Verified:

Kingshaun2k Game profile

Mar 29th 2014, 9:57:48

Theres to many bottom feeders its impossible to defend against, i was attacked 5 times last night, 2 people from the top 10 and 3 just out of the top 10. Sucks doesnt it, its not really fair on the people that are 5x smaller than them.

h2orich Game profile

Mar 29th 2014, 11:30:12

the key to stay competitive in primary to be in the top 50 so that the top people won't bottom feed you..

Cable Game profile

Mar 29th 2014, 12:34:19

Its a bad server to learn on, thats the bottom line of it. If you cant stay in the top where top players will ignore you due to the fact that you can and will retal you will get hit. Its really the same on any solo server accept this server has a longer time line then the others.

LATC Game profile

Mar 29th 2014, 13:25:56

Too*
Except*

Also, bonus.
Originally posted by Xinhuan:
Are you guys stupid or what?

Cannon Game profile

Mar 29th 2014, 16:23:19

I've been there when I started man. It's frustrating but keep learning by watching how the top guys are playing and in a couple sets you wont be getting bottomfed.

crest23 Game profile

Mar 29th 2014, 16:52:36

At least not until the second half of the second month when there's no one else to hit. Brutal server this is.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

Xinhuan Game profile

Mar 29th 2014, 16:58:17

Originally posted by Kingshaun2k:
Theres to many bottom feeders its impossible to defend against, i was attacked 5 times last night, 2 people from the top 10 and 3 just out of the top 10. Sucks doesnt it, its not really fair on the people that are 5x smaller than them.

But since everyone started the server at the same time, the people in the top 10 must have gotten there somehow in a more efficient manner than you (using turns and land more efficiently). Once you get there, it is far easier to stay in the lead (though quite possible to lose it as well).

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 29th 2014, 17:20:09

Originally posted by Cable:
Its a bad server to learn on, thats the bottom line of it. If you cant stay in the top where top players will ignore you due to the fact that you can and will retal you will get hit. Its really the same on any solo server accept this server has a longer time line then the others.

In my case I have learned the netting aspects much better here than the other servers, but that was just my experience ;-)
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 29th 2014, 19:18:30

There are no alliances on this server, you could always punish severe grabs with specialized attacks and let the guy know you just aren't going to lay there, if a few of those bottiomfeeders see the news that you punish aggressors, they will bypass you in favor of somebody who just lays there and takes it. Just be moderate in your specialized attack punishment so that you don't drive it all the way to where you must kill the guy, or you'll sepdn the entire set entangled with the guy you already don't like.

You don't have to stand tall, but you DO have to stand up.
I don't need anger management, people need to stop pissing me off!

Kingshaun2k Game profile

Mar 29th 2014, 22:10:43

Next set I plan to go all out tech and get as many missiles as possible and teach a few of them a lesson ;)

Kingshaun2k Game profile

Mar 30th 2014, 10:50:22

Got hit twice again off someone in the top 10, should something not be done to avoid this, it's like the top people bully you, no wonder not many people play the game as the probably get sick of it!!

Kingshaun2k Game profile

Mar 30th 2014, 10:55:50

I can't even send missiles at him because he's GDI, what the fluff!?

Marshal Game profile

Mar 30th 2014, 14:29:58

he hasn't broken gdi yet.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

SAM_DANGER Game profile

Mar 30th 2014, 14:49:16

IF YOU CAN'T FIRE A MISSILE AT HIM, HE HASN'T HIT YOU TWICE.

PLAYING A TECH COUNTRY NEXT RESET WOULD PROBABLY BE A BAD IDEA FOR YOU. AFTER THE PHENOMENAL TECH MARKET THIS RESET, THERE WILL BE A GLUT OF TECH COUNTRIES NEXT RESET. TECH PRICES WILL BE LOW.

JUST BUY ENOUGH WARFARE TECH TO KEEP YOUR CHANCE OF A NEW DISCOVERY AROUND 1.5% TO 2%. THAT EASILY CREATES ENOUGH TO MAKE PEOPLE THINK TWICE ABOUT BREAKING GDI ON YOU. AFTER A COUPLE WEEKS, YOU SHOULD HAVE IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD OF 15 MISSILES.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 31st 2014, 7:28:21

Got hit twice again off someone in the top 10, should something not be done to avoid this, it's like the top people bully you, no wonder not many people play the game as the probably get sick of it!!

