Verified:

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Mar 18th 2014, 15:11:27

Please remember that all modding is done by volunteers who would rather not have their time wasted by people with nothing better to do than to wreck the game for others (above and beyond what is allowed). I would like to think that 99.9% of players here would not go so far or at worst get angry and do it once, get it out of their system and be done with it.

Having said that I would just like to point out the following:

Please note that we will consider an untagged country it's own tag for purposes of the rules.

Also note that if there is an organized and systematic attempt to try to violate the game rules (this includes multiple attempts at rules lawyering), we reserve the right to go further than simply delete your country in team (this could include things such as deleting your country(ies) from other servers. However such actions would not be taken lightly and would be done upon discussion with myself/qz should the situation arise. I will not be personally moderating this server directly (although I may take over temporarily should another game mod needs to be absent for a while).

In terms of enforcement of "spirit of the rules", there will be three mods enforcing this and at least two of them will have to agree prior to any deletion taken place.

And as always, if you are not comfortable talking to a game mod, please directly any questions/concerns regarding spirit of the rules to myself directly via forum message.

++martian
you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

Boltar Game profile

Mar 18th 2014, 15:34:19

ahem... mr we killed a 200 nw country with severe lemmings ;)

Trife Game profile

Mar 18th 2014, 15:41:30

TSO HAS THIS SERVER SHOOK

Boltar Game profile

Mar 18th 2014, 16:05:31

i wanna see everyone netting who grabs a untagged from different tags in 72hrs deleted.. turn about is fair play. that can be construed as working together to get land, as goes the same for land trading.. i do hope multiple tags dont trade with each other

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Mar 18th 2014, 16:20:27

one:many is ok
many:one is not ok (unless it's retals).

so if one team attacks 5 different teams, all 5 teams can hit back. Poor gameplay decisions are not against the rules:P

and that's 200 MILLION nw country.

(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

crest23 Game profile

Mar 18th 2014, 16:45:23

MARTIAN HAS GOT TSO SHOOK! Making them piss like they've got vaginas, man up biatches! Get deleted already! LMFAO!
The Nigerian Nightmare.

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Mar 18th 2014, 16:50:10

I'm not targetting anyone or any tag in particular.
Lets just stick with that:)
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

tellarion Game profile

Mar 18th 2014, 17:07:58

Conformed!

Probably worth noting that I am now modding Team as well as Express. If Red X or Galleri aren't around, feel free to message me as well or catch me on irc. YAY!

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Mar 18th 2014, 17:36:02

Galleri doesn't moderate team server
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

Boltar Game profile

Mar 18th 2014, 17:49:34

we will have words green man!! we will have words!

Scorba Game profile

Mar 18th 2014, 18:19:43

Untags are not teams. If they want to be considered for team rules they should have to create a tag, even if it is a tag of one. That locks them into their tag for the set and makes them more responsible for their actions. These vaguely defined rules are going to cause a lot of problems.

Trife Game profile

Mar 18th 2014, 18:23:28

Originally posted by Scorba:
Untags are not teams. If they want to be considered for team rules they should have to create a tag, even if it is a tag of one. That locks them into their tag for the set and makes them more responsible for their actions. These vaguely defined rules are going to cause a lot of problems.

hear hear!

Trife Game profile

Mar 18th 2014, 18:24:48

are we going to face deletion for farming an untagged player if another team has farmed them recently?

Boltar Game profile

Mar 18th 2014, 18:30:09

and if u and i both farm him together trife.. we may also get deleted on alliance.. that is probably my biggest B*TCH at the moment about this bullsh*t

blid

EE Patron

Mar 18th 2014, 18:31:59

I'm sure the mods are smart enough to tell apart grabbing and coordinated clans. asdf

Edited By: blid on Oct 2nd 2019, 20:21:48
See Original Post
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

Trife Game profile

Mar 18th 2014, 18:32:30

Originally posted by Trife:
are we going to face deletion for farming an untagged player if another team has farmed them recently?

and i'm not asking this to be snarky or try to outlawyer the TSO spirit rules, but i just dont want to risk being deleted over this if it's deletable

i guess: SS/PSes against untags by multiple clans is okay? special attacks by multiple clans is not okay?

