Elaborate?
Finally did the signature thing.

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Oct 3rd 2013, 21:04:03

Originally posted by SuperFly:
TSO would kill every team and ensure that they are the last team standing :P

I suppose there'd have to be some way to combat persistent super-alliances of teams... similar problem... would almost have to find a way to punish persistent inter-team help....

Maybe i'll implement formalized alliances/teams/whatever first, and then see what we can do....

braden Game profile

Oct 3rd 2013, 21:10:49

it entirely removes my ability to netgain :(

how do we ensure that teams don't coordinate? unless active deletion of inter tag cooperation, it doesn't work. and even then, six teams all aligned together simpy not attack each other. do the admins delete the six tags?

the idea was to remove the "i can bring my friends from alliance server and dominate you" threat.. the suggestion above doesn't remove that or even curb it in the least.

braden Game profile

Oct 3rd 2013, 21:11:40

i was reading/typing while you were posting, qz ;)

Marshal1

Oct 3rd 2013, 22:00:37

if team a hits team b with special attacks (maybe 20) at least by 2 countries then team c etc can't hit a and b and a and b can't hit team c etc but if no hits inside 24 hrs then both can be hit normally, doubt (many) teams (alliances) would want to sacrifice 2 countries from both teams to be able to net w/o fear to get attacked.
galleri: fluff off marshal

archaic: FFS when Marshal has stood out as maybe the brightest person on the whole thread . . . fluff me, I'm going to go smoke a joint and reevaluate some fluff

sinistril: Oh snap, Marshal destroyed galleri. Thought I'd

bstrong86 Game profile

Oct 3rd 2013, 22:06:22

Randomness and or an ability to declare before any turns r taken whether u r here to war or netgain.

Nerf the ability to kill or maim for netgainers and let the war countries go at it
The Death Knights

XI

Monex Game profile

Oct 4th 2013, 3:05:50

Team Fix- team wide GDI AKA United Nations / DOW it will serve as a way to support 5 man game play and nerf coordination between multiple tags.

The proposed rule set is as follows:

--Tag Admin has option to join United Nations must be done within the 1st 72 hours of set before any attacks are made.
---To join the UN you are required to have 3+ members in tag, Once UN is joined the tag is locked and no new members may join.

--Minimum time is the whole length of the set.

--Cost is 2$ per acre per country. (ex. 5 man tag with 100 acres each, protection would cost $1000 per turn)
---Add bonus that would reduce the cost by 10% per 8 bonus points spent, max 2 per country but cumulative for tag (i.e. A 5 man tag where each country spent max points in reduced UN cost would be able to achieve -100% UN cost as a whole but a 3 Man tag would max out at -60% UN cost)

--Members of tags in the UN will only be able to do standard strikes, planned strikes, spy, spy on alliances market spy and military spy to tags which have not done at least 5 tag wide attacks or 10 offensive spy ops towards them.

--Members of tags not in UN attacking Members of tags in the UN will only be able to do standard strikes, planned strikes, spy, spy on alliances market spy and military spy unless the tag in UN has made 5 or more tag wide attacks or 10 offensive spy ops towards them.

--Declaration of war new option available to the tag admin only after 5 or more tag wide attacks have been made against them.

--It will be available to either side of the conflict only if one side is a UN member.(i.e. UN vs UN available to either side, NonUN vs UN available to either side, NonUN vs NonUN not available)
--Only one tag involved in the conflict may use the declaration of war function.
--Once a declaration of war is made the 2 tags involved are protected from being attacked from the outside (similar to how humanitarians work now.)
--The side who declares war will receive +10% military strength +10% attack gains while the side being declared on receives -5% military strength and -5% attack gains.
This will serve 2 fold. It will deter tags from baiting because if they start the process, the tag they are trying to bait will have the option of DOW 1st assuming only 1:1 exchanges take place. (It will also add more risk if trying to enforce L:L for the same reason). It will also discourage mid to late set farming by tags due to giving who they are farming more of a fighting chance and ability to cause more damage.
--While in a state of war ghost acres are halved but normal land gains are doubled. (Removes the option to abuse DOW for the purpose of organized and 100% safe land trading)
--The tag admin of the winning side will have the option declare peace, but it will only be given after a tag kill is achieved.

