Verified:

General Earl Game profile

Feb 28th 2014, 3:33:39

I am calling for the resignation of Red_X as moderator/dictator of the Team Server. This is not a discussion thread, please read http://earthempires.com/...ead%29-30216?t=1393557791 and respond here...

I would like anyone who agrees Red's resignation to respond with 'SIGNED' as the message body. If you agree with these changes he wants to implement, simply say nothing and move along please. Do not take away the fun of this server!
General Earl
----
Every time I read AT: http://i.imgur.com/jeryjn8.gif
︻╦╤─✮ ┄ ┄ RatttaTaatataatat!

Feb 28th 2014, 3:35:44

SIGNED
General Earl
----

iScode Game profile

Feb 28th 2014, 3:38:39

its not just red x.

However unless they implement this rule on alliance server i will then ask for both him and the other mod who thought of this (im gonna guess warster but i could be wrong) then they should :P
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

SuperFly Game profile

Feb 28th 2014, 3:53:32

Good, screw iScode and TSO. Delete all those jerk bags so that ETFT can come back to netgain.

Vamps Game profile

Feb 28th 2014, 3:59:29

So that ETFT can run people off the server by farming them? Ironic how no one does anything to touch this server until the netters whine.

Looks like I need to learn how to start suiciding on people.

sirdog Game profile

Feb 28th 2014, 4:33:46

Bow Wow Nice No more gang bangers

grimjoww Game profile

Feb 28th 2014, 5:16:35

SIGNED

iScode Game profile

Feb 28th 2014, 6:18:26

Originally posted by SuperFly:
Good, screw iScode and TSO. Delete all those jerk bags so that ETFT can come back to netgain.

i would still ruin your finishers, i would join another netting tag and do it from there :P
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

afaik Game profile

Feb 28th 2014, 8:53:15

Originally posted by Vamps:
So that ETFT can run people off the server by farming them?

vamps, if you choose to run untagged in a team server then you know to expect farming. it's a team game - if you can't defend your land and have no allies then you either have to provide a deterrent or accept you'll be grabbed.

this looks like a watered down and admin-heavy solution that probably won't make much difference, but good to see something is being tried at least - if it doesn't work they can try something else - it's good to see the effort.

afaik Game profile

Feb 28th 2014, 8:53:46

Originally posted by iScode:

i would still ruin your finishers, i would join another netting tag and do it from there :P

netting tags have no need for finishers iscode!

iZarcon Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Feb 28th 2014, 9:09:53

There are so many in this war 'team' why can they not war themselves? Maybe not all the time. But war is good for any server. We don't want a game where player interaction is diminished to the point of it being silitaire.

We'll quickly see how effective, or not, thus stance is and go from there.

Halting change simply because it does not fit your current agenda is a bit selfish.

Anyway, hope you guys (and gals) enjoy this round if mayhem. I'd prefer if while waiting for next round if we keep our criticism to constructive to better enable it to be a good change.
-iZarcon
EE Developer

http://www.letskillstuff.org

trainboy Game profile

Feb 28th 2014, 12:34:01

I support this motion for is code to stop whining feel this Is a positive change

tellarion Game profile

Feb 28th 2014, 12:36:29

Calling for the resignation of a mod because you don't like their changes? Grow up ffs...

As I understand it, this rule change is more in line with the original vision of the server, which has been completely ignored for ages. It was never meant to be another alliance server and you all know it..

blid

EE Patron

Feb 28th 2014, 13:02:28

I think the change is cool obviously... Will be interesting to see how it turns out
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

Marshal Game profile

Feb 28th 2014, 13:13:03

what's the fun when 2-4 "teams" gangbang 1? or 10 teams control whole server due they have over half of server's players?
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

elvesrus

Feb 28th 2014, 14:16:35

Originally posted by Marshal:
what's the fun when 2-4 "teams" gangbang 1? or 10 teams control whole server due they have over half of server's players?

second part doesn't really change if planned right...
Originally posted by crest23:
Elves is a douche on every server.

ingle Game profile

Feb 28th 2014, 15:28:16

Originally posted by elvesrus:

second part doesn't really change if planned right...

It does. If the mods think half the tags are colluding together, then they'll all be deleted. :P

elvesrus

Feb 28th 2014, 15:36:01

1 tag vs 1 tag is 1 tag vs 1 tag

Marshal Game profile

Feb 28th 2014, 16:24:45

in current situation (team-server has ~16 tags with at least 2 players) with upcoming rules "alliance" with 7-9 tags could fs rest of tags to 1 vs 1 wars and would prolly win but at least wars would be 1 vs 1 not x vs 1.

