Verified:

mdevol Game profile

May 20th 2014, 17:40:57

that the mainstream media didn't cover.... why not?

http://www.concealednation.org/...se-of-armed-staff-member/
Surely what a man does when he is caught off his guard is the best evidence as to what sort of man he is. - C.S. Lewis

Atryn Game profile

May 20th 2014, 17:59:04

December 2013.

Literally the second sentence of that article ends with "...according to a CNN report."

With a link to the CNN story.

Is CNN no longer considered "mainstream media"?

Stevano Game profile

May 20th 2014, 18:08:02

Never heard of it in MN. And I know why. Because it was stopped by an armed staff member. Now if it wasn't for that staff member more ppl would have died and we would have had a cry for tougher gun control and it would have made headlines across the country. But because an armed staff member stopped it there is nothing the gun control fags can say about it because it was stopped so soon and casualties were minimal.

Heston Game profile

May 20th 2014, 18:21:53

So they had a cop (resource officer) at the school. So what. Cops have guns, they are usually itching to use it. Trying to twist it into an ordinary teacher or citizen volunteer is as twisted as the accusation that the media only reports bad people with guns. I think the guy should be proud for doing his fluffing job.
❤️️Nothing but❤️️💯❤️️❤️️🌺🌸🌹❤️❤️💯

mdevol Game profile

May 20th 2014, 18:27:06

Originally posted by Atryn:
December 2013.

Literally the second sentence of that article ends with "...according to a CNN report."

With a link to the CNN story.

Is CNN no longer considered "mainstream media"?

CNN is not, CNN is now the Malaysian flight search party channel. /s

You know what I mean. There was no outcry about violence in school and a major push for gun control across all the major TV channels like had happened in "the insane amount of mass shootings" (that are actually down in numbers compared to history)

Surely what a man does when he is caught off his guard is the best evidence as to what sort of man he is. - C.S. Lewis

Heston Game profile

May 20th 2014, 18:30:37

I think the reported shootings didnt have steps in place to protect the school. People refuse to believe you have to fight violence with violence.

Pontius Pirate

EE Patron

May 20th 2014, 18:33:14

THE LIBRUL MEDIA
Originally posted by Cerberus:

This guy is destroying the U.S. Dollars position as the preferred exchange for international trade. The Chinese Ruan is going to replace it soon, then the U.S. will not have control of the IMF

Pontius Pirate

EE Patron

May 20th 2014, 18:33:34

its a great thing that this cop managed to shoot this student

This guy is destroying the U.S. Dollars position as the preferred exchange for international trade. The Chinese Ruan is going to replace it soon, then the U.S. will not have control of the IMF

Pontius Pirate

EE Patron

May 20th 2014, 18:33:43

best possible outcome

Heston Game profile

May 20th 2014, 18:42:56

Cop didnt shoot anyone the shooter took his own life.

Pontius Pirate

EE Patron

May 20th 2014, 18:45:04

even better

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

May 20th 2014, 18:52:12

Originally posted by Pontius Pirate:

Not the case here since he shot himself, but at any rate he's no longer a student, domestic terrorist is the proper description of the perp.
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

ericownsyou5 Game profile

May 20th 2014, 19:17:01

Originally posted by Pontius Pirate:

best possible outcome

"I have no idea what I'm talking about, but will fight to the death to defend my stance".

Atryn Game profile

May 20th 2014, 20:08:36

USA Today: http://www.usatoday.com/...-school-shooting/4070815/

And continuing the general trend of idiot, or sick / twisted kids....

http://www.freep.com/...ne-calls-Sterling-Heights

That kid made threatening calls to Sandy Hook, Arapahoe, Virginia Tech, Columbine...

For fun, I guess.

Twiz Game profile

May 20th 2014, 20:56:22

Didn't read the other posts, but because there weren't enough casualties is why it didn't make mainstream media. Retarded, yes I know.

mrford Game profile

May 20th 2014, 20:59:31

amature

everyone knows you shoot the only person with a gun first
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

TAN Game profile

May 20th 2014, 21:49:24

stfu ford
FREEEEEDOM!!!

Angel1 Game profile

May 20th 2014, 22:03:10

I strongly advocate for School Resource Officers in all high schools. Depending on circumstances it may also be a good idea to have SROs serving multiple school duty with middle schools and elementary schools; in some cases, it may be possible to just assign a HS SRO to also serve a couple other middle or elementary schools. All high schools, however, should have an SRO based at the school.
-Angel1

mdevol Game profile

May 20th 2014, 22:20:46

I am not a huge advocate of SRO's personally. I dont see the need for a police state type system. While no childs life is worth losing...placo.g police officers in every school is a drastic over-reaction to a small problem. School shooting remain very very rare. And when they happen, it is not a random thing unplanned.

