Verified:

mdevol Game profile

Jul 11th 2014, 20:09:24

SoL does not think the mods are anti-SoL

we think they are anti-dagga

while all dagga is SoL
not all SoL is dagga

We just think the game mechanics are anti-war, thus being anti SoL/SoF by nature

The forum moderators are what they are
Surely what a man does when he is caught off his guard is the best evidence as to what sort of man he is. - C.S. Lewis

Flamey Game profile

Jul 11th 2014, 20:10:46

I agree.

Change #1 make lemming hits more painful than successful hits!

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jul 11th 2014, 20:19:46

more painful for whom?
Finally did the signature thing.

mdevol Game profile

Jul 11th 2014, 20:35:00

i think he means more painful for the attacker and less effective overall. which i don't exactly agree with.

it would make getting the FS even that much stronger if it was more difficult than it already is to come back in a war.
Surely what a man does when he is caught off his guard is the best evidence as to what sort of man he is. - C.S. Lewis

Flamey Game profile

Jul 11th 2014, 21:52:52

In an even number war it would be almost impossible for the losing side to come back via lemmings anyway. In a war where the smaller alliance has pulled ahead and a much bigger one is using their numbers to nerf the smaller one it leads to a scenerio where numbers always > skill.

I think you should lose 6% per DH. This would also make stonewalling more fun as making the enemy DH would be a much bigger deal. It would also make suceeding with the initial breaks much more crucial.

I also think something needs to be done about military loss. At the moment if you break the target, you usally lose more than your enemy and sometime your enemy loses very little. While all DH's are constant (there is no random factor and fluctation) meaning that failing could be a better way of breaking than actually suceeding.

Flamey Game profile

Jul 12th 2014, 16:06:07

Hell this could go on b+s

tellarion Game profile

Jul 12th 2014, 16:12:23

I am anti-sol....

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jul 17th 2014, 14:31:56

Originally posted by Flamey:
In an even number war it would be almost impossible for the losing side to come back via lemmings anyway. In a war where the smaller alliance has pulled ahead and a much bigger one is using their numbers to nerf the smaller one it leads to a scenerio where numbers always > skill.

I think you should lose 6% per DH. This would also make stonewalling more fun as making the enemy DH would be a much bigger deal. It would also make suceeding with the initial breaks much more crucial.

I also think something needs to be done about military loss. At the moment if you break the target, you usally lose more than your enemy and sometime your enemy loses very little. While all DH's are constant (there is no random factor and fluctation) meaning that failing could be a better way of breaking than actually suceeding.

Interesting ideas; I'm not sure the even-number higher side should always pull away though, because that *really* leads to over-valuation of the FS, and forgone conclusions early in the war. Many of our recent pro-war changes have been designed to prolong wars, so that warmongers get to actually war for longer
Finally did the signature thing.

Marshal Game profile

Jul 17th 2014, 17:06:02

Originally posted by qzjul:
Many of our recent pro-war changes have been designed to prolong wars, so that warmongers get to actually war for longer

not really in oop wars unless warrers have ~same amount of members, if attacker has enuf advantage war could be basically over after 2 weeks.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....