Verified:

locket Game profile

Mar 14th 2014, 7:14:11

The same could be said of Sol or MD Alin.

And NeoRage was never going to be that close. If neo was actually RD then perhaps it would have been closer but it is not the same people(thankfully in some cases).

But yah I agree with absolute even being impossible basically. Even if Sof and Sol agreed on a 3 week war next set it is unlikely they each have identical memberships.

Colonel Chaos Game profile

Mar 14th 2014, 12:34:08

This is overall one of the more even wars considering recent history. SoF did a great job of bringing it back to damn near even NW. Props for that.

I do hope leadership on both sides can move on and work to develop an environment that is more conducive to fun and less of a revenge-fest for what happened in the past.

I say again... both sides... forgive, but don't forget.... but still move on.
Colonel Chaos
SOL FR Commander

irc.scourge.se -> #solfr
--------------------
“Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy.”
― Isaac Newton

mdevol Game profile

Mar 14th 2014, 20:05:40

Go SoL!
Surely what a man does when he is caught off his guard is the best evidence as to what sort of man he is. - C.S. Lewis

Raging Budda Game profile

Mar 14th 2014, 20:46:11

/me feels the love.

Dang that was a waste of 5 min catching up on the posts over the past 2 days.
Your base is mine!

hsifreta Game profile

Mar 15th 2014, 10:58:03

Originally posted by Raging Budda:
/me feels the love.

guess i should do that too. =P

tellarion Game profile

Mar 15th 2014, 11:21:46

Originally posted by aponic:
mdevol, no one is saying it isn't fair. We are just calling you out on your lame dipfluff lies.

If you want to say that you weren't prep'd last set, then that was POOR STRATEGY. If we say that we weren't prepared this set, that was also POOR STRATEGY.

You want it both ways. Seriously, look at the fluff you say and then smack your head into the wall.

Of course they were somewhat war prepped last set. You made it abundantly clear that you would be hitting them, despite bing repeatedly told that they didn't want to war and that they would call md in the second you attacked. Last set was all on you....

hsifreta Game profile

Mar 15th 2014, 11:43:53

/me feels the love.

ah nothing new. you got me for a sec, thought there was real love. but no.. no love. </3

aponic Game profile

Mar 16th 2014, 14:00:07

SOL did not netgain last reset, not even for a moment. They were fully war prep'd Tella.

This conversation started because Makinso was saying that FS's aren't as powerful. Maybe that is true but he just got one and it helped so it's pretty hypocritical for him to be pointing out how they 'aren't as powerful'. mdevol decided to jump in and claim that SOL was netting last set.

The bottom line is that I don't even like reading posts by either one. I came back to bridge new relationships and so far Makinso has passed around logs of our private conversations, made it out that I threatened him last set when I reached across and told him our plans to be upfront, and had mdevol clinging to false statements at every turn. Relationships between SOF and SOL are not improving. I'm not going to waste any more time talking to either one of them.

SOF
Cerevisi

Makinso Game profile

Mar 16th 2014, 14:09:27

Aponic how is you saying you will bully SOL into a war they do not wish to fight an attempt to improve relationships? As a sidenote I never said having an FS does NOT help your war effort, I just said they aren't as powerful as 6 - 12 months ago.

Anyways we're beyond those points. It's time this fluff ends and we need to talk in private.

tellarion Game profile

Mar 16th 2014, 18:51:23

SOL did not netgain last reset, not even for a moment. They were fully war prep'd Tella.

This conversation started because Makinso was saying that FS's aren't as powerful. Maybe that is true but he just got one and it helped so it's pretty hypocritical for him to be pointing out how they 'aren't as powerful'. mdevol decided to jump in and claim that SOL was netting last set.

The bottom line is that I don't even like reading posts by either one. I came back to bridge new relationships and so far Makinso has passed around logs of our private conversations, made it out that I threatened him last set when I reached across and told him our plans to be upfront, and had mdevol clinging to false statements at every turn. Relationships between SOF and SOL are not improving. I'm not going to waste any more time talking to either one of them.

Dude, you're losing it here. You flat out said that you were going to force Sol to war, despite the fact that they didn't want to and told you MD would join in. YOU precipitated the whole thing. How do you not get that by now?

K_L Game profile

Mar 16th 2014, 20:59:49

You Rebel Scum!

Raging Budda Game profile

Mar 16th 2014, 21:43:54

Originally posted by hsifreta:
/me feels the love.

ah nothing new. you got me for a sec, thought there was real love. but no.. no love. </3

Sorry, I should have inlucded #sarcasm in the post.
Your base is mine!

BigBoi

Mar 18th 2014, 0:39:34

so who's winning? is it still just sol v sof?

Unsympathetic Game profile

Mar 18th 2014, 1:55:00

Of course SoF caused everything. How could they not, seeing as SOL determined unanimously amongst themselves to be the sole arbiters of morality?

