Verified:

BigBoi

Mar 20th 2014, 17:32:21

from what i read dictator is the best due to + military strength and spy effectiveness

or am i missing something? i see nbk(who has warred this set and beaten everybody) with different government types

yes icd, im prepping to bring the pain!

BigBoi

Mar 20th 2014, 17:32:37

btw, why am i enjoying this bloodcraze?

mrford Game profile

Mar 20th 2014, 17:37:14

tyranny if you make missiles and want to grow/spy/tech for readiness

dict if you want to be a breaker and arnt scared of being ABed

others under rare circumstances like oop wars
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

BigBoi

Mar 20th 2014, 17:44:56

tyranny=+20% Attack Gains
-10% Military Upkeep Costs
Only 1 Turn Required Per Attack
-25% Maximum Per Capita Income

i can see how missiles is a good method(since that is the form icd killed me by) is the creation of missiles high enough though so i can always hit with them? i've never maxed it so i cant definitely say

dict(i see why)

others: errr ok :P

Crippler ICD Game profile

Mar 20th 2014, 17:45:38

Commie for oop
Crippler
FoCuS
<--MSN
CripplerTD

[14:26] <enshula> i cant believe im going to say this
[14:26] <enshula> crippler is giving us correct netting advice

Crippler ICD Game profile

Mar 20th 2014, 17:47:35

Depends how far into the set as for keeping up since at most u got like a 4-5% chance a turn its not likely that you can always use missles to fill the void
Crippler
FoCuS
<--MSN
CripplerTD

[14:26] <enshula> i cant believe im going to say this
[14:26] <enshula> crippler is giving us correct netting advice

mrford Game profile

Mar 20th 2014, 17:55:01

i think you misunderstand why tyranny is good

with most other government types, when you attack at max efficiency (less than 1/3 of your unit type total) you lose 1% readiness but it takes 2 turns, and running a turn doing anything except a GS, BR, PS, SS, or AB, gains you 3% readiness, so you can get of a large number of hits in with a minimal amount of readiness loss

with a tyranny, it only takes 1 turn to attack, but you lose 4% readiness at max efficiency. so you have a lot of turns that you need to use to regain readiness, this is where missiles, teching, or building and growing comes into play. you can still put out a large number of hits, and have turns to do other things. with the other governments, you dont have as many readiness turns to accomplish other war goals outside of hitting.

tyranny: ~44 turns hitting at max efficiency for 19 hits and regain back to 100% readiness. that is 25 turns to launch missiles and build or spy

other govs: ~44 turns for 19 hits and regain to max readiness, but you only had 6 turns for things other than hitting

the objective during a war isnt to just put out as many hits as you can, you need to replenish the resources you deplete. be that by teching, or growing, or opping enemy countries, a tyranny is far easier and better in terms of turn usage imo. and all that is made even more potent if you have missiles you can launch for readiness as well.

Edited By: mrford on Mar 20th 2014, 18:00:49
See Original Post
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 20th 2014, 17:59:36

Originally posted by BigBoi:
yes icd, im prepping to bring the pain!

Yay, missile dump!!!!
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

BigBoi

Mar 21st 2014, 0:42:03

koh had to be the tard that doesn't contribute to the thread

thanks to the rest and especially to mrford and crippler for the input

BigBoi

Mar 21st 2014, 0:42:28

although really, they're the only ones other than koh who commented lol

smegma Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 21st 2014, 1:18:36

Originally posted by mrford:
i think you misunderstand why tyranny is good

with most other government types, when you attack at max efficiency (less than 1/3 of your unit type total) you lose 1% readiness but it takes 2 turns, and running a turn doing anything except a GS, BR, PS, SS, or AB, gains you 3% readiness, so you can get of a large number of hits in with a minimal amount of readiness loss

with a tyranny, it only takes 1 turn to attack, but you lose 4% readiness at max efficiency. so you have a lot of turns that you need to use to regain readiness, this is where missiles, teching, or building and growing comes into play. you can still put out a large number of hits, and have turns to do other things. with the other governments, you dont have as many readiness turns to accomplish other war goals outside of hitting.

tyranny: ~44 turns hitting at max efficiency for 19 hits and regain back to 100% readiness. that is 25 turns to launch missiles and build or spy

other govs: ~44 turns for 19 hits and regain to max readiness, but you only had 6 turns for things other than hitting

the objective during a war isnt to just put out as many hits as you can, you need to replenish the resources you deplete. be that by teching, or growing, or opping enemy countries, a tyranny is far easier and better in terms of turn usage imo. and all that is made even more potent if you have missiles you can launch for readiness as well.

