Verified:

Symac

Mar 1st 2014, 22:55:15

It has been too quiet. We finally have a real war going after years of fluff wars.
So who's it going to be? and why?

Please don't bring advantage bullfluff arguments here though, there is already threads for that.

In the beginning I thought SoF was already out of it, crushed in every single category but they brought it back. With the new formula changes I believe it is actually much harder to come back from the brink of no return, and yet SoF did. Now with much more equal footing I think it's almost 50/50 on who wins it. SoL still enjoys a kill lead but networth is almost equal at the end of each night. SoF is doing much more crippling which will pay dividends later, also they are grabbing more effectively and growing faster. Now that missiles are no longer a big factor in the equation I think SoF is at least equal to SoL in daily hits.

The only thing that could hurt SoF is the land and preparation. SoL has more land, and at least in theory more production potential. SoF I judge are many tiers above SoL in netting, so perhaps it won't play as big of a role. Missiles gave SoL a huge advantage in the beginning but SoF has focused more on crippling which assuming good targets were chosen will make them stronger later.

However, as seen in the LaF vs NeoRage war, crippling is effective but without focus on the targets that are beneficial it is almost pointless. So it takes a proper mix of crippling and killing. Another issue is for whatever reason SoF is only doing GS kills, likely because it is much cheaper for them. This is very inefficient turns wise and misses the opportunity of crippling the restart or if the killrun is aborted.

So I think SoF will win in the end, but... I wouldn't put money on it. This is of course assuming both sides maintain similar activity.

Syko_Killa Game profile

Mar 1st 2014, 23:08:12

NeoRage will win
Do as I say, not as I do.

iScode Game profile

Mar 1st 2014, 23:45:49

I am biased, so i will refrain from commenting and de-railing the thread.
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

Pride Game profile

Mar 2nd 2014, 0:15:19

Sol still has a small advantage so should win. I would not be at all surprised if Sof won though. They have been better than sol in most areas recently. So if Sol wants to continue half assing it and not stay committed to winning then they will lose.

aponic Game profile

Mar 2nd 2014, 0:42:08

It is a good war. :D
SOF
Cerevisi

Alin Game profile

Mar 2nd 2014, 1:08:24

war is tight ... you can`t wish more out of a EE war.

mdevol Game profile

Mar 2nd 2014, 1:42:50

It is a good war. Will come down to activity and production.

This war is making Pang and QZ hard, I promise you that.
Surely what a man does when he is caught off his guard is the best evidence as to what sort of man he is. - C.S. Lewis

DespicableMe Game profile

Mar 2nd 2014, 2:18:18

go SoF!

Servant Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 2nd 2014, 2:28:46

If, SOF wins, LAF's early war with Neo/Rage can be thanked, as the early war cut LAF"s tech production and has created a higher tech market for SOF"s techers....(which SOL historically doesn't have.)

If, SOL wins, this would be huge for SOL....

I'm not ready to call this one....yet.

The fact that's it is this close, show's far FAR SOL has come from a year ago. SOL still has work to do on country development, and on building countries and growing countries during war, but their size, hitting and killing speed are superb. THe question is have they narrowed the gap enough yet in country building?

Z is #1

iScode Game profile

Mar 2nd 2014, 3:00:20

Originally posted by Servant:
If, SOF wins, LAF's early war with Neo/Rage can be thanked, as the early war cut LAF"s tech production and has created a higher tech market for SOF"s techers....(which SOL historically doesn't have.)

If, SOL wins, this would be huge for SOL....

I'm not ready to call this one....yet.

The fact that's it is this close, show's far FAR SOL has come from a year ago. SOL still has work to do on country development, and on building countries and growing countries during war, but their size, hitting and killing speed are superb. THe question is have they narrowed the gap enough yet in country building?

LOL fluff your butthurt. Not only did SOL have as many techers, they had bigger production techers with there strat being at 9k to our 7k.

i would argue the rest of your post, but i said i wouldnt de-rail this thread, ill just ensure you are aware of the facts before making baseless comments which make you look retarded.

