Verified:

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 11th 2014, 20:03:10

http://www.cnn.com/...malaysia-plane-scenarios/

I just heard there are/were 20 of the brightest electronic technology warfare brains on that flight, hmmmm......

What do you think might have happened?

Personally, I'm leaning towards a hijacking, it appears two of the passengers had fake passports, both men Iranian.
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

blid

EE Patron

Mar 11th 2014, 20:06:33

why cant it just have disappeared? what's funny is we know it's disappeared, it's the one thing we know, but people still can't accept that apparently.. sometimes a cigar is just a cigar
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

Patience Game profile

Mar 11th 2014, 20:06:52

One of those men was apparently a 19-year-old seeking asylum - unlikely to be involved. I'm leaning toward catastrophic mechanical failure, myself. But I am a bit of a Pollyanna. ;)
I cannot see your signature - so if it's witty, put it in a post instead! :p

archaic: Patty, if it was you wearing it, I'd consider a fuzzy pink pig suit to be lingerie. Patty makes pork rock.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 11th 2014, 20:16:21

Well, no sign of crash yet, they been searching since disappearance from radar, 777 is BIG jet liner, even over a body of water there has to be debris from a crash, lots of materials that float are used to build modern marvels.
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

braden Game profile

Mar 11th 2014, 20:28:34

my guess is either the past or the future, my guess is the future (otherwise we'd have gone to mars by now!)

Patience Game profile

Mar 11th 2014, 20:30:10

Hmmm... just read a bit more, and it seems catastrophic mechanical failure is off the books. It was apparently caught on military radar in the Malacca Strait, which is WAYYYYYY off its intended flight path, long after contact was apparently lost. I dunno. In any case, no airliner flies hundreds of miles off its intended flight plan after a catastrophic mechanical failure. Not sure I believe that the military radar signature was MH370.
I cannot see your signature - so if it's witty, put it in a post instead! :p

archaic: Patty, if it was you wearing it, I'd consider a fuzzy pink pig suit to be lingerie. Patty makes pork rock.

Trife Game profile

Mar 11th 2014, 20:35:22

Originally posted by KoHeartsGPA:

I just heard there are/were 20 of the brightest electronic technology warfare brains on that flight, hmmmm......

(CITATION NEEDED)

Trife Game profile

Mar 11th 2014, 20:36:42

My theory - it landed/crashed on/around an island that the Dharma Initiative was conducting secret research on.

blid

EE Patron

Mar 11th 2014, 20:42:15

it disappeared. that's all. no terrorists, no engine failures, it was just there then and now it is gone. simple as that
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

braden Game profile

Mar 11th 2014, 20:42:56

if control was taken by force, should there not have been time for radio communication?

and that series of satellites they mention in the article, do they exist??

braden Game profile

Mar 11th 2014, 20:43:31

trife: somebody should totally make a tv show.. million dollar idea, bro, million dollars.

blid

EE Patron

Mar 11th 2014, 20:44:37

WE HAVE TO GO BACK, BRADEN

Trife Game profile

Mar 11th 2014, 20:51:40

DON'T TELL ME WHAT I CAN'T DO!!!

braden Game profile

Mar 11th 2014, 20:53:11

NOBODY PUTS BABY IN A CORNER

wait, what are we talking about?

Trife Game profile

Mar 11th 2014, 20:55:36

we're talking about the swayze express, bubs

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 11th 2014, 20:56:40

Originally posted by braden:
if control was taken by force, should there not have been time for radio communication?

and that series of satellites they mention in the article, do they exist??

