Verified:

iScode Game profile

Mar 30th 2014, 12:28:22

Originally posted by tellarion:
Why can't I give a clear answer? Because

A) I didn't make the rule
B) I am one moderator
C) I am giving 'my' opinion on the new rule
D) Every situation is different and it's hard to tell how all of us would react. Different moderators have different viewpoints

The fact of the matter is that a lot of the specific situations and details are NOT hammered down, as you are all aware. There are two or three areas where we are all in agreement, but there is an ongoing debate about how far to extend this new rule. As soon as we hammer out the details, they will be posted here for everyone to follow.

In the meantime, send your hypothetical situations to warster.

Twiz, if I were on a power trip, I'd have to, like, actually use my power. So far the only thing I've done is talk...

It is your job as a moderator to know the rules and give a clear answer, you should not have an opinion, there should be no different viewpoints, if you cant make a rule clear then it shouldnt be enforced.

Its like the police saying from now on only certain people are allowed to drink drive, we will decide at the time we pull you over whether or not you are one of those people. imo i wouldnt drive but you could get lucky so hey give it a shot!!!

See how stupid that sounds??? thats exactly how stupid you and the rest of you scum moderators (yes even martian and red x who i thought were smart, turns out your not...)

dont make up a rule unless you can clearly define it, black and white, otherwise leave it up to the players to define the rules ingame, its not the moderaters job to determine who is the strongest on a server, its your job to define clear written rules which can not be debated or left to discretion.
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

Boltar Game profile

Mar 30th 2014, 16:02:47

Originally posted by galleri:
Originally posted by Zorp:
Originally posted by iScode:
Mar 19 08:58:59 <quaxbi> no, but I was thinking if the other tag is killing them before we get the retal it would be justified in place of the retal
Mar 19 08:59:09 <EvoTellarion> in place of?
Mar 19 08:59:20 <quaxbi> kinda hard to take a retal when something is 200 in DR
Mar 19 08:59:23 <EvoTellarion> so if they don't declare, what would you do?
Mar 19 08:59:26 <EvoTellarion> yeah that's true
Mar 19 08:59:32 <EvoTellarion> i'd suggest just writing it off

No, you did not.

You are worse than a fluffing politician. He is asking for a clear answer, you 'suggesting' he should right it off is bullfluff. You need to say yes or no, not suggest or say 'imo'. You need to say exactly what you will get deleted for you

You really are quite a scum piece of fluff tella, why cant you say yes or no to what you will get deleted for?

I must admit that I generally find iScode's posts antagonistic and in bad taste, but he hit the nail on the head with this one. Not only did you not really give him an answer, but he was deleted as if you had said he shouldn't do it, and then reinstated as if you had said he could, consequently losing him at least a day's worth of turns.

I think iScode should learn to use some better language. I wouldn't agree to that sort of failure of the English language. In the meantime Scode for once spelled everything right and I don't think Suni or I fixed it for him ;) Nevermind there are mistakes.... I see them now, just not in spelling. Yeah don't agree to that Zorp LOL

-------------------------------------------
Alright my kittens ... on this note I see this thread is not going far or anywhere. There is a bunch of he said, he said and a rally going on. So I shall point the grand master grand moderator martian the fluffy bunny this way.

Twiz can you find me in irc... I have a question. And it is a burning one! :) thanks!

the answer to ur burning question is simple.. 2 options.. 1 drink lots of cranberry juice or get some penicillin

tellarion Game profile

Mar 30th 2014, 16:09:27

Thank you for your insight, scode. You really are an invaluable resource for this game.

Twiz Game profile

Mar 30th 2014, 16:51:11

Originally posted by Boltar:
Mar 19 08:58:59 <quaxbi> no, but I was thinking if the other tag is killing them before we get the retal it would be justified in place of the retal

No, you did not.

You are worse than a fluffing politician. He is asking for a clear answer, you 'suggesting' he should right it off is bullfluff. You need to say yes or no, not suggest or say 'imo'. You need to say exactly what you will get deleted for you

You really are quite a scum piece of fluff tella, why cant you say yes or no to what you will get deleted for?

I must admit that I generally find iScode's posts antagonistic and in bad taste, but he hit the nail on the head with this one. Not only did you not really give him an answer, but he was deleted as if you had said he shouldn't do it, and then reinstated as if you had said he could, consequently losing him at least a day's worth of turns.