(FYI Rev X is doing well under my leadership.)
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

SolidSnake Game profile

Mar 2nd 2014, 3:16:33

*sighs* Scode sometimes you really should think about what you're writing before you post.

With the exception of scode, player for player sof are more skilled than sol, and that should win them the war from where they're at now. That said, sol should have won this war easily given the advantages they came into the war with.

Servant Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 2nd 2014, 3:40:31

Scode, you are correct on 1 thing. I didn't get to see the SOF and SOL countries like you did.

I am talking historically, and I am talking about the 10-15 core SOF'ers that can wall in 10-20 seconds flat everytime, that will have huge stockpiles due to high tech prices.

maybe SOL had techers (more so than it has historically..) but they would not be nearly as skilled as the SOF core.

I do stand by what I said.

A year ago, even 6 months ago...SOF was winning the war within 48 hrs of the FS, we're this far in, and its still too close to call, SOL is closing the gap, enough to win???, its too early to tell.
Z is #1

Atryn Game profile

Mar 2nd 2014, 4:53:54

Originally posted by Symac:
With the new formula changes I believe it is actually much harder to come back from the brink of no return

I actually feel exactly the opposite. With the new changes it is much easier to come back than it used to be. You restart with so much more now and can really come out doing major damage.

Activity is going to play a major factor... There are other strategies the sides could take to improve their chances, but I'm not sharing them here. ;)

Symac

Mar 2nd 2014, 5:18:47

Originally posted by Atryn:
Originally posted by Symac:
With the new formula changes I believe it is actually much harder to come back from the brink of no return

I actually feel exactly the opposite. With the new changes it is much easier to come back than it used to be. You restart with so much more now and can really come out doing major damage.

Activity is going to play a major factor... There are other strategies the sides could take to improve their chances, but I'm not sharing them here. ;)

The reason I think it harder to come back is because the other side gets that same bonus to their restarts.
So in the past some lemming kills and outperforming would eventually turn it to a cripple fight, while now their restarts would still be bigger than your restarts due to them growing while you have been on the losing side.

iScode Game profile

Mar 2nd 2014, 6:10:23

Originally posted by SolidSnake:
*sighs* Scode sometimes you really should think about what you're writing before you post.

With the exception of scode, player for player sof are more skilled than sol, and that should win them the war from where they're at now. That said, sol should have won this war easily given the advantages they came into the war with.

lol not only is my country in the top 5 for total hits, but 80% of those hits have been breaking hits, not to mention the hits i have missed out on from ops (all though not as many as others in sof). Sol attempted to kill me once, with a lemming BR just over 24 hours ago, 120 odd lemmings then they gave up, wasted roughly 4mill jets total and broke through on only 6 hits. Why the hell would they waste that much resource, when they could of gs broke me, if my country was fluff and I cant play?

But yes, my country is poos and i suck at this game...
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

locket Game profile

Mar 2nd 2014, 6:15:55

I think Sof will win personally. I place big value on top countries and they have more left than Sol. I also thought the war was over though and thought Sof was dead. Could be an interesting finish.

iScode Game profile

Mar 2nd 2014, 6:16:07

Originally posted by Servant:
Scode, you are correct on 1 thing. I didn't get to see the SOF and SOL countries like you did.

I am talking historically, and I am talking about the 10-15 core SOF'ers that can wall in 10-20 seconds flat everytime, that will have huge stockpiles due to high tech prices.

maybe SOL had techers (more so than it has historically..) but they would not be nearly as skilled as the SOF core.

I do stand by what I said.

A year ago, even 6 months ago...SOF was winning the war within 48 hrs of the FS, we're this far in, and its still too close to call, SOL is closing the gap, enough to win???, its too early to tell.

Soo you admit that sof is better at war than sol? I dont understand, in all the ranks you have done the last few sets, you have said sol is better than sof at war? Why you contridicting your self bro.