Nice analysis. kudos.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 21st 2014, 3:26:43

Originally posted by BigBoi:
koh had to be the tard that doesn't contribute to the thread

thanks to the rest and especially to mrford and crippler for the input

Very true, with that being said, thank you for your missile disposal site contribution ;-)
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

JoeFFA Game profile

Mar 21st 2014, 5:20:37

Tyranny is best for wargaining. Dictator is best for several other reasons if you dont care about wargaining at all. Thats the simplest way to go about it.

Desperado Game profile

Mar 21st 2014, 6:29:56

I prefer fascist farmers

others prefer tyr farmers

I don't think theres really a bad war country... besides democracies lol

Originally posted by Primeval:
pants antler

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 21st 2014, 15:48:34

I have preference on Tyr techers, I see them more versatile than any other combinations I tried, but that's just me.
(•_•)

jcatron Game profile

Mar 21st 2014, 17:53:23

Depends.

If i am warring oop at beginning of set Commie-Indi.

Restarts Tyr-Farmer

Any Other Time...A mix (Rep-Cash, Facist-Farmer, Theo-Tech, Dict-Cash) with everyone having a purpose. Some for spying, some for missiles, some for breaking.

mrford Game profile

Mar 21st 2014, 17:56:25

you would take a rep cash to war? on purpose?
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Raging Budda Game profile

Mar 21st 2014, 17:59:15

Originally posted by jcatron:
Depends.

If i am warring oop at beginning of set Commie-Indi.

Restarts Tyr-Farmer

Any Other Time...A mix (Rep-Cash, Facist-Farmer, Theo-Tech, Dict-Cash) with everyone having a purpose. Some for spying, some for missiles, some for breaking.

This...outside of the repbulic part...dict cashers are a beast if they are smart enough to carry tanks but take a long time to build.

All depends on what phase of the set the war starts in. tyr-farmer has been default restart war strat, but with these new restart rules, that may change bit if you die via GS and have all your non-farms still standing.
Your base is mine!

jcatron Game profile

Mar 22nd 2014, 3:53:23

I'm a beast at restart war strats...I've had a lot of practice over the years. :P

Edited By: jcatron on Mar 22nd 2014, 4:06:19
See Original Post

Another Deadman

Mar 22nd 2014, 11:07:53

Thank you mrford for the way you broke that down. That made more sense to me than the way its written in the Governments page.

I have a couple of questions.

1. What is "oop"?
2. Why does Communist seem to stall and start going backwards?

I just had a battle with Max. He killed 3 of mine.
I come on, see it, and managed to kill 2 of his, and he killed another then he stopped, but I dont know why.
I fight one more day, kill another, but he leaves me alone.
I get a note, that someone else is after him so I back out, I'm not ganging up on anyone.

Heres my question in regards to number 2.

I had 3 countries that were hurt really bad. They didnt die, but I'm struggling to get them out of the red.
2 of them, kept going neg, while the other is a slow climb to positive. I have chosen one to experiment on and try to figure it out how to pull the other two out of the red with different hits or ops. It takes turns no matter what to lift a country back out of the hole, but its like pulling teeth at 0ne to 10 dollars in money net game per turn.

I've almost made it, but its taken 3 days of turns.

Last question.

3. Is there a government better suited for faster recovery after war?

Another Deadman

Mar 22nd 2014, 11:12:23

Any Other Time...A mix (Rep-Cash, Facist-Farmer, Theo-Tech, Dict-Cash) with everyone having a purpose. Some for spying, some for missiles, some for breaking. - jcatron

I just read this comment.
I dont know if I could play different governments yet. I haven't figured this one out yet ha. :)