Daveth Game profile

May 17th 2014, 5:10:21

Newish player looking to grab it and wondering how slash bonuses to goining

Kingshaun2k Game profile

May 17th 2014, 9:40:19

What? Your wanting to Join GDI?

Marshal Game profile

May 17th 2014, 10:02:59

you don't need to spend bonuspoints to join gdi, only if you don't want gdi expenses then you need to spend 16 points.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Cannon Game profile

May 17th 2014, 15:57:12

I just click "join GDI". Every time I try to use 16 bonus points to join it wont let me click the box. Anyone else have that happen?

Meile Thorstein

May 17th 2014, 16:00:41

You can join GDI without using yer 16 pts, but you can use those 16 pts for eliminating the GDI membership cost for the remainder of the session.

Kingshaun2k Game profile

May 17th 2014, 17:18:00

I think if you've attacked or done harmful spy ops then you can't join GDI.

Meile Thorstein

May 17th 2014, 18:43:20

Is GDI the U.N. of EE?

Edited By: Meile Thorstein on May 17th 2014, 21:00:56. Reason: mistaken content

Daveth Game profile

May 21st 2014, 12:31:45

yep it hasn't let me do it

Marshal Game profile

May 21st 2014, 18:20:15

Originally posted by Meile Thorstein:
Is GDI the U.N. of EE?

no but bit more effective than un.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Cannon Game profile

May 22nd 2014, 0:54:42

Ya I know you can join without using bonus points and can't once you have done a harmful op, but the GDI box on the bonus page wont click for me. Never has and I've tried almost every reset

Assassin Game profile

May 22nd 2014, 1:00:22

You have to join GDI first, then click on the box on the bonus page.

Wanhoop Game profile

May 22nd 2014, 8:49:23

wiki says
" You cannot join the GDI unless you have not made an attack for at least 18 hours "

but ingame it says

" You can only join GDI if you haven't attacked or done a harmful spy op"

I'm guessing wiki is not to be trusted? I attacked a while ago but that was more then 18 hours. and I cannot join.

forgive me for my crimes, all I wanted was some acress..

Edited By: Wanhoop on May 22nd 2014, 8:53:42
See Original Post

ZoSo

EE Patron

May 22nd 2014, 9:05:38

Originally posted by Cannon:
Ya I know you can join without using bonus points and can't once you have done a harmful op, but the GDI box on the bonus page wont click for me. Never has and I've tried almost every reset

Originally posted by Assassin:
You have to join GDI first, then click on the box on the bonus page.

and you need to have the 16 bonus points available before that box on the bonus page will be active

Xinhuan Game profile

May 22nd 2014, 9:19:19

The wiki is not wrong, but not right either. The Wiki GDI refers to how GDI works on clan servers, and the 18 hour rule is correct.

GDI works differently on solo servers.

Clan servers and Tournament server use GDI version A.
Primary and Express use GDI variant B.

Version A: Joining GDI, cannot have attacked last 18 hours. Countries in GDI cannot be attacked or attack countries that are more than twice, or less than half your NW. (Special attacks and harmful ops are allowed if in the 0.5-2x NW range.) That is, GDI is just a NW restriction. Declare War (an attack type on the War Page) can be used to ignore GDI on a target. You can leave GDI after a minimum duration.

For Tournament server, GDI is forced on all players; new countries start in GDI.

Version B: GDI does not restrict or change NW attack ranges in any way, unlike that of version A. Instead, GDI prevents other countries from using harmful spyops, and/or non-SS non-PS attacks on you, unless you have attacked them at least twice in the reset. That is, GDI is suicide protection. Once you perform a second attack (of any type) on the same country, that country (and only that country) can use any attack type on you, other than the default SS/PS. This is assymetric, you can't use any attack you want on him until he has also done at least 2 attacks on you in total, so the player that is on the receiving end of 2 attacks is said to have "first strike" initiative.

You must join GDI before attacking anyone in any way, or be disallowed permanently from joining GDI. After joining GDI, you may not leave it.

The Declare War attack type does not exist on Primary/Express.