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Feb 28th 2014, 16:45:33

if you want another "alliance" server we can entertain that option but that isn't the point of this server.
Granted there's nothing stopping 1/2 the teams on the server to agree not to hit each other and fight the rest of the server one on one but imo that's not an issue. The issue is fighting many vs one (or many vs many). If you like that type of thing it can be done easily on FFA and alliance servers.
Simply having one dominant force on a server steam rolling everyone else isn't conducive to anything. Making petitions attacking the moderators because you disagree with something is non-productive. You better believe this was discussed amongst everyone and not just decided unilaterally. It would be different if a moderator abused his/her power, however this is not the way to address that issue either.
you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

ingle Game profile

Feb 28th 2014, 16:53:48

1 tag vs 1 tag is 1 tag vs 1 tag

That's true, you could have 8 tags vs 8 tags all doing 1 vs 1. But if 1 tag has weaker members (or slackers), they won't be able to win.

There are really only going to be 2-3 "active" tags that can probably actually war successfully. Most other players in other tags are sporadic and come in and out every couple days. With a large "alliance" type setting, it's much easier to kill when you have 1-2 of the 5 members from 5 different teams showing up (5-10 players are enough to kill). Now you will need to make sure you get 5/5 from 1 team to show up to do a kill.

Xninja Game profile

Feb 28th 2014, 17:50:35

I am for 5 man tags acting as 5 man tags. I disagree with the way to enforce it though.
Overlord of Chaos
http://lords.ghqnet.com<--CLICK ME; JOIN CHAOS
Aim:baerninja
MSN/Email:

SuperFly Game profile

Feb 28th 2014, 17:55:37

delete them all! and I will farm the restarts!

I stand by the mods. detah to TSO!

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Feb 28th 2014, 18:24:11

Originally posted by Xninja:
I am for 5 man tags acting as 5 man tags. I disagree with the way to enforce it though.

Then what do you suggest we are willing to consider alternatives other than the server enforces itself:P.

Eventually we hope to change the game mechanics so this won't be necessary but..
you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

Xninja Game profile

Feb 28th 2014, 20:16:02

Originally posted by martian:
Originally posted by Xninja:

Then what do you suggest we are willing to consider alternatives other than the server enforces itself:P.

Eventually we hope to change the game mechanics so this won't be necessary but..

I guess that is a valid point. That leaves me asking the question what is the real intention behind restricting clan membership? What is the real view of what Team server should be? I don't really see what its real potential is.
Overlord of Chaos
http://lords.ghqnet.com<--CLICK ME; JOIN CHAOS
Aim:baerninja
MSN/Email:

Marshal Game profile

Feb 28th 2014, 20:19:10

players tried to enforce team to be team-server not alliance 2 and they succeed but it didn't last long.

iScode Game profile

Feb 28th 2014, 20:43:34

if you dont want tags to work together then you need to enforce this same rule on all servers.

The other option is to have intertag declare war option and inter tag allies so at the start of the set if you want more than one tag you have to be allied together but that alliance as a whole can only be declared on one other group at a time.

Otherwise, what are you going to do when one tag farms say two or three other tags, not related to each other and they all retaliate, they are going to get deleted. Thats bullfluff, one tag could purposly piss off others just to watch them get deleted on purpose.

All you are doing is rewarding the scum of this game who farm farm farm and force new players away...
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

iScode Game profile

Feb 28th 2014, 20:49:25

Also you are leaving this completely up to mod discretion

And just look at tella, he is biased as they come, i know he doesnt mod this forum, but him deleting my threads on at because it involved his ally was obvious of that.

Nothing should be left down to mod discretion, it should be black and white, this is where you are going wrong.

Warster for example, dont know him personally, but its possibly he could delete me for what he believes is past grievances on alliance server, (not saying he would, i dont know his character, just using this as an example of two people who have issues which could effect there decision on this server).

And before you say it wont happen, thats what they said on the EC server back in the day and i got deleted when i did nothing wrong simply cause TIE and co couldnt kill me, so you are wrong, it can and will happen.
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

iZarcon Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Feb 28th 2014, 21:33:35

Not all clan servers will be enforced in the same way.
-iZarcon
EE Developer

http://www.letskillstuff.org

iScode Game profile

Feb 28th 2014, 22:25:11

hypocricy!!!

and stop just responding to one part of my post!!! :P (you know me to well though I fear and knew thats what iw anted :()
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

Scorba Game profile

Feb 28th 2014, 23:42:52

players tried to enforce team to be team-server not alliance 2 and they succeed but it didn't last long.

No, this never actually happened.

Marshal Game profile

Mar 1st 2014, 12:19:43

Originally posted by Scorba:

No, this never actually happened.

orly? then why pro-team and pro-alliance2 warred against others in 1st set tags were splitted to 5 players teams?

archaic Game profile

Mar 2nd 2014, 2:52:29

Piss on it. Boltar, scode, and elves have run so many players off of the server that trying to legislate it now is like polishing the brass while the titanic was sinking.

