Verified:

Boltar Game profile

Jun 28th 2014, 5:31:23

im thinking, and another earther agreed with me on it.. while we have restarts with cash and everything else.. it really means next to nothing if u cant get any kind of production upon restarting cause of the lack of population.. perhaps tweak this a little.. im open for suggestions to my overall suggestion

Edited By: Boltar on Jul 5th 2014, 4:52:27
See Original Post

Marshal Game profile

Jun 28th 2014, 11:19:34

i totally agree with you, as a restart production is low and player has only 15 turns to increase it with some fluffty bpt. either tweak system or give longer protection.

restart's restart making only avg 200 bushels per turn isn't much so once that country is oop (let's say played 20 turns) player has few m cash left and maybe 20k bushels to be sold and with those player should get back to war (assuming no fa available) and next time player gets money is 5-6 hrs later (unless sells at priv).
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

DarkReturns Game profile

Jul 3rd 2014, 5:50:31

I feel that turns should be increased to 50 or 75 or so. Some people may get killed instantly by a suicider because they got out of protection 1 turn too early. Once you do that, you only have 15 turns to be able to do what you need to do in 100 turns. You are prone to get suicided on again like this.

Production is the same. It takes time for it to get back to at least decent results to survive on.

Marshal Game profile

Jul 3rd 2014, 15:29:58

yea 1 of my restarts (restart's restart) got killed right after it was oop, no money much (few m) nor military (under 10k troops and turrets and few k jets and tanks).

low bpt (10-20), not much money, bushel production is low and pop is low and everything else is low too.

Boltar Game profile

Jul 3rd 2014, 23:35:44

i dont mind the 15 turns thing.. but even at 50 or 75 turns played. ur production is still crappy cause of ur pop.. it needs a major tweak in this area..

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jul 6th 2014, 1:55:10

ah yes, i have a decent fix for some of this -- i'll get to it soon hopefully; busy lately -- and tired for some reason
Finally did the signature thing.

Marshal Game profile

Jul 6th 2014, 10:40:01

too much biking.

fix needs to be good since some of my restarts (3rd/4th gen restart) have been basically w/o buildings except 40+ cs's so no production from farms and 6-7m cash (not much can't be bought with that since tax revenues are negative). atm after enuf restarts its basically better stop creating restarts and give up since can't hit anything (if opponent stops creating restarts or getting those oop which they can do if they have killed enuf countries (all targets are restarts)).

current system favors oop wars since if blindsides opponent then after ~week war can be basically over since alliance which got fs'd can't attack attacking alliance's top countries (besides lemming but that waste of low resources) but they can if those are withing humas range.

Edited By: Marshal on Jul 6th 2014, 10:43:59

bstrong86 Game profile

Jul 6th 2014, 13:08:11

Well..3rd..fourth..fifth gen restarts should start wayy low. With barely anything.

I feel the restart bonus ahould only imply to the first lost country, hence.getting killed.in a FS. Or before your alliance can manage a Counter Strike. Anything after that is ridiculous. And suiciders have been finally down graded again because of this tweak recently made.
The Death Knights

XI

Marshal Game profile

Jul 6th 2014, 18:19:54

yea if this gets tweaked suiciders benefit too but still this system favors oop wars, if manages to kill enuf origs in fs then war is basically won since restarts can't do fluff.

Xinhuan Game profile

Jul 7th 2014, 1:49:43

The restart system ensures you can't get less than what a brand new player/country gets. So nothing has changed for a restart that gets killed OOP. Wars have always been won by killing "original" countries.

Apocalypse

Jul 7th 2014, 2:20:46

as a fresh country we would get 99 turns to build up our country and remaining military wouldn't be eating our resources, as a 1st gen restart having like 40k turrets and 10-25k jets and tanks means that income is ~50k negative (at least) and bushels production can be also negative so with 15 turns player will need to get either tax revenues or bushels production positive and if accomplishes last then its not much more than 2-300 bushels per turn and if accomplishes 1st then gets maybe few k income and as turns are spent (either growing or attacking) pop gets higher and either money source gets better.

yes wars are won by killing originals but in oop wars after fighting for 30 days and dying multiple times restarting gets pointless (unless does indy start and goes all jetter or trooper and manages to get enuf either unit to break some opponent and with a bit luck others can kill it but even that won't help long since land gotten gets smaller and smaller) so player will twiddle thumbs for next 30 days (why fight when can't hit anything besides lemming which would be waste of time and military) and then starts preparing for next oop war.

~100k nw country which has maybe 7k of each units (no techs) is ripe to get killed again or farmed to ground and player can't do much to avoid it.

bstrong86 Game profile

Jul 7th 2014, 4:42:00

Stop dying so many times?
The Death Knights

XI

Marshal Game profile

Jul 7th 2014, 11:04:32

i'd like to see you preventiing death with 300k nw country (1st restart in week 1 war) when you get attacked by countries which are 1m nw and above and are totally prepped for early war, even if you try to wall you will run out of money and military quickly. only way to stop dying is to stop restarting.

