Verified:

Cable Game profile

Feb 1st 2014, 5:42:26

Divide by 3 for PS with jets, each jet has an attack power of 3. divide by 2 for SSes...

so 50 turrets is 100 defense divided by 3 is 33.33 X 1.1 for 37 jets to break 50 turrets in a PS. If player has allies and weapons tech 100 + (100 X 1.07) 207 / 3 67 X 1.1 74 jets to break not 80 as Getafix suggests.

Xinhuan Game profile

Feb 1st 2014, 6:42:16

Oh you count that way. The rest of us count in turrets equivalent, and send the jets equivalent. For PS, just divide by 1.5 after everything else.

You are just confusing yourself if you multiply turrets by 2, and then divide by 3 later. It's the same thing, sure, but you set up more points of failure because you have to multiply strength correctly for each unit.

crest23 Game profile

Feb 1st 2014, 7:47:42

Lol, noob.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 1st 2014, 7:53:50

Originally posted by crest23:
Lol, noob.

Something lol, I haven't DHd yet and make my calcs tight as possible :-)
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

h2orich Game profile

Feb 1st 2014, 8:06:32

lol what is so hard to understand this?

assumming your allies have 100m turrets
you have 1m turrets with 1.30 weapons with 1.25 dict govern with 5% defence bonus. Your break for a PS will be
1m * 1.3 * 1.25 * 1.05 * 2 * 1.1 / 1.5

I'm 100% certain this is how it works.

I have demo people with huge allies 7 times and if he have 1m turrets with no govern bonus no weapons no anything the break for a PS on him after 7 demos will be

1m * 0.7 * 2 * 1.1 / 1.5

Edited By: h2orich on Feb 1st 2014, 8:09:30
See Original Post

crest23 Game profile

Feb 1st 2014, 8:23:41

Originally posted by h2orich:
lol what is so hard to understand this?

assumming your allies have 100m turrets
you have 1m turrets with 1.30 weapons with 1.25 dict govern with 5% defence bonus. Your break for a PS will be
1m * 1.3 * 1.25 * 1.05 * 2 * 1.1 / 1.5

I'm 100% certain this is how it works.

I have demo people with huge allies 7 times and if he have 1m turrets with no govern bonus no weapons no anything the break for a PS on him after 7 demos will be

1m * 0.7 * 2 * 1.1 / 1.5

If your break is not EXACTLY 2752750 jets, you are doing it wrong.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

blid

EE Patron

Feb 1st 2014, 12:34:18

Originally posted by Cable:
Divide by 3 for PS with jets, each jet has an attack power of 3. divide by 2 for SSes...

so 50 turrets is 100 defense divided by 3 is 33.33 X 1.1 for 37 jets to break 50 turrets in a PS. If player has allies and weapons tech 100 + (100 X 1.07) 207 / 3 67 X 1.1 74 jets to break not 80 as Getafix suggests.

Wow that's a creative way of doing things. I do it like Xin. Someone has 1m troops 5m turrets 500k tanks I go: 500k + 5m + 1m. *1.1, /1.5. And that's the # of jets I need to send.
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

Cable Game profile

Feb 1st 2014, 12:47:32

I guess I do it the super hard way @.@

I'd do that 500k + 5m +5m + 500k +500k +500k +500k ...... takes a long time to type out.

ill try it your guys way next time I grab, just have to get in the habit of doubling the tanks before any multipliers or I will definitely be failing more.

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 1st 2014, 13:50:24

I thinks its great! I got to join crest in calling you a noob :)

Cable Game profile

Feb 1st 2014, 14:01:19

I haven't denied being a newb Getafix I still have yet to get a win :(

One day I'll win a game...

LATC Game profile

Feb 1st 2014, 18:21:36

lol what the ridiculous is going on... it's really not that hard of a formula. Cable, like Xin said, think in turrets/jets equivalent since you're most likely using jets to attack.

