Verified:

Patience Game profile

Jul 1st 2014, 4:43:43

Those of you who have me on Facebook may have read that my dad & stepmother were involved in a rollover accident in BC a couple of weeks ago. Originally we thought Dad escaped injury, although he was really battered and bruised - but it turns out he has a fractured thoracic vertebra and kidney problems caused by the amount of internal bleeding his kidneys had to process.

My stepmother wasn't so lucky - she broke her neck in two places (as well as 14 of her ribs) and spent almost 2 full weeks in ICU on a ventilator, after a full tracheotomy. She's recently been transferred to the spinal ward and is off the ventilator during the day, holding her own. She was originally unable to feel anything below the break, but has made some progress and can now feel all of her extremities, although she can't move much at all and what movement she has is completely uncontrolled (aside from the broken neck, she also suffered a series of mini-strokes in her cerebellum the night of the accident). She has no use of her hands, but can raise her arms a bit - although she's unable to press down and has to depend on gravity to lower them again. She can move one leg slightly, but can only wiggle the toes on the other foot. We're hoping she'll regain some control and mobility over time.

I'm heading to Vancouver on Friday and will be out there taking care of them for the foreseeable future, so I won't be online much. Try to behave while I'm away. And Grizzie, maybe we can meet up for coffee or drinks while I'm out there - I'd love to see you!
I cannot see your signature - so if it's witty, put it in a post instead! :p

archaic: Patty, if it was you wearing it, I'd consider a fuzzy pink pig suit to be lingerie. Patty makes pork rock.

robyn Game profile

Jul 1st 2014, 4:48:58

:( Im sorry to hear :(
I hope everything goes as well as it can in this situation, take care of yourself!!!
<3
robyn

SpeedWood Game profile

Jul 1st 2014, 4:57:29

<3

flgatorboy89 Game profile

Jul 1st 2014, 4:59:40

Sorry hun, hope they recover well
Jon
ZT, SoL

<jon> off to bed fluffbeater :p
<mrford> i dont beat fluffs
<mrford> i eat them
<mrford> gosh
<jon> well, fluffeater
<Kat> oookay....

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Jul 1st 2014, 5:18:44

:( that really suck patty .

Hope things get better for both of them
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

iScode Game profile

Jul 1st 2014, 5:24:08

:( so sorry to hear that patty, thoughts are with you
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

mrcuban Game profile

Jul 1st 2014, 5:24:57

Will send a prayer your way.

Patience Game profile

Jul 1st 2014, 5:30:56

Thanks all... I miss you guys!

archaic: Patty, if it was you wearing it, I'd consider a fuzzy pink pig suit to be lingerie. Patty makes pork rock.

Heston Game profile

Jul 1st 2014, 6:21:38

Love and prayers Patience . @-->_----
❤️️Nothing but❤️️💯❤️️❤️️🌺🌸🌹❤️❤️💯

Symac

Jul 1st 2014, 6:22:52

Sorry to hear this, best wishes.

BladeEWG Game profile

Jul 1st 2014, 10:07:55

Hope everything works out well for them..
::hugs Patty::

dixiechick Game profile

Jul 1st 2014, 11:24:19

Take things one day at a time and remember that with time many of those wounds will heal. I will keep you and yours in my prayers.

Marshal Game profile

Jul 1st 2014, 12:50:10

sad to hear. i hope your parents get better.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

ssewellusmc

Jul 1st 2014, 12:58:51

Sad news. Ill pray for a spewdy recovery.

ssewellusmc

Jul 1st 2014, 12:59:05

Originally posted by ssewellusmc:
Sad news. Ill pray for a speedy recovery.

SAM_DANGER Game profile

Jul 1st 2014, 13:33:57

PATIENCE!

WE ARE SORRY TO HEAR THIS. OUR PRAYERS WILL BE WITH YOU AND YOUR FAMILY.