Tokyousr Game profile

Mar 18th 2014, 2:04:47

bonus

d20 Game profile

Mar 18th 2014, 4:24:57

bonus.
sof sucks :(

Mossad Game profile

Mar 18th 2014, 4:30:37

D man Rocks F.T.W....................

Wu Game profile

Mar 18th 2014, 7:56:14

SOL is ranked too high.

hsifreta Game profile

Mar 18th 2014, 8:47:09

Originally posted by tellarion:

Dude, you're losing it here. You flat out said that you were going to force Sol to war, despite the fact that they didn't want to and told you MD would join in. YOU precipitated the whole thing. How do you not get that by now?

one of 2 options:
1. he gets it but denies it in order to defend his conscience/reality
2. he doesnt get it, and never will, cuz he's unable to follow/process the complexity of the situation

or a lil of both. or maybe he's unfit in the head, or not really human, or ate some bad brocolli. who knows.

hsifreta Game profile

Mar 18th 2014, 8:52:59

here's it put into every day terms:

if you go to a peace loving fella and tell him that you're gonna knock him in the head whether he fights back or not, and afterwards he leaves his house with a helmet and a bat for protection.. he's not trying to start a fight. he's just ready to knock back if you decide to carry on with your threat.

that, my friend, is wargaining. no, it's not netting, cuz your threats before the set started changed the situation.

/end rant

Makinso Game profile

Mar 18th 2014, 10:46:26

@Bigboi

SOL is winning

mrford Game profile

Mar 18th 2014, 10:47:25

maki is a $2 whore. dont let him tell you otherwise
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

tellarion Game profile

Mar 18th 2014, 13:49:35

Wtf Ford!

I paid $3 :/

Makinso Game profile

Mar 18th 2014, 14:32:55

LOL LOL

flgatorboy89 Game profile

Mar 19th 2014, 4:19:03

I thought he was giving it away....
Jon
ZT, SoL

<jon> off to bed fluffbeater :p
<mrford> i dont beat fluffs
<mrford> i eat them
<mrford> gosh
<jon> well, fluffeater
<Kat> oookay....

Tokyousr Game profile

Mar 19th 2014, 8:30:40

ankle biting and lemmings is more fun than doing KRs against a clan that has less than half the NW

Kalick Game profile

Mar 19th 2014, 12:30:38

Originally posted by Tokyousr:
ankle biting and lemmings is more fun than doing KRs against a clan that has less than half the NW

Then SoF are jerks for hoarding all the fun.

BigBoi

Mar 19th 2014, 18:16:55

gj sol then!

i got no horse

Murf Game profile

Mar 19th 2014, 18:42:16

This thread still here

aponic Game profile

Mar 20th 2014, 2:33:29

I was a gentleman tellarion, you just don't see it the same way as I do. Quite frankly, I don't really care. It would have been nice for SOL to tell us that they were going to hit us this set and not before a specified date. But oh snap, that would have been threatening us. Grow the fluff up.
SOF
Cerevisi

ssewellusmc

Mar 20th 2014, 2:46:40

I was a gentleman tellarion, you just don't see it the same way as I do. Quite frankly, I don't really care. It would have been nice for SOL to tell us that they were going to hit us this set and not before a specified date. But oh snap, that would have been threatening us. Grow the fluff up.

+99999999999999

mider Game profile

Mar 20th 2014, 4:41:10

die

mdevol Game profile

Mar 20th 2014, 6:59:49

aponic, are you trying to suggest that threatening to bully us into a war if we refused a 1v1 that we didn't want to fight over the holidays is being a gentleman? Or that because you were being honest it somehow justifies it as being okay to do?

We have been going back and forth for almost a year about having an even 1v1 and we finally got a 1v1 without outside interference, with even starting NW and even #s and neither side was blindsided and it isn't good enough?

Surely what a man does when he is caught off his guard is the best evidence as to what sort of man he is. - C.S. Lewis

Durin Game profile

Mar 20th 2014, 18:29:27

Originally posted by mdevol:
aponic, are you trying to suggest that threatening to bully us into a war if we refused a 1v1 that we didn't want to fight over the holidays is being a gentleman? Or that because you were being honest it somehow justifies it as being okay to do?

We have been going back and forth for almost a year about having an even 1v1 and we finally got a 1v1 without outside interference, with even starting NW and even #s and neither side was blindsided and it isn't good enough?

Define blindsided ;)

XiQter

Mar 20th 2014, 18:51:57

fluff u all

Cornfed

Mar 20th 2014, 19:26:34

If it was being a gentleman to say you're planning to war, was it not being a gentleman to say they didn't want one over the holidays and would call in an ally if it was forced?

mrford Game profile

Mar 20th 2014, 19:35:33

come on mdevol. SOL had a couple more members, activity with the MD rentals, and the FS. you all are fighting well in this war, and SoF's inactivity is starting to show, however there are literally people on here dumb enough to believe you when you say this was an even war. think of the stupid people next time. No one wants to lose a war, so i would of done the same thing as SoL, but we can atleast be honest about this since the war is pretty much decided.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Symac

Mar 20th 2014, 21:32:00

While the most even war in years, it still was not even. SoL had every advantage. Why not do a real war? Set a date, don't borrow members from other alliances, no outside FA, try for even numbers, and no dicey stuff.