Yes btw, sol did have majority techers, so to say if we win this war its because of the laf war is absurd, thats all im saying, that premise you made is 100% incorrect, if we win this war its because of our skills and the fact we are a better war alliance, and same for SOL, if we lose ill be happy to say this at the end of the war (unless between then and now they get outside assistance, not saying they will, just saying if they do i would not say they were better.)
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

Symac

Mar 2nd 2014, 6:22:32

oh ffs scode!

Though I will say that the LaF war had a huge effect on all markets, it's contribution to the tech market is probably about equal to what it did to the military and food market. It may have changed the dynamic of the markets but it gave no advantage to any strat other than oil, and even then it is debatable because it was early so our oil demands weren't as much.

If anything the SoF/L war played a bigger role in our war because the oil price surge pretty much brought large scale breaking to a halt for both sides.

iScode Game profile

Mar 2nd 2014, 6:24:36

oh i dont doubt that symac, im just saying both sides profited from the tech market equally, not just one side.
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

Symac

Mar 2nd 2014, 6:36:40

Well my statement was more on the fact that even if LaF's war raised the tech prices, we raised all markets about equally.
So no strat got any real advantage. Regardless of who had more or better techers.

I will say also say on that front (with out seeing the spyops), sol did a superior job this set in at least getting fat. If SoF loses it will likely be because SoL had to have entered the war with more production. The land gap is large enough I would be hard pressed to believe that SoL's techers magically had less land than SoFs'.

In any light no matter what the outcome no one side had any advantage from the market.

Now Servant may have been driving at that SoF is probably without question better netters than SoL, but land is land and you cant skill production. So in this regard I feel SoF came into this war an underdog in the netting portion. I defiantly would give SoL that they were better prepared just looking at the missiles, and because SoF is doing only GS I would guess SoL are heavy on turrets.

iScode Game profile

Mar 2nd 2014, 6:46:49

SOL had/have some very strong countries. We noticed that there techers were at 9k rather than our 7k strat about a week before they fs'd (obviously I didnt, someone pointed it out :P)

I have no idea who are better netters than sol/sof, servant however was definitely being hypocritical compared to his alliance rankings.

Sorry, I know i de-railed the thread, i just cant help myself with pieces of fluff like servant :(
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

Makinso Game profile

Mar 2nd 2014, 9:41:05

hhmmm strange as our techers were running 7.2K - 7.4K Strats scode so the techers that were 9K were slackers not following orders haha.

Anyways it's a close war it can still go both ways. SoF has made an effective come back for sure and that's good to see. All in all this is one of the closest wars I've seen in a long time and we're enjoying every bit of it.

mrford Game profile

Mar 2nd 2014, 9:53:32

serious question

what are snails even tryin to do
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Flamey Game profile

Mar 2nd 2014, 10:11:31

I don't want to give away too much regarding strategy, but I'll mention a few points.

SoL did have some higher land techers, but these had had less time to stock and the lower land techers had stocked much less effectively than ours.

When the war started SoL got off a FS with full turns and 5-10 more active members than us. They were able to catch out a bunch of members with BRs in the first few days too. However, instead of folding, as many alliances do, we were able to fight back and SoL wasn't able to capitalise on their chance. the result of the war is now in the balance.

Regarding SoL's peformance I think its the same as its always been. SoL has always had a high output, especially at weekends, and have always had a core of heavy wallers. They still have their long term weaknesses though. What's changed is that SoF's no longer an 80+ member alliance after being crushed for two sets. We started the war with 50 active members and activity problems, but we've managed to turn the corner.

Chevs

Mar 2nd 2014, 15:23:19

if only i wasn't so inactive and would stop losing my super stocked country in the fs i would be having way more fun.

