Hire
AIM: I The Brandon
MSN:

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Aug 27th 2010, 20:13:53

Originally posted by AxAlar:
LaF knew it was going to war this set. If they all chose to go farmer and casher heavy, thats a strategic flaw.

we go into every set expecting to net... it was just unfortunate two of our DP's decided to drop our pact this set, spending a few weeks fluffing around with pacts to keep us from making a decision about war.

the mistake won't be mad again :p
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

mrford Game profile

Aug 27th 2010, 20:17:42

Whenever a dp fully drops a pact

you are going to war. That's FA 101
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

NukEvil Game profile

Aug 27th 2010, 20:24:56

Don't forget, LaF still has Elysium's mighty war machine to worry about as well...
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

Deerhunter Game profile

Aug 27th 2010, 20:26:41

Mrford does seem to have a valid point there. At least this will be a real good war- so long as no one jumps in. I hope we can both slug this one out uninterrupted. Will be best fought war ive been in i think.
Ya, tho i walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I shall fear no retals,
Cause i have the biggest, baddest, and toughest country in the valley!

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Aug 27th 2010, 20:31:21

Originally posted by mrford:
Whenever a dp fully drops a pact

you are going to war. That's FA 101

the pact wasn't dropped -- just delayed signing, or at least that was how it was presented. We didn't think much of it until about a week or two into the set when it became obvious that it was not just slow FR's at work :p

We have supported both alliances over the last several sets, so we saw no reason as to why they wouldn't want to renew... had we have known their true intentions up front, the planning for this set would have gone much differently inside LaF :p

like I said, it's a mistake I know I won't make again :)
not that it's my job to watch for that or anything... :p

Edited By: Pang on Aug 27th 2010, 20:35:26
See Original Post
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

AxAlar Game profile

Aug 27th 2010, 20:42:29

I like how you make it sound like Collab had some part in this or that Collab did this to you pang.

I talked to several LaF heads and told them we'd only do a friendly with LAF. If you're too paranoid to believe that, that's fine.

Fact is we dropped 5 DPs this set. Funny enough, we still maintain relations with all of them, don't have hostilities towards them and four of them aren't paranoid that we're going to war them (LaF was the 5th).

From day 10 I talked to LaF leaders who said you guys were gearing to war one way or another. You're starting to spin like Dagga, pang.
-AxA
Mercenary for Hire
MSN:

TAN Game profile

Aug 27th 2010, 20:45:57

Originally posted by Pang:
we go into every set expecting to net...

that's where your mistake is.

you piss off a dozen different alliances every set and go into denial how those alliances have no reason to be upset, and LaF never does anything wrong.

and you expect to net every set?

i mean wtf. it's time to move on to the next step: acceptance.
FREEEEEDOM!!!

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Aug 27th 2010, 21:05:54

it's entirely possible that some leaders were expecting more war by day 10...
it was around week 2/3ish that it became more plausible that war would be big, rather than small... but still not a huge chance, based on continued friendly relations with the only two alliances that would be able to severely hurt is if they got an FS in we weren't expecting :p

I don't think I'm spinning anything.... things will play out ingame, and this is a good war regardless of the path that lead us here, both for the alliances involved and for the server in general. It's forced us to up our war-oriented game again, and it's brought back half a dozen old vets already, and I'm optimistic it'll bring back more :)

and tan -> I should qualify that a bit more... we go into every set expecting to net when we expect the pact situation to allow it.
it only became clear that the pact situation wasn't what we expected after a week or so into the set

these aren't excuses, just making a few points about the political situation going into this set. :p
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

AxAlar Game profile

Aug 27th 2010, 21:30:58

^ Better post.

Makes up for whatever you said on the boards the other day that made me think you were an asshole again. ;p

+5 Respect
-AxA
Mercenary for Hire
MSN:

PraetorNLS Game profile

Aug 27th 2010, 21:50:15

Pang, i know LaF has been paranoid about us wanting to hit you for sets.

I have told LaF countless times, that they did not have to worry, that i thought we had a good tone and was getting along good, well, if you diregard that you never trusted us but yeah.

I will tell you again, I as 1 of SOLs 2 REDs, did not have any plan/intention/desire to war LaF.

