Verified:

Alin Game profile

Jul 25th 2014, 7:30:50

With a 3rd plane crushing in an interval of 4 months.

http://961wodz.com/...-car-train-space-shuttle/

I never flight altough i had a lot of occasion. I rather spent 72 hours driving instead of a 3 hours flight. Is some sort of a fobia of mine. If it will be to happen, i would rather chose to be squashed in a terestrial accident and die in few seconds rather than spent my last 5-10 ( or whatever ) minutes from 10.000 feet to 0 , thinking that i am going to die.

Anyway - flight is statistical safer than a lot of other transport ways. Train seems to be safest. I drive and bike thus combined - i take risks Ha!.

Furious999 Game profile

Jul 25th 2014, 10:38:34

Boats and trains are my preferred ways to travel; dislike motor cars and airoplanes. Horse or elephant would be good (not sure about camel) but the world has organised itself to accomodate wheels rather than legs. Pity.

UpTheIrons Game profile

Jul 25th 2014, 11:06:38

I love to fly and do so often, not worried in the slightest.

juice Game profile

Jul 25th 2014, 11:43:21

So far, all these plane crashes have been on planes I'm not on, so I'm not worried.

If I ever happen to be on one of these planes, I'll choose to think of it like a roller coaster ride as it's going down...arms up, screaming with joy. Hey, if it's the end, you may as well enjoy the ride.

Seriously, the vast majority of planes do not crash, so I see no sense in worrying over something that probably will not happen.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 25th 2014, 13:35:22

That site is totally off base. Everyone in the world knows that the safest way to travel is by Camel.

If you disagree, you are wrong.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 25th 2014, 13:36:16

Originally posted by juice:
So far, all these plane crashes have been on planes I'm not on, so I'm not worried.

If I ever happen to be on one of these planes, I'll choose to think of it like a roller coaster ride as it's going down...arms up, screaming with joy. Hey, if it's the end, you may as well enjoy the ride.

Seriously, the vast majority of planes do not crash, so I see no sense in worrying over something that probably will not happen.

Not to mention they crashed flying over Africa or a warzone. Damn towel heads prob had something to do with it.

mrford Game profile

Jul 25th 2014, 13:39:43

There are over 100,000 commercial flights every day world wide. Air travel is still the safest form of travel by far, and anyone who thinks otherwise is pretty tarded. 2 legit crashes in a week and a shootdown, does not change those stats. Fly reputable airlines and avoid conflict zones and you will be statistically fine.

If you hadn't caught that, it is 3 crashes in 1 week, not 4 months. You can't even make your point effectively, lol. I fly atleast once a month and never felt safer. Flights even come with a free ball rub at check in now. Can't get any better than that.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Furious999 Game profile

Jul 25th 2014, 17:26:46

Don't know where you get that idea. Rail deaths (excluding suicides and people not on the train) are usually cited as about half aviation deaths.

Hobo Game profile

Jul 25th 2014, 17:33:39

Statistically speaking, traveling by air is still safer than driving.

Originally posted by mrford:
There are over 100,000 commercial flights every day world wide. Air travel is still the safest form of travel by far, and anyone who thinks otherwise is pretty tarded. 2 legit crashes in a week and a shootdown, does not change those stats. Fly reputable airlines and avoid conflict zones and you will be statistically fine.

If you hadn't caught that, it is 3 crashes in 1 week, not 4 months. You can't even make your point effectively, lol. I fly atleast once a month and never felt safer. Flights even come with a free ball rub at check in now. Can't get any better than that.

Shut up, ford. Your ugliness will convince NO ONE.

Flamey Game profile

Jul 25th 2014, 17:49:54

Depends on the purpose:

fly - if I want to get to somewhere fast.

train - if I want to get wasted with a bunch of Russian villagers

boat/walk - if I'm trying to seduce a lady

Edited By: Flamey on Jul 25th 2014, 17:54:08

mrford Game profile

Jul 25th 2014, 17:56:02

Originally posted by Furious999:
Don't know where you get that idea. Rail deaths (excluding suicides and people not on the train) are usually cited as about half aviation deaths.

http://www.businessinsider.com/...way-to-travel-2013-7?op=1

Per passenger mile flying is still the safest. Regardless the stats can be skewed to whatever. Would you rather fly cross country or ride a train?
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Nekked Game profile

Jul 25th 2014, 19:53:23

I fly, but my arms get tried!

Furious999 Game profile

Jul 25th 2014, 22:32:51

Now I see where you get your ideas from.

Hobo Game profile

Jul 25th 2014, 23:56:19

i bet mrford drives one of those 20CC mopeds you find in china. the ones that have three wheels but the 3rd one on the opposite side is smaller than the rest and rectangular

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 26th 2014, 0:33:38

Statistics don't mean fluff when you're dropping 10,000 feet, Broseph

Viceroy Game profile

Jul 26th 2014, 6:37:05

You can't pull over when you're at 30,000 feet either. This is something every pilot understands. Risk mitigation is paramount and at the forefront of their mission planning (is it still called mission planning in the world of commercial aviation? I'd like to believe so, Lol).

