Verified:

soroosha Game profile

Feb 28th 2014, 22:00:28

As a techer, I'll probably have decent farm tech, but I'm wondering if it's worth it to break even in food or just go all research and buy the food.

At what price would you say is not worth buying food?

Marshal Game profile

Feb 28th 2014, 22:36:11

when it exceeds your priv price. basically its always better to focus on 1 thing like teching and buy food when needed. unless techmarket is really crappy money gotten from sales>money spent on bushels.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

SAM_DANGER Game profile

Mar 4th 2014, 20:12:04

AS A TECHER, YOU ABSOLUTELY DO NOT WANT TO PRODUCE YOUR OWN FOOD. EVER.

EACH FARM REDUCES THE PERCENTAGE OF YOUR LAND WHICH IS COVERED BY LABS. LOWER LAND COVERAGE CAUSES LOWER PRODUCTIVITY FOR EACH INDIVIDUAL LAB. IF YOU ARE KEEPING A "BREAK EVEN" FOOD PRODUCTION LEVEL AS A TECHER, THEN YOU ARE HURTING YOUR COUNTRY'S PERFORMANCE BY FAR MORE THAN THE VALUE OF THE FOOD YOU ARE PRODUCING.

THUNDERHORSE

Mar 4th 2014, 20:12:39

THUNDER
HORSE!

Marshal Game profile

Mar 4th 2014, 21:03:30

sam: that depends how much food is used per turn but you are right but if bushels price is 2-300 and has been past 2-3 days and no sign of it dropping (farmers dream) then i would either switch to farmer or start buying priv. military and selling it off once-thrice a day (if bushels usage per turn is ~30k and ~70 turns per day is used then player would need bit over 2m bushels per day and that'd be 40-60m bucks spent on bushels, if country has 100k+ acres then food usage is skyhigh).

Edited By: Marshal on Mar 5th 2014, 9:10:15
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

h2orich Game profile

Mar 5th 2014, 8:08:48

As long as your production from your labs is greater than what you need to tech a turn, its worth it to buy.