Verified:

Crippler ICD Game profile

Jul 7th 2014, 17:42:59

Kill the multies.. saved me some missles for the next idiots.
Crippler
FoCuS
<--MSN
CripplerTD

[14:26] <enshula> i cant believe im going to say this
[14:26] <enshula> crippler is giving us correct netting advice

Dragon Game profile

Jul 7th 2014, 17:47:35

*waits for dumb rule like placed in Team*

KeTcHuP Game profile

Jul 7th 2014, 20:24:56

I was busy or I would of helped. Sorry bud!
Ketchup the Thoughtful Suicidier

m0bzta Game profile

Jul 7th 2014, 21:51:47

Your welcome crippler

Dragon
Add more county's 60 person would fix it all
Yeah i am a Big Deal Around EarthEmpires
----------------------------
http://loc.ghqnet.com/
-Still doing what i do since 2000-mob bot
V12.╰(◣﹏◢)�

Dragon Game profile

Jul 7th 2014, 22:04:20

I don't disagree, Mob. FFA was never about how many countries some ate up no-life player could possibly run in a set. Always been about the bandwidth and how much of it was being used at any particular time.

These guys let us play for free despite the fact they host a game that costs them money against their business model. I don't know the details and such, but I think we gotta remember that the game might not still exist without them.

Just sayin'

Raging Budda Game profile

Jul 7th 2014, 22:10:18

That iis what friends are for Crip!
Your base is mine!

m0bzta Game profile

Jul 8th 2014, 1:25:51

lol You do not remember there was a limit back in the day on how many country's FFA could have mister Dragon and people made 15 sets of 15 country's so blah
Yeah i am a Big Deal Around EarthEmpires
----------------------------
http://loc.ghqnet.com/
-Still doing what i do since 2000-mob bot
V12.╰(◣﹏◢)�

Twain Game profile

Jul 8th 2014, 2:32:46

Originally posted by m0bzta:
lol You do not remember there was a limit back in the day on how many country's FFA could have mister Dragon and people made 15 sets of 15 country's so blah

I'm certain Dragon remembers that. I'm certain he also remembers how it was so poorly policed that it was a complete joke and even the most honest of players were forced to run mass multis to avoid being an easy target, leading to the downward spiral towards the server being closed.

Surely that's not a path you're suggesting is a good one, right?

Besides, most of us that played back then and ran huge amounts of countries were in our teens or early 20s then, whereas we're now mostly in our 30s and have actual responsibilities.

I'm not the best example considering the last 3 sets I've made countries I haven't followed through actually playing them (this set included), but if they took the limit off and made it unlimited, I wouldn't even be tempted to even make countries because I know I wouldn't be able to keep up.

jjterrico Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 8th 2014, 3:56:51

Spot on twain, the time it takes to run 16 is too much lol don't know where I found the time way back when to run more than that :p

Red X Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express & Team

Jul 8th 2014, 15:35:00

Originally posted by Twain:
Originally posted by m0bzta:

I'm certain Dragon remembers that. I'm certain he also remembers how it was so poorly policed that it was a complete joke and even the most honest of players were forced to run mass multis to avoid being an easy target, leading to the downward spiral towards the server being closed.

Surely that's not a path you're suggesting is a good one, right?

Besides, most of us that played back then and ran huge amounts of countries were in our teens or early 20s then, whereas we're now mostly in our 30s and have actual responsibilities.

I'm not the best example considering the last 3 sets I've made countries I haven't followed through actually playing them (this set included), but if they took the limit off and made it unlimited, I wouldn't even be tempted to even make countries because I know I wouldn't be able to keep up.

Exactly
My attitude is that of a Hulk smash
Mixed with Tony Montana snortin' bags of his coke stash
http://nbkffa.ghqnet.com

Xninja Game profile

Jul 8th 2014, 23:47:26

I can not even keep up with the 16 allowed countries...... run sets of sets of countries.... never underestimate the sexless college student or local bum I guess.............

Side note, I could see keeping up with a true unlimited server if the turn rate was altered.
Overlord of Chaos
http://lords.ghqnet.com<--CLICK ME; JOIN CHAOS
Aim:baerninja
MSN/Email:

Raging Budda Game profile

Jul 9th 2014, 17:44:52

16 is a good balance between those for those that want to run a lot and the growing number of us peeps that are busy elsewhere. Outiside of major WCs and landgrabbing, there are ways to run all 16 countries without using all that much time. Get to know the menu bar at the top of your "control" page if you already haven't.
Your base is mine!

jjterrico Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 9th 2014, 19:29:39

That menu bar is a nice addition, still figuring it out!! Lol

Dragon Game profile

Jul 9th 2014, 22:15:37

I started playing E2025 in 1999.

Then, FFA was unlimited. I was running upwards of 200 countries by hand pretty much every day. I'm not bragging. A lot of guys were running WAY more.

The rules and the environment were very different then. Way more players. Way more targets. Bots. It was like the WIld West compared to now.

I cannot imagine running even 32 countries now. 16 is a big enough chore and I have nothing to prove. I've had top 10 countries. Never wont he server. Oh well. I've led a clan that has won TWN and ANW more than once and with half or less the countries of anyone else. Not because I'm some netgaining legend, but because I gave some really gifted people a place to hang out and have fun. I have N-E-V-E-R been the best net gainer in ANY clan I've been in on this server.

Some of the recent changes to the game on this server have reduced my enthusiasm even further and it's become a chore just to even play 16 every day. I hope that changes, but it probably won't.

I have met some great poeple because of this game. Legendary Enemies and Fast Friends. And I'm still trying to get to know everyone on a day to day basis by playing with every "major clan" for a couple resets.

This is a great community. It's a community that has stood the test of time for nearly 20 years in an age where most people would laugh at a game like this due to its "simplicity". We don't want those people. They don't "get it".