How often do you see other cars on the highway with a headlight out or four bald tires waiting to blow or squealing brakes or whatever? How often are they speeding, swerving erratically, changing lanes without signaling, or tailgating you?

Thanks, but I'd rather fly a plane than drive a car.
And, Monsters, do not forget to specify, when time and place shall serve, that I am an ass.

Furious999 Game profile

Jul 26th 2014, 10:16:29

Motor vehicles are certainly the most dangerous thing that we meet. Perhaps things will improve with the development of computer controlled vehicles.

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 26th 2014, 13:02:46

Train travel is by far the most civilized travel method left in the world. You get a comfortable seat, and if you trvel first class, you get your own stateroom where you can relax quite nicely. You can get up and move about, socialize in the bar or cafe car and have a nice dinner in the restaurant car. Flying has gone way down hill, except for intercontinental flying which has become mostly a necessity since most of the ocean liners that used to cross the oceans regularly are now rusting at various docks someplace. While flying it's almost unavoidable feeling like cattle in a chute ready for processing, you get a miserable amount of space in which to sit, you cannot get up and socialize, and you get a pack of stale peanuts, if that. First class isn't much better on a plane either.
I don't need anger management, people need to stop pissing me off!

GodHead Dibs Game profile

Jul 26th 2014, 13:15:08

just sit still. you're pretty much stuck with traveling in whatever direction this crazy planet decides to take.
Dibs Ludicrous was here.

iNouda Game profile

Jul 26th 2014, 14:08:56

Still safer than driving.

UpTheIrons Game profile

Jul 26th 2014, 14:19:11

Originally posted by Cerberus:
Train travel is by far the most civilized travel method left in the world. You get a comfortable seat, and if you trvel first class, you get your own stateroom where you can relax quite nicely. You can get up and move about, socialize in the bar or cafe car and have a nice dinner in the restaurant car. Flying has gone way down hill, except for intercontinental flying which has become mostly a necessity since most of the ocean liners that used to cross the oceans regularly are now rusting at various docks someplace. While flying it's almost unavoidable feeling like cattle in a chute ready for processing, you get a miserable amount of space in which to sit, you cannot get up and socialize, and you get a pack of stale peanuts, if that. First class isn't much better on a plane either.

This is true. Time is also a luxury that enables train travel.

GodHead Dibs Game profile

Jul 26th 2014, 15:22:46

most people don't have enough time to enjoy any type of real luxury.
Dibs Ludicrous was here.

Daz Game profile

Jul 27th 2014, 9:52:39

Yeah, time is the limiting factor for the most part.

You get a week off, you can spend 3-6-14 hours on a plane, or 2-3 days or a week on a plane or several weeks on a boat all to get to the same place.

Since there's presently no way around it, youre stuck with it.

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jul 28th 2014, 0:47:17

Cycling ftw! I just need explosive reactive armour for when cars try to hit me.... or maybe a space-based ion-cannon to vaporize them when they come too close.... yea....
Finally did the signature thing.

mrford Game profile

Jul 28th 2014, 4:35:43

Both of those "defense" systems would likely cause more collateral damage to you than the target lol.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Alin Game profile

Jul 28th 2014, 9:05:19

I just wonder out of all those commercial plane crushes how many survivors there were, since ever? What special condition do you have to meet in order to survive that? Being in a big plastic impenetrable ballon, those kind that are thrown of a mountain for amussament would help ? There are all kind of forces i can talk about but not in this language - impact, friction, kinetic energy, mass, gravity. All matters ...

I know that a 60mph frontal car impact will probably cause a neck break or fatal damage to the backbone.

A plane hitting the ground gives the travelers close to 0% chance of surviving. Those funky safe equipments look really funny when there are always x travelers = x deaths in almost all the plane crushes.

Rediculan Game profile

Jul 28th 2014, 9:36:20

If I remember correctly, most aircraft incidents happen just after take off or just before landing, and those incidents are quite survivable, depending on pilot skill.

Alin Game profile

Jul 28th 2014, 9:43:54

meant crushing from the sky ...

mrford Game profile

Jul 28th 2014, 15:06:26

so, you dont care how safe the form of travel is anymore, you care about how survivable an accident is?

if 100 out of 1000 cars crash, but 80% of them are survivable

and 1 out of 1000 planes crash, but it isnt survivable

SPECIAL NOTE FOR ALIN: THESE STATISTICS ARE MADE UP, DO NOT USE THEM A WEEK FROM NOW TO PROVE SOMETHING

planes are still safer. you just sound fluff scared about flying, not concerned with how safe it is.
Swagger of a Chupacabra