Pack many tanks and missiles, it's a good deterrent ;-)
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 1st 2014, 20:46:01

Originally posted by KoHeartsGPA:

Pack many tanks and missiles, it's a good deterrent ;-)

Good Advice here. Beef up your tanks and missiles, when they spy on you, and they usually will, if you have enough tanks to threaten them, they will normally bypass you and find easier prey.

Oh, and beef up your spies to make them have to work to get that intel report.
I don't need anger management, people need to stop pissing me off!

Cannon Game profile

Apr 2nd 2014, 0:19:16

I totally agree with the spies advice. If I'm playing commie or something that generates a lot even on a failed op I'll try a few more times but if I'm playing techer and losing spies and turns while gaining nothing I'll generally move on to a country with a lower SPAL quicker. The downside of this is that spies are expensive so you have to make a decision. For a smaller country I would definitely get a higher SPAL, some spy tech and fill my intel alliance slots. It may only save you against a few grabs but it will definitely help

hsifreta Game profile

Apr 7th 2014, 15:58:59

keep up, dont get grabbed. you have DRs to protect you every 3 days, store up cash to do a heap of mid/bottomfeeding and jump on def, esp after you get farmed a bit yourself. and keep doing that, until you can afford enough def to maintain.

loosecannon Game profile

Apr 8th 2014, 14:08:51

I have not played this game in many years. 2006 of 2007 cant really remember but what I do remember is how to stop people from bottom feeding. Learn to top feed ! make your country 100% indy and make 100% jets and at the end of your turn sell some jets on the market for money to buy food and oil when needed.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 8th 2014, 14:17:13

Originally posted by loosecannon:
I have not played this game in many years. 2006 of 2007 cant really remember but what I do remember is how to stop people from bottom feeding. Learn to top feed ! make your country 100% indy and make 100% jets and at the end of your turn sell some jets on the market for money to buy food and oil when needed.

What??, no, that will make you an instant farm, its not 2007.
(•_•)

loosecannon Game profile

Apr 8th 2014, 15:51:13

I use to know people that ran between 10 - 100 countries a piece all of them jetters. lol we took out any and all that tried to farm us. no one ever got to big to hit. I understand that was many years ago but this seems to be the same game so far? top feeds used to give 3 to 4 times the amount then bottom feeds. has that changed? This is still a war game right ? Well hopefully I will reconnect with some old friends and hopefully make some new ones as well. I do remember this game being so much fun. lol

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 8th 2014, 16:40:45

Play express for few weeks to get used to the play, if you go all jetter to get more land from topfeeds, you will be vulnerable and will lose more than you get from topfeeding, overall not a viable strat to grow.
(•_•)

loosecannon Game profile

Apr 8th 2014, 17:40:50

XBATTLEX DKnights DKrahl Any of these tags still going?

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 8th 2014, 19:03:28

XBATTLEX DKnights DKrahl Any of these tags still going?

Look at my sig!, DKnights in 1a :-)
(•_•)

Serpentor Game profile

Apr 8th 2014, 20:32:53

The old 1B.... 10 countries per player. Lol
The EEVIL Empire

neversilence

Apr 8th 2014, 21:52:47

Lots of good advice but my guess is he needs a turn for turn start up to avoid this from happening.

Kingshaun2k Game profile

Apr 8th 2014, 22:42:43

What's a good ratio of jets:turrets?

I currently have 6173 acres, 3.9million networth. 2 million turrets and 2.4 million jets, currently 400k of them on the market.

loosecannon Game profile

Apr 8th 2014, 23:22:32

who only ran ten back then. lol besides me of course

Cannon Game profile

Apr 9th 2014, 0:22:21

The loose version of myself, whats up.

Kingshaun2K, a good ratio of jets:turrets is 1:1, although for grabbing purposes I always tend to keep my jets slightly higher. This round I was running a 60:40 jets to turrets ratio. The bigger the percentage of jets you have the riskier it is for being grabbed and ultimately farmed

SAM_DANGER Game profile

Apr 9th 2014, 1:17:19

I currently have 6173 acres, 3.9million networth. 2 million turrets and 2.4 million jets, currently 400k of them on the market.

THANKS FOR THE FREE SPY OP! ;)

SERIOUSLY THOUGH, THE TURRET TO JET RATIO YOU RUN IS ENTIRELY SITUATIONAL. AROUND 50/50 IS A FAIRLY GOOD RULE, BUT THERE CAN BE TIMES WHEN YOU WANT TO GO MUCH HEAVIER ON ONE OR THE OTHER.

