Verified:

Dragon Game profile

Mar 19th 2014, 14:52:36

If or when you see several players detag from a clan you were recently warring, keep an eye on them and just be prepared to hit them. If it comes to be a trend on the server that post-war detagging = reorganize/rebuild/re-war, the detaggers will just end up on the bad end of someone's pre-emptive war dec.

I personally think it's a bad idea to use detagging as a war strategy, but there are no rules to stop it (beyond the 72 Hour Rule) and it's up to the server to allow or discourage it.

It certainly makes things........ interesting. I'm eager to see the future consequences of it.

Crippler ICD Game profile

Mar 19th 2014, 15:18:03

Pan even asked me for there contacts and still didnt act for what ever reason... Atleast ares tried to but folded quickly.
Crippler
FoCuS
<--MSN
CripplerTD

[14:26] <enshula> i cant believe im going to say this
[14:26] <enshula> crippler is giving us correct netting advice

Raging Budda Game profile

Mar 19th 2014, 17:37:46

With the CF in place with more than a month left tin the set., my chief goal this set was to have fun this set with a good even war. Thus the extraordinary tactics that were employed by me and others, per the war dec Llaar posted a couple days ago in order to get our coutries prepped. As for myself, I haven't been tagged ICD for weeks, didn't even want to mess with the 72 hour rule or use them as protection while I got my coutries in order. If this is a really sleazy way to play, I'm sorry, but didn't see anyway around it. The goal was never to ambush someone and ruin a netting set for a cheap thrill.
Your base is mine!

Dragon Game profile

Mar 19th 2014, 17:51:47

Everyone can play the way they like. I wasn't making a judgment but rather an observation based on what I'd personally be looking at in a similar situation.

Nobody thinks much of one or two guys detagging from a clan even if that clan was or is in a war. I'm just saying that when 5 or 6 do it, flags are raised. It's pretty much standard practice on the server nowadays to act pre-emptively. Or pro-actively if you prefer.

I'll use NBK as an example. Set after set after set, they watch untags and look for potential suiciders. And kill them. Without question, comment and with extreme prejudice.

So the pre-emptive mentality is now part of the server. I think one of the consequences of several players leaving a tag and then creating a new one will be that they will be under a microscope. They'll be spied and leaders will discuss and decide whether to take them out or not. To me, that just would make sense.

There's absolutely nothing wrong or "illegal" or even sleazy about guys breaking off from a tag and hooking up for a new gig. There's also absolutely nothing wrong or illegal about other clans playing whack a mole from here on out considering what just went down this set.

Mar 19th 2014, 21:04:18

I totally agree Dragon, when Ares came after Mercs, I really wasn't all that suprised it happened except for the timing. I didn't fault Ares for doing what they did, I might have done the same if the situation was reversed. STill just a game, but at least FFA is a bit more intersting than it was 6 months ago.
Your base is mine!

Twiz Game profile

Mar 19th 2014, 21:18:33

Originally posted by Raging Budda:
I totally agree Dragon, when Ares came after Mercs, I really wasn't all that suprised it happened except for the timing. I didn't fault Ares for doing what they did, I might have done the same if the situation was reversed. STill just a game, but at least FFA is a bit more intersting than it was 6 months ago.

Agreed. Alliance is just lame now. Team might be fun with the 5 man team enforced, but FFA really takes the cake. Past month has made me want to play more than not :P

Mar 19th 2014, 21:22:08

Would be nice to get another 10-12 man alliance in to create more permuations of pacts/alliances.
Your base is mine!

Twiz Game profile

Mar 19th 2014, 21:36:18

Originally posted by Raging Budda:
Would be nice to get another 10-12 man alliance in to create more permuations of pacts/alliances.

Hard to with the current circumstances. People talk about bringing other's back and cry when they leave. I know people here who lose wars every other set, and they don't leave. Those guys I have solid respect for.

smegma Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 19th 2014, 21:51:58

refresh my memory. a few sets ago what tag was it that begged for a ceasefire and then like two weeks later fs-ed the clan nice enough to have given them the ceasefire?

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 20th 2014, 1:45:57

I don't understand why people act as if this was something new, people detagging = coming for you, nothing new, nothing else to discuss.
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

smegma Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 21st 2014, 1:26:00

Originally posted by KoHeartsGPA:
I don't understand why people act as if this was something new, people detagging = coming for you, nothing new, nothing else to discuss.

Because some people like to consider themselves to have a certain amount of class and honor. It offends them when other people do not.

Abel started the discussion many years ago. I am sure it is going to continue to go on for quite some time.