Verified:

Gongshow09 Game profile

Jun 27th 2014, 16:08:18

Since fast kills are in again. I was thinking that every country would have some sort of emergency plan to mobilize military units in place if attacked. Why not here?

I think that you should be able to set up a "pre-purchase plan". It is an option that you can input X # of troops, turrets, tanks to bought quickly. You can fill in the pre-planned purchase on your purchase screen, then an option will appear on your main menu screen "Emergency Response Plan", or whatever. This option if you click it, it will automatically purchase the pre-set # of units without having to nagivate to the purchase screen(if you have the money of course) and it will cost you 2 turns to do. Its an all or nothing purchase.

So if you enter the pre-purchase of 20k troops, 20k turrets, 5k tanks, and click the button....all the units will be bought. If you don't have the money to buy all the pre-purchase order then the transaction will be void completely and nothing bought.

If you are being Gs'd and you click the button you still have to purchase those turrets/tanks (if you have put those said units in of course) you have in your pre-purchase plan...and vice versa

This will help buy you a little time in walling and especially on a phone, as the menus r $#$@ hard to navigate to/from as you only have 30 sec or less now.

Just an idea.

Xinhuan Game profile

Jun 27th 2014, 17:43:13

Nice idea.

bstrong86 Game profile

Jun 27th 2014, 18:17:35

I like the emergency plan part.

But i would suggest it do it while your not online. You type in your purchase amouny, and after so many hits, its buys that ammount..costing the money and two turns. And this does this again after so.many hits and takes 4 turns.. increasing turn amounts..until you are depleted of turns.
The Death Knights

XI

Marshal Game profile

Jun 27th 2014, 19:17:42

what bstrong suggests is auto-walling and that won't fly, buy up once-thrice is ok but not until no more turns (some1 logs out with 50 turns and 500m cash in hand so unless attackers really rush defender will eventually get online and start manual walling to get civs up).
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Gongshow09 Game profile

Jun 27th 2014, 20:39:12

I look at it that if you don't log in, then you don't deserve to save your country.....you gotta at least put some effort into walling....this idea just gives you a chance to save it. Killruns are so quick, and no matter what people say it's hard to navigate from the main menu to the purchase screen, input some numbers on your phone only to be dead as your buying up.

Marshal Game profile

Jun 27th 2014, 20:50:48

maybe buy up few times (like 5 times) but no way until runs out of turns or logs in.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Gongshow09 Game profile

Jul 7th 2014, 21:22:32

I need a single button preset buy up....I died again on the menu->purchase page on my phone........ugh

Gongshow09 Game profile

Aug 23rd 2014, 13:54:14

17 sec kr....died while trying to buy up.....either slow them down or put this as an option on the main menu.....

Xninja Game profile

Aug 23rd 2014, 19:34:58

I could see how this function could work like placing and purchasing standing orders. Instead of it being linked to the market it be linked to the private market, so the down side is your paying the top dollar for the military without the need to log in.

To even it out it should be a 1x purchase up until the time you log in. You shouldn't be able to have multiple buy ups while not online, that would be a lot like automated walling , which really isn't walling at all really. However having the option of a 1x buy up to give you extra time to get in your country and actually wall is a great idea in my opinion

I miss the old school walling where you could just eat and eat hits. Those days are dead and gone though it seems.....
Overlord of Chaos
http://lords.ghqnet.com<--CLICK ME; JOIN CHAOS
Aim:baerninja
MSN/Email:

midevil.chaos Game profile

Sep 13th 2014, 1:27:48

All of these ideas are amazing! Kudos to the OP for that great idea.

@Marshal, I disagree. If you have zero turns, this means you can't attack or do anything to gain resources. If you're a farmer, without turns you'll only be able to buy so much with the food you'll sell. Furthermore, you'll have lost a lot of money in the process, especially with Xninja's idea about being forced to buy top of the line units (in other words, whichever is more expensive, those are the ones you buy, regardless of whether it's on the priv or pub market!).

@everyone in general. Now, as for the idea of spending all turns, that by itself means one thing: you spend ~76 turns (thus 38 purchases) WITHOUT producing anything. That's a hit to any country, regardless how you see it. He loses turns, food, troops/turrets/tanks AND the most important resource, money. Now, he must spend MORE turns to produce anything at all to then sell it... losing even more money in the process.

This is a win-win situation, no matter how you look at it. After all, that guy will lose all of that and has been taken the ability to attack that nite OR to a large extent the next day.

Of course, a limit could be placed if there were issues. Maybe up to 20 turns (10 possible purchases).