WHEN I PLAY COMMIE INDY, I AM USUALLY MESSING WITH THOSE PRODUCTION LEVELS DAILY. THE ONLY THING THAT NEVER CHANGES IS SPY PRODUCTION SET TO 10% UNTIL I'M AT 1 MILLION SPIES OR HIGHER. (MANY WOULD SAY THAT IS OVERKILL BUT I LIKE INFORMATION!)

BEFORE PLAYING TURNS EACH DAY, I WILL SET PRODUCTION TO 10/90 SPIES/JETS. THEN MY FIRST FEW TURNS EACH DAY ARE ALWAYS SPENT GATHERING SPY OPS. BY DOING SO, YOU'RE PUMPING UP YOUR JETS PRIOR TO MAKING ATTACKS. ONCE YOU'VE GOT ALL THE INTEL YOU NEED, IF YOU'VE GOT ENOUGH JETS TO DO ALL THE GRABBING YOU WANT TO DO, CHANGE PRODUCTION TO 10/90 SPIES/TURRETS. LEAVE IT SET AT THAT FOR THE REST OF YOUR TURNS. GRAB GRAB GRAB, SELL TURRETS ON THE MARKET, LOG OUT.

DID YOU GET YOUR INDY TECH UP TO 150+? THAT IS ALWAYS MORE IMPORTANT THAN GAINING LAND.

ALSO IMPORTANT FOR THE INDUSTRIALIST IS WEAPONS TECH. MANY PLAYERS NEGLECT THIS CATEGORY. HOWEVER, KEEPING WEAPONS TECH HIGH ALLOWS YOU TO HAVE THE SAME STRENGTH WITH LESS MILITARY, AND THEREFORE LOWER EXPENSES. A NICE SIDE EFFECT IS THAT OCCASIONALLY SOMEONE WHO IS BAD AT MATH WILL BOUNCE HIS ATTACK ON YOU BECAUSE HE CALCULATED YOUR STRENGTH INCORRECTLY.

IF YOU'RE IN GDI AND NEVER EVER ATTACK ANYONE MORE THAN ONCE, YOU CAN AND SHOULD COMPLETELY IGNORE TROOPS AND TANKS. JETS/TURRETS WILL GET YOU MUCH MORE BANG FOR YOUR BUCK. IF YOU'RE MAKING MULTIPLE ATTACKS ON ANYONE THOUGH, YOU'LL NEED TO KEEP ENOUGH TROOPS/TANKS ON HAND TO KEEP YOURSELF RELATIVELY SAFE FROM AN ANGRY VICTIM.

I'M OF THE OPINION THAT GOING ALL JETS IS A VERY BAD IDEA, BUT IF YOU'VE GOT WEAPONS TECH HIGH AND THE PEOPLE WHO ARE HITTING YOU DON'T, IT CAN BE BENEFICIAL TO GO JET HEAVY.. FOR A SHORT TIME.

COMMIE INDY IS THE ABSOLUTE EASIEST STRATEGY TO START OUT WITH, BUT IT IS NOT EASY TO MASTER. IT IS USUALLY A DELICATE BALANCING ACT, ESPECIALLY IF YOU FALL BEHIND EARLY.

Serpentor Game profile

Apr 9th 2014, 1:35:04

The violent pacifist nailed it.
The EEVIL Empire

hsifreta Game profile

Apr 9th 2014, 2:38:32

get some warfare tech. people tend not to have too much SDI in this server. =D

hsifreta Game profile

Apr 9th 2014, 2:39:35

and be smart, dont post exact information. especially if you're new. you're going to be farmed =P

i think your country name also gets you farmed. =P

Edited By: hsifreta on Apr 9th 2014, 2:44:34
See Original Post

hsifreta Game profile

Apr 9th 2014, 2:49:04

judging at how you play and what your country looks like without a spy op, i'd say you don't have much indy tech and thats why you're not growing. dont need too many jets to bottomfeed, sell off those jets, and put production on 100% turrets. explore to 9k acres, before you start grabbing again, and dont retal using special attacks because that reduces your DRs and makes you farmable again. Just take hits, and ignore them and grow until you have the power to strike back. once you have a good indy tech level (150% min), store turns and put production on 100% jets to do a couple of good topfeeds/retals. i'd keep 4-5m turrets until you have good tech, then switch to 3:2 jet:turret ratio for gaining on these top guys.