A 777 highly computerized jet liner might not need "take by force" hijacking techniques... *wink wink*
(•_•)

Boltar Game profile

Mar 11th 2014, 20:58:35

in todays world.. nothing or no one disappears unless they or someone else wants them too.. quite simple.. too many nosey people and or people with social media to post things.. secrets arent kept anymore either unless theres alot of money being exchanged

braden Game profile

Mar 11th 2014, 21:00:42

yea but this isn't files on a harddrive somewhere, this is actual flight control.. can that be "hacked"?

if, of course, i understood your inference ;)

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 11th 2014, 21:05:53

Originally posted by braden:
yea but this isn't files on a harddrive somewhere, this is actual flight control.. can that be "hacked"?

if, of course, i understood your inference ;)

Yes and if it can't, the guy watching the screen can be bought off :-(
(•_•)

Boltar Game profile

Mar 11th 2014, 21:10:53

wouldnt there be a hacking deterence somehow.. like a signal that would go off if the integrity of it become compromised?

braden Game profile

Mar 11th 2014, 21:16:23

if you were a good enough hacker to, while in flight, hack your way into controlling the flight of the plane, then wouldn't the detection be the first thing you hacked into your control?

braden Game profile

Mar 11th 2014, 21:17:43

but other precautions need to have been made, as in.. none of the controls are done through any sort of internet or related communication.. or is this unreasonable?

i've never made a plane work in my life.. i don't know what it takes..

Boltar Game profile

Mar 11th 2014, 21:22:07

anything is possible i suppose.. including taking down the pc where the signals would go.. before u do the plane

mrford Game profile

Mar 11th 2014, 21:35:25

Originally posted by Boltar:
in todays world.. nothing or no one disappears unless they or someone else wants them too.. quite simple.. too many nosey people and or people with social media to post things.. secrets arent kept anymore either unless theres alot of money being exchanged

false. in 2007 and 2009 flights disappeared and in one case it took 2 YEARS for the wreckage to be found.

people seem to live in this interactive world where they forget how large the real world actually is.

right now they are using 100 ships and aircraft to search a 100 mile radius. a search area with a 100 mile radius is 31,416 SQUARE MILES. the total surface area of the worlds oceans is something like 140 MILLION square miles. if a plane goes down in an area where there arnt prominent shipping lanes or aircraft alleys, then it is extremely hard to find, especially if contact is lost at cruising altitude and the plane has to fall 8 miles before it hits anything.

Most modern civilian aircraft dont beam their exact location and vital systems information to ground controllers constantly, it is just stored on the infamous black box. the technology to do this is around, but most airline companies find it to be nither cost effective or needed. In addition "hacking" a modern aircraft is all but impossible due to the built in redundancies and presence of PILOTS in the fluffpit.

I find it amazing how advanced people think our world is. It is still a VERY big place. Until anything more is known, the plane disappeared. any speculation after that is just reckless.

Edited By: mrford on Mar 11th 2014, 21:46:27
See Original Post
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

braden Game profile

Mar 11th 2014, 21:38:02

what ford is saying is that the plane is indeed in the future

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 11th 2014, 21:46:27

True fordy, I was under the impression that the 777 was a state of the art modern marvel, and the black box on these jets are the best to take flight....then again....the Titanic was unsinkable :-/
(•_•)

braden Game profile

Mar 11th 2014, 21:48:41

ok, but they had time records to set, ko, give them a break, fluff

mrford Game profile

Mar 11th 2014, 22:00:45

the 777 was put into commercial use in 1995. so there are some airframes out there with almost 20 years on them. Granted there are a lot of older airframes out there, but even boeing has put out the more advanced and similarly sized 787 "dreamliner"

in addition, the 777 isnt a "massive aircraft" as you seemed to imply in an earlier post KoH. While the 777 is the largest twin engine passanger aircraft, it is FAR from the largest. the 747 standard variant had a max takeoff weight of 740,000 pounds, the 777 is closer to 450,000 lbs. And the Airbus A380 is 1.3 million lbs, lol. so sure, the 777 is a large airframe, but massive when compared to true large airliners? hardly. the 777 was developed as a long range, wide body, fuel efficient, passenger transport. it is quite a bit bigger than the 737 most americans are used to hopping between the states in though. that is 115,000 lbs.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

mrford Game profile

Mar 11th 2014, 22:02:54

oh, and the 787 was the first to use composites as the majority of its construction. the 777 had some, but not nearly on the same level.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Mar 11th 2014, 22:04:24

I dreamt of an airliner disappearing a few days before this one did. Same thing happened to me when the bridge went down in Minnesota. Anyhow ... at the same time this plane disappeared I was watching a documentary on UFO's.
I have decided that A.) the plane was taken by a UFO. or B.) they went into a warmhole and are in another dimension or time (I have read to many Stephen King books or something)
The Air France that took 5 days to find, did have data that was sent in as it was going down that showed it was in "cabin vertical speed"...meaning it was going down.
Maylaysian Flight 370 had no data sent in showing anything.
Though my A. and B. statements are most likely wrong and C. it is sitting on the bottom of the ocean floor.
I am with K.O...where the fluff is my plane I dreamed about!?

Edited By: galleri on Mar 11th 2014, 22:20:37

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

braden Game profile

Mar 11th 2014, 22:13:31

my take on it, galleri, is you couldn't read too much stephen king if you tried.

what happened? Gan happened. :(

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 11th 2014, 22:15:40

Originally posted by mrford:
the 777 was put into commercial use in 1995. so there are some airframes out there with almost 20 years on them. Granted there are a lot of older airframes out there, but even boeing has put out the more advanced and similarly sized 787 "dreamliner"

in addition, the 777 isnt a "massive aircraft" as you seemed to imply in an earlier post KoH. While the 777 is the largest twin engine passanger aircraft, it is FAR from the largest. the 747 standard variant had a max takeoff weight of 740,000 pounds, the 777 is closer to 450,000 lbs. And the Airbus A380 is 1.3 million lbs, lol. so sure, the 777 is a large airframe, but massive when compared to true large airliners? hardly. the 777 was developed as a long range, wide body, fuel efficient, passenger transport. it is quite a bit bigger than the 737 most americans are used to hopping between the states in though. that is 115,000 lbs.

Very interesting factoids!, I got to fly in the 747 "Jumbo" twice, once in an Airbus and 3x in the 737, I love the Jumbo, I only seen the 777, never got in one, I always admired them for their wide stance.

My grandfather was a small plane mechanical engineer in Argentina, I always regret not following his foot steps :-(
(•_•)

mrford Game profile

Mar 11th 2014, 22:22:15

i worked for boeing for a bit and have a jane's aircraft recognition guide next to my fluffter.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 11th 2014, 22:25:30

i worked for boeing for a bit and have a jane's aircraft recognition guide next to my fluffter.

Good gig was it?, I'd be in heaven in their hangars!
(•_•)

mrford Game profile

Mar 11th 2014, 22:27:32

i wasnt hands on with civilian applications, more development for upgrades to existing systems and airframes in military applications. i wasnt a PE then anyways so i wasnt allowed to use any of the cool things.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 11th 2014, 22:30:56

i wasnt hands on with civilian applications, more development for upgrades to existing systems and airframes in military applications. i wasnt a PE then anyways so i wasnt allowed to use any of the cool things.

Still awesome, man :-)
(•_•)

RaTS FYA Game profile

Mar 11th 2014, 23:35:15

Did you all not see lost? That was flight 370
<~qzjul> it gives you a good introduction to orbital mechanics and a good appreciation for how central delta-V is and thrust to weight ratio
<RaTSFYA>The only thrust to weight ratio I'm worried about involves the women I pick up at bars

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator

Mar 12th 2014, 0:54:25

http://www.wsbtv.com/...e-was-hundreds-of/vCS54D/
new details..
Plane was 100's of miles off course?! And it stopped relaying any data........

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

DespicableMe Game profile

Mar 12th 2014, 0:56:32

Originally posted by RaTS FYA:
Did you all not see lost? That was flight 370

^^ this.. i have seen it. lol. maybe the island appeared somewhere near vietnam then disappeared again?

BILL_DANGER Game profile

Mar 12th 2014, 1:36:02

Originally posted by Boltar:

false. in 2007 and 2009 flights disappeared and in one case it took 2 YEARS for the wreckage to be found.

people seem to live in this interactive world where they forget how large the real world actually is.

right now they are using 100 ships and aircraft to search a 100 mile radius. a search area with a 100 mile radius is 31,416 SQUARE MILES. the total surface area of the worlds oceans is something like 140 MILLION square miles. if a plane goes down in an area where there arnt prominent shipping lanes or aircraft alleys, then it is extremely hard to find, especially if contact is lost at cruising altitude and the plane has to fall 8 miles before it hits anything.