Plug this into excel or something:

Total D Power = (targets D total*gov't*weapons*bonus) + max((ally 1 D Power *.25 + ally 2 D power *.25), (targets D total*gov't*weapons*bonus))

Attack jets needed = Total D power / your weapons / your gov't / 1.5 for PS * 1.1 for mehul

When calculating target's D power and Ally's D power in terms of jet/turret equivalent use: Troops * .5 + turrets + tanks * 2

When you are attacking a repub you divide by 1.1 for opponent gov't (instead of multiply). When you are repub you multiply attack jets needed by 1.1 (instead of divid).
Originally posted by Xinhuan:
Are you guys stupid or what?

blid

EE Patron

Feb 1st 2014, 19:30:26

LATC I think your Republic numbers are wrong. Repubs fight at 90% strength, so you multiply the opponent defense by 0.9 (not divide by 1.1), and when you are the Republic, you divide the break by 0.9, not multiply it by 1.1. It's different.
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

LATC Game profile

Feb 1st 2014, 19:48:32

Oh is it? I guess it's a small enough difference usually that it never rly affected my grab success when I was repub.
Are you guys stupid or what?

Serpentor Game profile

Feb 1st 2014, 19:54:21

Yup
The EEVIL Empire

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 1st 2014, 19:57:02

Ah ha!!! Another Noob!!

SAM_DANGER Game profile

Feb 1st 2014, 20:16:42

Originally posted by LATC:

Plug this into excel or something:

AS I WAS READING THIS THREAD, I WAS STARTING TO WONDER IF I WAS THE ONLY UBERNERD HERE WHO ACTUALLY HAS AN EXCEL ATTACK CALC SPREADSHEET ALREADY MADE UP. PLUG IN THE DEFENDERS AND HIS/HER ALLIES' NUMBERS... DONE.

GLAD TO SEE THAT I'M NOT!

HA!

SAM

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 1st 2014, 20:34:00

How do you import the spyop into Excel?

SAM_DANGER Game profile

Feb 1st 2014, 20:39:27

MY PREFERRED METHOD IS DIGITAL.

FIRST, I SHRINK INTERNET EXPLORER TO ABOUT 1/4 THE SIZE OF MY MONITOR, AND LOCATE IT IN THE BOTTOM RIGHT HAND CORNER.

THEN, I SHRINK EXCEL TO ABOUT THE SAME SIZE, AND LOCATE IT IN THE UPPER LEFT HAND CORNER.

THEN I USE 5 LEFT DIGITS AND 5 RIGHT DIGITS TO ENTER THE RELEVANT INFORMATION FROM THE SPY OP INTO THE SPREADSHEET.

SOMETIMES I ONLY USE THE 5 RIGHT DIGITS, IF I'M ON A KEYBOARD WITH A 10-KEY PAD.

HA!

SAM

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 1st 2014, 20:50:03

Thanks SAM. Thought maybe you had some kind of clever irc script and data feed into Excel.

I cut and paste the target syop and ally op, spy allies, paste into OneNote. Then I do the calculations by typing into onenote below the targets spyop, where I can count up his turrets, tanks etc and look up the Weapons % because I have the acres and weapons points right there too. Just type like 1000*1.25*1.42=

h2orich Game profile

Feb 1st 2014, 21:50:53

I use windows calculator.

crest23 Game profile

Feb 1st 2014, 21:58:13

I have 2 monitors so I just type it into my spreadsheet.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 1st 2014, 22:02:55

It would be good if MS OneNote 2010 was upgraded to have the ability to paste an active excel spreadsheet into it.

Xinhuan Game profile

Feb 1st 2014, 22:39:11

Well SAM_DANGER, the formula isn't that hard or long to require a spreadsheet. Since it is just an equation, you can type it just about anywhere including but not limited to these locations:

1. Using Google search bar and search "1+2*3"
2. Using //echo 1 $calc(1+2*3) in mIRC.
3. Using the command line with scripting languages like Python, Perl, Lua, which might be installed on your computer. For example: python -c "print 1+2*3"

Since you're just typing an equation, it can be easily modified for the next grab target. (Press up-arrow for previous command/chat line). Doing it on Google search bar ensures you can pretty much do this anywhere on any computer and you don't need to copy/bring any spreadsheet with you, nor use google docs.

I don't even calculate the target's weapon% using a tech calculator (like the one on eestats). It's calculated for you in the saved spy ops section (and yes, I checked it is correct, even for a different government from your own country).

Edited By: Xinhuan on Feb 1st 2014, 22:41:45
See Original Post

blid

EE Patron

Feb 1st 2014, 22:41:04

windows calculator.

