Verified:

tellarion Game profile

Jun 10th 2014, 15:42:03

As stated in our rules stickied at the top of this forum, declaring war on another team that is already engaged in a war without provocation is not ok. Regardless of whether any other teams have officially declared war via posting on this board, a state of war existed between EuroIX and 6+ other teams(through their own actions). Penance decided to jump in on the action, despite not receiving a single attack or harmful spyop all set from EuroIX. This is a clear violation of our new posted policy.

That being said, we have decided to show leniency, especially since there are only two days left in the set, and not delete them. I have talked with Boltar extensively on this issue, and he knows where we stand.

It doesn't matter what happened in previous sets. As far as the rules are concerned, the actions of this set dictate how we apply the rules. It is your responsibility to be aware of the political situation when you choose to war another team, not ours. Claiming ignorance of what was happening is your own responsibility.

If a tag wants to piss off half the server, that's their own fault, and as we have said, we won't protect that kind of stupidity. But the rules were designed specifically to prevent gangbanging/dogpiling, and this is a clear example of what exactly that means. Again: Warring a team that is already engaged in war with another tag without any provocation(where provocation is defined as at least 1 attack or harmful spyop) will result in the deletion of the countries involved.

Boltar Game profile

Jun 10th 2014, 16:32:18

its true.. we argued for about an hr.. alot of F words were said.. not in a derogatory way.. (not this time) i got off lucky i didnt have to restart.. pretty simple,

Hopeless Game profile

Jun 10th 2014, 16:36:48

the rules are not that hard to follow

Boltar Game profile

Jun 10th 2014, 16:50:15

agreed, however my argument was.. if i want revenge at any given time.. no one should have the right to tell me no. that to me was/is dictating play style and politics

braden Game profile

Jun 10th 2014, 17:27:28

so if weedylar attacks tags bra, den and lar, any country from any tag other than those three that then ever hits weedylar, defined as one attack or harmful spy op, that tag gets deleted?

your rules, through a.single ab at turn one hundred and one, then makes even a landgrab a deletable offence?

iScode Game profile

Jun 10th 2014, 18:20:31

" declaring war on another team that is already engaged in a war without provocation is not ok. "

Then you need to define that in the rules,

By not defining it you leave it up to interpretation, as far as im concerned, regardless of this post, we were well within our rites to hit them regardless of what had happaned as we planned to hit them anyway.

Would you prefer if we just made our war decs at the start of the set so to ensure we are covered for the whole set?

I was glad you defined the rules more clearly, at least stick to what you post, if you mean something else define the rules, leaving them up for interpretation is not acceptable.
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

i am very hairy Game profile

Jun 10th 2014, 18:34:08

i would delete all of you for whining too much

HA!

hsifreta Game profile

Jun 10th 2014, 18:55:55

noone dealt with the trash properly, and all it took was one tag to store turns and kill off the suiciders. case closed.

i am very hairy Game profile

Jun 10th 2014, 19:06:00

Originally posted by hsifreta:
noone dealt with the trash properly, and all it took was one tag to store turns and kill off the suiciders. case closed.

+1

Syko_Killa Game profile

Jun 10th 2014, 19:16:02

Booo, I want justice! Delete them, if you bend the rules for some than you must bend them for all, otherwise you are not god!
Do as I say, not as I do.

iScode Game profile

Jun 10th 2014, 19:21:19

You know he is not refering to your tag right? He is meaning our killing of EuroIX countries which was within the rules.
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

Syko_Killa Game profile

Jun 10th 2014, 19:24:04

No iScode... the obvious espcaped me...

iScode Game profile

Jun 10th 2014, 19:25:00

so then why did you say you want justice? you were not affected?
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

Syko_Killa Game profile

Jun 10th 2014, 19:29:41

Because I want you all deleted of course!

iScode Game profile

Jun 10th 2014, 19:33:21

So because you can not beat us legitimately you want us deleted, and you call that justice? Justice for what? being better than you?
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

mdevol Game profile

Jun 11th 2014, 1:11:19

Hmmm....
Surely what a man does when he is caught off his guard is the best evidence as to what sort of man he is. - C.S. Lewis

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 11th 2014, 1:11:28

Originally posted by Hopeless:
the rules are not that hard to follow

And ment to be broken

/me runs
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

mdevol Game profile

Jun 11th 2014, 1:23:58

Tella, please read the news between #26 and myself...

That should be provocation enough
Surely what a man does when he is caught off his guard is the best evidence as to what sort of man he is. - C.S. Lewis

tellarion Game profile

Jun 11th 2014, 2:37:20

Scode, anyone with half a brain would look t that situation and say 'hey, they were at war' and then stay the hell out of it. And no, just declaring war on the boards or sending a single ab isnt enough. We are thinking of adding a rule regarding minimum number of attacks in a specified period, maybe 48 hours.

tellarion Game profile

Jun 11th 2014, 2:40:24

Mdevol, what am I supposed to be seeing? I see nothing before your ten nukes...

mdevol Game profile

Jun 11th 2014, 4:25:15

oh, naw, nevermind I was thinking of the other guy we killed. I was just dropping nukes on this guy because that was the target posted and he flipped and went nuts on me for only 2 nukes getting through. Noob. We can blame this issue on Syko for not having a competent warring clan.

iScode Game profile

Jun 11th 2014, 4:42:30

Originally posted by tellarion:
Scode, anyone with half a brain would look t that situation and say 'hey, they were at war' and then stay the hell out of it. And no, just declaring war on the boards or sending a single ab isnt enough. We are thinking of adding a rule regarding minimum number of attacks in a specified period, maybe 48 hours.

