Verified:

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Jul 15th 2014, 17:30:32

One of the reasons we dropped them.....always full of fluff
http://www.npr.org/...ll-making-internet-rounds

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

Atryn Game profile

Jul 15th 2014, 18:29:20

Wow....

I hate calls like that.

elvesrus

Jul 15th 2014, 19:55:20

sounds a lot like my experience with AOL years ago, but they were trying to sell me their service
Originally posted by crest23:
Elves is a douche on every server.

Arsenal

Jul 15th 2014, 20:49:18

As someone who runs I business that regularly does customer service I'll say this.

No CEO / management ever "set out" to have their employees give customer service like this. Clearly though as soon as you have to hire to handle customer service it gets worse. For example I think I do customer service than my head of ops. My head of ops does it better than our interns.

I'm sure comsat (and even my co) would love to run customer service like it did the first week it launched, personalised with the principals, but it isn't realistic.

I'll still laugh at that clip and thing its horrendus and it'll never happen to us, but realistically I can see the quality of our service fade as we hire and get scale. Maintaining the quality is a major concern for me.

It's why I think companies like Zappos are so amazing.

Hobo Game profile

Jul 15th 2014, 21:55:46

Originally posted by Arsenal:
As someone who runs I business that regularly does customer service I'll say this.

No CEO / management ever "set out" to have their employees give customer service like this. Clearly though as soon as you have to hire to handle customer service it gets worse. For example I think I do customer service than my head of ops. My head of ops does it better than our interns.

The reason for this is the management style is still a top-down design with tiny drops of incentives to be good employees trickling to the bottom of the pool. These types of systems harbors some of the worst organizations at the entry level, which just so happens to be the level that interacts most with the customers.

A classic case of terrible internal strategy for us consultants to work on.

ericownsyou5 Game profile

Jul 15th 2014, 22:33:31

COX COMMUNICATIONS is equal to or worse than comcast, guaranteed.

Vamps Game profile

Jul 15th 2014, 23:45:57

Haha eric, I dealt with Cox when I was in Boston on business for a few months and ended up renting out a place. Their service reminded me a lot of the horrendous service I get from Time Warner (which is ironically trying to merge with Comcast).

Oh how I wish Google fiber or Verizon Fios would hit my area.

ericownsyou5 Game profile

Jul 16th 2014, 0:02:01

We are counting the days until Google graces us with service in Tempe, Arizona.

I would pay 2x my Cox bill for Google Fiber.

Hobo Game profile

Jul 16th 2014, 0:04:14

Time Warner recently sent me a notice saying "we've upgraded our infrastructure around your area and you should be getting faster speeds at NO ADDITIONAL COSTS!"

Just like that, my internet speed was almost tripled. Yep, completely no throttling there.

DarkReturns Game profile

Jul 16th 2014, 0:21:56

Hobo, I'm with TWC and they said the exact same thing. I was ready for faster internet... but then something happened around July 4th...

They only put up 3 lines to cover most of Erie County. I was getting at least 5Mbps even on the busiest times before they put up the new lines. Every since July 4th, The internet have been at 2Mbps and just ran a test... it is at .89Mbps download right now with 1.05Mbps upload with 45ms Ping. Of course I would call someone to take a look.

The maintenance guy said that the new lines have a massive clog right now and they got to put down more lines to fix it. He said that they are working on it but there no time frame when it is done. I hope it is soon because being stuck under 1Mbps speed reminds me of the dialup days... even if it isn't "THAT" bad...

As with the customer service when trying to get someone down was terrible. They keep telling me to reset router, modem and all that over and over again on the same phone call... took forever to just get them to make an appointment to send someone over...

andrewmmuller Game profile

Jul 16th 2014, 0:29:55

so glad i'm happy with the service b/c i'll be mad if they don't just cancel it when its time

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 16th 2014, 2:22:36

Interesting, very similar situation I went thru when I went to sprint to cancel my service....I ended up walking out, walked 30 feet right into T-Mobile and got and account there, they canceled my account with sprint for me, then I walked back to sprint store, showed them my new phone, raised my voice UNLIMITED EVERYTHING AND T-MOBILE DID YOUR JOB CANCELING SERVICE WITH SPRINT FOR ME, turned around and walked out..... Felt oh so fkn good too :-)
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Angel1 Game profile

Jul 16th 2014, 3:36:34

When you call to cancel your Comcast service, remember to be firm with the customer service agent.

Comcast and AT&T fought like hell to keep Chattanooga's Electric Power Board from installing fiber optics television and internet. They lost...and now they have to behave in Chattanooga. Oh, and if you live in TN, EPB Fiber Optics could be coming to you soon...as they're expanding their Fiber Optic service beyond their electric service area.
-Angel1

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Jul 16th 2014, 3:42:23

We oddly had no problems cancelling our service with comcast. We switched over to At&t and have had 0 problems with them. Love them a TON better than we did Comcast, and we don't have cable lines running outside in our yard that comcast never buried. We have more channels and internet speed for cheaper and At&t randomly sends us visa gift cards every 2 months for being customers.

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 16th 2014, 6:13:50

Originally posted by galleri:
We oddly had no problems cancelling our service with comcast. We switched over to At&t and have had 0 problems with them. Love them a TON better than we did Comcast, and we don't have cable lines running outside in our yard that comcast never buried. We have more channels and internet speed for cheaper and At&t randomly sends us visa gift cards every 2 months for being customers.

Wait til you REALLY need them, HA!
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

GodHead Dibs Game profile

Jul 16th 2014, 13:17:22

meh. i never heard what they had to say because i never made the mistake of stopping my hollering at them.

"shut up. do what i told you to do, or i won't be paying the dang bill ya moron."
Dibs Ludicrous was here.

Zorp Game profile

Jul 16th 2014, 20:50:03

This is completely ridiculous, but the dude making the call certainly could have made the call shorter if he wanted to.

Personally, I've never had anything but positive experiences with Comcast. 50Mbit/s 24/7 with bursts to 100Mbit/s is hard to beat. My traffic has never been throttled, and even when they had the 250GB "limit" for a while, I was regularly breaking that by a bit and never heard from them. Now there's no limit on it, and I regularly hit 400-500GB/month.

It does really bother me though that if I have no other real options other than Comcast in the area. There are other providers, but they charge around the same price for 1/5th the speeds.

macmd Game profile

Jul 17th 2014, 0:42:11

Originally posted by Arsenal:

I'm sure comsat (and even my co) would love to run customer service like it did the first week it launched, personalised with the principals, but it isn't realistic.

I disagree. I think Comcast intentionally uses poor customer service to create barriers to cancelling service. I think that they see poor customer service as a competitive advantage, not something that they inadvertently lost as they've grown.