Verified:

texhomastud Game profile

Feb 7th 2014, 15:43:27

AB all 16 of my countries(UofT), then delete all of yours...

Been back playin a week and already remember why I quit in the first place...

Donny Game profile

Feb 7th 2014, 15:45:53

lol?
ICQ-105967052

Dear Asians who say they're not ninjas just because they're Asian,
That's exactly what a ninja would say.

Rosco Game profile

Feb 7th 2014, 15:56:03

I asked QZ to fix that last set. Guess he didn't.
FFA- Ares VP
Alliance- SOF
Team- MKR

RaTS FYA Game profile

Feb 7th 2014, 16:11:17

that is pretty lame for someone to just AB a string of countries for no reason.
<~qzjul> it gives you a good introduction to orbital mechanics and a good appreciation for how central delta-V is and thrust to weight ratio
<RaTSFYA>The only thrust to weight ratio I'm worried about involves the women I pick up at bars

mrford Game profile

Feb 7th 2014, 17:43:25

damn, it sucks when you get suicided doesnt it tex? i call it justice.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

UncleFiat Game profile

Feb 7th 2014, 17:45:03

Looks like an old recruiting technique..........

He restarts and joins a larger tag for protection, watch for a random recruitment message in your new countries

mrford Game profile

Feb 7th 2014, 17:47:00

tex is a long time suicider, and people remember his tag and past actions. im not surprised at all someone oop ABed him. it wasnt me though, so put your pants back on.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 7th 2014, 19:25:03

I was gonna mention what fordy said, lol

I still can say...

OH THE IRONY..... :p
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

brandon84 Game profile

Feb 7th 2014, 19:28:29

what goes around comes around

Home Turf Game profile

Feb 7th 2014, 20:14:08

dang nab it can we can we ?
HT

Dragon Game profile

Feb 7th 2014, 23:34:51

I just don't get why someone doesn't nut up and claim he/she did it. What fun is it if you do it anonymously. Artists sign their paintings.

Marshal Game profile

Feb 7th 2014, 23:41:15

maybe he/she did with his/her countrynames.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Dragon Game profile

Feb 7th 2014, 23:46:39

Originally posted by Rosco:

What's the fix for that? Not allowing AB's? Not allowing immediate delete? What matters if a player takes their string and ab's someone into the ground then deletes? "Fixing it" would require limiting the number of "special attacks" either by limiting the possible number of them or by depletion of readiness.

None of that will work due to the mechanics of wars on the server. All they could do is make the attacker declare war on their target and that penalizes the 95% of players who aren't suiciders.

The real answer? Have some tanks for defense. DUH.

Billyjoe of UCF Game profile

Feb 7th 2014, 23:57:35

why not join an actual clan.. lol

i play for the people.. its much more enjoyable.

cRaZyDaVe Game profile

Feb 8th 2014, 1:19:28

Originally posted by Dragon:
Originally posted by Rosco:

What's the fix for that? Not allowing AB's? Not allowing immediate delete? What matters if a player takes their string and ab's someone into the ground then deletes? "Fixing it" would require limiting the number of "special attacks" either by limiting the possible number of them or by depletion of readiness.

None of that will work due to the mechanics of wars on the server. All they could do is make the attacker declare war on their target and that penalizes the 95% of players who aren't suiciders.

The real answer? Have some tanks for defense. DUH.

the main point is don't allow instant delete to allow them to remake and be hidden again.

2 sets ago this was happening constantly to XI. but only our 1 inactive string was affected, so we didnt really care

but its nothing new
Originally posted by Twain:
I love the idea of sending even 100 troops into an area so they can go assassinate citizens one at a time.

Dragon Game profile

Feb 8th 2014, 1:47:39

I get that Dave, but even if instant delete is permitted, it's at least 2 more days before the guy can do another AB on anyone and if their target doesn't have enough tanks to defend, that's the defender's problem I think.

While I see how you feel that there should be a "cooldown" period between deleting one's countries and being able to create more, that screws clans at war if their members can't restart as they're killed.

IMO, the server has to take care of that. NBK for instance in the past has killed anything that looks like suiciders. The unfortunate part is that players who don't choose to defend themselves early on pay heavy for the decision if just one asshole decides to be a jerk.

Honestly, it's hard to sympathize with anyone who isn't defended against the Turn 101 Suicider. Warster said it right in a different thread. It's a risk vs. reward strategy. Sometimes, you're in the hole. I don't think that the game can ever rid itself of the random idiot. All we can do is protect against that and scan the country pool looking for problems waiting to happen.

cRaZyDaVe Game profile

Feb 8th 2014, 2:04:30

against XI they were 150k nw countries ab'ing defenseless countries and deleting...over and over again

you cant effectively pick off 100k nw countries

Originally posted by Twain:
I love the idea of sending even 100 troops into an area so they can go assassinate citizens one at a time.

Twain Game profile

Feb 8th 2014, 3:07:58

Well, hopefully after a few weeks, you'll be too big for 100k countries, but it would be annoying. Heck, even if they didn't self-delete, the effort it takes to kill with the returns going under 5 civs per hit now really sucks (I assume they're still doing that, right? I haven't played for a few sets).

texhomastud Game profile

Feb 8th 2014, 15:21:13

Originally posted by mrford:
tex is a long time suicider, and people remember his tag and past actions. im not surprised at all someone oop ABed him. it wasnt me though, so put your pants back on.

You call it suiciding, I call it standing up to bully clans 20x my size...

Every set NBK would hit/kill my 1 man clan. Its not suiciding when defending against a bully/coward clan.

I have 5 weeks to spare so going to play one last set before deleting from my favorite list.

Will not be suiciding NBK this set, gonna have fun and enjoy my last set.

Have enjoyed this great game for 4+ years. Thanks to all players and admins. Good luck all

mrford Game profile

Feb 9th 2014, 1:27:37

boo fluffing hoo

im not talking about NBK. my memory is longer than that, suicider. cry a fluffing river, i doubt anyone cares.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Khavic25 Game profile

Feb 9th 2014, 2:43:17

Tell him how you really feel fordy
Damn missed it

Colo Game profile

Feb 9th 2014, 6:11:15

Originally posted by texhomastud:
Originally posted by mrford:

You call it suiciding, I call it standing up to bully clans 20x my size...

Every set NBK would hit/kill my 1 man clan. Its not suiciding when defending against a bully/coward clan.

I have 5 weeks to spare so going to play one last set before deleting from my favorite list.

Will not be suiciding NBK this set, gonna have fun and enjoy my last set.

Have enjoyed this great game for 4+ years. Thanks to all players and admins. Good luck all

haha you should reread what you just said there.