Where the hell were the mods the last 4 years on this embarrassment of a server?
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

elvesrus

Mar 2nd 2014, 3:10:01

TSO wise I honestly haven't done anything but run a country since I thought I killed it about a year ago, and before that was mostly just a forum figurehead or trying to find people that wanted to try being the first to take out BknArrow.

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Mar 2nd 2014, 4:28:03

Also you are leaving this completely up to mod discretion

And just look at tella, he is biased as they come, i know he doesnt mod this forum, but him deleting my threads on at because it involved his ally was obvious of that.

Nothing should be left down to mod discretion, it should be black and white, this is where you are going wrong.

Warster for example, dont know him personally, but its possibly he could delete me for what he believes is past grievances on alliance server, (not saying he would, i dont know his character, just using this as an example of two people who have issues which could effect there decision on this server).

And before you say it wont happen, thats what they said on the EC server back in the day and i got deleted when i did nothing wrong simply cause TIE and co couldnt kill me, so you are wrong, it can and will happen.

Actually any game mod can moderate any of the server forums. You know this. If martian and the admin team and the other mods that have been mods for a bit didn't think that tella, or red x would do good jobs and remain biased then they wouldn't have been made game mods.
I also think you missed a key point of something martian said .... he said it was discussed between us all.... "all" means the admin team, and all the game mods on a board we all have access to. So it is not just up to "mod discretion" martian, qzjul, and zarcon will watching things too.
Team Server needs to be dealt with. I think everyone had their fair and fun ...running amok on the server the last few years. But the current way it is going is not how it was intended.

GE: You probably should apologize to Red X for making such a post, when in fact it is all of the game admins and mods that have discussed it. Red X's post was approved by all of us.

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

Boltar Game profile

Mar 2nd 2014, 4:59:36

archaic i wasnt playing this game 4 yrs ago. my first round was oct 2011

elvesrus

Mar 2nd 2014, 5:05:08

there has almost always been one group or another on top of this server going back to RD, so it really has been 4 years

iScode Game profile

Mar 2nd 2014, 6:36:17

Originally posted by archaic:
Piss on it. Boltar, scode, and elves have run so many players off of the server that trying to legislate it now is like polishing the brass while the titanic was sinking.

Where the hell were the mods the last 4 years on this embarrassment of a server?

lol i have never been a leader on Team, i just do what im told :)
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

Marshal Game profile

Mar 2nd 2014, 10:08:32

team server has been up 5 years although in beginning (1st set) it was alliance and current alliance was earth council and on next set teams got introduced and on 3rd set there was war against teams and alliances and since then server has spiralled downwards (for example RD-era when they had at least 6 teams and capability to kill any opponent).

elvesrus

Mar 2nd 2014, 10:36:00

"Details of the forty-ninth round of Team"
"Details of the twenty-sixth round of Alliance"

Marshal Game profile

Mar 2nd 2014, 12:48:07

and so? all alliance (incl. team) servers are fluffed up 1 way or other.

elvesrus

Mar 2nd 2014, 12:51:14

ee hasn't been around 5 years...

Mar 2nd 2014, 14:01:49

lmao
General Earl
----

Red X Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express & Team

Mar 2nd 2014, 14:08:33

/me hugs earl. You are still one of my favorite people to spam with.
My attitude is that of a Hulk smash
Mixed with Tony Montana snortin' bags of his coke stash
http://nbkffa.ghqnet.com

Marshal Game profile

Mar 2nd 2014, 15:14:41

ee hasn't been around 5 years...

blame eestats saying 1st was set in 2009.

elvesrus

Mar 2nd 2014, 15:46:46

first set was First round: Dec 09, 2009 - Jan 31, 2010 which eestats basically would have told you if you looked at the date instead of just the year

Marshal Game profile

Mar 2nd 2014, 15:50:31

still it feels like 5 years.

iScode Game profile

Mar 2nd 2014, 18:50:28

your like KC, cant admit when your wrong...
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

Marshal Game profile

Mar 2nd 2014, 20:13:38

I was wrong saying that Team/etc-server is 5 years old. EE itself can be 5 years old (depending when Pang, Qz, et co started coding game).

archaic Game profile

Mar 3rd 2014, 0:31:21

TSO wise I honestly haven't done anything but run a country since I thought I killed it about a year ago, and before that was mostly just a forum figurehead or trying to find people that wanted to try being the first to take out BknArrow.

lol i have never been a leader on Team, i just do what im told :)

Originally posted by Boltar:
archaic i wasnt playing this game 4 yrs ago. my first round was oct 2011

I noticed when I was trying to broker a peace deal before this set that TSO magically does not seem to have any leaders. Ironic that you guys run such good kill runs set after set completely by chance, eh?
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov