Verified:

HavocMD

Feb 11th 2014, 4:28:35

I seemed that a year ago there were only a small handful of viable alliances. Now there appears to be a great distribution of of members and alliances. It's great to see alliances like RAGE, iMag back. PDM running strong again. DANGER is not only more fun than a barrel full of hand-grenade wielding monkeys and seem to add a member every set. Hell, for whatever it's worth, Pinoy and Gambino are out there doing whatever it is that they're doing.

How the hell has this server gotten healthy all of a sudden given it's trajectory? That or have I smoked too much crack today and I'm way off base?

But anyways, my applause to all of you. My friends, enemies, and those I have yet to sort out. We just might be able to get another couple years out of this game after all!

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Feb 11th 2014, 4:32:16

Originally posted by HavocMD:
I seemed that a year ago there were only a small handful of viable alliances. Now there appears to be a great distribution of of members and alliances. It's great to see alliances like RAGE, iMag back. PDM running strong again. DANGER is not only more fun than a barrel full of hand-grenade wielding monkeys and seem to add a member every set. Hell, for whatever it's worth, Pinoy and Gambino are out there doing whatever it is that they're doing.

How the hell has this server gotten healthy all of a sudden given it's trajectory? That or have I smoked too much crack today and I'm way off base?

But anyways, my applause to all of you. My friends, enemies, and those I have yet to sort out. We just might be able to get another couple years out of this game after all!

+1

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

Catchy Game profile

Feb 11th 2014, 5:10:47

I was just thinking that yesterday. Really nice to see. Now if we can just get the total number of players up it will be just like new ;)

albob Game profile

Feb 11th 2014, 5:11:01

+ 1

--

AL

" You can never have too much cheese... unless your... "

locket Game profile

Feb 11th 2014, 6:04:22

The top guys have shrunk a bit I think? RD disappeared which brought back Neo and then some of the other guys went elsewhere. Evo had some people splinter off.

Yippie Game profile

Feb 11th 2014, 7:22:54

Originally posted by HavocMD:

The removal of RD

tellarion Game profile

Feb 11th 2014, 7:35:28

Well, rd being deleted and disbanding did leave 40-50 players without a home. Most of those are in neofed. You'll also notice that md, sof and laf aren't as big as a year ago.

Honestly speaking, the dissolution of the laf/sof/rd/rival bloc and the lack of server wide wars lately has probably had the biggest effect on the health of smaller tags.

Duna Game profile

Feb 11th 2014, 8:33:01

Actually, the total numbers of tagged countries is 522, wich is still low compared to resets 2 years ago.
Calling 7 countries iMag "back" is kinda overstatement.
Also Monsters&ICN is kinda disappered. DK/EVO/LCN lost about half of their size. RD lost 20 countries when moved to Neofed.
LaF/SoF/MD/SoL also on low numbers for them.
All this people is now in Rage, TPA, Omega and Paradigm.
So, nothing changed. Dont be so happy. This game will never change with admins doing some random formulas changes and not doing important things.

tulosba Game profile

Feb 11th 2014, 9:21:37

No there has been churn. The distribution is just more spread out now.

Duna - the amount of folk we have gotten from those down on numbers is marginal. Most are old players coming back. But you could be right for the others - and you're right on the Total number of tagged countries being down, this is true.

Tella - if the dissolution was the thing then surely those who were hurt by the block would be up in numbers? That's not happening. Maybe the bloc has dissolved but that war does not seem to be over yet.
But what is happening is the shift away from the blocwar, there are those war alliances who are still in it but then there is an increasing amount who is out of it. LaF, Evo, PDM as examples.

tellarion Game profile

Feb 11th 2014, 11:08:01

If you compare to a year ago, yes. If you compare to about 4 sets ago, when the bloc starting to dissolve, the numbers are MUCH better. Evo was down to 17 or so after warring laf. Now were around 25, after losing 5 last set to tpa. Tpa is a brand new alliance with 28 people. Pdm has increased from low 20s to 40+. Lcn has made a huuuuge increase from less than 10 to 25+. Tie has gone up and down but is steadily increasing from less than 20 after tievo.

So yeah, except for monsters and icn, most of the mid and small sized alliances have been doing well recently...

Duna Game profile

Feb 11th 2014, 11:28:14

Well tellarion, its bad idea to compare summer reset with others. Summer is vacation period so summer numbers are lower in most cases. You better to compare same season resets.
And well:
http://www.earthempires.com/...nce/22/clans?ranktype=tot - 499 tagged (tags with more than 5 countreis)
http://www.earthempires.com/...nce/25/clans?ranktype=tot - 502 tagged (tags with more than 5 countreis and i rly doubt xHGWTx & Gambino are serious tags)

So, numbers is kinda same.