It would be much like the GDI of express but be adapted for team gameplay. It will basically require tags to do 5 or more attacks before all-out war can start between them. Tags would need to opt into this protection, if opt in large groups will no longer be able to randomly kill tags that haven't attacked them enough to warrant it. It would not completely remove the ability to play in larger groups for those who desire because outside of the UN the server would not change.
[url=https://www.torn.com/1994581]Torn-City - Massively multiplayer online text based RPG[/url]

trainboy Game profile

Oct 4th 2013, 14:23:37

support un for netters the problem with "fixing team" is to make it a war server you would upset alot of the population

why not make it a 1 month server but otherwise everything else then the unique selling point is turns come quick and goods get to market quick

so back to alliance and council situation yes but least theres some variation and then to create the war server is a good idea in itself but potentially not to replace team,

also super teams are a problem in everygame, Ever had to try and fight off hundreds of score streaks in COD Blk ops 2 when you get pitched up agaisnt 6 prestige masters all in the same "clan" i played just to see how good they were (pretty incredible not going to lie)

but TSO arent all that special im sure there would be a better 5 if it become a war server as at the moment they are the best at what they do through lack of competetion is ETFT a netting super team??

Boltar Game profile

Oct 4th 2013, 16:12:18

hey be fair.. we destroyed our competition back in 2011! and ive beaten etft's in netting ;)

elvesrus

Oct 4th 2013, 17:31:42

some of us try to find better war competition...
Originally posted by crest23:
Elves is a douche on every server.

Marshal1

Oct 4th 2013, 19:22:59

other option is total random teams like in utopia had/has.

archaic: FFS when Marshal has stood out as maybe the brightest person on the whole thread . . . fluff me, I'm going to go smoke a joint and reevaluate some fluff

elvesrus

Oct 4th 2013, 20:15:45

put all statistics aside. how would you like to be on a team with 4 people you can't stand?

would we get a defect button like utopia?

Marshal1

Oct 4th 2013, 20:29:11

Originally posted by elvesrus:
put all statistics aside. how would you like to be on a team with 4 people you can't stand?

would we get a defect button like utopia?

yes there's a risk in random teams. defect button might be good to add but if 1 or 3 or 5 etc only use it then some1 might end up being w/o team.

afaik Game profile

Oct 5th 2013, 0:01:53

not sure about random teams myself either. too many fools to make that work, or like marshal says, everyone would just over-use the defect button.

monex's idea is the best so far, but i think the 5 hits limit should be within a timeframe rather than full set, otherwise normal grabs and retals would just create war (as is the case currently)

Boltar Game profile

Oct 5th 2013, 1:25:15

Originally posted by SuperFly:
TSO would kill every team and ensure that they are the last team standing :P

We did it once before. Others have been wanting me to try with my boys again and ive said no every time

archaic Game profile

Oct 5th 2013, 2:16:36

it sounds very time intensive, one of the things I like about team is that I can loaf here

I think that its either random team assignments or stay they course
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

trainboy Game profile

Oct 5th 2013, 8:28:38

i like Andrewmoses idea dont object to 10 players, agree with vilse i like playing in my team if not would i play maybe not,

and i play in a multiple team clan and we have only used our combined force agaisnt a similar size force

which means to me were not abusing, also what stops ourselfs renaming each tag of 5 from one parent and saying FDP!

Marshal1

Oct 5th 2013, 9:50:14

Originally posted by trainboy:

which means to me were not abusing, also what stops ourselfs renaming each tag of 5 from one parent and saying FDP!

nothing and that's 1 reason why making teams independent won't be easy.

5hade Game profile

Dec 12th 2013, 10:51:30

This is a very thorny problem, because this is the "in between" server.

One one hand we have the Alliance and FFA servers, which are all about politics and working together.

On the other hand are the "solo" servers, where nearly any coordination is against the rules.

The trick is to remove on-going politics from the Team server, to stop teams from working together as blocks, in order to differentiate it from Alliance.

One clear way to do this is to implement random Teams. The limit could even be reduced to 3-4 people, but if that was to happen then perhaps resets should be every 2 weeks instead of monthly?

Personally, I reckon that if you want to play with your friends, do it on the Alliance or FFA servers. Monsters had 5 people last set and Sodawater won Alliance. Clans are so small now that you only need a couple of people to provide tag protection.

If you want to be in a 5-man team with your friends, and war other 5-man teams, then organize for it to happen in Alliance! if you want to join together with a few other 5-man teams, and war, then can I suggest Alliance!

