Verified:

zerozerozero Game profile

Apr 2nd 2014, 23:58:39

go demo, theo or rep?

hmmmm I'm thinking of going theo because demo and rep seems to be the 'farms' of this server. :P but what are your thoughts?

Cable Game profile

Apr 3rd 2014, 0:16:59

Theo has a good destock/resale value alot lower tech.

Rep has its clear advantages but harder when you're a grabbing rep.

Demo is never a bad choice, 3 turns grabbing isn't too bad.

Personaly I cash as a demo on the other servers

Netsquash Game profile

Apr 3rd 2014, 0:18:50

DEMO.. 3 reasons

1) im on alot and can take advantage of reselling early in the set when people sell too cheap

2) Extra tech maximum makes up alot of the repub's advantages

3) Demo is less likely to get grabbed... repubs are huge targets early due to -10%

TDA101 Game profile

Apr 3rd 2014, 1:36:10

You can only go Rep as a casher. All other types of Government make less $ per turn which is the only deciding factor in destocking.

hsifreta Game profile

Apr 3rd 2014, 16:10:42

prefer reppy. even if you're grabbed, once you have some tech, you can retal well. or you can cash well even without tech and be on 100% turrets for def. high turret counts on reppies are hard to break, despite the 10%. and later on, you can retal good amounts.

theo build faster, more civs, but tech def is not worth it. good for destocking, and if you have extra cash, rebuilding isnt that hard since you'll make up for your lost cs's.

demo is good for extra tech, but you dont really max out too often, depends on the market. 3 turn attacks actually mean you dont lose much readiness, not that it means anything since you're not going to attack all your turns. however, laundering is useful.

blid

EE Patron

Apr 3rd 2014, 16:28:37

Originally posted by TDA101:
You can only go Rep as a casher. All other types of Government make less $ per turn which is the only deciding factor in destocking.
Is this a joke?
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

TDA101 Game profile

Apr 3rd 2014, 16:37:30

No. You can feel free to make the first argument blid though. It'll give me time to flesh out my thoughs and arguments.

Edited By: TDA101 on Apr 3rd 2014, 16:43:11

blid

EE Patron

Apr 3rd 2014, 16:55:11

It's a nonsense statement on its face. $/turn relates only to stocking, not to destocking. And to say Rep is the "only"

As far as what you want to play with, Rep is likely the best casher on this server, but it's not the "only" one you can choose, why make such a statement? Theo cashers have many wins on this server. Demo casher has its benefits, and I won Tournament with a Demo casher. And $/turn is not the "only" factor in choosing a gov type either. There are obviously other factors to netting such as private market price. Your $ goes further with a Theo.

Edited By: blid on Apr 3rd 2014, 16:59:21
See Original Post
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

TDA101 Game profile

Apr 3rd 2014, 17:00:22

Where are these theo casher wins? I've been playing for a year and a half, havn't seen one.

blid

EE Patron

Apr 3rd 2014, 17:05:55

blid

EE Patron

Apr 3rd 2014, 17:10:25

http://www.earthempires.com/express/89/ranks

Theo strengths include

Quicker start with bpt bonus, less reliant on tech than a Rep, no attack penalty... all these things are nice and particularly help newer players who want to avoid getting hit too often. Flexibility to start as techer and convert. Better destock, resell possilbities for further net, including better return on $1k tech dumps, etc.

crest23 Game profile

Apr 3rd 2014, 18:51:07

Rob is the best theo player I know and he has won Express with theo casher at least 4 times. Some of which were mid set conversions from techer. Same in Tournament too. Oldman won Primary with a theo casher. Metygl I think has won Express with theo casher, not sure about that one though.

@TDA, your statement is wrong on every level.

Edited By: crest23 on Apr 3rd 2014, 18:56:10
The Nigerian Nightmare.

braden Game profile

Apr 3rd 2014, 18:52:40

which is a shame, because from what i know of his express and team finishes the man is a lot of fun to watch play (and so polite, too, while at it. like no ego on the guy, i say he's the greatest, he says thats only because others don't care to beat him. just class.)

so blid, if i read this correctly, you believe a theo cash is better than a rep cash? (kingme, not to put words in his mouth, but i think he too prefers the theo cash.. or at least tried his hand at it for a while there)

does theo work as well with my style of play, to hold as many turns as possible before playing? (360[186] with 99 used)

braden Game profile

Apr 3rd 2014, 18:54:17

rob was just fantastic in his playing. i have a great deal of respect for his ability to play the server, and not even consistently, but to be damn well close to guaranteed a top four or five finish before turn one.

crest23 Game profile

Apr 3rd 2014, 19:02:59

Braden, your strat depends on the exploration bonus I thought. So rep is probably better for you, dunno.