Most modern civilian aircraft dont beam their exact location and vital systems information to ground controllers constantly, it is just stored on the infamous black box. the technology to do this is around, but most airline companies find it to be nither cost effective or needed. In addition "hacking" a modern aircraft is all but impossible due to the built in redundancies and presence of PILOTS in the fluffpit.

I find it amazing how advanced people think our world is. It is still a VERY big place. Until anything more is known, the plane disappeared. any speculation after that is just reckless.

THIS. THERE ARE *VAST* EXPANSES OF OCEAN OUT THERE (WHICH SERVE THE ALTERNATE AND VERY USEFUL PURPOSE OF CATCHING BIGASS SPACE ROCKS FROM TIME TO TIME). IF THE PLANE WAS WAY OFF COURSE FOR WHATEVER REASON, THE SEARCH AREA COULD BE HUGE.

braden Game profile

Mar 12th 2014, 1:52:01

but what might cause the plane to be so off course and yet unable to send a radio communique(??) to report whatever the sam hell may have gone wrong?

mrford Game profile

Mar 12th 2014, 2:12:21

major electrical failure, disorientation by the pilots, hijacking
Swagger of a Chupacabra

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator

Mar 12th 2014, 2:15:06

This is an interesting analogy on what may have happened...seems to make the most sense tbh.
http://mh370lost.tumblr.com/?og=1

mrford Game profile

Mar 12th 2014, 2:21:20

well written and plausible. but the scope of the amount of things that could of gone wrong is rather wide until more information is available. that is nothing more than an extremely knowledgeable and practical theory until then.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

braden Game profile

Mar 12th 2014, 2:26:12

electrical failure, as in the planet absolutely fluffing with the planes guidance and communications i can believe, yes, easily and happily.. but would.. scientists in whichever field that is not have noticed it happening and made the correlation?

mrford Game profile

Mar 12th 2014, 2:41:19

electrical failure as in any of the planes electrical systems malfunctioning. i believe the 777 has 2 main electrical systems, each with multiple engine driven and stand alone generators. i was more referring to individual electrical components. did you know that the 777 was boeings first fly by wire civilian design? i dont know much about the navigation and communication system redundancies so i cant comment there without more research but according to that article galleri posted there seemed to be a few communications options. the one thing constant in airplane disasters is the industry does everything they can to learn from what happened. it is a shame that it usually takes a disaster to point out a flaw in a design though.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

braden Game profile

Mar 12th 2014, 2:46:58

it is safe to say if you need to ask if i knew, the answer is no :P there is the reason i only ask question, not really make too many statements here (outside of uncouth time travel jokes)

if by my understanding of the same article, cell phones were working, weren't they?.. why couldn't anybody phone call somebody and say that something catastrophic was happening.. it did mention red eye and mostly sleeping, to help any lack of oxygen.. but surely somebody was up and caught the oxygen mask falling from the roof?

mrford Game profile

Mar 12th 2014, 2:52:42

well, if you read that article, that guys reasoning was that during a slow compression, you usually lose consciousness before the masks are triggered at an atmospheric pressure of 13,500 feet. granted it seems kinda odd that all 280 some passengers would of lost consciousness but who knows. there could of been an electrical fire on the plane that rendered the crew and passengers unconscious while disabling some of the systems and the pilots were attempting to make it to an alternate airport but were disoriented. who knows. like i said, its all just educated guesswork at this point.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

braden Game profile

Mar 12th 2014, 3:01:35

there is a show on the discovery channel called Mayday! here in canada, i can only assume it's from america.. but from my understanding of the shows progression, they find the black box and determine what happened based off of that and communications with ground control.. with no ground control, would an electrical fire show up on the black box for investigators to determine?

mrford Game profile

Mar 12th 2014, 3:10:43

the FDR records things like control surface positions, engine data, and pilot input. there are like 90 data inputs it records and timestamps, but i would have to research for more specific parameters. the CVR records fluffpit communications.
Swagger of a Chupacabra