Administrator
Game Development

May 2nd 2014, 21:23:59

http://www.protectedintersection.com/

Damnit i wish we even had protected bike lanes in Edmonton... =(
Finally did the signature thing.

iScode Game profile

May 2nd 2014, 23:08:27

i wish we had special lanes set up where you get to run over stupid bikers!
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

Suni Game profile

May 2nd 2014, 23:37:45

And I suppose you would like special lanes where you could run over people who are walking as well, Scode?

iScode Game profile

May 2nd 2014, 23:50:59

no walkers are all good, just those annonying lycra wearing pricks :P
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

Suni Game profile

May 2nd 2014, 23:53:07

what about walkers who wear lycra?

iScode Game profile

May 2nd 2014, 23:54:40

oh now they deserve a beating.

Thats a whole other level of douchiness.
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

Suni Game profile

May 3rd 2014, 0:00:03

Then I have a job for you, he runs and wears lime green lycra.................

iScode Game profile

May 3rd 2014, 0:01:37

ok where is my ticket and im on my way!
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

Suni Game profile

May 3rd 2014, 0:02:53

ticket?

iScode Game profile

May 3rd 2014, 0:09:10

plane ticket

to come and deal to the green lycra wearing fag
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

Suni Game profile

May 3rd 2014, 0:15:40

parcel yourself up and hit the shipping lanes :)

iScode Game profile

May 3rd 2014, 0:17:49

pffft i would be an oversize item, might be cheaper for a ticket lol
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

Suni Game profile

May 3rd 2014, 0:25:15

successful hijacking of qz's thread, we are done here :)

iScode Game profile

May 3rd 2014, 0:26:27

love your work hun :)
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

Angel1 Game profile

May 3rd 2014, 0:30:46

My dad always told me that the bigger load had the right of way...since a vehicle driver is unlikely to be harmed in a crash with a bike, they don't have death as an incentive to not be stupid. Bikers, however, should remember that they have death as an incentive to treat every driver a potential idiot.

Bicyclists should also try not to be idiots themselves and they should strive to follow all relevant laws, including the law against obstructing the normal flow of traffic (which TN has).
-Angel1

iScode Game profile

May 3rd 2014, 0:32:48

or the law telling them they must bike in single file, not in fluffing groups
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

May 3rd 2014, 3:13:53

Originally posted by Angel1:
My dad always told me that the bigger load had the right of way...since a vehicle driver is unlikely to be harmed in a crash with a bike, they don't have death as an incentive to not be stupid. Bikers, however, should remember that they have death as an incentive to treat every driver a potential idiot.

Bicyclists should also try not to be idiots themselves and they should strive to follow all relevant laws, including the law against obstructing the normal flow of traffic (which TN has).

That's kindof stupid when it comes to cyclists and cars though. Bicycles ought to have the right of way as it's very little effort for a driver to stop/accelerate, as opposed to the cyclist. Cars also stop a lot faster than bicycles.

As for not being idiots, I agree -- however, I also would point out that it's idiotic to drive right beside the curb, and extremely dangerous, especially if there's debris/sand/gravel there; ride 1/3 into the lane minimum; cars can go around you. The speed limit is, afterall, a maximum, not a minimum.

HavocMD

May 3rd 2014, 4:19:31

Originally posted by iScode:
plane ticket

First of all I'm bi so not quite a fag. Second, It's called a tri suit and used when training for a triathlon so you can bike your 50mi and then get in a good 10mi run without stopping your workout.

So please, come and "deal" with me. I'll even pay for your ticket so you can try and beat me up or whatever. I think that would be pretty damn funny.

Seriously though, if you're in a car, it takes an extra 15 seconds out of your day to pass a bike correctly (i.e. not 3 inches from my handlebars) Please do that. I'm keeping your medical insurance low as long as you don't knock me off my bike so you can stuff your face with another cheeseburger.

iScode Game profile

May 3rd 2014, 5:05:40

Originally posted by HavocMD:
plane ticket

First of all I'm bi so not quite a fag. Second, It's called a tri suit and used when training for a triathlon so you can bike your 50mi and then get in a good 10mi run without stopping your workout.