I will elaborate on this later when I get home but the point of this post was to show the idiocy of media. A SRO being very much the reason this potenrial mass shooting was curtailed quickly would have sold millions of copies and clicks. It just didnt fit the agenda or the narrative at the time.

braden Game profile

May 21st 2014, 1:38:47

can a school resource officer arrest somebody for stealing a wallet, pushing your marijuana or your snow on a sunny spring summer or chilled fall afternoon? maybe offering a ride on a train that may travel north or south, east or west, but never travel in the direction of a feeling of sheer, pure unadulterated bliss? will the SRO prevent me from getting wet, even though i left my swimtrunks at home and we have no pool, even to begin with?

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

May 21st 2014, 2:33:43

I had heard about this. You all didn't?
But maybe because I have Colorado news fb pages on my fb. But I thought I seen it on the news on tv.

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

ZoSo

EE Patron

May 21st 2014, 4:38:28

It was all over the news, just two weeks before Christmas. And then again eight days later when the victim died of her injuries. And yes the OP's link points right to a CNN link.
CNN not mainstream? lol
Just do a google search 'Arapahoe High School shooting' or if you prefer run multiple searches suffixing each search with nbc, cbs, abc, foxnews, today show, wsj, usa today, nyt, and on and on and on.

Unless those aren't mainstream media in your world either..

ddog Game profile

May 21st 2014, 5:19:56

Imaginary Meme: Oh you personally didn't hear about this in the news? Obviously must not have been covered by mainstream media.

Colo Game profile

May 21st 2014, 7:31:42

Originally posted by galleri:
I had heard about this. You all didn't?
But maybe because I have Colorado news fb pages on my fb. But I thought I seen it on the news on tv.

I heard about it!

Strange to read this story again. Was a long time ago but I get why you bring it up devol. In Colorado most high schools have SRO's, but it's not just for shootings.

blid

EE Patron

May 21st 2014, 12:12:26

this guy killed himself, maybe it had something to do with the cop stationed at there, maybe not, but this CNN story wasn't covered by mainstream media, and in conclusion, we need teachers packing heat.
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

Pontius Pirate

EE Patron

May 21st 2014, 12:47:25

Originally posted by blid:
this guy killed himself, maybe it had something to do with the cop stationed at there, maybe not, but this CNN story wasn't covered by mainstream media, and in conclusion, we need teachers packing heat.
the lamestream librul media hiding anti-gun control stories like this

BILL_DANGER Game profile

May 21st 2014, 14:06:29

I TAKE MDEVOL'S POINT TO BE THE CONTRAST BETWEEN THE RELATIVELY MINOR COVERAGE OF THIS EVENT VS THE 24-7 THEMED SPECIAL REPORTS WITH DRAMATIC MUSIC AND CUSTOMIZED GRAPHICS OF OTHER SCHOOL WEAPON-RELATED EVENTS.

I ALSO THINK TWIZ NAILED IT. NOT ENOUGH BODY COUNT FOR THE MEDIA TO DECIDE THEY COULD HAVE A FEEDING FRENZY, WHICH IS NOT TO SAY THAT MEDIA OUTLETS DON'T OBVIOUSLY PUSH PARTICULAR AGENDAS.

BILL

Makolyte Game profile

May 21st 2014, 14:12:29

"The recent shooting in Colorado at Arapahoe High School happened to have a Deputy Sheriff on school grounds who was working as a school resource officer, according to a CNN report. He was in the vicinity of the shooter when the rampage began and was able to end the violence in 80 seconds"

Sweet i love hearing about when people doing their effing job! Please, let's get CNN into the nearest McDonald's and have live coverage of every single patty flip!
--------------------------------------------
Alliance: VP of Death Knights
FFA: XI warrior
--------------------------------------------

Patience Game profile

May 21st 2014, 17:36:19

Originally posted by mdevol:
I am not a huge advocate of SRO's personally. I dont see the need for a police state type system. While no childs life is worth losing...placo.g police officers in every school is a drastic over-reaction to a small problem. School shooting remain very very rare. And when they happen, it is not a random thing unplanned.

I will elaborate on this later when I get home but the point of this post was to show the idiocy of media. A SRO being very much the reason this potenrial mass shooting was curtailed quickly would have sold millions of copies and clicks. It just didnt fit the agenda or the narrative at the time.

I'll be 50 this year, which means I've been out of school for 33 years... but we always had a resource officer in high school. I live in Canada, where stuff like this rarely happens - but I can tell you that our SRO headed off a LOT of problems before they had a chance to become problems. He was a friend, not a cop. He'd give you a lecture if you needed one, but more often he was chaperoning trips, wandering the halls telling jokes, making sure kids felt valued and included, and generally keeping the peace by, well, keeping the damned peace. We never had an issue, largely because he was such a great presence at the school. He bridged the gap by being fair and just, and by just taking the time to notice things. I don't see how an SRO could be anything but an asset, but I don't think they should be placed specifically to combat school shooters. They should be there to head off the school shooter long before he/she gets to the point of pulling a trigger.