SINCE YOU'RE GOING TO BE IN VANCOUVER, KEEP AN EYE AND EAR TO THE SOUTH-SOUTHEAST ON FRIDAY. OUR FAVORITE HOLIDAY IS COMING UP, AND WE'LL SET OFF AN EXTRA BIG ONE JUST FOR YOU!

HA!

SAM

JIM_DANGER Game profile

Jul 1st 2014, 13:36:15

TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF PATTY AND BEST OF LUCK TO ALL.

INVINCIBLE IRONMAN Game profile

Jul 1st 2014, 13:44:19

That is hard core
My condolences

Patience Game profile

Jul 5th 2014, 5:16:45

Thanks all... see you when I see you!

tellarion Game profile

Jul 5th 2014, 10:50:01

I hope it all turns out well, patty! My sister went through a similar situation, and it all turned out well, so hopefully your parents will make a full recovery.

Ps: I must just be cynical, but I was half expecting to see someone make a dbag post in this thread...I'm glad I was wrong!

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Jul 5th 2014, 17:28:59

Hey Patty. I remember reading this on your Facebook. My thoughts are still with your parents. Safe travels for you. Hugs.

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

Goofy Game profile

Jul 6th 2014, 1:09:18

Prayers still heading out for you and your family Patty. Taking care of parents is always hard. I know.

Hardy Game profile

Jul 6th 2014, 2:33:22

wish you all the best

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jul 6th 2014, 2:42:35

Sorry to hear that; hopefully things improve! My condolences.
Finally did the signature thing.

downsay Game profile

Jul 7th 2014, 9:47:11

yikes...sorry to hear this

PaoLo Game profile

Jul 7th 2014, 10:57:25

Sorry to hear this bro, hope everything will be alright in a couple of days..

Cee Game profile

Jul 7th 2014, 14:19:34

Prayers are with you and the family Pat. So very sorry to hear. Hope they get better soon.

Hobo Game profile

Jul 7th 2014, 15:05:06

Originally posted by Patience:
Those of you who have me on Facebook may have read that my dad & stepmother were involved in a rollover accident in BC a couple of weeks ago. Originally we thought Dad escaped injury, although he was really battered and bruised - but it turns out he has a fractured thoracic vertebra and kidney problems caused by the amount of internal bleeding his kidneys had to process.

My stepmother wasn't so lucky - she broke her neck in two places (as well as 14 of her ribs) and spent almost 2 full weeks in ICU on a ventilator, after a full tracheotomy. She's recently been transferred to the spinal ward and is off the ventilator during the day, holding her own. She was originally unable to feel anything below the break, but has made some progress and can now feel all of her extremities, although she can't move much at all and what movement she has is completely uncontrolled (aside from the broken neck, she also suffered a series of mini-strokes in her cerebellum the night of the accident). She has no use of her hands, but can raise her arms a bit - although she's unable to press down and has to depend on gravity to lower them again. She can move one leg slightly, but can only wiggle the toes on the other foot. We're hoping she'll regain some control and mobility over time.

I'm heading to Vancouver on Friday and will be out there taking care of them for the foreseeable future, so I won't be online much. Try to behave while I'm away. And Grizzie, maybe we can meet up for coffee or drinks while I'm out there - I'd love to see you!

Best of luck for you and your family. Something similar happened to my mom about 3-4 years ago. She fortunately escaped with only minor injuries but still can't remember what happened that day. Doctors said she just completely blacked out and didn't remember what happened.

According to police reports, she was making a legal turn when she was completely blindsided by a construction vehicle on the driver side. The entire left side of the car was totaled so it was really a miracle she escaped with little injury.

LadyGrizz Game profile

Jul 9th 2014, 22:15:32

a Patty and Grizzie meet up is happening soon, pics to come =)

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jul 9th 2014, 23:07:36

wow, sorry to hear that Patty

I wish them a speedy recovery! I'm sure your presence alone will bring up your step mom's spirits and aid in their recovery
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

Darrian Game profile

Jul 10th 2014, 0:10:04

Praying for you and your family Patty Cakes!!
~bad as i wanna be~