So please, come and "deal" with me. I'll even pay for your ticket so you can try and beat me up or whatever. I think that would be pretty damn funny.

Seriously though, if you're in a car, it takes an extra 15 seconds out of your day to pass a bike correctly (i.e. not 3 inches from my handlebars) Please do that. I'm keeping your medical insurance low as long as you don't knock me off my bike so you can stuff your face with another cheeseburger.

Woo woo woo

Calm down bro, geeeez just joking aroud, obviously this is a sensative subject for you.

Im not THAT much of an arsehole that I would actually physically beat someone up for wearing lycra without provocation, I am just one of those arseholes that would joke about other peoples choices in life and how stupid they look. Don't take offense because im a judgmental arsehole just laugh and shake your head and think to yourself, what a fluffing idiot.

God damn people take offense far to easily these days
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

iScode Game profile

May 3rd 2014, 5:06:38

On a side note, will you really buy me a ticket to what ever country you live? Cause if you serious im keen, PM me details and ill get working on my passport
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

ddog Game profile

May 3rd 2014, 5:59:01

Im imagining every cyclist I pass in edmonton is qzjul now.

iScode Game profile

May 3rd 2014, 6:34:07

lol shout random questions at them that only qzjul will know the answer to till you find him :P
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

ddog Game profile

May 3rd 2014, 6:42:24

That just may work if he lives around the UofA...

Heston Game profile

May 3rd 2014, 7:33:16

Dont matter whos catching or pitching. :-\ bi is fag. There are no exceptions.
❤️️Nothing but❤️️💯❤️️❤️️🌺🌸🌹❤️❤️💯

Angel1 Game profile

May 3rd 2014, 16:36:48

No, motorists should have the right of way, but a duty to safely pass bicyclists. The onus needs to be on the bicyclists because if they get stupid, they get dead. Bicyclists have way more to lose and very little to do to prevent bad incidents. qzjul, When bicyclists have a line of cars behind them...they need to pull off and let the cars go by. Those that do garner the thanks of the drivers and encourage drivers to show bikers more respect because the driver is receiving due respect. Speed limits are not just a maximum, they are the speed you should be going or you should be pulling over to let faster drivers go by. Bicyclists that ignore the law against impeding the normal flow of traffic should be pulled over and ticketed. Respect is a two way street and a lot of the motorists in the area I live are fed up with the local bicyclists expecting the motorists to respect them and giving no respect in return.

There are some roads where bicyclists just need to be banned from on account of it being impossible for a motorist to safely pass them. If not banned, then the police on mountain roads need to strictly enforce the law against impeding traffic. This is particularly true where I live. One person here wrote a letter to the editor that basically said that bicyclists were not welcome on the mountain roads because they weren't being respectful of motorists.
-Angel1

All Explore For Li

EE Patron

May 3rd 2014, 22:02:38

I could be wrong here but I always thought bikes had to follow the rules of the road just as a motor vehicle would?

I will give California props on bicycle lanes. They are everywhere. CA is a very biker friendly state.

Trife Game profile

May 4th 2014, 1:37:14

I preach tolerance for all people...

Except bicyclists and Canadians. fluff em

iScode Game profile

May 4th 2014, 2:05:56

Canadians = Americans

so yes no tolerance for Americans!
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

ssewellusmc

May 4th 2014, 2:13:08

Canadians = Americans

so yes no tolerance for Americans!

Canadians aren't Americans. Canadians have beady eyes, floppy heads, and drink maple syrup.

iScode Game profile

May 4th 2014, 2:16:35

Canada is in North America is it not???

Therefor Americans

You are not the only country that is part of America, but like all of the people in the USA you only think of yourselves!!!

Just like boltar does with his fluffed up war chat times in EST time not GT, fluff YOU BOLTAR YOU fluff
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

ssewellusmc

May 4th 2014, 2:23:21

We are called Americans because we are citizens of the United States of America. Canadians are Canadian because they are citizens of Canada.

Your logic would have been correct if you said Canadians =North Americans.

iScode Game profile

May 4th 2014, 2:25:45

nope your wrong

everyone who is the Americas is an American, whether you like it or not, it has been that way since the colonies were discovered.

Just because you want the USA to be special does not mean the rest of the world will follow suit.