Boltar Game profile

Mar 18th 2014, 18:44:22

Originally posted by blid:
I'm sure the mods are smart enough to tell apart grabbing and coordinated clans.

what if the clans do coordinate grabbing.. if i find a manageable easy LG, i do share my land.. does that make me a bad guy? guess it does if i will be deleted for it

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Mar 18th 2014, 19:52:14

@Trife: no that's a legit question.
More specifically: If multiple people farm untaggeds randomly that's fine (assuming no multies are involved of course).
If untaggeds start coordinating with each other they will be deleted.
Think of it somewhat like primary server except that people with the same tag as you are exempt.
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

Trife Game profile

Mar 18th 2014, 20:45:03

Originally posted by martian:
@Trife: no that's a legit question.
More specifically: If multiple people farm untaggeds randomly that's fine (assuming no multies are involved of course).
If untaggeds start coordinating with each other they will be deleted.
Think of it somewhat like primary server except that people with the same tag as you are exempt.

okay, so if i've been farming #69 (untagged) for a few days, and another country in a tag different than mine sees #69 do some attacks or explore (come outta DRs), it's okay for the country in a different tag to hit him right? as long as we're talking SS/PSes only

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Mar 18th 2014, 21:13:07

right.
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

Trife Game profile

Mar 19th 2014, 2:59:55

okie dokie, thanks for the clarification mr green man

Zorp Game profile

Mar 25th 2014, 9:48:01

Originally posted by martian:
one:many is ok
many:one is not ok (unless it's retals).

so if one team attacks 5 different teams, all 5 teams can hit back. Poor gameplay decisions are not against the rules:P

and that's 200 MILLION nw country.

So I take this to mean if a country is langrabbing countries 2+ times willy nilly across several teams, whoever has been hit has the right to retal, whether that means SS/PS or killruns?

Chutya123 Game profile

Nov 13th 2018, 16:09:10

Can anybody tell me what were the spirit rules? Was there anything more to it than what's posted above? I tried searching for it but can't find anything meaningful.

Edited By: Chutya123 on Nov 13th 2018, 16:12:07
See Original Post

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 13th 2018, 18:06:22

Essentially spirit of the server was a method in which teams were kept as teams and couldnt be expanded.

Say tag A attacked tag B. If a third clan hit either tag they would be deleted for a rules violation. There was more to the rule than that, but that explains it simply.

The rules were scrapped when the mod was attacked for a delete on elders (before my time) when they hit another clan. As I've heard the story it went something like this. Elders was vocal about their intention to hit someone. The day before elders was supposed to hit them, they hit a 2 member tag so as to initiate the SOS and not allow elders to kill them. Elders hit anyways as they intended and were deleted for SOS violation. After much protest over using a loophole to avoid getting killed, the rule was scrapped.

Chutya123 Game profile

Nov 14th 2018, 0:46:37

Originally posted by DerrickICN:
Essentially spirit of the server was a method in which teams were kept as teams and couldnt be expanded.

Say tag A attacked tag B. If a third clan hit either tag they would be deleted for a rules violation. There was more to the rule than that, but that explains it simply.

The rules were scrapped when the mod was attacked for a delete on elders (before my time) when they hit another clan. As I've heard the story it went something like this. Elders was vocal about their intention to hit someone. The day before elders was supposed to hit them, they hit a 2 member tag so as to initiate the SOS and not allow elders to kill them. Elders hit anyways as they intended and were deleted for SOS violation. After much protest over using a loophole to avoid getting killed, the rule was scrapped.

Ok makes sense. Thanks.

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 14th 2018, 3:44:30

Yeah., no reason to say "they". It was me. Lol. Elders all got purpled because they attacked me.