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator

Feb 11th 2014, 11:45:36

we are slowly recovering, but only accept former members and close friends to the monster tag, so its very slow going
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator

Feb 11th 2014, 11:53:49

Duna..don't hate on imag. :p We do have more than what we had at our last ending set.

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

albob Game profile

Feb 11th 2014, 12:49:33

Duna if you were really concerned about growth in this game you'd take your negativity elsewhere… The Gambino Family has more cheese, pizza, pasta and gnocchi than you'd know what to do with… :)

--

AL

" You can never have too much cheese... unless your... "

Riddler Game profile

Feb 11th 2014, 13:57:35

most of Rage's numbers have been old school players we got to come back, yes a few of us were in MD a few sets ago, but I think that was 7 or 8 of us then we started going old school recruiting bringing back members that haven't played in years. But I do love to see the distribution of players a little more evenly spread out. Makes for some fun sets.

tellarion Game profile

Feb 11th 2014, 17:29:10

Originally posted by Duna:
Well tellarion, its bad idea to compare summer reset with others. Summer is vacation period so summer numbers are lower in most cases. You better to compare same season resets.
And well:
http://www.earthempires.com/...nce/22/clans?ranktype=tot - 499 tagged (tags with more than 5 countreis)
http://www.earthempires.com/...nce/25/clans?ranktype=tot - 502 tagged (tags with more than 5 countreis and i rly doubt xHGWTx & Gambino are serious tags)

So, numbers is kinda same.

As I stated in my first post, the numbers reflect changes in the politics of the server over the past 6-8 months. You had a few incredibly strong alliances and a lot of other alliances being ground down set after set. That entire dynamic has changed, no one alliance towers above the rest, and a lot of the previously smaller alliances are growing again. I think it's a good change.

blid

EE Patron

Feb 11th 2014, 17:35:20

Originally posted by tellarion:
Evo was down to 17 or so after warring laf. Now were around 25, after losing 5 last set to tpa. Tpa is a brand new alliance with 28 people.
What is the story behind this Tpa
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

RaTS FYA Game profile

Feb 11th 2014, 18:50:51

That is the complete roster of sky elites from like 2004 era, just without their multis
<~qzjul> it gives you a good introduction to orbital mechanics and a good appreciation for how central delta-V is and thrust to weight ratio
<RaTSFYA>The only thrust to weight ratio I'm worried about involves the women I pick up at bars

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Feb 11th 2014, 19:10:34

the same numbers with more tags is better than a trend towards fewer tags with the same numbers in a way.
you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

Chadius Game profile

Feb 12th 2014, 2:02:59

Sky Deletez? :P

I kid, I kid. Is Vince there this set or back with Evo?
LAF

bertz Game profile

Feb 12th 2014, 2:38:07

Originally posted by blid:
What is the story behind this Tpa

Just a bunch of noobs trying to net. lol
It's an old clan in 2000+.
We managed to pull players not playing for 8-10 years.
I have no knowledge of the TPA members in Sky Elites.

Syko_Killa Game profile

Feb 12th 2014, 4:10:19

Originally posted by Catchy:
I was just thinking that yesterday. Really nice to see. Now if we can just get the total number of players up it will be just like new ;)

If only pang would allow me to create about 30 countries.
Do as I say, not as I do.

Duna Game profile

Feb 12th 2014, 6:51:10

whats good with more 20 countries tags?

locket Game profile

Feb 12th 2014, 7:14:48

Diversity. Would you rather have 2 clans of 300 or 10 of 60?

SolidSnake Game profile

Feb 12th 2014, 8:15:48

Originally posted by locket:

Well if I was warring 2 of 300, netgaining 10 of 60 ;)

locket Game profile

Feb 12th 2014, 8:30:50

True, although the 300 v 300 might get boring after a bit :P It would be awesome for awhile. Would be fun to have something like that in EE... giant war server setup for like 2 weeks...

SolidSnake Game profile

Feb 12th 2014, 8:35:32

True, although the 300 v 300 might get boring after a bit :P It would be awesome for awhile. Would be fun to have something like that in EE... giant war server setup for like 2 weeks...

It would only get boring because one side would have me, and the other side would not have me, and thus the war would be a forgone conclusion, everyone just simply waiting on me to have turns to break the next top ranker on the oppositions side. That's why you think it would get boring right?

grimjoww Game profile

Feb 12th 2014, 10:43:43

Originally posted by Chadius:
Sky Deletez? :P

I kid, I kid. Is Vince there this set or back with Evo?

im still in TPA running a lazy ass farmer this set =)

Atryn Game profile

Feb 12th 2014, 23:15:35

Originally posted by Riddler:
a few of us were in MD a few sets ago, but I think that was 7 or 8 of us

And we miss you!