Xinhuan Game profile

Jul 7th 2014, 14:28:20

Originally posted by Apocalypse:
as a fresh country we would get 99 turns to build up our country and remaining military wouldn't be eating our resources, as a 1st gen restart having like 40k turrets and 10-25k jets and tanks means that income is ~50k negative (at least) and bushels production can be also negative so with 15 turns player will need to get either tax revenues or bushels production positive and if accomplishes last then its not much more than 2-300 bushels per turn and if accomplishes 1st then gets maybe few k income and as turns are spent (either growing or attacking) pop gets higher and either money source gets better.

You know you CAN sell all those "40k turrets and 10-25k jets and tanks" to your private market and have all the positive income (and tons of spare cash) right?

You know you CAN drop all the extra restart land down to 100a if you wish right?

You know building costs is constant until you exceed 750a right? (After 750a, it starts rising with land size.) You can drop to 750a, if you wish too.

Your restart is in no way worse than a fresh one out of the box.

If an enemy wants to waste 70 attacks to kill your restart, that's good for your clan, it is 70 attacks they aren't doing on a bigger and better country.

Wars will always reach a critical point, once you go past that, the losing side has no hope of making a comeback (without an allied clan joining in), the restart bonuses actually delay this critical point. It is at this point where the losing side should stop restarting and stop providing free land.

Apocalypse

Jul 7th 2014, 19:43:34

yes i can sell my military off and then be even more easier target to be killed (landkilled), 1000 acres to be grabbed requires under 50 turns cause we get 20 acres minimum returns if we declared war against country and 750 acres even less so 1 country can do that and 1 country doesn't mean a much (bit more in alliance than in ffa, team is another thing).

yes wars eventually reach that critical point and in week 1 wars that critical point happens much earlier (could be even on 3rd week) than in later wars cause if most originals are killed in first strike then no breakers much (besides remaining originals and indy restarts specializing on troops or jets and even that stops working after 2 restarts if enemy is smart and sends enough fa to their restarts and those restarts keep pummeling opponent).

yes restart bonus helps 1st restart but 3rd and after that would be better to start without restart bonuses since fresh country can get better nw in 3 days than country with restart bonuses gets in same time (unless that country spends turns growing instead hitting).

Xinhuan Game profile

Jul 8th 2014, 7:20:24

Originally posted by Apocalypse:
yes i can sell my military off and then be even more easier target to be killed (landkilled), 1000 acres to be grabbed requires under 50 turns cause we get 20 acres minimum returns if we declared war against country and 750 acres even less so 1 country can do that and 1 country doesn't mean a much (bit more in alliance than in ffa, team is another thing).

You know when you sell off all those military, your NW will be so low nobody can hit you right? Other than restarts on the other side of the battle.

Again, countries that are hitting restarts is a good thing, it is hits not used on original larger countries.

Apocalypse

Jul 8th 2014, 10:39:15

I got restart (could be 4/5th generation) which has under 8000 of each military (that's average amount) and its networth is bit over 100k with over 1300 acres (built what's possible to build in 15 turns with low bpt which isn't much) if I would bring that country out of protection opponent could landkill it with 1 country's daily turns (as tyranny, 1.5 countries if non-tyranny) so selling military wouldn't help (except giving bit more production but not much). All originals have been killed long time ago (war was over basically after fs, biggest originals were pretty much killed of in fs) and still month to go.

Xinhuan Game profile

Jul 8th 2014, 12:28:15

So what exactly is your complaint Apocalypse? That you can't defend yourself as a restart from other restarts?

Apocalypse

Jul 8th 2014, 13:26:27

that and that's due production tied to pop (which happens to be low as restart) and only 15 turns to get some production up (fresh restart gets 500 bushels per turn (more if spends all 15 turns to build farms) and net income ~-20k per turn and 1000 acres unbuilt land).

bstrong86 Game profile

Jul 9th 2014, 19:53:35

Your complain shouldnt be about restarts. The values are fine. Be lucky you even get a restart bonus.

Sounds more like butt hurt over an oop FS.
The Death Knights

XI

DarkReturns Game profile

Jul 10th 2014, 2:18:27

I do wish for an option to start as a fresh country instead of a restart with the restart bonus. Even if you have 2k farms already built up, it still does nothing for you until you get your population back to 50% or even more. It is sometimes a lot easier to to start completely fresh with 99 turns of protection instead of just 15.

Xinhuan Game profile

Jul 10th 2014, 5:25:01

It'll probably be better (and easier) to just increase the 15 turns OOP to 50 turns for restarts.

Boltar Game profile

Jul 10th 2014, 7:25:04

getting completely off my original post.. id like to see restarts especially those after the 3rd death, get the old formula where production isnt population based preferably after the first death to see how much of a difference it makes