The SotS rules were meant to prevent 2 teams vs 1,. but Elders hated me so much that they decided to attack my country with 3 different clans near the end of the set. The end result was all their countries got purpled and I got about 1500 defends.

Once the set was over they ran Tella (game mod) off the server and promoted Elves to game moderator, who removed the SotS rules all together.

That's why if I see anyone of that era complaining about the ZZ tags I ROFL in their face. Karma.
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 14th 2018, 4:07:44

My stick creating chaos again :P
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Marshal Game profile

Nov 14th 2018, 15:29:05

nice idea but not that well made and it applied to tagged countries only not all as it should have.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Chutya123 Game profile

Nov 14th 2018, 16:41:03

Originally posted by Celphi:
Yeah., no reason to say "they". It was me. Lol. Elders all got purpled because they attacked me.

The SotS rules were meant to prevent 2 teams vs 1,. but Elders hated me so much that they decided to attack my country with 3 different clans near the end of the set. The end result was all their countries got purpled and I got about 1500 defends.

Once the set was over they ran Tella (game mod) off the server and promoted Elves to game moderator, who removed the SotS rules all together.

That's why if I see anyone of that era complaining about the ZZ tags I ROFL in their face. Karma.

Can you fill me in on some missing relevant info? What's the continuity between elders, your clan and zigzag? Who and where are their offsprings and heirs continuing their legacy now? Where's Elves now? I don't have any background knowledge about all this politics. I am a 15 year returning player, played express last few sets. You can find me on express forums.
Would help to know who's who to figure out what's going on on this server.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 14th 2018, 16:53:59

I miss the elf and boltar :-/
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Marshal Game profile

Nov 14th 2018, 20:48:40

this server is just waiting final deathblow.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

DruncK Game profile

Nov 14th 2018, 21:44:44

The history books have been burnt many times bud, team now is no resemblance to those days.

Zigzag was created right after the spirit rules were axed as part of a large coalition who were chased off for trying to police the server themselves. After that happened everything got real boring.

Nerrus Game profile

Nov 15th 2018, 2:32:45

Originally posted by DruncK:
...Zigzag was created right after the spirit rules were axed as part of a large coalition who were chased off for trying to police the server themselves...
Really?
^..^ Surren ^..^

The only secrets you know are the secrets I deliberately let you know.

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 15th 2018, 4:34:42

Like I said celphi, before my time. I've not a purple to my name. I didn't actually know it was you but that makes sense. Though I'm doubting 3 tags came at you because the 1a tag wasn't even 15 members at that time, but I cant say for sure. It's funny. The story as I'd heard it was that you hit a two man tag just to avoid getting hit by elders. They said they hit solo and got purpled. Looking back thru the leadership logs from that time, they didnt ask for help nor did they think they had any. Sounds like some separate people who hit you maybe? Or you're over hyping yourself? I suppose it doesnt matter. The end result is the same. According to logged convo with tella, they were deleted because you were already at war with a 2 man tag, so I've always believed the mods description of the narrative but your story seems way different. S'pose the truth is probably somewhere in the middle.

Elders disbanded on team but 3 or 4 of the 7 that played there still play in various tags. Celphi included. Tho he grew a chubby for killing elders before I ever came back to playing. They play various sets between darkness, dwar, freebuch, mercs, etc. All depends what's going on. Those of us that like to net had banded together for multiple sets in a row but were only able to net for 2 sets likely largely due to my reputation and went back to war tags.

Elders is now known as darkness in 1a. The team name paying homage is an indicator of the type of members that are there. Killers.

Elves still plays very rarely with us in 1a but he just doesnt have the time these days. Currently galleri is the mod of this server.

Currently, politics are simple. Theres a handful of tags that are pretty decent at coexisting and then like 10 people who die every set. There aren't really good wars like that anymore. CWG blindsided villains last set which is intriguing and I'd think gets revenged this set. The other tags will probably kill you if you hit them at all, unless they're netters like ZigZag or hcfc then they will retal.