Plan it this set so each can get members back and pumped for next set.

mdevol Game profile

Mar 20th 2014, 21:33:28

If thats what you guys have to cling to to save face, cling to it. It wall make for a good recruiting message about getting revenge.....again.

Perhaps with the worn out members (as was claimed by leadership) you should take a set off of warring, or setup a friendly with LaF or something instead of beating them into the ground. I know it sucks. SoL was there not too long ago, remember?
Have your leaders contact ours and maybe we can figure something out.

mrford Game profile

Mar 20th 2014, 21:47:19

you know me better than to think im clinging to anything to save face, and i thought i knew you well enough to think that you would stop spinning fluff into your favor while winning a war in a convincing fashion. SoL had every advantage at the FS, and kept their activity up long enough to overcome SoF's push to come back. it really is as simple as that. im not blaming anything other than SoF here, or making excuses, as SoF's war effort this set has been pathetic and that is the reason we lost, nothing else. however, you are just down right lying here, and its stupid.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

mdevol Game profile

Mar 20th 2014, 21:50:59

Symac, if SoF members didnt disappear to other tags this set the numbers would have been flipped. How were we supposed to know what hey would peak at? I assumed the prospect of a 1v1 against SoL would be a huge selling point....it turned out not to be the case.

KC left, Galleri left, mauricXe, the members they borrowed from RD last reset left...why is that?

That right there is the difference in activity and members.

So it was an even war, one of the most even wars since EE and it wasnt even enough?

Alin Game profile

Mar 20th 2014, 22:40:17

let them just look over the first 20 days of war-stats ( HPM and HPK ) and they will eventually notice this war did not resumed to members advantage or FS advantage but to skill ( Sol ) ws Sof.

Alin Game profile

Mar 20th 2014, 22:43:03

and yes - cry us a river Sof. About how this war is not even or about anything you want.

This war, and the war when Rival refused to fight back, were 2 times more even than 95% of the wars you have fought in the last 30 months.

locket Game profile

Mar 21st 2014, 0:34:51

Symac, if SoF members didnt disappear to other tags this set the numbers would have been flipped. How were we supposed to know what hey would peak at? I assumed the prospect of a 1v1 against SoL would be a huge selling point....it turned out not to be the case.

KC left, Galleri left, mauricXe, the members they borrowed from RD last reset left...why is that?

That right there is the difference in activity and members.

So it was an even war, one of the most even wars since EE and it wasnt even enough?

KC left to help friends and he did so. Galleri started her own alliance.

If you wanted a fair war you would have arranged it. End of story. You wanted a "fairish" war. The only fair war will be when both sides know the start date.

Multiple people have suggested it here. Either you guys want to fight again or you dont, but if you do then just pick a date and go for it!

mdevol Game profile

Mar 21st 2014, 0:37:46

Okay. No such thing as a fair war unless both parties agree on start date and numbers are identical with a mutual FS?

locket Game profile

Mar 21st 2014, 0:43:17

Perfectly fair? Sure. Id imagine you guys could get a much fairer war by simply agreeing to the start date though and somewhat coordinating member sizes so it is within a certain range.

I think Sol performed great here but if both sides actually want as fair a war as is likely to happen I think youd have to agree on a day. Would take too much effort to get same membership to the country.

Im uncertain if you were being sarcastic but Im guessing you were... either way I am not messing with you and would be interested to watch that war happen. Plus if it was agreed upon it would be good for the server politics imo and it would still be serious since you guys dont like eachother :P

mdevol Game profile

Mar 21st 2014, 1:11:55

No sarcasm. I thought this was the fairest war we have seen in 1a since EE took over.

I didnt expect the outcry of it being unfair as much as it has been. Pretty much from the get go.

I think a lot of us would agree that SoF of 1 year ago wins this war. Or at least it is still a toss up at this point. THAT is the difference.

Edited By: mdevol on Mar 21st 2014, 1:15:59

Symac

Mar 21st 2014, 1:12:47

Few members here or there doesn't make the difference. The FS does or knowing the FS. Also, I am not saying SoF didn't lose or the war is invalid. SoF lost in a fair war, and most of that came down to losing activity.

mdevol Game profile

Mar 21st 2014, 1:22:00

Thats all i have been trying to say. That the numbers and advantages being claimed as the difference have not been the difference in the war nor as big an advantage as being painted. SoFs inactivity combined with SoLs target selection and activity was the difference.

locket Game profile

Mar 21st 2014, 2:08:13

For myself I am saying that it made a difference. Im nowhere saying it was insurmountable though. I just disliked it being claimed it was completely fair when it wasnt. I dont like Sof so I dont exactly have an agenda :P I thought the advantage was decent but that it was one of the more fair wars as you said.