TL&DR:
The only way to go is a Team server with random teams, perhaps with slightly faster turn rate and slightly shorter resets. Otherwise this is just Alliance B.

elvesrus

Dec 12th 2013, 11:53:08

You must have missed the set I randomly joined WB and hit them ;)

Marshal Game profile

Dec 14th 2013, 23:01:22

Originally posted by elvesrus:
You must have missed the set I randomly joined WB and hit them ;)

i'm sure they appreciated it. :P

and like shade said preventing teams co-ordinating is impossible w/o random teams.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

archaic Game profile

Jan 14th 2014, 23:28:02

I think I like the idea of random team assignments more and more.
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

SuperFly Game profile

Jan 16th 2014, 16:19:25

so whats going on with improving this server?

Can mods just enforce the no random gang bang killing by TSO with deletions or what?

I'd rather come and play a normal reset for a change instead of the same useless crap for a 6th straight round..

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jan 16th 2014, 19:43:15

Well, this is still going on in the back of my brain; Unfortunately, this whole bad-RAM saga of the server has been causing me to use/lose a lot of time....

afaik Game profile

Jan 17th 2014, 8:47:48

could we implement a single-tag equivalent of the primary GDI, i.e. no country in tag A can use special attack/harmful ops against any country in tag B, unless a country in tag B has hit one country in tag A at least 2 times in a set?

that would facilitate war as soon as someone ROR's or multi taps a country, otherwise confining things to grabs and retals, also facilitating netting.

no i haven't thought it through, but the promised changes have been a long time so the discussion needs reviving either way.

this would also remove the 1 hit: kill policies which have emerged due to large alliances coming over from 1a and not being willing to accept the established server protocol.

bertz Game profile

Jan 17th 2014, 9:27:24

Originally posted by afaik:
could we implement a single-tag equivalent of the primary GDI, i.e. no country in tag A can use special attack/harmful ops against any country in tag B, unless a country in tag B has hit one country in tag A at least 2 times in a set?

that would facilitate war as soon as someone ROR's or multi taps a country, otherwise confining things to grabs and retals, also facilitating netting.

no i haven't thought it through, but the promised changes have been a long time so the discussion needs reviving either way.

this would also remove the 1 hit: kill policies which have emerged due to large alliances coming over from 1a and not being willing to accept the established server protocol.

Please post this in B and S

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jan 18th 2014, 2:03:03

Originally posted by afaik:

An interesting idea anyway :) I'll think on this a bit more too

Forgotten

Feb 15th 2014, 4:01:50

Just do it and see how it goes, it's not like Team Server can get any worst.

~LaF's Retired Janitor~

afaik Game profile

Feb 28th 2014, 9:06:12

haha ^^ good point sir.

Xninja Game profile

Feb 28th 2014, 17:42:34

If you really want 5 man tags vs 5 man tags you would need to set something up like the in tag country alliances. A way to click a clan into war relations in game that makes it so other clans can not do it.

Example,

In the clan page have a check list by all the clans, click the war check box to engage the war, if 1 clan is engage in war other clans don't have the option to click the click box. The only way to do GS,BR,AB or Missile attacks requires you to have the check mark checked.

I am aware this would probably take work, probably more work than what people want to do. However this is a way you can fix the Team server 5 man tags separate.
Overlord of Chaos
http://lords.ghqnet.com<--CLICK ME; JOIN CHAOS
Aim:baerninja
MSN/Email:

ingle Game profile

Feb 28th 2014, 23:06:31

This can be easily abused too. 2 netting tags just "war" each other and don't do any hits, making them safe from all real warring tags. :P

Marshal Game profile

Mar 1st 2014, 12:21:55

if netting tags do that then i'm sure mods/admins will punish them some way.

Wizard Game profile

Mar 10th 2014, 15:42:40

qz and or pang.

When is someone going to fix Boxcar. For the last 3 sets and maybe longer Boxcar hasn't worked. Right now it's a piece of garbage. Nothing works on it at all. It's not showing alliances, nor individual teams and members. It's just not functional. I was told pang is responsible for Boxcar but qz knows how to fix it. Would someone please, please take some time and fix it.

Marshal Game profile

Mar 10th 2014, 20:53:43

Originally posted by Wizard:
qz and or pang.

When is someone going to fix Boxcar.

never. it got small fix today.

Wizard Game profile

Mar 11th 2014, 21:54:22

I haven't seen any fix of Boxcar. qz or pang Would one of you please address this problem?

Marshal Game profile

Mar 11th 2014, 22:31:00

boxcar isn't supported anymore. it just exists atm.

okam Game profile

Apr 21st 2014, 5:15:39

hmm

now im nothing Game profile

Aug 28th 2014, 14:11:51

I'm your passenger
less defined as days go by. Fading away well you might say I am losing the focus. Kinda drifting into the abstract in terms of how I see myself

thoma51987 Game profile

Apr 27th 2015, 5:27:13

cool