There are two basic systems for netting here. You either go all explore or you get your tag suicided on. Most remaining players in the game are capable of hitting back so farming untagged is usually a good way to get smacked. All x tags like hcfc do get hit from time to time, but as a tag we are all aware is attempting to all x, hitting them is just rude lol. ZZ on the other hand you'll see hitting the untagged and dealing with multiple suiciders. It's really just preference there.

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 15th 2018, 4:39:01

Basically if you want to war you're up against extremely skilled veteran killers and if you want to net, the available targets on this botless server will all respond with heavy blows. Play all x and net until you get good at the server or you know......end up like #22

mrford Game profile

Nov 16th 2018, 0:20:27

All-x top 10 is easy as fluff on this server right now.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

beerdrinker75 Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 16th 2018, 1:12:25

Originally posted by mrford:

Hasn't it always been?
Just shut up and have another beer

Nerrus Game profile

Nov 16th 2018, 3:32:46

Originally posted by beerdrinker75:

Hasn't it always been?
mrford is from La La Land :D
^..^ Surren ^..^

The only secrets you know are the secrets I deliberately let you know.

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 16th 2018, 6:14:15

Yeah if you struggle to x top ten here at least in like the past two years you're trash. I've top tenned where I ran a FFO and literally just bought the extra oil I needed to oil destock and the tech to maximize and finished like 5th lol. Like 0 market trades. It's always been easy.

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 16th 2018, 7:09:25

Too bad Derrick uses speculation & I use facts.

No hype needed. I'm a legend.

References:
https://www.earthempires.com/...-1-xbadx-0-36866/5#672427
http://earthgraphs.com/...trygraph=alive&page=0

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 16th 2018, 7:18:09

I defended against Elders/xBaDx for three straight days. (Who were the most active clan on the server).

They were even attacking me with their purpled countries, lol.

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 16th 2018, 7:23:00

& Derrick you're wrong again. I was in a clan of 3 people [MiM].. and we were at war with a clan of 5 people [Book] because they attacked us first.

Yet, while I was at war with [Book]. (Elders [5 players] and xBaDx [5 players] both attacked me at the end of the set (27th - 30th)). A total of 15 ppl vs 1.

mrford Game profile

Nov 16th 2018, 12:20:19

Originally posted by beerdrinker75:

Hasn't it always been?

It is substantially easier now than is used to be. Not many skilled players left.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Naviii Game profile

Nov 16th 2018, 12:49:15

Like I said celphi, before my time. I've not a purple to my name. I didn't actually know it was you but that makes sense. Though I'm doubting 3 tags came at you because the 1a tag wasn't even 15 members at that time, but I cant say for sure. It's funny. The story as I'd heard it was that you hit a two man tag just to avoid getting hit by elders. They said they hit solo and got purpled. Looking back thru the leadership logs from that time, they didnt ask for help nor did they think they had any. Sounds like some separate people who hit you maybe? Or you're over hyping yourself? I suppose it doesnt matter. The end result is the same. According to logged convo with tella, they were deleted because you were already at war with a 2 man tag, so I've always believed the mods description of the narrative but your story seems way different. S'pose the truth is probably somewhere in the middle.

Elders disbanded on team but 3 or 4 of the 7 that played there still play in various tags. Celphi included. Tho he grew a chubby for killing elders before I ever came back to playing. They play various sets between darkness, dwar, freebuch, mercs, etc. All depends what's going on. Those of us that like to net had banded together for multiple sets in a row but were only able to net for 2 sets likely largely due to my reputation and went back to war tags.

Elders is now known as darkness in 1a. The team name paying homage is an indicator of the type of members that are there. Killers.

Elves still plays very rarely with us in 1a but he just doesnt have the time these days. Currently galleri is the mod of this server.