Bart, beeing SOLs other RED did not either.

Now seeing that makes everyone that makes SOLs descisions, i can truthfully confirm that it was at stated above, not any plans/thoughts/intentions/etc/whatsoever to hit/FS/get into a war with LaF.

However, as the set went by, LaF started LGing us, and you refused to accept our retal policy, mind you, we and I , have for countless sets accepted your pact terms, even L:L, much to my dismany, we have even signed 200% L:L with you in the old server, against our belives, just to keep you as an ally(we dont grab allies, so what do really pact terms retal-wise have to say but thats another discussion)

Your FRs were unwilling to come to a solution, and keept your pattern, and even RoRed us for legit retals.

So your accusations about us delaying anything is groundless.

If you do not want to belive that, well, what can i do, this is the truth, and all there is to it.

We have warred you over policys before, and now we are again.

It seems you think you can take advantage of SOL, just because our numbers have dropped, well, this is our answer.

You live by the sword, die by the sword.

Regards and good luck in war.

Praetor
SOL Head of FR

Praetor - disqualified from the human race for being three laps ahead in the second round.

Vinag Game profile

Aug 27th 2010, 22:39:08

Love ur stance Praetor. I am rooting anything that moves for SOL.

LaF has got too fluffy again lately and need to be put in their place, I hope u guys maintain the tempo and do just that.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Aug 27th 2010, 22:54:50

Originally posted by PraetorNLS:
Your FRs were unwilling to come to a solution, and keept your pattern, and even RoRed us for legit retals.

Originally posted by PraetorNLS:

It seems you think you can take advantage of SOL, just because our numbers have dropped, well, this is our answer.

I can honestly say, as someone with complete access in LaF, that was not how it was perceived in LaF. There were issues, but we didn't feel they were moving in the direction of war or that there was an "attempt to take advantage of SoL, just because [their] numbers dropped."

That's fine if that's your stance, but I'm afraid will be in a situation where we'll have to agree to disagree. We thought there weren't any big problems... certainly nothing worth starting a war over issues :p
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

PimpThang

Aug 27th 2010, 23:20:54

WOW, i never expected to see so many heads reply to this thread. I must say it has really changed my mind about things. It seems LAF is at fault here which makes it kind of funny that they are loosing a war where they outnumber the other clan 61-44. I am relatively new to things here but it seems to me this should have been an easy war for them. Instead, they seem to make excuses and keep rehashing the past to explain why the war is. Could this be a distraction to divert our attention from their poor war performance? It seems so.

SOL- i apologize to you. I thought much less of you guys. You refused to be bullied and stood by your principals and even though you are greatly outnumbered you took on a much larger force. Furthermore, you seem to be winning. Every time i check the net worth of the two clans SOL is further ahead. SOL, you have not made many worthless excuses and have not boasted. You have only fought and fought well. Well done. This is an example any clan would eb glad to follow.

Makinso Game profile

Aug 27th 2010, 23:53:05

*Blushes*

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Aug 28th 2010, 0:01:52

ummm

that's not at all what happened, PimpThang...

there was a total of like 5 hits exchanged all set...
SoL was up several thousand acres in the exchanges

they were just looking for a reason to war, and this was the "biggest" one I guess.

There is absolutely no reason to paint LaF as the bad guy, as we just thought the issue was over with... not that SoL was planning an FS on us.

believe what you want though :p
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

LaFinglolrik Game profile

Aug 28th 2010, 0:36:07

I find this situation quite funny. LaF gets owned, and its the same people as usual running around here trying to explain fluff. Well, anyone who know anything about this game know why LaF got owned. :D.

Even if LaF has 62 members, 22 of them are noobs. 10 of them run there own race. and 10 vets who know how to put up a top 100 country. This makes it 20 people left. And they all died during the first strike :P.

Since i know everything about everyone in this game, i tell you LaF, you have a spy in your ranks. BORE! BORE IS A SOL SPY!

Kyatoru Game profile

Aug 28th 2010, 0:42:49

"Well, anyone who know anything about this game know..."