PS

Solidsnake spotting???
SOF Head Of Poop
2019-04-03 21:40:26 PS the stinky deyicks (#599) Beryl Houston (#360) LaF 30638A (43783A)
En4cer: Chevs... u would have beaten me by more than 100m

mider Game profile

Mar 2nd 2014, 17:07:59

die sol

Gongshow09 Game profile

Mar 3rd 2014, 0:08:37

stock pfft...I'm sad they killed me first in the fs and I lost all 30+ missiles...They were so young and didn't have a chance to grow up....why sol why? :(

Tokyousr Game profile

Mar 3rd 2014, 0:51:22

great war so far :)

lets just hope this doesnt turn out to be mass FA from outside alliances.

metalloid Game profile

Mar 3rd 2014, 1:48:26

hope its a one on one war..

aponic Game profile

Mar 3rd 2014, 2:04:08

Its been nice to see outside FA staying OUTSIDE of the war so far. It will be interesting to see how it finishes out and if either side gets aided.
SOF
Cerevisi

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Mar 3rd 2014, 3:00:44

Please continue to buy iMag's tech! We thank you all very much. It is helping our first ever net set. Gah that hurts to say! lol

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

downsay Game profile

Mar 3rd 2014, 11:46:44

the last 24 hours has been interesting to watch

The Cloaked Game profile

Mar 3rd 2014, 12:16:18

Neorage

SolidSnake Game profile

Mar 3rd 2014, 13:13:37

Originally posted by iScode:

But yes, my country is poos and i suck at this game...

I'm glad we agree on something.

Davedc23 Game profile

Mar 3rd 2014, 13:31:31

Been a fun war to watch. I think at this point it could go either way.

Kid Game profile

Mar 3rd 2014, 14:23:38

been busy crabbing while you guys like to hit me while im 2km in the sea! :/

Wu Game profile

Mar 3rd 2014, 14:26:03

pfft... SOL is ranked too high.

Boltar Game profile

Mar 3rd 2014, 16:12:27

Originally posted by Gongshow09:
stock pfft...I'm sad they killed me first in the fs and I lost all 30+ missiles...They were so young and didn't have a chance to grow up....why sol why? :(

i feel ur pain.. and i had 18 when i died in laf's instant CS, and i had 6 less days of prep

Makinso Game profile

Mar 3rd 2014, 17:00:55

past 36 - 48 hours have been in favor of SOL. Pulling ahead in NW kills and land. The fight isn't over yet though.

Much fun in this war.

Pride Game profile

Mar 3rd 2014, 18:15:26

"Much fun in this war" indeed Yoda. Lol.

DespicableMe Game profile

Mar 4th 2014, 13:21:25

What happened SoF? where is the fighting spirit?

GO GO GO!!

Boltar Game profile

Mar 4th 2014, 16:24:19

im saddened im not in this fight on either side

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Mar 4th 2014, 17:10:54

Looks good so far, I think?

I welcome thoughts, suggestions & reports, especially from war leaders, on how the state of war is now; this is a good test scenario :)

Finally did the signature thing.

Trife Game profile

Mar 4th 2014, 17:20:12

can restarts receive FA at turn 15, or sell goods at 15 yet?

Pride Game profile

Mar 4th 2014, 18:09:47

Originally posted by qzjul:

I welcome thoughts, suggestions & reports, especially from war leaders, on how the state of war is now; this is a good test scenario :)

Much better then last set. :)

Alin Game profile

Mar 4th 2014, 18:32:55

i think you hit the motherload with this formulas qz...

Makinso Game profile

Mar 4th 2014, 19:18:55

Qz once the war is over i'll have our core wcls and warstaff crack w/e feedback we have into 1 dished msg to ya :)

Atryn Game profile

Mar 4th 2014, 19:21:35

Originally posted by qzjul:

Breaking rule 1: I'm not in this war.

But it does seem that the FS is no longer an insurmountable advantage. I still think it gives an advantage (and it should) but activity seems to trump it now. I'd also be interested in SoF's perspective as the defender in this case.

RaTS FYA Game profile

Mar 4th 2014, 19:37:20

Activity has always trumped it. Wars are won by stonewalling end of discussion.
<~qzjul> it gives you a good introduction to orbital mechanics and a good appreciation for how central delta-V is and thrust to weight ratio
<RaTSFYA>The only thrust to weight ratio I'm worried about involves the women I pick up at bars

PG Game profile

Mar 5th 2014, 9:31:51

Ohh god damn im happy im not active atm.
RIVAL
MSN/E-mail:
EE inside message

http://i.imgur.com/BFg5Y.jpg