Sorry to say it but even those dirty cali drug slum lords are americans :P

Dirty dirty Americans
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

ssewellusmc

May 4th 2014, 2:50:01

I see the jelousy is strong in this one.

iScode Game profile

May 4th 2014, 2:52:49

na not jelly, I love my country, we are not important and out of the way, just how I like it (cause you wont see us coming haha)
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

ssewellusmc

May 4th 2014, 2:53:56

(Wouldnt notice them missing either)

iScode Game profile

May 4th 2014, 2:57:56

yip, just the way I like it!

now if only all the fluffing foreigners would fluff off
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

ssewellusmc

May 4th 2014, 3:08:30

Goobacks?

iScode Game profile

May 4th 2014, 3:11:28

I dont know what you mean by that word sorry
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

ssewellusmc

May 4th 2014, 3:14:28

iScode Game profile

May 4th 2014, 4:04:50

ahhh yes, except I dont discriminate I hate all immigrants

be it english, american, asian, indian, african, they can all fluff off.

Unless you were born her before a set date then you can go home, come for a visit is ok, but no staying k
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

May 4th 2014, 20:06:31

If you really think this would work, you are high on dangerous drugs. Douchebags abound in cars in the US.

Inevitably, one or more of those douchebags will figure that they can use that "protected corner" to bypass the signal that they would rather not obey since their agenda is so much more important than anyone else's.

This would just open the door to even greater levels of douchebaggery.
I don't need anger management, people need to stop pissing me off!

iScode Game profile

May 4th 2014, 20:14:56

oh god

so sick of the overuse of the word agenda.
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

May 4th 2014, 21:01:16

Originally posted by Cerberus:
If you really think this would work, you are high on dangerous drugs. Douchebags abound in cars in the US.

Inevitably, one or more of those douchebags will figure that they can use that "protected corner" to bypass the signal that they would rather not obey since their agenda is so much more important than anyone else's.

This would just open the door to even greater levels of douchebaggery.

You're telling me that this intersection design would make americans drive worse?

Heston Game profile

May 4th 2014, 22:42:20

This intersection design would further piss off Californians making them even worse drivers. It would also be one more fluffing delay.

major Game profile

May 4th 2014, 22:50:53

yes the drug lords are indeed allowed to be called americans.... but thats as far as we go. canadians are, well..... canadians.

Angel1 Game profile

May 4th 2014, 23:45:03

Originally posted by Heston:
This intersection design would further piss off Californians making them even worse drivers. It would also be one more fluffing delay.

I think you're understating just how many people this design would tick off. I could see this used in an area designed for pedestrians and bicyclists where it is intended that people would park their cars on the exterior of the area and then walk or bike everywhere. However, at any other intersection, it's just going to piss people off and public officials would lose their jobs very quickly over this one.
-Angel1

Heston Game profile

May 5th 2014, 0:34:29

Davis California is a bicyclist city. Everyone rides. Its also a college town focusing on farming, agriculture and medicine. I dont know how they make it work. I do know that the city of davis was concerned about some spotted frog that migrates across I-80 yearly getting squashed by passing cars. The solution was a tunnel under the freeway (8 lanes) specifically for the frogs. How many here believe the frogs found that tunnel and used it? It was a several million dollar frog crossing. They thought it was better than nothing. All local funds too.

Colo Game profile

May 5th 2014, 1:35:23

Originally posted by qzjul:

...Cars also stop a lot faster than bicycles.

Dunno how often you cycle, but bicycles definitely stop faster.

GodHead Dibs Game profile

May 7th 2014, 17:35:20

qzjul doesn't know anything about physics? how much effort does it take to stop 200-250 pounds vs stopping 2 tons? yah, cars stop faster. well, unless da power brakes fail.
Dibs Ludicrous was here.

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

May 7th 2014, 18:08:55

Originally posted by Colo:
Originally posted by qzjul:

...Cars also stop a lot faster than bicycles.

Dunno how often you cycle, but bicycles definitely stop faster.

I cycle frequently. Stopping quickly at 70km/h on a bicycle is tricky. Having nearly rear-ended cars slowing down at that speed, I can tell you they can stop faster than I can, especially going down a hill. Cars don't endo.