...it's way to early to be posting this stuff.
+Kya

sampaul Game profile

Aug 28th 2010, 0:56:41

maki sol has 5 leaders! thought there was only 2 :P

locket Game profile

Aug 28th 2010, 0:58:51

meh its the fact that laf has so many people not hitting at all thats killing them.

Makinso Game profile

Aug 28th 2010, 1:43:00

LoL SP you know better.

Hobo Game profile

Aug 28th 2010, 3:15:01

mrford is still a virgin who smells like ass

Ravi Game profile

Aug 28th 2010, 3:17:00

You know this by smelling him?

Deerhunter Game profile

Aug 28th 2010, 4:32:39

I can confirm Hobo knows what ass smells like :) And i am pretty sure Sampaul was counting me as one of SOL's leaders.

as i am-

Head Nutcase Of SOL.
I shall fear no retals,

Deerhunter Game profile

Aug 28th 2010, 4:48:39

Ravi, Hobo uses the finger test on everyone he is close with. One in pink and one in stink. If it smells like fish he throws it back and if it smells like ass he rides it. I hope that explains it for ya?
I shall fear no retals,

Deerhunter Game profile

Aug 28th 2010, 4:50:09

I forgot the last thing- when the smell test is over, if he doesnt smell anything- he knows he is the one getting tested!!!
I shall fear no retals,

Akula Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 28th 2010, 13:17:08

meh, snit happens
too much moaning about pacts etc ... i recall a wise earther suggesting to me "go pactless for fun"

Edited By: Akula on Aug 28th 2010, 13:20:46
See Original Post
=============================
"Astra inclinant, sed non obligant"

SOL http://sol.ghqnet.com/
=============================

Ivan Game profile

Aug 28th 2010, 13:28:37

This war is far from over, laf has the number advantage and last i looked the tnw is still about the same despite SoL having a suprise FS and in other what people may think or say laf was prepping for a war this set just not this early

personally i think that LaF will bring this home unless sol walls like mad

Ivanfluff

dagga Game profile

Aug 28th 2010, 15:13:43

Play us a tune Pangayer!

http://www.worldstiniestviolin.com/

Edited By: dagga on Aug 29th 2010, 0:58:02. Reason: Mods changing posts
See Original Post
signatures are stupid.
Months since LaF netgained: 22

ponderer Game profile

Aug 28th 2010, 15:47:54

SOL has done well, but if LaF keeps organized, they still have the lead based on number of members. Hitting this early helps SOL, because those netgaining strats with large stockpiles do very well in an extended war. As it is, LaF's surviving countries can live off of their tech and break all of SOL's countries.
m0m0rific

Son Goku Game profile

Aug 28th 2010, 16:55:48

SOL has done a great job of walling so far with their breakers.

5/6 the other day signed on within 30 seconds.

H4xOr WaNgEr Game profile

Forum Moderator

Aug 28th 2010, 17:41:53

LaF has been coasting internally for too long now, and this war has been a good wakeup call to that affect.

Makinso Game profile

Aug 29th 2010, 16:48:11

I didn't die yet due to walking my dogs (the traitors!) so we haven't lost yet

PimpThang

Aug 29th 2010, 19:52:21

It is now totally clear that LAF has lost this war. I look to see them put on farm in 3 days or less from right now. SOL has out hit, out killed, and out walled LAF so bad LAF should be ashamed. I am shocked and what i thought would be LAF farming SOL by now. Clearly i was wrong. Great job SOL. LAF- you blew it. You didn't get beat- you beat yourselves.

H4xOr WaNgEr Game profile

Forum Moderator

Aug 29th 2010, 19:55:47

You don't know what you are talking about, our odds of winning this were poor right from the beginning.

Ivan Game profile

Aug 29th 2010, 20:19:10

LaF 64 12 24 22 5 3 1 21 0 1.90M 121.42M 6,525 Acres 417,585 Acres

SOL sol 44 8 3 29 14 1 1 1 1 3.53M 155.48M 7,644 Acres 336,345 Acres

Id say that its still close, the next 48h will probably decide this war in either way, sol needs to keep walling to make up for the membership numbers

locket Game profile

Aug 29th 2010, 21:08:46

I doubt its really as close as that might make it seem but we will see i guess. Locket dosnt approve this message though.

