Verified:

sac7mary3 Game profile

May 27th 2014, 19:38:33

When carrying-out a farmer strat should I worry about negative income? Should I offset this with Bus/Res Tech?

Marshal Game profile

May 27th 2014, 19:53:33

yes after you have maxed military and agritech (ahgri 1st then military and rest).
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Demseath Game profile

Jul 15th 2014, 18:33:28

how long has this agriculture/military tech strategy existed?

Marshal Game profile

Jul 15th 2014, 19:18:13

military tech has always (at least for a long time) reduced expenses and in earthempires it also increases priv market prices (helpful for demo farmers and non-demo de-stockers with near maxed mil tech if bushels price is under 38 on public market).

Daz Game profile

Jul 16th 2014, 0:30:42

Bus yes, res not especially

Furious999 Game profile

Jul 26th 2014, 10:39:40

No, don´t worry about negative income.

You will make enough money from selling your bushells to cover running costs. Spend your surplus cash on turrets and on agriculture tech.

xcooldriver Game profile

Aug 9th 2014, 12:10:33

is cashing at the end of game good for farmer?

Marshal Game profile

Aug 9th 2014, 12:26:54

yes if you have positive income.

sac7mary3 Game profile

Aug 24th 2014, 10:39:54

Thanks for the info

Furious999 Game profile

Aug 24th 2014, 14:08:42

Cashing is the right thing to do once you have reached your land goal. Whether you have positive or negative income does not really affect this. Of course, if things have gone well you have made so much money that you have maxed out Agriculture and have been able to afford lots of Bus/Res too (buy that in roughly equal quantities subject to prices). If things have gone badly you did not manage that and you have a negative income. The point is that you have to use turns so that your farms turn out the bushels. If income is positive cashing increases the cash gain, when you are in deficit cashing reduces the deficit.

The judgement aspect lies in when to use turns to explore and build and when to stop doing that (and use turns to cash).

This is a judgement which needs to be made at the start of the set. The reason for that is csites. If you adopt a high land goal you need more csites (which you build early) whereas if your land goal is more modest you need less csites.

Only experience will help set a sensible land goal. In general a farmer must aim for lots of land. On the other hand a (relatively) inexperienced player should sensibly set their sights low. I suggest 10k acres in tourney or express; 30k in Primary; in Alliance your clan mates can advise; and who the hell knows in the madhouse (FFA). You can look up the number of csites apropriate to those various numbers.

sac7mary3 Game profile

Aug 31st 2014, 21:39:47

Thanks for the info