Verified:

Hammer Game profile

Mar 20th 2014, 0:52:06

I didn't like how a new strategy with new government was going so I self deleted from Preferences link with 240 turns unused. I thought when I restarted I would have those unused turns since the set was only a day old. I guess I should have destroyed my buildings and deleted my land instead.

What strategy would give me the best opportunity at this point? Reseller is the only one I can think of that doesn't need all its turns, but not sure how it does in Express. I could possibly make up some of the turns by grabbing since I usually do a lot of exploring. What else is available?

I look forward to this game every week and screwed this set up less than 30 minutes after beginning play.

RaTS FYA Game profile

Mar 20th 2014, 4:10:37

No matter how you self delete, your turns don't come back, land dropping is the same thing as deleting
<~qzjul> it gives you a good introduction to orbital mechanics and a good appreciation for how central delta-V is and thrust to weight ratio
<RaTSFYA>The only thrust to weight ratio I'm worried about involves the women I pick up at bars

h2orich Game profile

Mar 20th 2014, 8:42:40

you should never delete your country no matter how you screwed up. :)

Hammer Game profile

Mar 20th 2014, 12:14:17

I was basing it on a misunderstanding with Xinhuan from a set or two ago (first paragraph). We have spoken since and he clarified it as you guys did. Lesson learned.

Originally posted by Xinhuan:
Your restart will only begin with turns you would have gotten if you got killed. (i.e any unspent turns carried forward, plus any new turns since the death).

Otherwise, people will be able to create a 360 turn country, suicide with it, delete, repeat as many times as it takes to kill someone else.

Riddler Game profile

Mar 20th 2014, 13:04:18

Best strategy would be a huge lnd farm. Jk

Dish

Mar 20th 2014, 14:16:49

simple, be my farmland

Hammer Game profile

Mar 20th 2014, 17:25:56

Or just be a suicider :)

ingle Game profile

Mar 21st 2014, 12:18:00

Originally posted by Hammer:
What strategy would give me the best opportunity at this point? Reseller is the only one I can think of that doesn't need all its turns, but not sure how it does in Express. I could possibly make up some of the turns by grabbing since I usually do a lot of exploring. What else is available?

Depending on the tech market, I would probably go commie indy or techer.

If you lost 200 turns, exploring is the last thing you'd want to do to make up the loss nw. Start making extra large land grabs to make up for some of those turns.

zerozerozero Game profile

Mar 21st 2014, 12:55:24

Go all jetter!

blid

EE Patron

Mar 21st 2014, 15:06:46

youre going to get attacked a bunch and cant finish well anyway, just explore a fluffload and hang out in dr
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

hsifreta Game profile

Mar 21st 2014, 17:04:44

too peaceful, blid. =P

CX LaE Game profile

Mar 21st 2014, 17:41:09

Sell cheap oil, farm blid, buy out the tech market. All good options. :P
LaE | Monks | NA
Since 1999

blid

EE Patron

Mar 21st 2014, 17:42:48

cx lae cheated
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

Hammer Game profile

Mar 22nd 2014, 16:51:08

lol...you guys are funny.

I was taking the approach ingle suggested, which could have gotten me back in the game, until some dude hit me 5 times. Now I'm taking a different approach....towards the pig of course. One should never do that to someone who has 360(200+) even if only 300k networth. It will depend on him how long it lasts. Maybe he will kill me off and I won't feel obligated to retal. Since he is playing his turns as he gets them, I doubt he will kill me, so it looks like I am playing in the dirt this week.

Buying tanks increased my networth to the point I will be a target for some of you now.

Hammer Game profile

Mar 22nd 2014, 16:55:00

So here's a story...I didn't have any spies yet since I had just started, so I had to build a couple of ICs to spy on him for the retal. I had ~200 spies and got in the second try. 100 turns later, when I had a whopping 25K, it took like 20 tries to get through. That first group must have been fast.

blid

EE Patron

Mar 23rd 2014, 0:05:56

ugh, so close but so far. i thought i was gonna finish with 40m this set. then i ate a big retal. well, fair enough, sucks, but i can still finish 35m or more. then i got topfed by some random non-gdi scrub with 9k land. so much for that.

it really goes to show how much of this comes down to chance. like, the retal was partly my fault, i saw the guy had a nice country when i hit, but the topfeed is just random nonsense from people who dont know any better. when i ran my 36m rep, i was very lucky no idiots topfed me. this time, not so lucky

Edited By: blid on Mar 23rd 2014, 0:08:16
See Original Post

sac7mary3 Game profile

Mar 26th 2014, 9:22:45

any general suggestions for a newcomer. Just found the game yesterday, last played earth 2025 over 10 years ago. I remembered the game searched for it and was directed here, glad this game is up,

zerozerozero Game profile

Mar 26th 2014, 11:24:33

Welcome back! I suggest joining a clan so you can get your bearings back :)

picaboo Game profile

Mar 26th 2014, 14:08:08

interesting