I also don't think having weapons of any kind in a school is a good idea. If an SRO is armed, I guess that's one thing as he/she is trained to handle the weapon in a combat situation. But it's still a weapon that can be grabbed and used by someone else. And allowing anyone other than an SRO to bring a weapon into a school is just sheer idiocy, IMHO.
I cannot see your signature - so if it's witty, put it in a post instead! :p

archaic: Patty, if it was you wearing it, I'd consider a fuzzy pink pig suit to be lingerie. Patty makes pork rock.

Atryn Game profile

May 22nd 2014, 15:41:55

Originally posted by Patience:
I don't see how an SRO could be anything but an asset

Well, financially speaking, they are an expense too.

One SRO per school in the US = 132,000 more government employees to pay. Balance that with the constant calls for lower government payrolls.

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

May 22nd 2014, 18:38:00

I'll be 50 this year, which means I've been out of school for 33 years...

This is bigger and a better convo. Patty is pretty brave giving out that kind of info. I thought you were like still 29? :P

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

Junky Game profile

May 23rd 2014, 23:07:21

The best way to stop more shootings, imo, is to stop reporting the name of the person who shot up a place, and to report only 15minutes worthe of said news.. if it is no longer seen as very important, kids may stop trying to shoot up a place.
I Maybe Crazy... But atleast I'm crazy.

Detmer Game profile

May 23rd 2014, 23:36:04

I'll be 50 this year, which means I've been out of school for 33 years... but we always had a resource officer in high school. I live in Canada, where stuff like this rarely happens - but I can tell you that our SRO headed off a LOT of problems before they had a chance to become problems. He was a friend, not a cop. He'd give you a lecture if you needed one, but more often he was chaperoning trips, wandering the halls telling jokes, making sure kids felt valued and included, and generally keeping the peace by, well, keeping the damned peace. We never had an issue, largely because he was such a great presence at the school. He bridged the gap by being fair and just, and by just taking the time to notice things. I don't see how an SRO could be anything but an asset, but I don't think they should be placed specifically to combat school shooters. They should be there to head off the school shooter long before he/she gets to the point of pulling a trigger.

I also don't think having weapons of any kind in a school is a good idea. If an SRO is armed, I guess that's one thing as he/she is trained to handle the weapon in a combat situation. But it's still a weapon that can be grabbed and used by someone else. And allowing anyone other than an SRO to bring a weapon into a school is just sheer idiocy, IMHO.

I was contemplating how to reply to this thread and then I saw this post.

This. Just this.

hoop Game profile

May 24th 2014, 22:13:15

that the mainstream media didn't cover.... why not?

http://www.concealednation.org/...se-of-armed-staff-member/

Argument, we need less guns in society. I guess this still works but it was less bad because of another gun, so maybe this won't work for the anti gun lobby.

Argument, people won't use guns when they know others will be armed. This works in that he killed himself, but not until after shooting. So you don't really get to make this argument either.

If the cop killed the shooters, major story. If the kid killed another dozen people and the cop failed, major story. The middle ground isn't so great.

hoop Game profile

May 24th 2014, 22:21:06

We had cops in the school, no clue what their title was. I saw a kid punch the vice principal in the face, he got a pretty good hit in. A solid broke nose and some blood to go with it. Not a bad thing to have someone with the authority to arrest a kid like that.

Were they of a lot of value? I can't say, I can't go back and redo high school without them to see. That said between drug use (which we still think is a big deal) and just teens being stupid they aren't the worst things to have in a school guns or not.

flgatorboy89 Game profile

May 25th 2014, 3:10:46

In my area we have an SRO at elementary, middle , and high school level.
The SRO I had in middle school followed my class to high school. This is not normal?
Jon
ZT, SoL

<jon> off to bed fluffbeater :p
<mrford> i dont beat fluffs
<mrford> i eat them
<mrford> gosh
<jon> well, fluffeater
<Kat> oookay....

mdevol Game profile

May 25th 2014, 6:32:07

I didn't have an SRO until High School and he wasn't allowed to drive a cruiser because he got a DUI for hitting an older couple and hospitalizing the lady. He was more of a joke than anything. We never had major issues in my school and I would say about 90% of the students had access to guns at home, if not more. We we just taught from a young age to respect the guns and respect other people.

That said, when I was a boy, parents were still allowed to discipline their children by means other than taking away their iPhone for a couple hours.

Colo Game profile

May 25th 2014, 7:27:57

^Yes. All these anti gun people never had the dad to teach them the power of a gun and what it really means. It's a different age though. Some men will still stand up and protect what they love ( Kids, wife, family, property) and lay down their life for what they believe, while other "men" go get manicures and pedicures. Seriously though, I had a couple buddies from the east coast and the first time they said lets go get mani pedis, I laughed. I guess it wasn't a joke though.

BILL_DANGER Game profile

May 26th 2014, 6:29:31

NOTHING WRONG WITH BEING WELL GROOMED AND WELL ARMED!
HA!
BILL