I think iScode should learn to use some better language. I wouldn't agree to that sort of failure of the English language. In the meantime Scode for once spelled everything right and I don't think Suni or I fixed it for him ;) Nevermind there are mistakes.... I see them now, just not in spelling. Yeah don't agree to that Zorp LOL

Alright my kittens ... on this note I see this thread is not going far or anywhere. There is a bunch of he said, he said and a rally going on. So I shall point the grand master grand moderator martian the fluffy bunny this way.

Twiz can you find me in irc... I have a question. And it is a burning one! :) thanks!

the answer to ur burning question is simple.. 2 options.. 1 drink lots of cranberry juice or get some penicillin

A mod asking me a burning question! OMG... let me get my suit and tie!

Also tella, don't lie. You are on a power trip.

tellarion Game profile

Mar 30th 2014, 17:41:21

And you are having a blast trolling me.

But I'm stubborn and thick headed, so I'll take the bait and repeat myself: How can I be on a power trip if I'm not actually using my power?

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Mar 30th 2014, 18:37:42

Originally posted by Twiz:
Originally posted by Boltar:

No, you did not.

A mod asking me a burning question! OMG... let me get my suit and tie!

Also tella, don't lie. You are on a power trip.

It isn't my job as a mod to know if you finally did some anal ;)

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

iScode Game profile

Mar 30th 2014, 19:37:26

Thank you for your insight, scode. You really are an invaluable resource for this game.

lol fluff your a joke
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

Twiz Game profile

Mar 30th 2014, 20:58:03

lol fluff your a joke

You're** but I agree with you.

tellarion Game profile

Mar 31st 2014, 5:16:59

I think scode needs a hug.

flgatorboy89 Game profile

Mar 31st 2014, 5:34:14

Wow...why are you all so abusive.?
You should all apologize and get drunk together.
Jon
ZT, SoL

<jon> off to bed fluffbeater :p
<mrford> i dont beat fluffs
<mrford> i eat them
<mrford> gosh
<jon> well, fluffeater
<Kat> oookay....

thoma51987 Game profile

Mar 31st 2014, 6:39:07

kk

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator

Apr 1st 2014, 7:35:00

Originally posted by flgatorboy89:

do not...and I repeat .. do not ... ever give these peeps the idea to get drunk together. I don't want to see the news the next day.
k thx.

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

Trife Game profile

Apr 1st 2014, 14:52:07

do not...and I repeat .. do not ... ever give these peeps the idea to get drunk together. I don't want to see the news the next day.
k thx.

"drunken group casues mayhem downtown. children punched and sheep sodomized. more at 11."

flgatorboy89 Game profile

Apr 1st 2014, 15:18:15

I didnt think about the aftermath of a drunken earTh brawl.
Jon
ZT, SoL

<jon> off to bed fluffbeater :p
<mrford> i dont beat fluffs
<mrford> i eat them
<mrford> gosh
<jon> well, fluffeater
<Kat> oookay....

tellarion Game profile

Apr 1st 2014, 15:48:12

Honestly, I think the majority of us could get along just fine irl :)

Boltar Game profile

Apr 1st 2014, 15:52:51

im quite lovable outside of this game

Viceroy Game profile

Apr 2nd 2014, 2:26:48

It is your job as a moderator to know the rules and give a clear answer, you should not have an opinion, there should be no different viewpoints, if you cant make a rule clear then it shouldnt be enforced.

dont make up a rule unless you can clearly define it, black and white, otherwise leave it up to the players to define the rules ingame, its not the moderaters job to determine who is the strongest on a server, its your job to define clear written rules which can not be debated or left to discretion.

If there is a problem with not being in agreement on the rules, then there must at least be agreement to err on the side of caution until a consolidated face can be presented to the community. Ideally, the new rules wouldn't even be rolled out without clearing up any gray areas first, but at a bare minimum, all moderators must be on the same page. If they aren't, then the rules appear to be arbitrary. This is the same concept behind why parents must present a consolidated front when disciplining a child.