Edited By: locket on Aug 29th 2010, 21:11:25
See Original Post

ponderer Game profile

Aug 29th 2010, 21:22:52

this war is only over if LaF rolls over. The mid-ranked countries should have had enough tech to turn into military to keep breaking SOL, and they still have the numbers to out hit SOL. But fighting a war like this, especially when you get ambushed is a matter of will.
m0m0rific

PimpThang

Aug 29th 2010, 23:05:33

Dude, still carping on the ambush thing? Laf has a 20 member advantage and ambush is only good for a FS. If SOL killed more than 20 members in their FS id say you got a point but come on? They took on a MUCH larget clan with WAY more land and now they seem to be putting the last nails in the tomb.

From the looks of things soon LAF wont be able to break most of SOLs countries without lemmings. The new worth gap of members is going to SOL very fast now and many Laf countries dont seem to be putting out much effort. Why is that? Is there a void of leadership there to inspire them? Or have they seen the end of the trail and gotten tired of the walk? The next couple days will soon speak for themselves.

mrford Game profile

Aug 29th 2010, 23:17:45

Originally posted by Deerhunter:
Ravi, Hobo uses the finger test on everyone he is close with. One in pink and one in stink. If it smells like fish he throws it back and if it smells like ass he rides it. I hope that explains it for ya?

it's 2 in the pink 1 in the stink nub!

The shocker is a powerful thing
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

ponderer Game profile

Aug 29th 2010, 23:33:15

Originally posted by PimpThang:

From the looks of things soon LAF wont be able to break most of SOLs countries without lemmings. The new worth gap of members is going to SOL very fast now and many Laf countries dont seem to be putting out much effort. Why is that? Is there a void of leadership there to inspire them? Or have they seen the end of the trail and gotten tired of the walk? The next couple days will soon speak for themselves.

There's networth, and then there's stock. Money can be concealed as food, oil, or most importantly to the majority of LaF's countries at the start of the war, tech. Tech can be sold, and turned into military in a hurry. The key will be how many LaF'ers restart, and how many of LaF's hardcore netters stick around for a fight. They've been outhit by SOL over the last 24 hours, but not by much. Outside of the FS, they've been pretty close to SOL in number of hits and kills, which is to be expected since it doesn't appear that they had any turns stored when they got hit (which is why I used the word ambush), whereas I would expect that SOL was pretty close to max turns stored when they hit.
m0m0rific

Makinso Game profile

Aug 29th 2010, 23:51:15

This war will come down to basically 1 thing.

Walling

SolidSnake Game profile

Aug 30th 2010, 0:18:59

Its as if none of you have any clue what a war involves, the commentary on this thread may as well have been put in a rogue vs ely war thread, because thats the sort of ingame knowledge being displayed.

The war doesnt come down to anything, except techers vs farmers, and that alone wins sol the war. Most of laf hardly had sdi, yet alone max'd out war techs, stockpiles, and hordes of missiles. Dont get me wrong, the reason for that is because laf's leaders were stupid, but once sol fs'd, it was sols to lose, not laf's to win.

Vic Rattlehead Game profile

Aug 30th 2010, 0:46:55

Dude, still carping on the ambush thing? Laf has a 20 member advantage and ambush is only good for a FS. If SOL killed more than 20 members in their FS id say you got a point but come on? They took on a MUCH larget clan with WAY more land and now they seem to be putting the last nails in the tomb.

Of course there's a leadership void. Isn't H4 still Don?
NA hFA
gchat:
yahoo chat:

available 24/7

PimpThang

Aug 30th 2010, 1:01:36

Ponderer I don't know if youve been smoking crack or what but from what ive seen and heard- LAF didnt have much- if any stock and their war techs were lacking at best.

SOL seems to be running very well teched and efficient war countries. If anything i would say LAF is biggest disadvantage is their lack of tech and stock.

Laffers please correct me if im wrong- but thats my understanding of it all.

Hobo Game profile

Aug 30th 2010, 1:28:31

We said to ourselves NO WE CANNOT BE GROPED AGAIN and we WILL NOT stand for children being groped.

And so we called fourth the spirit of the all-mighty Chris Hansen and smited LaF's pedophilia with his omnipotent hand of infuriating justice.