Xinhuan Game profile

Apr 9th 2014, 3:10:06

I use to know people that ran between 10 - 100 countries a piece all of them jetters. lol we took out any and all that tried to farm us. no one ever got to big to hit. I understand that was many years ago but this seems to be the same game so far? top feeds used to give 3 to 4 times the amount then bottom feeds. has that changed? This is still a war game right ? Well hopefully I will reconnect with some old friends and hopefully make some new ones as well. I do remember this game being so much fun. lol

This has changed. You get maxed returns % at 95-100% of your target's NW. Any higher than that, or lower than that, you get less land. It's a bell curve now, no longer a step function like in the old E:2025.

Also DR is also now on halflife, also a smooth curve now, no longer a step function.

Kingshaun2k Game profile

Apr 9th 2014, 6:12:19

Originally posted by hsifreta:
judging at how you play and what your country looks like without a spy op, i'd say you don't have much indy tech and thats why you're not growing. dont need too many jets to bottomfeed, sell off those jets, and put production on 100% turrets. explore to 9k acres, before you start grabbing again, and dont retal using special attacks because that reduces your DRs and makes you farmable again. Just take hits, and ignore them and grow until you have the power to strike back. once you have a good indy tech level (150% min), store turns and put production on 100% jets to do a couple of good topfeeds/retals. i'd keep 4-5m turrets until you have good tech, then switch to 3:2 jet:turret ratio for gaining on these top guys.

I'm currently on 150% Indy tech, I usually just produce jets to sell them on the market. Plus I'm always producing 5% spies at all time while producing 95% of turrets or jets.

Edited By: Kingshaun2k on Apr 9th 2014, 6:33:16
See Original Post

hsifreta Game profile

Apr 9th 2014, 16:39:10

if you want to improve your strat, find someone that plays the same strat and spy him a lot =P check his activity in eestats.com and ask questions and see if he'll answer. =)

also for grabbing, try to grab those with similar buildings as you, so you dont have to rebuild so much.

i generally do 10% spies, the rest turrets/jets. you would also do well if you have some weap and strat tech. having like 100k-150k strat tech pts, and a good jet count scares ppl, cuz it looks like you'll make big retals. =P

LATC Game profile

Apr 9th 2014, 17:04:20

The jet count thing only matters if you have a LOT. If you're 1/3 or 1/4 the top guys' NW 2-3m jets won't scare em away, that's like half a day's production/cash. I move on if I see a guy w/ a lot of turrets compared to those around actually. If I'm going to get 400 acres a hit I'm going to do it w/ as few jets as possible.
Originally posted by Xinhuan:
Are you guys stupid or what?

Kingshaun2k Game profile

Apr 10th 2014, 0:12:34

Thanks for the help so far everyone! :)

Also looking for defensive allies if anyone is interested in helping out :)

Edited By: Kingshaun2k on Apr 10th 2014, 0:20:02
See Original Post

neversilence

Apr 10th 2014, 0:45:11

hehehe. That is another key... def allies... spam people on your score list looking for them asap. You will probably have more luck than posting on here with your currect country.

Kingshaun2k Game profile

Apr 10th 2014, 8:13:08

Originally posted by neversilence:
hehehe. That is another key... def allies... spam people on your score list looking for them asap. You will probably have more luck than posting on here with your currect country.

That's what I did last night, I woke up today and had a request off someone and im just waiting on this other one to accept.

hsifreta Game profile

Apr 10th 2014, 11:28:40

that would be the main problem then. if you have no def allies, you're screwed in this server.

hsifreta Game profile

Apr 10th 2014, 11:29:07

you can join GDI and try gaining acres faster than losing them too.

Kingshaun2k Game profile

Apr 10th 2014, 23:05:50

Originally posted by hsifreta:
that would be the main problem then. if you have no def allies, you're screwed in this server.

I did have allies but I got rid of then because they were getting attacked more than me,lol.

I can't join GDI because I double tapped someone when I first started playing :/

Cannon Game profile

Apr 10th 2014, 23:47:43

You have to join GDI before you make any harmful op, not just a double tap. That ship sailed long ago

hsifreta Game profile

Apr 11th 2014, 6:19:49

well, that's your fault, isn't it?

Kingshaun2k Game profile

Apr 11th 2014, 9:59:26

I know it's my fault, I just didn't know the rules of the GDI, I'll probably join it next set since it free.

hsifreta Game profile

Apr 11th 2014, 10:04:00

it's free? 0.o

afaik Game profile

Apr 11th 2014, 10:08:21

it's free if you use 16 bonus points to make it so

Kingshaun2k Game profile

Apr 11th 2014, 10:40:58

Originally posted by afaik:
it's free if you use 16 bonus points to make it so

You should know this already hsifreta:P