Currently, politics are simple. Theres a handful of tags that are pretty decent at coexisting and then like 10 people who die every set. There aren't really good wars like that anymore. CWG blindsided villains last set which is intriguing and I'd think gets revenged this set. The other tags will probably kill you if you hit them at all, unless they're netters like ZigZag or hcfc then they will retal.

There are two basic systems for netting here. You either go all explore or you get your tag suicided on. Most remaining players in the game are capable of hitting back so farming untagged is usually a good way to get smacked. All x tags like hcfc do get hit from time to time, but as a tag we are all aware is attempting to all x, hitting them is just rude lol. ZZ on the other hand you'll see hitting the untagged and dealing with multiple suiciders. It's really just preference there.

for the record, CWG hit VILLAINS last set because of a series of SRs on us while they were hitting ZoooM. We intended to finish as high as we could without warring or dying in the process.

LittleItaly Game profile

Game Moderator
Alliance & FFA

Nov 16th 2018, 15:03:58

Originally posted by Naviii:

for the record, CWG hit VILLAINS last set because of a series of SRs on us while they were hitting ZoooM. We intended to finish as high as we could without warring or dying in the process.

That didn't work out too well for you, and VILLAINS finished higher w/ top 10 spot after killing 2 tags.
LittleItaly
SOL Vet
-Discord: LittleItaly#2905
-IRC: irc.scourge.se #sol
-Apply today @ http://sol.ghqnet.com for Alliance

Naviii Game profile

Nov 16th 2018, 16:27:57

you're missing the point.

let's put it this way: what would do you if someone says "i'm sorry i broke your window. i was aiming at your neighbor's." Betelgeuse sent his apologies for the "misdirected" SRs. what would you do if you were caught in that crossfire?

the team worked together in bringing justice because we were aggrieved. win or lose we stayed together. yeah, you won. we don't care.

drkprinc Game profile

Nov 16th 2018, 16:28:37

The history books have been burnt many times bud, team now is no resemblance to those days.

Zigzag was created right after the spirit rules were axed as part of a large coalition who were chased off for trying to police the server themselves. After that happened everything got real boring.

ZZ was around for a good solid while with the spirit of the server, we even fought you and your buddies off successfully multiple times when you FS'd us netting with your warbuilds and we turned around and tag killed you, Elders was the only ones that ever gave us a truly hard time.
(<(<>(<>.(<>..<>).<>)<>)>)

zz.ghqnet.com - 0.o
http://LaF.center - LaF
imp.ghqnet.com - IMP

DruncK Game profile

Nov 16th 2018, 20:36:16

Darkprince you took players from the alphabet gang and created ZZ right after our downfall. We only ever warred you recently.

https://m.earthempires.com/team/74/clans/ZigZag

beerdrinker75 Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 16th 2018, 22:27:39

Originally posted by drkprinc:

ZZ was around for a good solid while with the spirit of the server, we even fought you and your buddies off successfully multiple times when you FS'd us netting with your warbuilds and we turned around and tag killed you, Elders was the only ones that ever gave us a truly hard time.

I think zigs early wars were mainly with xBaDx. Which at the time was Dreckon, mob, me and whoever else we could get to tag. So yeah with me starting the FS us getting tag killed was inevitable lol.
Just shut up and have another beer

LittleItaly Game profile

Game Moderator
Alliance & FFA

Nov 17th 2018, 4:29:30

Originally posted by Naviii:
you're missing the point.

let's put it this way: what would do you if someone says "i'm sorry i broke your window. i was aiming at your neighbor's." Betelgeuse sent his apologies for the "misdirected" SRs. what would you do if you were caught in that crossfire?

the team worked together in bringing justice because we were aggrieved. win or lose we stayed together. yeah, you won. we don't care.

Seeing as we thought we had good relations with your team, friendly mistakes arent worth putting out a losing FS and war on your part. But thats just my opinion.
LittleItaly
SOL Vet
-Discord: LittleItaly#2905
-IRC: irc.scourge.se #sol
-Apply today @ http://sol.ghqnet.com for Alliance