Xinhuan Game profile

Feb 1st 2014, 22:42:16

Originally posted by blid:
windows calculator.

I use a mac at work. :P
Though there is an Apple calculator.
But being able to edit an equation is far better than using a calculator app.

blid

EE Patron

Feb 1st 2014, 22:44:35

no it's not

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 1st 2014, 23:12:52

when you type an equation it stays there unlike Windows calc, and you can double check it. Especially if all the spyops are right there next to it on one page. You can also post links to the 3 spied countries and link to their eestats pages in seconds, each hyperlink opening a new Google Chrome window to the country's eestats profile. Fewer errors from last second NW jumps, just check right after the 5 minute mark (though eestats is delayed by about 2 minutes).

And if one country changes, respy and change the number in your original equation.

eManny Game profile

Feb 1st 2014, 23:21:56

I like how #94 and #103 get farmed everyday for thousand + acres and their response to getting farmed is explore all their turns or whatever.

I am totally going to suggest an internal DR from country to country attacks, otherwise it's all about finding the nicest landfarm, lol.

Marshal Game profile

Feb 1st 2014, 23:27:15

Originally posted by eManny:

I am totally going to suggest an internal DR from country to country attacks, otherwise it's all about finding the nicest landfarm, lol.

there is ghost dr already between country - country attacks so doubt your suggestion gets added.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Xinhuan Game profile

Feb 1st 2014, 23:37:09

Ya, country-country DR already exists, but only applied to Ghost Acres. This ghost DR is on top of the normal DR (discounting double counting the same attacks), and lasts the full reset. It was added to discourage landtrading on Alliance.

afaik Game profile

Feb 1st 2014, 23:54:19

ALL recent game changes were introduced to balance something on alliance IMO :)

+1 for windows calculator though... with the speed i use a num pad i can get a break in seconds flat... express honed the ability to a ludicrous level. I presume the same for most of us here!!

my path is: 2xtanks + turrets, ctrl c, troops/2 + ctrl v, * 1.1 * 1.weap * 1.govt * 1.bonus * 2, / 1.5 / 1.weap / 1.govt.

The only time sink is if you choose to investigate more closely the chances of max allied support, which can be a huge variable.

Marshal Game profile

Feb 1st 2014, 23:54:48

Ya, country-country DR already exists, but only applied to Ghost Acres. This ghost DR is on top of the normal DR (discounting double counting the same attacks), and lasts the full reset. It was added to discourage landtrading on Alliance.

ffa actually not alliance.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

crest23 Game profile

Feb 2nd 2014, 1:07:26

I find it just dumb if you have to do the same thing everyday and you don't figure to automate regardless of how simple and insignificant it is for you. I fail enough already when I forget I'm hitting a dict or to add the defense bonus to risk making a mistake using Google? Seriously? Windows/Apple calculator? Are you kidding me?

Edited By: crest23 on Feb 2nd 2014, 1:10:45
The Nigerian Nightmare.

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 2nd 2014, 1:09:16

afaik, you don't even bother to spy allies? You just assume 100%?

crest23 Game profile

Feb 2nd 2014, 1:13:10

Originally posted by Getafix:

With the recent change of increased jet losses, that would not be very smart to not spy allies.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

blid

EE Patron

Feb 2nd 2014, 1:17:09

I'm sure he spies allies. Add up the defenses, divide by 4, (copy). Then calculate the target's def, then + (paste) * 1.1 / 1.5 / weap sci
when you type an equation it stays there unlike Windows calc, and you can double check it. Especially if all the spyops are right there next to it on one page. You can also post links to the 3 spied countries and link to their eestats pages in seconds, each hyperlink opening a new Google Chrome window to the country's eestats profile. Fewer errors from last second NW jumps, just check right after the 5 minute mark (though eestats is delayed by about 2 minutes).

And if one country changes, respy and change the number in your original equation.
Lol what the hell. You're pasting spy ops and links and fluff somewhere? Seriously I don't know what you guys using your "formulas" are talking about because unless you've got it autoparsing you still have to input each value into your formula right? Exactly like I input each value into windows calculator. It's not even any different except calculator is handy-dandy tiny resource, tiny size program i can just drop on top of my game window. I get my result in seconds and never fail, so why should I overthink it with all that crap

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 2nd 2014, 1:22:43

Ah ha!!! Another Noob!!