In the original conversation, a moderator is asked for advise and comes across as coy. Such phrases as "i'd suggest just writing it off," "then i'd suggest you don't do it," and "stay out imo" are why it comes across as coy. Suggestions and opinions make the moderators appear arbitrary. If the moderators appear arbitrary, then how can they possibly be trusted? The appearance of impropriety has undermined their duty. They have lost the moral authority that empowers their position.
And, Monsters, do not forget to specify, when time and place shall serve, that I am an ass.

tellarion Game profile

Apr 2nd 2014, 14:00:00

Someone found the thesaurus!

Viceroy Game profile

Apr 3rd 2014, 6:15:24

Nice personal attack...
And, Monsters, do not forget to specify, when time and place shall serve, that I am an ass.

tellarion Game profile

Apr 3rd 2014, 13:53:22

Because calling me coy, despite the flowery language, is not a personal attack?

Although I do like that you called team players children. Maybe you DO understand!

blid

EE Patron

Apr 3rd 2014, 19:04:39

he's saying the responses come across as coy, because instead of direct answers they're peppered with probablys and imos
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

Viceroy Game profile

Apr 4th 2014, 0:01:21

Why is a mod taking this personally?

Why does a mod feel the need to respond with personal attacks?

Why is a mod trolling me for criticizing the way this specific situation was handled?

blid

EE Patron

Apr 4th 2014, 0:39:21

because mods are human
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator

Apr 4th 2014, 1:05:14

im not human :)
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

blid

EE Patron

Apr 4th 2014, 1:39:30

subhuman? =)

blid

EE Patron

Apr 4th 2014, 1:39:45

(JUST A JOKE_)

tellarion Game profile

Apr 4th 2014, 2:01:31

Originally posted by Viceroy:
Why is a mod taking this personally?

Why does a mod feel the need to respond with personal attacks?

Why is a mod trolling me for criticizing the way this specific situation was handled?

Why are you taking your time to personally insult me? It works both ways.

How am I trolling you? You came into a thread that was more or less finished and started talking about moral authority. This is a game, this is not a democracy and I am not your elected representative. As much as I wish I could claim otherwise, I don't even have a divine mandate to enforce. You are here by your own choice, and thus you are willingly submitting yourself to our moderation of your gameplay. That's it.

But I guess next time someone asks me a question that I can't give a firm answer to, I'll just ignore them. Yup, that'll solve the problem!!

Viceroy Game profile

Apr 4th 2014, 3:43:15

First of all, I did not personally insult you. If what I said offended you, then you need to grow some thicker skin as you will never be able to accept any form of criticism, to include the constructive kind. I stand by my critique of how you conducted yourself in the conversation, and I fail to see how my assessment personally offended you.

Also, you do have a mandate. Moderator isn't just a title, its a job, and its a job that you do well when you aren't rolling around in the mud with idiots like myself. By getting involved in wars like this one, you undermine your credibility as a mod.

Seriously, focus more on being right - which you usually are - and less on winning the argument.

Viceroy Game profile

Apr 4th 2014, 3:46:42

I hate to say it, but if you don't understand how your duty as a moderator necessarily holds you to a higher standard, then maybe you shouldn't be a moderator.

tellarion Game profile

Apr 4th 2014, 5:12:43

Haha, thank you. Moderating is too hard for simpletons like me!!

afaik Game profile

Apr 4th 2014, 6:27:14

ye gods some of the posts in this thread are hilarious. don't let them get you down tellarion, how on earth you can bother with the mindless trolling and needless vitriol from the likes of iscode i don't know, but your work is appreciated by the non vocal majority.

tellarion Game profile

Apr 4th 2014, 14:19:53

Originally posted by afaik:
ye gods some of the posts in this thread are hilarious. don't let them get you down tellarion, how on earth you can bother with the mindless trolling and needless vitriol from the likes of iscode i don't know, but your work is appreciated by the non vocal majority.

:)

Azz Kikr Game profile

Wiki Mod

Apr 4th 2014, 14:28:31

...I don't even have a divine mandate to enforce...

Surely martian has established the church of fluff by now :\

blid

EE Patron

Apr 5th 2014, 1:46:11

Interestingly, I *do* have a mandate to moderate this server. It's time. Let's do it.

braden Game profile

Apr 5th 2014, 2:21:54

firstly: LOUD NOISES!
secondly: you raise good points!