Also, TDAs statement is just the kind that will make oldman come play Express and win with a theo casher in his 1st try, lol.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

blid

EE Patron

Apr 3rd 2014, 19:08:19

^yah, what crest said about your countries exploring
Originally posted by braden:
so blid, if i read this correctly, you believe a theo cash is better than a rep cash? (kingme, not to put words in his mouth, but i think he too prefers the theo cash.. or at least tried his hand at it for a while there)

i don't think you read me quite correctly ;)
Originally posted by blid:
Rep is likely the best casher on this server

that said, i find theo casher quite competitive on this server, so what i'm saying is that Republic isn't the "only" choice. there is no reason to give such a definitive answer. it's a close enough contest that you can go with either gov and win.

since this set is only 1800 turns, there's a shorter stocking period/there are smaller countries than in, say, primary (3200 turns). therefore, the rep advantage ($/turn) has less time to vest... (ideally, in primary, since you have more stock, the theo destock would also carry more weight, but that's not the case, as your market simply won't be big enough to spend all the stock)

Edited By: blid on Apr 3rd 2014, 19:10:22
See Original Post

blid

EE Patron

Apr 3rd 2014, 19:18:20

Originally posted by crest23:
Metygl I think has won Express with theo casher, not sure about that one though.
he destocked with MBs but i think this was a casher
http://earthempires.com/express/128/ranks/74

i believe this one was same (casher with MB destock), but it got 2nd place
http://earthempires.com/express/137/ranks/77

i also got 2nd place with that strat while running all-x
http://earthempires.com/express/206/ranks/95

TDA101 Game profile

Apr 3rd 2014, 20:44:04

I was gonna post long wall of text but I closed my tab.

As little as I want to type - Theo's destock $ to NW really cheap while generating a lot less cash while Rep's destock $ to NW really expensive compared to a Theo while generating a lot more cash on the same stats as a Theo.

Theo Casher has potential to be winner but I feel it's a fragile strat. I've played a Theo Casher a few times and the pressure of the strat is constant. Compared to a Rep you don't even have to interact with the server and you'll get a top 10 with a small possibility of winning.

You guys are all welcome to stop playing CI for a set or two to prove me wrong. I don't mind 'shrug'.

blid

EE Patron

Apr 3rd 2014, 21:29:28

are you implying the fluff countries i run every reset are always commies? no way, i run a variety of garbage, and it's onyl rarely commie

Round Rank Country Land Networth Special

226 20 theodora (#95) 12,570 $15,548,474 HG
225 2 penthesilea (#94) 14,940 $23,947,404 HG
224 110 marozia (#88) 5985 $1,595,636 RG
223 22 cecilia (#72) 18,234 $14,769,005 DG
222 13 andria (#104) 14,795 $17,254,485 CG
221 21 raissa (#95) 15,109 $13,643,702 HG
220 1 procopia (#105) 26,466 $36,105,183 RG
219 72 perinthia (#86) 10,347 $5,825,057 HG
218 7 laudomia (#101) 14,936 $22,985,933 HG

blid

EE Patron

Apr 3rd 2014, 21:31:23

by the way...
Originally posted by TDA101:
As little as I want to type - Theo's destock $ to NW really cheap while generating a lot less cash while Rep's destock $ to NW really expensive compared to a Theo while generating a lot more cash on the same stats as a Theo.
Uhhhwhaa?

TDA101 Game profile

Apr 3rd 2014, 21:34:34

Same Tech , Same Land the rep will out cash the theo assuming stocking tech levels.

A theo needs a lot more land than a rep which is a very large consideration to take into the strength of a strat.

Because a Theo has 1 way to destock it has very little resilience to being grabbed. I've seen commies get retalled/grabbed and finished first. These were large 4 digit hits. I don't a Theo has that kind of resilience. Getting hit during the 24 hour logout causes an insane amount of NW lost @_@.

Edited By: TDA101 on Apr 3rd 2014, 21:37:26
See Original Post

braden Game profile

Apr 3rd 2014, 21:39:21

thats why i asked if i understood it correctly, blid :P
i have heard many positives for theo cash over rep cash, but much of them require either grabbing or retalling- neither of which i would prefer to partake in, personally.
rep for the explore and pci bonus i find to be far more benefitial to my "style" of play than any theo or demo casher might allow.

but as crest alluded to above, same ol same ol is like four years running now :P