Its nOOb!, not Noob, ya nOOblet! :p
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 2nd 2014, 1:24:58

nOOblet yourself Nooboe!!

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 2nd 2014, 1:32:40

nOOblet yourself Nooboe!!

I'm the NOTORIOUS nOOb, the nOObest of them all, bro!
(•_•)

eManny Game profile

Feb 2nd 2014, 1:37:04

Does this country to country DR reset at any point during the 2month period?

eManny Game profile

Feb 2nd 2014, 1:45:21

Originally posted by crest23:

With the recent change of increased jet losses, that would not be very smart to not spy allies.

Basically if I fail like 4 ops before getting one off, I'm not going to spy on allies and all his allies. I'd just lose 20 spy ops and have too fluffty of a spal to get any ops off for days lol.

But defenetly, if you have the SPAL (or they don't) I go for it. Sometimes you can deduce through the % of NW alliance cost if the guy has none, 1 or 2 D allies...

EDIT: Another neat trick I use is that sometimes the person's alliance cost = Land * 5 which means no free GDI and no allies either :D :D

Edited By: eManny on Feb 2nd 2014, 1:47:26
See Original Post

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 2nd 2014, 1:46:03

Anyway , getting back to blid's disparaging remarks about copying and pasting, I just select, ctrl c, click onenote (where I have sections for each current game), ctrl v. You have to go over to spy centre, click saved spy operations, find the correct spy op, open it, then memorize the numbers or enter them in your calculator right away before you do it all again for the next saved spyop. My spyops are all together, i can scroll up and down, and enter my calculation anywhere on the page with no more keys than you and your calculator.

blid

EE Patron

Feb 2nd 2014, 1:48:36

Mmm, i do it live. the first time i spy the ally and the page appears on my screen, just punch it in. no memorizing or whatever, the calculator sits right on top of the webpage so i can see it as i enter the info. spy the other ally, punch it in. then i go to the spy review page for the original target because that calculates weap% anyway. I don't really "get" having such an elaborate setup but oh well, different strokes as they say, right? :)

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 2nd 2014, 1:53:30

right. I've been doing this for a while and I have it down to a quick routine. I just looked into addins for Onenote and downloaded something that gives me a "send to onenote" button in Chrome, but it was crap. cntl c, cntl v works great for me.

Anyway, this method helps me make less mistakes, and its worth the extra time for copying the links to check NW changes if its a big retal.

h2orich Game profile

Feb 2nd 2014, 1:57:21

eManny, no... Country:Country DR stays with you the entire set. However I've noticed the ghost dr for country:country DR is different for every server. For example in 1a, you get 0 ghost acres faster than other servers if you keep attacking the same guy the entire reset.

blid

EE Patron

Feb 2nd 2014, 2:15:24

Er I don't think qzjul would have put different things in for diff servers.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 2nd 2014, 2:20:56

Originally posted by blid:
Er I don't think qzjul would have put different things in for diff servers.

Things are changing in FFA, by how much and what?, I dunno :-/
(•_•)

SethMosrite Game profile

Feb 2nd 2014, 3:28:39

Since we are on the subject, does anybody care to share methods for estimating defensive allies without
getting spy ops? I typically do ((NW - (A*100) ) /0.6) / 4

eManny Game profile

Feb 2nd 2014, 3:52:36

If I was to guess I'm usually pretty conservative because I'd rather have big losses than miss the attack.
So I assume 0.7 Turrets / NW

If the guy has 5M NW I assume 3.5M Turrets. It's a rule that works 99% of the time, as only 1% of the time someone has more than 0.7 T / NW. If you want to be less conservative you can assume 0.5 T / NW and it will still work 90% of the time. But logic changes things a bit, for example, if he's made big grabs he's obviously mostly jets or whatever so that changes things. But usually when bottom-feeding these guys don't have much offense.

I have my own question, can anyone point me to military (e.g. troops, turrets...) loss calculations when getting grabbed?

Xinhuan Game profile

Feb 2nd 2014, 7:15:02

Originally posted by eManny:

Does this country to country DR reset at any point during the 2month period?

No, it does not reset.