The rules should be clear enough for anyone with less than half a brain.

If you are defining provocation as being hit within that set, then the rules need to stipulate that, I simple follow the guidelines you as moderators set for us.

I dont like cheating, so I dont cheat, however our actions were within the guidelines set down, if you change them to stipulate what you consider provocation then I will follow that. However as per the rules stated for this reset, we were within our rights based on his actions last set on our tag, nothing in the rules states that we can not see there actions from a previous as provocation for attacking them.
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

tellarion Game profile

Jun 11th 2014, 7:18:22

You guys are smarter than this. Provocation was defined as a least one grab or harmful op. Of course that doesn't carry over from a previous set.

Hey, you hit me four sets ago! I have justification to jump in on the war you're in!

Are you being serious?

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 11th 2014, 7:27:43

Half a brain?!?!?!

Humans only use 10%... http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/4719173

That's why these rules don't work!

/me ducks
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

iScode Game profile

Jun 11th 2014, 7:53:36

Originally posted by tellarion:
After a week of discussion and debate, we have finally nailed down exactly what our intentions were with the new rules changes. On behalf of the moderation team, I apologize for the inconsistencies and the delay in getting this information back to you, but we've reached a consensus on the new rules.

As previously stated, this is a TEAM server that was meant to be played with small, independent teams of 5 players. Allowing multiple teams to operate together as a unified megateam was never the intention, and I personally am sorry that it was allowed to continue in that vein for so long.

Here are the changes:
1) 2+ teams are NOT allowed to work together to kill other teams.(This includes joint killruns and sharing break information)
2) 2+ teams are NOT allowed to declare war on the same team without provocation.
3) Teams are, of course, allowed to set whatever retal policy they wish. If you want to enforce a 1:kill policy, it is not our business.
3a) This means that if you do not want to risk getting killed over a single grab, don't hit a team with such a policy and you're safe for the most part.
3b) In order to help facilitate this, I would encourage all teams to publicly post your retal policies.

4) Untagged countries are NOT protected by these rules. If you want to play untagged, I suggest playing on Express, Tourney or Primary(our solo servers). Multiple teams ARE ALLOWED to attack untagged countries.
5) Untagged countries are NOT ALLOWED to coordinate to attack tagged teams. Attempting to play untagged to circumvent these rules will result in severe punishment.
5a) The rules will apply as normal to 1-country teams, however.

6) Baiting teams into a war on multiple fronts via outrageous tactics will be punished depending on the situation. What I mean by this is:

Team 1+2 both grab Team 3. Team 3 retals appropriately(yes, this is a bit of a gray area), ie 1:1, L:L or what have you. Teams 1+2 refuse to accept retals, or both RoR to provoke a conflict. In such a situation, only one of the two teams(1+2) would be allowed to declare war on Team 3.

7) Cherry-Picking: If there is no provocation, don't do it. If there is provocation, it may be allowed.

8) Ingame events determine whether a team is considered to be 'at war', not posts on Team Talk.

Just because you posted a war dec, doesn't mean anything if you don't do any attacks. And vice versa: Just because someone didn't post a declaration doesn't mean they're not at war, ie the following thread:

http://earthempires.com/...-penance-and-euroix-31846

If you have any questions about these rules, please let us know. As always, moderators have the final say regarding individual cases, with martian being king of the trolls, the andals and the first green men.

I can not see anywhere in that thread where provocation is defined? (On a side note I see you changed the rules during the middle of the set to justify your post, that in my opinion is bullfluff.)

And no im not smarter than this, I am following the rules to the letter, so dont tell me you are showing me lenaniancy when I have followed the rules as defined by the mods.

Even the insinuation that I cheated disgusts me, kill me, mock my intelligence and skills in this game but never ever accuse me of cheating cause that is not something I do...

iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

mdevol Game profile

Jun 11th 2014, 12:42:55

furthermore, that was hardly a war. more like glorified patty cake.

tellarion Game profile

Jun 11th 2014, 12:52:33

I didn't say you were cheating. I said you were violating the rules. And no, I added clearer definitions specifically for your sake a day before the set ended. I didn't change anything, I made it clearer. You guys very obviously violated the rules and I am graciously allowing you one more chance in the hopes that you will stop trying to find ways to manipulate the word of the rules(while ignoring the spirit).

flgatorboy89 Game profile

Jul 1st 2014, 6:16:15

Lol...Iscode will always find a way around the rules, without cheating of course.
Jon
ZT, SoL

<jon> off to bed fluffbeater :p
<mrford> i dont beat fluffs
<mrford> i eat them
<mrford> gosh
<jon> well, fluffeater
<Kat> oookay....

iScode Game profile

Jul 1st 2014, 6:21:45

Originally posted by flgatorboy89:
Lol...Iscode will always find a way around the rules, without cheating of course.

i dont find a way around the rules, I play with in the rules, to the letter of the law. Its not around the rules if it is within the rules :P
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

Alin Game profile

Jul 3rd 2014, 9:08:18

Boltar and tellarion had a sex-chat ?

iScode was watching ?

iScode Game profile

Jul 3rd 2014, 19:26:13

filming.
iScode
God of War