Verified:

humicroav Game profile

Mar 5th 2014, 6:10:35

How should one go about changing government types mid reset?

I'm having trouble reading the wiki on this topic (under destocking) http://wiki.earthempires.com/index.php/Destocking

It's saying
One should sell spend all of their cash on hand on food before switching governments, and sell 25% of their military, 100% of their food and oil, and 25% of their technology before switching their government to Democracy or Theocracy. This will completely protect your food and oil stockpile from the loss of goods on hand when switching governments.

Does that mean buying food and then placing it for sell on the public market alongside technology and military (presumably at a price it won't sell?

Don't you still lose networth and buildings due to the revolution?
ur mom playz erf2025

h2orich Game profile

Mar 5th 2014, 8:05:43

Yes you do still lose networth and buildings due to conversion, thats the price you have to pay for changing governments.

By buying food and placing them on the public market you will not lose any bushels as anything that is on the market will not be lost due to conversion.

For example, assuming you lose 15% on conversion, you have 1,000,000 troops and you put 250,000 troops on the market. You will only lose 750,000 * 0.15 = 112,500 upon converstion instead of the usual 150,000 if you didnt put up the troops on the market. Same goes for tech.

Note that your readiness will be down to 50% upon conversion so you better save some turns to have your readiness up to 100% before logout.

afaik Game profile

Mar 5th 2014, 8:32:06

Yep, I'd suggest something like (and i'm opening this to critique)....

Note: when 'placing goods for sale' there are circumstances where it's best to sell at a price that WILL sell, and avoid recalling, or to use the recall. Think before placing for sale which works best for you.

PS your jets (if landgain is beneficial)
Convert most of your cash to bushels (it's normal to leave a quantity of cash on hand but be aware you lose the conversion percentage of cash on hand, buildings and bonus points, and tech, and mil not on the market)
Place max mil & food for sale
Place max tech for sale
Convert government
Recall tech
Recall mil and food
Place food for sale or sell on private (or combination) to regenerate cash to rebuild