Verified:

Cable Game profile

Apr 29th 2014, 11:38:44

rion

Game Moderator
Express

Apr 29th 2014, 5:14:41

Cable, I never saw any names that outrageous, and I certainly was never alerted to any name like what blid mentioned in this thread, else I probably would have changed it. The only specific name you ever complained about to me was something like 'Cable likes it in the bum', and I didn't see anything worse than that. If that is enough to cause you to step it up to what you did last week, then you need to get off the internet and save yourself while you can.

For ALL of you, if you want mods to change a name you deem offensive, you NEED TO LET US KNOW. I usually don't look at every single name every set. And a reminder, if you don't like my response, you can ask the other express mods, Warster and Galleri. And if you don't like what all 3 of us have done, you can go to martian. 

Stop complaining about things here on the forums when you won't even bother to follow the recommended course of action, ie reporting ingame and PMing moderators

Since you closed the thread that makes replying a pain, I said to you if he continued to continue to herass me and be offensive, which is clearly an escalating scale if you look at those country names and you wouldn't deal with it I would. You still don't seem to get the point, I can take a joke, but 5 weeks is no longer a joke, that's personally attacking a player week after week.

he says I can say whatever I want so I did, then he says I can say anything about him but not his family, I'm 100% sure he would complain to the mods if I wrote something just as offensive about just him.

I get you do things for free and appreciate it, but dont inforce the rules one way, I followed proper procedure as the joke got old. Other players brought it up you continued to do nothing, so I delt with it and I will deal with it again and continue to stick up for what I believe in and myself.

Feel free to delete my country next time I make an offensive name its just a game and its only a week long but dont expect to gain many players when you dont enforce the rules.

tellarion Game profile

Apr 29th 2014, 11:50:57

There's a difference between saying 'some people are using my name in an offensive manner' in a forum thread and '#xxx is using an offensive name' in a pm or ingame report. As I've said multiple times and regarding many many different issues, if you want us to do something, then tell us directly and/or use the ingame reporting tool.

If someone makes a country called 'Cable likes it in the bum', then I'm sorry, I won't be changing the name. You can try your luck with another mod, by all means.

But seriously Cable, if you cannot understand the difference between some of the names people have been using to irritate you, and what you did last week, you really need to quit the game and think about your life decisions.

SINCE CAPSLOCK SEEMS TO GATHER SOME PEOPLE'S ATTENTION BETTER THAN OTHER MEANS, LET ME REITERATE: PLEASE MESSAGE A MODERATOR DIRECTLY AND/OR USE THE INGAME REPORTING TOOL. SENDING AN UNSPECIFIC MESSAGE OR JUST fluffING ON THE FORUMS IS UNLIKELY TO GET THE RESULTS YOU WANT.

tellarion Game profile

Apr 29th 2014, 11:53:07

PS: I didn't see the country names because nobody pointed them out. You sent me a single message about the 'Cable _____' names in general, and didn't point out anything specifically. If there is a particular name that you think violates our policies, then you need to let us know.

Cable Game profile

Apr 29th 2014, 12:21:52

no problem

Apr 09

To:  Cable

Care to delete the guy this week? I find that statment that I have female gentals offensive. Or should I just push back and make really offensive names

not bothering to read what you post but I will post messages from me to you

Cable Game profile

Apr 29th 2014, 12:23:56

Cable

Mar 31

To:  tellarion

Can you message whoever that is and say enough with the offensive "Cable ______" country names. Its getting rather old.

Mar 31

Ill watch it next set. If they use derogatory language ill ask them to change it. Its not really our policy to change it unless its too offensive

tellarion Game profile

Apr 29th 2014, 12:52:57

Originally posted by Cable:
no problem

Apr 09

Care to delete the guy this week? I find that statment that I have female gentals offensive. Or should I just push back and make really offensive names

not bothering to read what you post but I will post messages from me to you

"From: Cable
To: Cable"

That would explain your problem right there... So not only did you not send the message to me, I was in the process of moving and didn't have internet at the time and was limited to my cellphone, and my ability to monitor the server as much as I typically do was limited.

As far as the message dated the 31st, the only names I had seen up to that point were basically 'cable whines too much'. The one you attempted to reference in your April 9th post was the first one that I would deem offensive and I probably would have changed it.

hsifreta Game profile

Apr 29th 2014, 14:43:35

yeah, you have to be careful not to reply yourself with our message system. =P

Cable Game profile

Apr 29th 2014, 15:30:25

Fair enough, would appear I did message myself like a tool. Must be more careful when replying in the future.

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 29th 2014, 17:22:01

Cable is a tool :)

RaTS FYA Game profile

Apr 30th 2014, 3:44:12

I'm gonna make a cable name this reset
<~qzjul> it gives you a good introduction to orbital mechanics and a good appreciation for how central delta-V is and thrust to weight ratio
<RaTSFYA>The only thrust to weight ratio I'm worried about involves the women I pick up at bars

Jayr Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 30th 2014, 4:02:29

Edited By: Jayr on Oct 31st 2020, 14:19:21
wasn't me...

RaTS FYA Game profile

Apr 30th 2014, 7:31:27

Omfg don't do it. If you do I will have to cry on the boards a bunch, then send myself hate mail, then make disgusting country names about your child relatives
<~qzjul> it gives you a good introduction to orbital mechanics and a good appreciation for how central delta-V is and thrust to weight ratio
<RaTSFYA>The only thrust to weight ratio I'm worried about involves the women I pick up at bars

h2orich Game profile

Apr 30th 2014, 8:03:17

whats so offensive about a country name, anyone can insult me for all I care. You guys takes things too seriously.