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 13th 2014, 1:03:38

Originally posted by SolidSnake:
It would only get boring because one side would have me, and the other side would not have me, and thus the war would be a forgone conclusion

THE GREAT AMERICAN HERO!

locket Game profile

Feb 13th 2014, 1:13:20

It would only get boring because one side would have me, and the other side would not have me, and thus the war would be a forgone conclusion, everyone just simply waiting on me to have turns to break the next top ranker on the oppositions side. That's why you think it would get boring right?

lol of course. Better make sure the other side doesnt have Braden though.. he styles himself a war MVP.

Duna Game profile

Feb 13th 2014, 7:03:54

So its better to have 500 tags with 1 country in each?
And yes, i rather have 10 tags of 50 countries.

SolidSnake Game profile

Feb 13th 2014, 7:57:39

lol of course. Better make sure the other side doesnt have Braden though.. he styles himself a war MVP.

Pfffttt Braden. HA. I laugh at Braden.

I actually quite like braden, but for the sake of this thread, HA. I laugh again at Braden.

Souly Game profile

Feb 13th 2014, 11:08:14

bonus

Servant Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 14th 2014, 5:50:33

Most of LCN's drop in numbers us about the size of EEvil, which is now in MD...

Z is #1

tellarion Game profile

Feb 14th 2014, 15:36:31

So yeah, I think it's nice right now. Decent equilibrium. Even Monsters and Icn are up a bit compared to last set.

bstrong86 Game profile

Feb 14th 2014, 17:00:24

The game isnt advertised, its either you know about it, you randomly stumble upon it or you will never know about it...thats how we grow the game
The Death Knights

XI

bstrong86 Game profile

Feb 14th 2014, 17:02:22

Also, just making an app link for android, google, apple or face book would increase the numbers. The app doesn't have to do anything but be a middle man for the user and the site
The Death Knights

XI

Trife Game profile

Feb 14th 2014, 17:02:31

Actually, the total numbers of tagged countries is 522, wich is still low compared to resets 2 years ago.
Calling 7 countries iMag "back" is kinda overstatement.
Also Monsters&ICN is kinda disappered. DK/EVO/LCN lost about half of their size. RD lost 20 countries when moved to Neofed.
LaF/SoF/MD/SoL also on low numbers for them.
All this people is now in Rage, TPA, Omega and Paradigm.
So, nothing changed. Dont be so happy. This game will never change with admins doing some random formulas changes and not doing important things.

the amount of butthurt in dunas' posts are always over 9000!!!!

efirT

Feb 14th 2014, 20:19:09

The amount of 9000's in Trife's post is exactly equal to 1!!!!

skitch Game profile

Feb 14th 2014, 20:56:20

it's martian's fault

archaic Game profile

Feb 14th 2014, 21:05:13

1A is down over 200 countries in the last year, at the current trajectory the first sub 500 player set on alliance will happen this summer. What game are you guys playing? What I see is that Laf and Sof finally got bored of playing with their food and have started wandering off.

But yeah, ok - YAY us! Woot! Parity via attrition FTW!!!!!
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

THUNDERHORSE

Feb 14th 2014, 21:12:19

RIDE THE THUNDERHORSE!

Bombay Game profile

Feb 14th 2014, 21:36:47

Small hands!

XiQter

Feb 14th 2014, 23:44:56

The reason all the big tags are down is because they dont have to inflate their numbers for stupid server wars, every set alliances are forced to recruit old players that come back to defend the tag, then get bored and doesnt restart when they realise it actually takes time to commit to war. Not having server wars allows these players to rest out, come back, and actually have fun netting and chat with old friends, who knows maybe they stay for one or two sets.

locket Game profile

Feb 15th 2014, 1:35:13

Originally posted by bstrong86:
Also, just making an app link for android, google, apple or face book would increase the numbers. The app doesn't have to do anything but be a middle man for the user and the site

Yah I wish there was even a minimal advertising campaign going on..

Dukey Game profile

Feb 15th 2014, 2:02:45

bonus

Duna Game profile

Feb 15th 2014, 7:32:30

Originally posted by Trife:

Where do you see butthurt? I just point on facts, since when its called butthurt?
I understand why MD happy. But i dont see any reason to be globally happy. Game is dying and admins dont even want to do something with it. They happy with useless formulas changes every reset.

tellarion Game profile

Feb 15th 2014, 14:35:18

Originally posted by Trife:

Where do you see butthurt? I just point on facts, since when its called butthurt?
I understand why MD happy. But i dont see any reason to be globally happy. Game is dying and admins dont even want to do something with it. They happy with useless formulas changes every reset.

Your last two sentences qualify as butthurt.

Duna Game profile

Feb 16th 2014, 7:27:34

Are you telling me Trife can see future?